Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

2 minutes ago, jitteryzeitgeist said:

You can get generalized "advice."  Most legal consultations end with "well you can report it, or you can hire us and we can go over the specifics" but in general a lawyer is going to push you to action.

And if you don't have hard evidence, like say copies of emails or contracts or anything written verifying your story, then you've basically got nothing.

In fact, the only thing you CAN do is respond to people on social media so they stop blowing up your inbox.  Which is what she did.

And now is getting drug over the coals for it for daring to defy the innocent and wholesome Linus.

LMG goes far beyond Linus.  Just saying.  And I dont know, I just feel like she could have done SOMETHING other than "vent" if she was assaulted.  Are family wouldn't help with legal fees?  If she won the case it would be huge.  I guess we all handle things different.

4 minutes ago, Reclus said:

The law is the law. There are actions that are illegal in a workplace on which the police will act on. The only person that knows nothing here is you. Don't care about these wonderful terms you are using: victim blaming, toxic workplace etc. in the slightest. Innocent until proven guilty is the law. Twitter posts aren't.

Lmao "wonderful terms", they just gave you 100% valid arguments and that is your response?

1 minute ago, acidchrist62 said:

YIKES

This was on a stream to entertain people, and calling out the stupidness of the comments that she gets on social media. Do you guys even think before you post stuff? 

2 minutes ago, 0catt said:

Yes ofc, I'm still waiting like everyone else, but until then there other things to make them accountable like the GN thing

I can see multiple reasons why 

1. Either she reported and they didn't do anything

2.She needed legal help from lawyers

3.She didn't go to the police because she was either afraid or not mentally capable of 

Don't look at it as if it was you because not everybody is the same, there are tons of valid reasons for not doing this and I just gave you 3

Stuff like this can really tear you down to the point you can't even get out of bed. 

No. There aren't any valid reasons. There are only personal reasons that hold little value to the weight of allegations you are throwing publicly on Twitter.

1 minute ago, HesCalledTheStig said:

LMG goes far beyond Linus.  Just saying.  And I dont know, I just feel like she could have done SOMETHING other than "vent" if she was assaulted.  Are family wouldn't help with legal fees?  If she won the case it would be huge.  I guess we all handle things different.

Even if she didn't win, she may have even been able to settle and recoup her lost costs and wages she vents about just to avoid all this. She doesn't strike me as a very mature person yet, so I don't know if that plus whatever else she was dealing with played a part in that decision-making at the time. Hard to say not being in her shoes. 

Just now, 0catt said:

Lmao "wonderful terms", they just gave you 100% valid arguments and that is your response?

Yes it is. Your 100% valid arguments mean 0% to me as they have no legal weight and only prove that you seek validation on Twitter 

40 minutes ago, DakotaCx said:

There are some assumptions there. 

1) Did they need to be responded to? I doubt it, but I don't know. 
2) I honestly don't know if that would be negligent if that's your job. 
3) When you voice your concern, they ask for a little longer for the bit, and you continue does that not imply consent at that point to continue? I don't know. 

I think circumstances and context do matter in cases like this. As already stated elsewhere, I'm genuinely unsure and curious how that would play out. 

#1 Even if they did not need a response, I think it’s almost certain that DMs sent in good faith would have been answered by the manager.

#2 The obvious sexual innuendos with which the campaign was launched, the platform of choice, and the fact that there is no automatic NSFW filtering of content on OnlyFans, should have resulted in an assessment that there is going to be an influx of NSFW content. I feel like it should make the employer liable for some labour law violation regarding health and safety or an inappropriate work environment. Even if it does not, and unfortunately I have to agree it may not, it is not a good look and the legal side probably doesn’t matter unless there’s a complaint.

This is qualitatively different than dealing with this content at a usual frequency on a platform that attempts to protect the viewer from this type of stuff, in the case of an employer, even automatically through corporate MDM on Chrome disabling all NSFW stuff.

#3 It does not. If you complain, and they ignore your complaint, there is a violation of workplace safety rules. If your employer does not protect your health by giving you appropriate work equipment and you end up injured on the job, you showing up on the site without safety equipment does not mean the employer did nothing wrong cause you “consented” to your injury because you ought not to have gone to the site that day. The onus is on the employer to protect the employee. Even legally, as well, if it is proven the complaint from the employee happened, if there was no explicit consent given later, it would be very difficult for anyone to imply that suddenly the person was cool with it.

1 minute ago, DakotaCx said:

Even if she didn't win, she may have even been able to settle and recoup her lost costs and wages she vents about just to avoid all this. 

That's further legal fees to do so. And it's still a "may have even been able to" situation.

3 minutes ago, acidchrist62 said:

YIKES

Seems like a teenager to me. My kids (also teenagers, but younger) watch videos like this all the time on social media. I'm not the target audience for that kind of humor, but I'm middle-aged.

12 minutes ago, Reclus said:

The law is the law. There are actions that are illegal in a workplace on which the police will act on. The only person that knows nothing here is you. Don't care about these wonderful terms you are using: victim blaming, toxic workplace etc. in the slightest. Innocent until proven guilty is the law. Twitter posts aren't.

I guess its fitting that someone with the punisher as an avatar has zero idea how the police force and the justice system works in the real world and not just on paper.

Just now, William Isted said:

That's further legal fees to do so. And it's still a "may have even been able to" situation.

That is true.  And who knows how it would all play out being between 2 different countries.  There are too many different variables at play.  Who knows how its going to play out.

6 minutes ago, Reclus said:

So the better option is to rant on Twitter without any accountability, to look for validation while throwing people under the bus without any evidence on your say so. Do not care how difficult the barriers are. Serious criminal accusations require serious legal approach. Not goddamn Twitter. 

Glad to know that if you get into a traumatic situation, you will always have the perfect situational awareness to do everything 100% properly. Not everyone will, and people need to be seen and heard in spite of that because they're human.

As for me, I prefer the compassionate approach.

It's entirely possible that I misinterpreted/misread your topic and/or question. This happens more often than I care to admit. Apologies in advance.

珠江 (Pearl River): CPU: Intel i7-12700K (8p4e/20t); Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming Plus Z690 WiFi; RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 @3200MHz CL16; Cooling Solution: NZXT Kraken Z53 240mm AIO, w/ 2x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fans; GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 10GB FTW3 Ultra; Storage: Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB; Samsung 970 EVO, 1TB; Crucial MX500, 2TB; PSU: Corsair RM850x; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB, Black; Display(s): Primary: ASUS ROG Swift PG279QM (1440p 27" 240 Hz); Secondary: Acer Predator XB1 XB241H bmipr (1080p 24" 144 Hz, 165 Hz OC); Case Fans: 1x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fan, 3x stock RGB fans; Capture Card: Elgato HD60 Pro

翻生 (Resurrection): CPU: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2620 v2; Motherboard: ASUS Z9PR-D12 (C602 chipset) SSI-EEB; RAM: Crucial 32GB (8x4GB) DDR3 ECC RAM; Cooling Solution: 2x Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; GPU: ASRock Intel ARC A380 Challenger ITX; StorageCrucial MX500, 500GB; PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750W; Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro; Expansion Card: TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200 PCIe Wi-Fi Adapter Display(s): Dell P2214HB (1080p 22" 60 Hz)

壯麗 (Glorious): Mainboard: Framework Mainboard w/ Intel Core i5-1135G7; RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 SODIMM @3200MHz CL22; eGPU: Razer Core X eGPU Enclosure w/ (between GPUs at the moment); Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 1TB; Display(s): Internal Display: Framework Display; External Display: Acer (unknown model) (1080p, 21" 75 Hz)

Just now, Reclus said:

No. There aren't any valid reasons. There are only personal reasons that hold little value to the weight of allegations you are throwing publicly on Twitter.

Lmao. What is this with your boomer mentality that makes you think that being mentally unavailable is not a valid reason? 

You clearly don't understand the struggle so why are you even commenting on it?

Just makes you sound like an asshole who thinks mental issues are not real issues.

She has the right, of being abused, and not taking legal action immediately. 

Especially in a community where the majority is men. that if she came with this out of nowhere, before this GN drama, she would be verbally attacked, send death threats etc

like its literally happening rn. 

1 hour ago, BaidDSB said:

LMG is DELETING comments mentioning madison in the fake apology video

Here's PROOF: https://old.reddit.com/r/LinusTechTips/comments/15su54s/deleted_madison_comments_on_the_youtube_apology/

Seems admission of guilt. why else would they delete these?

Can confirm. Posted and had a couple of likes without info on Madison as I had no idea. Made an edit on the post pointing to the X thread. Post got deleted in minutes. Not only is the apology more fake by the minute. Looking at the edits, its clear that LS is doing the moderation himself. This is getting out of hand for him. Seriously, he needs to be put on a leave of absence and get treatment.

Just now, William Isted said:

That's fair. The legal fees can be intimidating, although given the size of the company and valuation I imagine some lawyer out there may jump on it. Not sure how Canada handles civil cases, but there are plenty of "if you don't win, you don't pay" lawyers down here. 

But I get it. Even just custody disputes are ridiculous in time, energy, and expenses. 

Just now, TheMidnightNarwhal said:

You are a horrible human being no other way to write it then. Yikes. 

Yes. Because I believe innocent until proven guilty is a thing and Twitter posts about abuse are pointless and harmful.

1 minute ago, HesCalledTheStig said:

That is true.  And who knows how it would all play out being between 2 different countries.  There are too many different variables at play.  Who knows how its going to play out.

Kind of have to wait and see what happens I guess. But it's going to be rocky for everyone involved including all those working at LMG.

7 minutes ago, Reclus said:

Yes it is. Your 100% valid arguments mean 0% to me as they have no legal weight and only prove that you seek validation on Twitter 

So... Only things that have legal weight can be wrong?
I mean, there are a lot of places with different laws.
For instance, where I live, is not illegal to date a 14 year old even if you are 18. Is that right? Should we all date 14yo then? It is just an example, I'm sure there a lot of stupid laws in other countries too. The point is, something having a legal weight (or not) is not necessarily related to something being right or wrong. 
Cmon, you are really stretching this one.

This font is amazing.

1 minute ago, William Isted said:

Kind of have to wait and see what happens I guess. But it's going to be rocky for everyone involved including all those working at LMG.

Yep. Maybe this week off is for more than just the reasons mentioned in the video. 

Again, as always, seems that there is no point in arguing. People will always troll on purpose, on accident, or just be plain ignorant. We can't do anything either way, only make sure that this doesn't get swept under the rug. If half of this stuff turns out to be true, it's really bad. 

Main point is: don't assume that your experience is valid for everyone and that your opinion is the one everyone should listen to and follow.

And for the love of God, please be civil to the parties involved and to the others. Everyone involved is a real person

9 minutes ago, HesCalledTheStig said:

And yet shes the one you blame for it, apparently.

Neat.

Just now, 0catt said:

Lmao. What is this with your boomer mentality that makes you think that being mentally unavailable is not a valid reason? 

You clearly don't understand the struggle so why are you even commenting on it?

Just makes you sound like an asshole who thinks mental issues are not real issues.

She has the right, of being abused, and not taking legal action immediately. 

Especially in a community where the majority is men. that if she came with this out of nowhere, before this GN drama, she would be verbally attacked, send death threats etc

like its literally happening rn. 

I don't care how this makes me sound in the slightest either. Call me what ever you want. If there was a crime report it. If you don't that is on you. No one else. Just you. Your mental capacity isn't my problem and can't be a part of a discussion about criminal activities. Your mental issues are only yours. They are not a get out of jail free card that allows you to accuse another person without evidence and demand that that person be persecuted. 

2 hours ago, wanderingfool2 said:

To this, I'm think it's prudent to still reserve judgement on whether the allegations are true or false.  If other employees come forward with similar allegations or back up her story, then I think it will lend credence to this

Criminally? For sure. I don't think anyone should be prosecuted off allegations.

But considering the context of what LTT is doing, how they are responding incredibly poorly, and the weight of the allegations, I am at least morally obligated to support Madison here. Why would Madison make up such crazy claims over nothing? Especially when she wrote the same stuff in her glassdoor review back then.

5 minutes ago, Reclus said:

Yes. Because I believe innocent until proven guilty is a thing and Twitter posts about abuse are pointless and harmful.

Sorry I edited my comment.

I take back what I wrote actually sorry, either you are really a horrible human being or just a young naive and immature person still in highschool. The legal system doesn't need to be involved everywhere. You are aware you can be legally not guilty of something but still be guilty of the action you done.... you realise that right? It's irrelevant to the point. 

And how is it pointless and harmful? If what she says is 100% true but they cannot prove it in court, how the F is it pointless to air it out and let the truth be out there? Do you understand what it takes to pursue legal matter and how much money it cost? Of course you don't or else you wouldn't be writing such comments.  I used to think like you when I was a kid a few years back but now I've matured and learned a lot about life. The system is rigged against you in the first place for most things.