Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

8 minutes ago, yoc said:

Oh, the war... I see. You are more a "keep that bitch shut" type of person, right?

No no, the more she talks the better. I like conversations to go on. 

Isn't life just a bunch of conversations? Why wouldn't we want conversations to go on? 

You are trying to shut me down, I see that as you are trying to shut down my life. I don't agree

i will go to twitter to rant about it NOW

Just now, TeraSeraph said:

I'm a transwoman lol nice try bud

Right, I forgot that women can't possibly uphold any misogynistic views! That's why there's so many grifters who happen to be women on youtube selling incels redpill fantasies that confirm their beliefs, right? lmao 

1 minute ago, wreakinghavoc said:

I hope more people go public regarding what has and hasn't happened, but I've watched Madison's livestreams before and even though she can be funny and entertaining she gives off a somewhat dramatic and immature vibe. I believe it's possible she was mistreated, after all her presence in the ROG reboot made the video one of the most famous from the company, maybe some people were jealous of her.  Couldn't she have taken the issue to Linus and Yvonne directly? Did they really dismiss all of it like she said? 

Linus held an extraordinary HR meeting that sounds a lot like a damage control meeting 1 day after her departure... So, maybe?

This font is amazing.

10 minutes ago, Cosmic Emotion said:

I will keep saying this until people realize it. It doesn't matter what you think about innocence/blame/the Sun/ God/ potatoe chips/whatever. Public consensus is what truly matter and it's really against Linus. People keep bringing up other examples like Logan Paul, Blizzard etc. These are irrelevant cause, unfortunately for Linus, his fans have brains. You are 100 people here defending him here (or even blaming Madison), another 1000 on Reddit. That's all. You can't beat the rest 15.4 million.

Eh, when were you chosen the leader of those 15.4 mill? Just wanting to know, I would like to run for the position next time

Just now, Sho2048 said:

And here is the guy you're defending:

I don't really need to say more, do I.

Nope, you're already proven that you're a white knight, that you only need to listen and believe and that nothing else matters.

1 minute ago, Chairman Boofy said:

This is a cowardly copout. By asserting that "there's no proof!!!!111", you are intrinsically implying that she's lying unless shown otherwise. At least own your own beliefs lol.

You're really upset about this aren't you? That I don't believe everything I hear? 

I never said she's lying, I said she hasn't presented any proof 

Just now, Sho2048 said:

I'm not defending them. What I said applies in general. No one should resort to targeting others with petty insults regardless as to who it is, especially not on a forum and especially not in a thread as serious as this.

PC Specifications:

CPU: Intel Core i7 13700K

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming Wi-Fi

Memory: 32GB Trident Z5 RGB DDR5 7200 MHz CL34 @ 7600 MHz

GPU: AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX (ASUS TUF Gaming OC Edition)

Storage: 2 TB Western Digital SN850X, 1 TB Western Digital SN850, 2 TB Seagate Momentus SpinPoint M9T

Power Supply: Corsair RM850x (2021)

Case: Fractal Design Torrent (white, non-RGB)

Monitor: TCL 55R617

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow V3 (Quartz)

Mouse: Razer Viper Ultimate Wireless

DAC & Amp: Schiit Modi+ & Schiit Magni+

Headphones: Philips Fidelio X2HR

Just now, Waifu4Life said:

Nope, you're already proven that you're a white knight, that you only need to listen and believe and that nothing else matters.

I don't really need to prove anything. I'm only here to laugh at the chronically online posters because I was bored. I'll log off to play Baldur's Gate III in a little while.

I would like to point out that a lot of scenarios could be plausible enough to "common people" for being thought, refined, detailed and put on wording. Scenarios that could lead on both directions, and some for "mixed degree" of co-responsibility in what could also be a massive misunderstanding (again, a possibility, i don't know how much real/true)

As wrote before, I wasn't there and I don't know what happened, as many other users into this forum.

But wording/expressing a plausible scenario of any kind, even if totally possible, won't make that scenario more realistic just because "it works". AFAIK, in science a lot of theories works on paper/brain, but when tested in repeatable experiments, only the better one stands strong enough until when find "inadequate" for explaning other things (good science knows that the answers of today might be wrong tomorrow... I mean: atom means "cannot be split". And now we know about electrons, protons, neutrons... But the name stands.)

Anyway: for everyone out there that "knows" what happened... I'm sorry, i don't agree. It's fair to have opinion/convinctions, but I won't be sold in any direction until something "meaningful" will appear.

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

8 minutes ago, hmfaysal said:

No, monetary compensations usually have limits in BC, also, she is based in States. Another point, it also depends on the entities financial capability, people can always claim bankruptcy. Also courts usually don't throw sentences at accusers, for social reasons. 

Not just social but legal.  This whole matter is one of civil torts.  

Legally speaking here is what could happen. 

Madison retains counsel who sues for sexual harassment, and petitions a court for what is called discovery.  This would compel LMG to hand over to her lawyers every document that could be related to the matter. 

LMG does their own investigation and could theoretically try to counter sue for defamation.   Defamation is really hard to prove against a public entity.  Even outside the USA, in most common law jurisdictions a public entity is expected to just accept a bit of dirt on their name from time to time. 

Anyway when it comes to BC where this all went down, where LMG is located, and the law that would apply. 
Screenshot_20230817_161737.thumb.png.511cfe153a8d6f952a428c1e49f92dff.pngScreenshot_20230817_161913.thumb.png.82cc7551f3e441374b7f9488abde36a2.png

MULTIPLE of the things on that sheet happened to her. 

In fact if LMG winds up not having to make Madison RICH after this it'll be on the technicality that she well.  I hate to say it... She did need to put on her big girl pants.  She needed to put them on,  retain counsel, find out what her rights are, and sue them as soon as things happened.   She may have waited to long because she was thinking about this in an immature way.  She was afraid of what other immature people would think of her and say about her.  She needed to be enough of an iron lady to take charge that way.  

It's not her fault.  NOne of this makes anything right.  Six months is barely time for someone young to really process and recover from something that could be a trauma let alone... put on their big girl pants. 

The great state of Illinois in the USA will give someone 300 days

The Republic of Texas in the USA 300 days. 

California  THREE YEARS 

Madisons only mistake in all of this, IMHO being the person with less power, was thinking that the laws and protections that would exist in Canada would be anythging like those that exist in the USA. 

We haven't annexed them yet. 

Someday we will, or fall in the attempt.  Until then Canada is this strange monarchy next door with a doofy looking king that cheated on his beautiful wife.    Looking at it that way is any of this really a surprise? 

Just now, evelynharthbrooke said:

I'm not defending them. What I said applies in general. No one should resort to targeting others with petty insults regardless as to who it is, especially not on a forum and especially not in a thread as serious as this.

You realize no one owes civility to people that are coming across extremely gross, right?

1 minute ago, hmfaysal said:

No no, the more she talks the better. I like conversations to go on. 

Isn't life just a bunch of conversations? Why wouldn't we want conversations to go on? 

You are trying to shut me down, I see that as you are trying to shut down my life. I don't agree

i will go to twitter to rant about it NOW

Calm down, mate.
We both agree that she did the right thing by coming out with her testimony, then.
We probably both agree that Colin also did the right thing by backing up her claims.

This font is amazing.

2 minutes ago, Chairman Boofy said:

This is a cowardly copout. By asserting that "there's no proof!!!!111", you are intrinsically implying that she's lying unless shown otherwise. At least own your own beliefs lol.

A cornerstone of the western system of justice is that all accused are innocent until proven guilty.

This is not a court of law.

She is sharing her perspective and experiences.  That is, by definition, subjective.  It is possible that how she perceived events isn't how other people perceived them... that is why independent agencies exist to report things to.

Do I think she is lying? I don't know, I doubt it, but I haven't heard the other side of this yet.  You can call that a cop out if you like, but stating that asking for some kind of proof for very, very serious accusations is somehow calling the person a liar isn't a fair criticism.

Just now, TeraSeraph said:

Good thing I don't give a fuck about misguided public opinion, beyond people turning it into a rage fueled Witch hunt.

I just want proper channels to be followed and some sort of relevant evidence presented that isn't subjectively based. 

I entirely respect your opinion. In some matters, like the one at hand, not everything is black and white and can be set straight in a court of law. Certain matters cannot simply be dismissed and sent to oblivion just because they are not fit to stand trial and there is not enough material evidence to support the claims, even if truthful. You might not care about public opinion, but in many cases, it's proven to be worse for some, than a verdict in a court of law. And I think we both know, in this case, who gets the shorter end of the stick, if they can't undoubtedly disprove the claims, in the shortest time possible. Of course, if the allegations are false, which I reiterate, I very much doubt. But that's just my opinion. 

5 minutes ago, Chairman Boofy said:

Are you claiming that "I don't know what happened" is not a valid position?    Or that it is inherently misogynistic?

Because that is ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, yoc said:

Linus held an extraordinary HR meeting that sounds a lot like a damage control meeting 1 day after her departure... So, maybe?

didn't sound like that to me, only thing bad about it was James' attempt at a joke. 

Just now, Mutex01 said:

Are you claiming that "I don't know what happened" is not a valid position?    Or that it is inherently misogynistic?

Because that is ridiculous.

Nobody knows what happened for certain. You're being straight up disingenuous if you think that's what as being said or I'm taking issue with, though. There's people in here straight up dismissing or implying she's lying, which is the problem.

2 minutes ago, Chairman Boofy said:

You realize no one owes civility to people that are coming across extremely gross, right?

You can point out gross behaviour without resorting to unnecessary insults. That's all I'm saying. 

PC Specifications:

CPU: Intel Core i7 13700K

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming Wi-Fi

Memory: 32GB Trident Z5 RGB DDR5 7200 MHz CL34 @ 7600 MHz

GPU: AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX (ASUS TUF Gaming OC Edition)

Storage: 2 TB Western Digital SN850X, 1 TB Western Digital SN850, 2 TB Seagate Momentus SpinPoint M9T

Power Supply: Corsair RM850x (2021)

Case: Fractal Design Torrent (white, non-RGB)

Monitor: TCL 55R617

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow V3 (Quartz)

Mouse: Razer Viper Ultimate Wireless

DAC & Amp: Schiit Modi+ & Schiit Magni+

Headphones: Philips Fidelio X2HR

6 minutes ago, Sho2048 said:

To be fair you were first with the petty insults

5 minutes ago, Sho2048 said:

I don't really need to prove anything. I'm only here to laugh at the chronically online posters because I was bored. I'll log off to play Baldur's Gate III in a little while.

Gaming, best post I've seen so far, think I'll go back to FFII PR and defeat an actual bad guy.

2 minutes ago, wreakinghavoc said:

didn't sound like that to me, only thing bad about it was James' attempt at a joke. 

My take as well tbh.  I have sat through many of those types of meetings.  It is obvious Linus was reading from a script.

I mentioned this earlier, but assuming the timeline is correct (this is from the day after she left), my bet (pure speculation) would be she had an exit interview with the 3rd party HR company, and told them about some of her complaints.  They sent a script, and a mandatory training on how to report these types of things to LMG to be done immediately, in order to limit future liability.

2 minutes ago, RatKnight said:

A cornerstone of the western system of justice is that all accused are innocent until proven guilty.

This is not a court of law.

She is sharing her perspective and experiences.  That is, by definition, subjective.  It is possible that how she perceived events isn't how other people perceived them... that is why independent agencies exist to report things to.

Do I think she is lying? I don't know, I doubt it, but I haven't heard the other side of this yet.  You can call that a cop out if you like, but stating that asking for some kind of proof for very, very serious accusations is somehow calling the person a liar isn't a fair criticism.

I don't give a single solitary shit about the standards of a "court of law" when it comes to allegations of sexual harassment. Sexual harassment/assault are extremely difficult to prove by those standards, so I am inclined to, you know, actually believe women especially when there's been countless recent examples of serious allegations that were brought up in a similar way that later turned out to be true.

11 minutes ago, Chairman Boofy said:

Even more hilariously, the gross people can keep being gross pretending to be free speech believers, while your free speech is apparently "bad" when used to point out they're taking a dump in a text field.

This is the kind of guy any community should get rid of. And it's my sincere wish that LMG steers back their community and employees in the right direction, as they always, at least, pretended to, because that's the best for the livelihoods of their employees. Or else I hope they can get better employers. The chronically online degenerate fans don't deserve it, but they do.

7 minutes ago, aminit said:

To be fair you were first with the petty insults

Did I? 

All I said is that people on forums sometimes need to go out and face reality. If someone feels hurt that I consider their position misogynistic or cringy, I recommend they evaluate their own feelings about it. And think why they are on the defensive.

Just now, Chairman Boofy said:

Nobody knows what happened for certain. You're being straight up disingenuous if you think that's what as being said or I'm taking issue with, though. There's people in here straight up dismissing or implying she's lying, which is the problem.

Apologies, I misunderstood your comment.  The thread is moving fast again and I'm not catching everything.

Yes, accusing her of lying or dismissing her claims outright is incredibly stupid and downright harmful at this point.  

1 minute ago, Chairman Boofy said:

I don't give a single solitary shit about the standards of a "court of law" when it comes to allegations of sexual harassment. Sexual harassment/assault are extremely difficult to prove by those standards, so I am inclined to, you know, actually believe women especially when there's been countless recent examples of serious allegations that were brought up in a similar way that later turned out to be true.

I think that people making this allegations should be listened to, respected, and supported.  I do not think they should be believed without, at the very least, giving the accused the chance to respond.

There have also been serious allegations that were brought up in a similar way that later turned out to be false... this is not an argument that really gets anywhere because either side can find an example or 10 or 20 of their point, which is why I stick to arguing about this, individual situation.

I respect Madison for putting her experiences out there, and I hope that anyone else at the company either now, or prior that had similar experiences comes out to support her.  One of the things that tends to make these accounts more believable is mass... more and more people finding the courage to speak up.

If all we get are vague posts from people about things they heard, or how they are trying to make change, it is fairly certain that nothing will come of this besides ruined reputations, and some corpo nonsense from LMG, before it will be forgotten in the stream of drama that never ends on social media.

Time will tell one way, or the other.  I just wish that people wouldn't harass anyone involved in any of this, but I understand that isn't the world we live in.