Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

1 minute ago, Chairman Boofy said:

For all you know there may be lots of evidence, doesn't mean it doesn't exist somewhere at the company or that the person making allegations is just gonna post all of it on twitter. Again, that's not my argument here - it's against the many posts in this thread dismissing it entirely because "muh evidence". She has zero obligation to show the whole world what evidence she may have. 

I haven't seen many recent posts dismissing the allegations entirely.   Withholding judgement is very different that dismissing the accusation entirely.   

I don't believe anyone is saying these claims should not be investigated, just that we should await more evidence before passing judgement.

That is not dismissive.   That is saying the claims are serious enough to warrant action.   

What more do you want people to do?

Just now, eric79x said:

I was sexually harassed by a 'senior manager' at an actual legit international corporation.

I 110% knew if I reported it, with me being the new contractor and her being a senior manager, that *I* would be the one to be asked to leave.

I'm a dude and I knew I had no hope of justice; I can't imagine what women go thru in that situation.

I think it is hard for male victims but for different reasons. 

There is a common notion that I have heard people say that men can't be victims. Which is patently false. 

I was in the same position while working in retail for a big box store and I was the one that almost got fired.

Chucking my $0.02 into the mix. 

With the allegations made they need to be investigated.  As this raises questions over the executive team there is a requirement that this happens by a third party.  LTT/Teren are doing this, which means they are taking it seriously.  It is also good to see that they have committed to publishing the findings for full transparency. 

From what I've seen they haven't outlined the investigation scope, how much of the following it covers is not known publicly yet:

• The incident alleged by Madison
  • The initial handling of the incident alleged
  • Organization processes for handling complaints
  • Company culture and the established framework that drives this
  • Executive leadership skillset
  • Policy definition and deployment

Until the investigation is complete there is significant speculation online and at times a few pitchforks seem to be out for Linus/LMG Leadership/LMG Staff/etc. 

The fact that they are getting this independant investigated and have out the company in crisis control/frozen production means they are taking it seriously.  

I will wait for the investigation and the actions taken following it before unsubscribing or making judgements. 

image.png.591aad22300840bb047dab17d3c30297.png

I want Madison to be heard and the truth must come out but her tweets are really chaotic.

Who asked you about the sexual history? was it colleagues? a manager? were you in private room or was it a group chat? At the end of the day people are still people and in a company with 100+ young employees there's bound to be drama. Did they force you to be part of the group or did you play along just so you wouldn't feel left out? 

These accusations must be looked into and it should have consequences but we're talking about a 100+ people company, if things are as bad as she made it seem I highly doubt people would be working there for as long as they have. 

1 minute ago, Mutex01 said:

Lol....that has to be the worse "evidence" of anything I have ever seen posted seriously.

Was this meant to be sarcasm?

Are you seriously going to ask me for more concrete evidence after reading a Twitter accusation? 

18 minutes ago, TeraSeraph said:

The fact she didn't report any of this to WorkSafe is odd.

Sexual harassment is often not reported.   That should not be taken as evidence of anything

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/health-safety/reports/workplace-harassment-sexual-violence.html

"Although 75% of survey respondents who had experienced harassment, sexual harassment or violence reported the most recent incident, 41% of them stated that no attempt was made to resolve the issue."

3 minutes ago, isp said:

Chucking my $0.02 into the mix. 

With the allegations made they need to be investigated.  As this raises questions over the executive team there is a requirement that this happens by a third party.  LTT/Teren are doing this, which means they are taking it seriously.  It is also good to see that they have committed to publishing the findings for full transparency. 

From what I've seen they haven't outlined the investigation scope, how much of the following it covers is not known publicly yet:

• The incident alleged by Madison
  • The initial handling of the incident alleged
  • Organization processes for handling complaints
  • Company culture and the established framework that drives this
  • Executive leadership skillset
  • Policy definition and deployment

Until the investigation is complete there is significant speculation online and at times a few pitchforks seem to be out for Linus/LMG Leadership/LMG Staff/etc. 

The fact that they are getting this independant investigated and have out the company in crisis control/frozen production means they are taking it seriously.  

I will wait for the investigation and the actions taken following it before unsubscribing or making judgements. 

Shoutout to the new forum member joining to make a reasonable, well thought out response. We need more of this and less hate joins / toxic support joins.

Just now, Reclus said:

Are you seriously going to ask me for more concrete evidence after reading a Twitter accusation? 

The words "accusation" and "evidence" have different meanings.   

8 minutes ago, Emperor Anime said:

False allegations are extremely rare when compared to all allegations overall. This is something that has been documented extensively. It falls somewhere in the range between two and ten percent based on most studies.

https://www.brown.edu/campus-life/health/services/promotion/sexual-assault-dating-violence/myths-about-sexual-assault-reports

https://www.nsvrc.org/sites/default/files/Publications_NSVRC_Overview_False-Reporting.pdf

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21164210/

So therefore, taking a bunch of random (and some of them right-wing rag tier sources) youtube videos of situations that show it can't happen doesn't discount all the research that shows overall, it actually rarely happens. 

So yeah, I'm with Maddie. Go back to finding Piers Morgan (lmao) clips.

Jesus H. Christ. Now I am right wing. If innocent until guilty is right wing then I am happy to be right wing. 

2-10% is an actual number.

That is why we have innocent until proven guilty.

Allegations on Twitter are exactly that. Allegations.

I did not say she is laying. I said multiple god damn times here, she should've taken this to the law so that it would be dealt with properly and not by a bunch of hacks on forums that are siding with one person or the other thinking they are smarter than the rest.

1 minute ago, Ferazam said:

You mentioned, "…someone confessing 'mental health issues' should have any of their statements viewed with a grain of salt." By saying this, you're insinuating that individuals with mental health challenges—a vast and varied group—shouldn't be believed at face value. Given that you have loved ones who deal with mental health issues, do you similarly doubt their credibility? While you might trust them because they are close to you, does this mean others who aren't familiar with them should not believe or at least take into account their allegations?

So far, her account has been backed up by both past and present employees. No one has come forward to refute her claims, and the leaked meeting adds further weight to her story. While we can't be sure about every detail, we can ignore what she is saying. Rather than imposing impractical standards of some kind or proof, like expecting her to have pursued legal action or recorded her every interaction at work, consider that her allegations are serious and shouldn't be ignored. Don't be a simp. 

About politics driving her, I am more suspicious that it is driving you to look this way instead of her. You just don't want to sound so blatant it here, but signals are clear in your messages. 

It's an admission to the probability that their perception of reality can be skewed. It would be synonymous with how someone's admission of a relevant 'physical health issue' may warp their perception of how difficult it is to climb stairs relative to baseline. I see that as no different than how a stated 'mental health issues' may change someone's ability to properly understand/react the environment around them relative to baseline, hyperbole and all.

Noting that 'mental health issues' could be as broad as 'whatever someone self describes it to mean' to homicidal paranoid schizophrenia; just as 'physical health issues' could be anywhere from a sore knee to a quadriplegic with ALS and brain cancer. 

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15, CCD1 disabled

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional IT since 2017

4 minutes ago, Reclus said:

I did not say she is laying. I said multiple god damn times here, she should've taken this to the law so that it would be dealt with properly and not by a bunch of hacks on forums that are siding with one person or the other thinking they are smarter than the rest.

Let's assume Madison is telling the truth. She didn't go to the police or whatever. It's been two years. What should she do?

Just now, Emperor Anime said:

It's quite simply that on the balance of probability there is more likely merit to her allegations than the chance it's completely meritless. It doesn't mean every single person at LMG is "guilty" so not sure where you're getting that from. 

A lot of sexual harassment goes unreported and just the act of coming out with allegations at all like that takes a lot of balls. It's enough for me to believe that there's a serious problem at LMG that will hopefully be addressed through this investigation they're doing. 

On that we agree. There clearly is a problem in LMG that needs to be investigated. And yes it takes balls to stand up for yourself. My opinion is that doing it via Twitter is an extremely bad way of dealing with it as it opens you to more harassment and waiting 2 years will only lower the chances of the issue being investigated correctly.

1 minute ago, buttpoop said:

Let's assume Madison is telling the truth. She didn't go to the police or whatever. It's been two years. What should she do?

Take the allegations to Twitter which she already did

1 minute ago, hmfaysal said:

Take the allegations to Twitter which she already did

I agree! I'm asking the guy who seems to think going to twitter is about the worst thing she could have done.

On 8/16/2023 at 3:11 PM, justin one said:

continue to intentionally be obtuse, it will definitely help with the misogyny accusations

You're not offering a counter, just name-calling and insinuating I'm being disingenuous. 

I'm not saying she's lying. I'm just not going to act as if everything she said is true without evidence. If either investigation comes back that she's telling the truth, I expect several jobs to be lost. 

If it can mean anything to anybody at any time, it means nothing.

4 minutes ago, buttpoop said:

Go. To. The. Police. 

Her allegations point out that she has been done wrong, in an unlawful way. The police is the first step. They will give you multiple forms of advice and steps to take.

Also in todays age of "Mee Too" the amount of information online how to get help is beyond overwhelming. And not a single one of them will say to go to Twitter.

1 minute ago, Emperor Anime said:

Yeah maybe as a general rule twitter isn't the right place for it obviously, but doing so when the spotlight is on LMG makes logical sense because far more people are likely to take it seriously when they're already under the microscope. It forces their hand to actually investigate. It's actually a smart move particularly when the claim that these concerns weren't taken as seriously as they should have been internally is also included. 

You have mentioned earlier a balance of probability. What will happen if those accusations are not proven through the investigation as it has been 2 years since this happend?

I'm really sorry if this is inappropriate but I have a question. 

In some of the discussion about the Madison case some people talk about an Emily saying some stuff around what happens and from the profile pic I believe the person is someone I knew on ltt under a different name. 

Is there a news that came out that I wasn't aware of? 

I am not a native English speaker and have no judgments about anything so I try to phrase that sentence as neutral as I could. I'm really sorry if someone finds this inappropriate. 

11 minutes ago, Reclus said:

Jesus H. Christ. Now I am right wing. If innocent until guilty is right wing then I am happy to be right wing. 

2-10% is an actual number.

That is why we have innocent until proven guilty.

Allegations on Twitter are exactly that. Allegations.

am with you their

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

3 minutes ago, f222 said:

I'm really sorry if this is inappropriate but I have a question. 

In some of the discussion about the Madison case some people talk about an Emily saying some stuff around what happens and from the profile pic I believe the person is someone I knew on ltt under a different name. 

Is there a news that came out that I wasn't aware of? 

I am not a native English speaker and have no judgments about anything so I try to phrase that sentence as neutral as I could. I'm really sorry if someone finds this inappropriate. 

This font is amazing.

17 minutes ago, Reclus said:

Go. To. The. Police. 

Her allegations point out that she has been done wrong, in an unlawful way. The police is the first step. They will give you multiple forms of advice and steps to take.

Also in todays age of "Mee Too" the amount of information online how to get help is beyond overwhelming. And not a single one of them will say to go to Twitter.

Except...the bulk of her complaint is nothing to to with MeToo, and is mostly a workplace bullying dispute. That's going to be treated as extremely low priority by the police, if they even deal with it at all. Not to mention that even if they did investigate it, it would then have to get through the prioritisation at the Crown Attorney Office to even have a chance at prosecution. Then, if it makes it through that, you get dragged through it all over again in a public trial maybe in a couple of years' time.

Alternatively, put it on Twitter at the most opportune time, and the company will immediately begin an investigation because they're already under a microscope and can't afford any missteps.

The result in both options is that the actions of the people who did you dirty are put under a microscope, and they'll face consequences...except that the chances are somewhere between 0 and 20% for the first option (best case, given how many filters it has to get through) and a timeline of years, or near 100% in the second with a timeline of days to weeks.

Which option are you going to choose? If the goal is to force an investigation (which was a large part of her complaint - that her original complaints were brushed off and ignored), it's a complete no-brainer. In fact, she's already done that.

As another point...is she still living in Vancouver? If not, that's an additional impediment to reporting it to the authorities.

18 minutes ago, Emperor Anime said:

Yeah, a small number. Which means at least 90 percent of allegations have truth behind them.

2 percent is not a small number 🐵🧠