Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

1 minute ago, codemak said:

LTT should just have never hired this person.  Just look at her twitter feed in 2021 when she was working for LTT.  She was still acting like a high school kid.  I don't know why LTT gave her an adult job thinking she would be ready to make that leap so quickly (my gut tells me they were trying to put positive pressure on her and giving her lots of chances but she wasn't ready and they didn't recognize it). 

She also freely expresses sexual innuendo in her posts.  I'm not saying any wrong doings around any improper etiquette were her fault, but there may be a correlation between what she is putting out and what she was getting back.

She seems nice but from an outsider reading all her messages and getting a window into her personality into the time of working there, she was not ready for that kind of pressure.  That part falls on LTT.

I was kinda thinking this as well but don’t want to judge based that alone. I do know that the few times she was on camera, she came off extremely snarky to me. Lots of weird humor and cheeky jokes. But again, who am I to judge, especially given the allegations. 

There is so much victim blaming going on in this forum thread its honestly disgusting. Jesus christ.

23 minutes ago, redf5 said:

Absolutely, she could still file a suit, but evidence will probably be weaker at this point, unless she saved everything.

I mean what I've seen from the LMG offices, it would be fairly to do this all in private, hell some of the stuff she claims was not done in private, so unless everyone is willing to cover it all up for her, then there would be enough evidence to corroborate at least part of her story. I cannot believe that everyone would lie for the company, not to mention that people have left since then. They could also hear people anonymously. So how big of a cover up would it have to be?

I remember watching a video about sexual harassment a while ago and seeing a lot of (honestly pretty likely) men go and say nearly the same exact things we heard from that video. You know, stuff like "Where's the line" or "This is an odd timing" etc. Honestly wouldnt be surprised if there were comments like "oh she should've just looked different to have none of these issues" or similar

sigh.

✨FNIGE✨

Just now, RWxAshley said:

There is so much victim blaming going on in this forum thread its honestly disgusting. Jesus christ.

We don’t know that she is a “victim” yet. I reserve judgement. But I won’t outright call her a liar as others have. 

Just now, HesCalledTheStig said:

I was kinda thinking this as well but don’t want to judge based that alone. I do know that the few times she was on camera, she came off extremely snarky to me. Lots of weird humor and cheeky jokes. But again, who am I to judge, especially given the allegations. 

Holy shit you guys are reaching for anything so you don't need to face the reality that a media company in the tech review space might have employees that don't know how to talk to a woman. Jesus Christ. This isn't rocket science.

Just now, HesCalledTheStig said:

We don’t know that she is a “victim” yet. I reserve judgement. But I won’t outright call her a liar as others have. 

Its not a stretch given everything we know about LMG right now and having very poor management, and having an extremely young senior leadership team that has never been in positions of power like that. This is literally nothing new.

Its not a stretch given everything we know about LMG right now and having very poor management, and having an extremely young senior leadership team that has never been in positions of power like that. This is literally nothing new.

But we don’t KNOW anything. It’s all speculation. 

what does "innapropriatly grabbed" mean?

Did I help you?? Then please mark my answer as the solution!

8 minutes ago, DakotaCx said:

I guess I don't see the issue there. If I go to my boss reciting laws about why I should get my way it wouldn't go well for me either. 

Man I had to log in to reply to this. Then you have a shit boss that doesn't care about you. I don't understand why as a boss you think they should be above the law and not follow regulations..? If something is being broken by your boss you 100% come to them with the issue they are breaking like hello? What am I reading right now. 

Man am I so darn happy to work for the federal government instead for a company that views me as a slave in this capitalist hellhole. 

1 minute ago, codemak said:

I think it's because some people have teenage daughters and understand that there is a very credible chance they don't recognize how they are presenting themselves to the world.  I'm not saying one side is right or wrong, but you don't side with a party simply because they are crying about a past employment.  There are processes to ensure this type of stuff gets taken care of properly.  She didn't use those.  All her posts are total hearsay.  Her twitter and teenage like personality doesn't help her case.

Exactly what I'm talking about. What the actual fuck is this response?

2 minutes ago, HesCalledTheStig said:

Read what I said Karen. I didn’t say she was lying or that LMG was innocent. 

What the hell kind of response is this too?

2 minutes ago, codemak said:

All her posts are total hearsay. 

How can it be hearsay, when she describes what happened to her ?

Exactly what I'm talking about. What the actual fuck is this response?

What the hell kind of response is this too?

Mine was a factual response. Must be why you didn’t understand it 🤷

8 minutes ago, RWxAshley said:

Agreed it's really insane. And then people wonder why people are so afraid to come out and call it out.

This community made a kid and his mother kill themselves because of how ruthless the harassment and bullying was. It's really scary how humans can act. 

3 minutes ago, Pickles von Brine said:

I am not sure exactly how to feel about this till more comes out. Part of what she says sounds like she is angry. The other issue is timing. Finally, IF this is true then there is… some reckoning coming.  It currently it is he said she said. Though I am unsure if ltt can fully come out to disprove things. If they do, they cancel culture will come out saying they are lying. I’d they dont, cancel culture will come out saying they are monsters. 

util further notice I am reserving judgement.

Am I part of the MeeToo movement if I declare that I am reserving judgment me too ? I certainly hope not 😛

I won't debate on anything that happened because I stopped reading once GN went out with their video. I watch LTT videos because I like tech, tech news and goofy jokes. When there is too much drama involved, it saps any fun there has been and it becomes like any other tabloid sensationalist news outlet.

My take on the whole Madison affair is that we'll probably never know what really happened and from the point of view of every person involved. Yes, something needs to be done so that it never repeats again. But what really happened... is probably not of our business at this point. This is something LMG, Madison and all those involved have to deal with.

What can we do as viewers of LTT channels ? I think the most appropriate action is to keep an open mind, do not condemn and do not assume anything. There are facts of what really happened but the Internet is not the place to find them.

Hope that situation will be resolved one way or another and for the better, not the worse.

Have a nice day everyone, is in "be nice and behave" everyone 🙂

1 minute ago, Alex T88 said:

How can it be hearsay, when she describes what happened to her ?

Easily, when you don't understand what hearsay means and your main goal is just to discredit what she's saying. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

I would like to add a counter-argument that Madison was pretty on edge in her first ROX reboot video.

She made "jokes" that were on the line of what's not okay for YouTube and even Linus corrected her a few times.

Was it fun to watch? Yes, but I keep asking myself if this is really a problem or did she engage in these things and now years trying the generate some controversy.
Sarah, Emily, and Maria are still working for LMG and we haven't heard anything from them.

If I started at a new job as a young girl and troll people, making sexual-themed jokes, laughing at Linus in he's underpants (yes that's in a video).
And coming back years later telling you it was such a pain you just lost all credibility. you should have quit that day or talked to HR or should have gone to the authorities...

LMG has no reason to engage in this discussion because it's an ex-employee and it might even be illegal to talk about that (I'm European). 
But I don't think we need to take Madisonds claims as facts, if this really is an issue there should be a legal system to take care of this, if not these are just words on a social platform, and let's face it, how much information on social is factually true in the last years?

I think we should close this topic and wait it out, it only fuels the fire.

"Trust but verify"
- Listed, think then talk -

8 hours ago, Riccardo Cagnasso said:

- she alleges that she was "inappropriately grabbed" whatever it means

what does "innapropriatly grabbed mean?

Did I help you?? Then please mark my answer as the solution!

do find it a little sus that she now brings more details compared to the old drama that was. but I guess maybe because she felt threatened by bad actors? some are old points that she did talk about before, not sure if she kind of brushed some parts off, it was a while ago.

And ofc, there can be more to the story and people misunderstand each other. ofc some here sounds like it went further though with maybe some people.

Edited by Quackers101

2 minutes ago, RWxAshley said:

This. Her claims doesn't have to be true to be plausible, and not in the least for us to feel empathetic. People are questioning her mental sanity without even knowing her on a deeper level, just to remotely try to discredit claims that they themselves have no way of knowing the truth of.

In light of recent videos and drama from LMG, like the GN's video suggestion rush behavior and other sloppiness, it is plausible that there is a lot of work pressure among the ranks of the company. And while we from the outside can't say how much it extends and if it is at all toxic, we can say from the light of all this that there are problems that they have to address, denying this is just fanboyism among other worse things.

One thing that Madison has pointed out that merits deep thinking is how HR is also Upper Management in LMG, which is kind of unacceptable in a company that size. That alone makes her claims possible, if anything.

1 minute ago, HesCalledTheStig said:

Mine was a factual response. Must be why you didn’t understand it 🤷

The only facts that exist are the ones that Madison was mistreated at a company that has proven history of poor leadership, misconduct, and management issues. You refusing to accept reality isn't a facts. Its your uninformed opinion.

2 minutes ago, djksm said:

what does "innapropriatly grabbed mean?

It means grabbed in a way that does not feel appropriate to her.

Without any evidence, the readership would probably assume that it was sexual or to make her feel intimidated.

1 minute ago, Leiker535 said:

Her claims doesn't have to be true to be plausible

holy shit holy shit what the actual fuck have I just read

The only facts that exist are the ones that Madison was mistreated at a company that has proven history of poor leadership, misconduct, and management issues. You refusing to accept reality isn't a facts. Its your uninformed opinion.

All I’m saying is, how do we

KNOW any of this is true?  I’m not taking any sides.