Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

6 minutes ago, Neroon said:

It's really simple, either she goes to the police or lawyers up, or she shut ups because it's either BS or completely out of context. 

It is really simple. Don't try to silence people. If it has merit it will be dealt with as such, if it doesn't it won't be. Police and lawyers have **** all to do with this.

8 minutes ago, William Isted said:

Six Nines. 99.9999.

I personally don't think Luke would drop a 69 joke in this based on how he acts on WAN Show when trying to prevent further disaster with Linus. Could be wrong.

Okay. Why would you follow 69 with a grin and a snap of your fingers. Stop being obtuse. 

5 minutes ago, jitteryzeitgeist said:

And, as normal humans do, when I talk about my cloud services uptime, I usually do a cocked grin and snap my fingers

Hm. Fair enough

5 minutes ago, MiltownClowns said:

You sweet summer child. I would pity you if you weren't taking the side of the abuser.

They didnt even work at LMG at the time, and this was written and recorded not with the context of the Madison accusations.

Take the side of abuser my ass. That appolgy video literally has nothing to do with this new story. its in response the GN drama. 

Yes believe Madison, But even she did not have issues with everyone there and appreciated some others. 

Im getting whiplash here. 

1 minute ago, starsmine said:

You can both be sorry about the wrong you did and not be ok with all the people sending you, your co workers, and family very personal and vile attacks. 

You are correct, and I feel that those should be in two separate statements, possibly even different press releases/videos. Address your apology first, wait a bit, then defend your people so as not to detract from the weight of the apology itself.

F@H    EOC

Just now, Taf the Ghost said:

There's also government (non-police) organizations in BC to handle employee issues. She clearly knows they exist, per her response to the LMG response to her Glassdoor post.

She clearly has an axe to grind about the contract and restrictions on her streaming career (which is fully understandable), but how you redress your grievances matters. She claims to be in a better mental space, but she also has not taken any proactive actions that are completely available to her.  This wasn't the way and it's why you should never late night Twitter Thread things.

Nothing in her post said that she didn't go to anyone of those services. I don't know why you guys act like as soon as you go to some gov employee service there gonna immediately take action and launch a full scale investigation!!! In the US/CA police barely follow up on any rape or sexual assault allegations if your a woman.

45 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Textbook victim-blaming.

"Sticks and stones." "I'm rubber and you're glue."

This shit advice doesn't work with kids on the playground, and it sure as hell doesn't work when you have thousands of lunatics sending you threats on social media, but someone who has never gone through that and never will will always trot it out so they can belittle someone who is. 

Just because you choose to be a victim doesn’t mean everyone else has to be one stick up for your self just because this new generation of adults are afraid of conflict and they bottle their problems till they snap on social media doesn’t mean everyone has to. And it isn’t victim blaming it’s called telling people to learn to stick up for themself when issues arise so you don’t have to play victim 2 years later. 

14 minutes ago, zoopers said:

People asking why she waited until now and didn't go to the authorities. Look at the response she's getting. Look at how rabid Linus fans are tearing into her here and on Reddit. You really expected her to come forward before now and risk getting ripped apart by the cult of personality surrounding Linus? She's taking this opportunity to tell her story because there's already controversy around Linus and it might soften the blow she's going to get in response.

I mean, you don't have to believe her outright, but you don't have to rip her apart just because she's intruding on your parasocial relationship with Linus either. We've seen in the last few days how unethical and dishonest Linus has been, so I'm willing to at least give her the benefit of the doubt. Especially considering we even have it on record that many of the LTT employees have complained about being overworked, etc. 

People ripping her apart just to do so, I agree with you need to get it sorted. That I don't back.

However at the same time there are logical people saying that she should come prepared with full proof, whether it's recording/email copies/witnesses/whatever so that she has a leg to stand on. As of now this is not helping her case because she doesn't have any truly viable evidence to back up her claim aside "He called me this, or she said that". And, on top of that, it's coming when LMG is in deep waters for something entirely unrelated too which can swing public opinion her way more so than it would've otherwise.

1 hour ago, Caphenning said:

Getting lawyers and police involved is neither cheap nor effective. We all live in societies where we write laws to make it sound like something is being done about our psychopathic behaviors, then ignore those laws because in the end, we all choose to live as psychopaths.

https://youtu.be/Nd0jFEfF44M

did you just link your own video?

50 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Textbook victim-blaming.

"Sticks and stones." "I'm rubber and you're glue."

This shit advice doesn't work with kids on the playground, and it sure as hell doesn't work when you have thousands of lunatics sending you threats on social media, but someone who has never gone through that and never will will always trot it out so they can belittle someone who is. 

Just because you choose to be a victim doesn’t mean everyone else has to be one stick up for your self just because this new generation of adults are afraid of conflict and they bottle their problems till they snap on social media doesn’t mean everyone has to. And it isn’t victim blaming it’s called telling people to learn to stick up for themself when issues arise so you don’t have to play victim 2 years later. 

10 minutes ago, jitteryzeitgeist said:

When you grin and snap your fingers at the camera, it sure looks like its wearing the skin of a sex joke

Missed that. Yeah, that's cringy. Think you're right.

5 minutes ago, jitteryzeitgeist said:

And, as normal humans do, when I talk about my cloud services uptime, I usually do a cocked grin and snap my fingers

Take a close look in the mirror. I think you will see yourself dressed as a mob with pitchforks that is now able to pass guilt on grins and snapping fingers...

Careful with that pitchfork. You might pinch yourself.

4 hours ago, DarithINAbby said:

You have to be joking right? It's the only thing I could think of for you saying you think 3 tweet, 2 Instagram posts, and 2 TikToks a day is too much work, 3 tweets is like 200-500 words instagram is hitting a shutter button twice and ya the Tiktok might be a bit more involved but you'd still have 6 hours in the day to finish it.

also don't forget she AGREED to those terms, she didn't have to take the job, you don't get to say Yes to "We need X amount from you each day, if you can do that the job is yours...." to then say   "Man my work asks so much from me its mentally taxing"

I disagree. Sure tweets themselves are not complicated but coming up with a joke/meme every day is. If you force someone to be funny then they aren‘t funny. Instagram also needs someone to be there constantly to take pictures etc. The picture taking itself doesn‘t take a lot of time but the prep work does. 

Even if she did agree she was still circumstancially forced into it anyway, especially due to linus‘ announcement. Tiktok also sounds easy but it is not. I have done a lot of the stuff she has talked about semi-professionally and it‘s taxing. Talking to all the different people, managing and co-ordinating is hard.

4 minutes ago, William Isted said:

Six Nines. 99.9999.

I personally don't think Luke would drop a 69 joke in this based on how he acts on WAN Show when trying to prevent further disaster with Linus. Could be wrong.

Honestly that's my read on it too. I think it's fairly likely the "six nines" thing as a standard is said with a bit of a wink in general, as in the term is popularised in part because it's a silly innuendo. But I didn't get the impression Luke was really doing anything more than winking at the silly tech standard with its silly name. Poor timing regardless, but I don't think he was making a sex joke so much as referencing a stupid standard whose name caught on in part because it's the "nice" number.

Not saying it wasn't a little tone-deaf still, just that I don't read any particular ill intent from it either.

1 minute ago, William Isted said:

Missed that. Yeah, that's cringy. Think you're right.

literally mob. grab your pitchforks. Make sure to judge everyone on the basis of their snaps.

13 minutes ago, Neroon said:

It's not. She tried to raise a stink after the she left, she tried to raise a stink about a half year later to complain about LMG on glassdoor, and now she is dumping a ton of complaints without any context.

It's really simple, either she goes to the police or lawyers up, or she shut ups because it's either BS or completely out of context. 

image.png.185eb0d62fed7b0a60764db210006bbc.png

ok this make smore sense now.

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Edge WIFI | RAM: G.SKILL RIPJAWS 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4-3200MHz CL16 | GPU: XFX 6700XT 12GB | Case: Deepcool Matrexx 70 | Storage: XPG Gammix Gen3x4 M.2 (NVMe) 256GB - ADATA SU 740 SSD 500GB - T-FORCE Vulcan 2.5" SSD 500GB - Mushkin Enhanced Source 2.5" 500GB SSD - Gigabyte Aorus 2TB NVMe Gen 4  | PSU: Enermax Triathlor Semi-Modular ECO 800w 80 PLUS Bronze | Display: MSI Optix MAG27OVC 144Hz | Cooling: Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B | OS: Windows 11 Home | Steam Deck 

PC Peripherals: 

Mouse: G502 Hero & Razer Basilisk HyperSpeed Wireless | Keyboard: Ducky One Mini 65% | Mousepad: Techsource Topo Black | DAC: Schitt Fulla 2 & SYBA USB DAC | Headset: Alienware AW510H & Astro A40 TR | Speakers: Logitech Z323 

Just now, Mertrodome said:

Honestly that's my read on it too. I think it's fairly likely the "six nines" thing as a standard is said with a bit of a wink in general, as in the term is popularised in part because it's a silly innuendo. But I didn't get the impression Luke was really doing anything more than winking at the silly tech standard with its silly name. Poor timing regardless, but I don't think he was making a sex joke so much as referencing a stupid standard whose name caught on in part because it's the "nice" number.

Not saying it wasn't a little tone-deaf still, just that I don't read any particular ill intent from it either.

The problem is that its stupid to do in an apology. Shouldn't have been done.

1 minute ago, Master Link said:

Wow.

Yeah just because someone does you wrong doesn’t mean you have to lay there and take it like a victim take action and stick up for your self

1 minute ago, Reclus said:

literally mob. grab your pitchforks. Make sure to judge everyone on the basis of their snaps.

First, they came for the people who made sexual jokes during serious moments and I said nothing

5 minutes ago, KOAO said:

People ripping her apart just to do so, I agree with you need to get it sorted. That I don't back.

However at the same time there are logical people saying that she should come prepared with full proof, whether it's recording/email copies/witnesses/whatever so that she has a leg to stand on. As of now this is not helping her case because she doesn't have any truly viable evidence to back up her claim aside "He called me this, or she said that". And, on top of that, it's coming when LMG is in deep waters for something entirely unrelated too which can swing public opinion her way more so than it would've otherwise.

Do you genuinely believe that she would make these claims and make herself a target for a libel suit, for what? A bit of fame? 

I mean, you're free to believe that. It's a free country (world), but I find that a lot more far-fetched than the idea that abuse has been going on at a company known for overworking its employees, owned by a guy who just proved to the world that he's dishonest and unethical. It could turn out that she's just lying, but I would be very surprised if that was the case.

Each to their own, I guess.

Agreed. It seems some wouldn't even be content after roasting marshmallows over the remaining cinders of a decimated LMG. The Internet rarely brings out the best in people.

19 minutes ago, Neroon said:

It's not. She tried to raise a stink after the she left, she tried to raise a stink about a half year later to complain about LMG on glassdoor, and now she is dumping a ton of complaints without any context.

image.png.185eb0d62fed7b0a60764db210006bbc.png

This is a silly and shortsighted, even semi dangerous way to think. There are many reasons why someone wouldn't run to the police. Off the top of my head: They wouldn't do anything. Unknown if it was an actual CRIME, or just an HR level workplace violation or a more severe one? Unfamiliar with the laws of Canada as a US citizen her whole life previously. Fear of losing her job/paying her rent/moving back to the US without the money to do so/losing her future in the industry. She could have feared Linus or his team blacklisting her on the tech youtube space, she could have feared (as she stated) backlash from the community and LTT fanboys (gross).

Additionally, HOW DO YOU KNOW SHE DIDN'T GO TO THE POLICE?!?!? And they told her to file a complaint or talk to HR or move back to the US where she came from. You don't know what happened, but your attitude is pretty disgusting and your post suggests that she's just a lying fake victim with an axe to grind. And maybe she does have an axe to grind, but that doesn't mean that all/most/some of what she said is true. In fact, there's SO MUCH OF IT that some of it nearly has to be true. Furthermore, get Linus's dong out of your mouth, you look ridiculous. Big OOF. 

8 minutes ago, Sasha2D said:

Okay. Why would you follow 69 with a grin and a snap of your fingers. Stop being obtuse. 

Yeah it was clearly expressed as a sexual joke, and given that the video felt very scripted I wouldn't be surprised if the joke was in the script because LMG likes to put innuendo jokes in a lot of their videos, I guess they felt it was "on brand" to do that though its inappropriate for a serious video.

But seeing Luke make that joke was kinda weird, because he usually doesn't make immature jokes on the WAN snow, then again whoever was in charge of the video put an LTT store ad in the video and monetized the video, they even joked about monetizing the video saying the apology video was a free one.

39 minutes ago, jitteryzeitgeist said:

"WE'RE AIMING FOR SIX NINES." *awful Luke smile*

Oh wow. I'm so used to dealing with uptime that the joke went completely over my head and I though they were aiming for a ridiculously high level of uptime for floatplane.

6 minutes ago, KOAO said:

Not everyone is logical, not everyone thinks to do the same things you or I would do, when we would do it. Harassment issues are by their very nature messy. It is EXTREMELY common that the victim of harassment not feel comfortable of safe coming out about it.