Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

11 minutes ago, Ferazam said:

Spam Pro GN views? Care to expand on what you define as pro GN VIEWS?

Do you believe reviews should be accurate? That's a pro-GN view.

Do you think theft is bad? Classic pro-GN view.

Are you against workplace bullying and sexual harassment? Oh, you better believe that's a paddlin' a pro-GN view! 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Just now, DakotaCx said:

I'm not familiar with the background of her hire, other than what she posted. I'm also not familiar with the timeline of this popularity wave, suicide, and hiring and how they intersect if they are related at all. 

I believe context matters. The context is what led to the end result after all, so I think the analysis of that is fair. 

But we'll disagree on that point, that's alright. I don't feel am versed enough to speak on it any further anyhow without more background knowledge. 

I think for the broader discussion of LTT the context matters.

I don't think when it comes to the personal consequences Madison could have faced it matters at all.  She'd be the one getting doxxed and harrassed, and it wouldn't matter if they were real LTT fans or not.

1 minute ago, IronArm said:

You have no idea how the process works clearly. The amount of tone-deaf or just ignorant statements on this thread just increases every second. 

Lets try to see this one out though. What would you like to happen?

Call me old fashioned I like to review the evidence and then come to a conclusion.

2 minutes ago, castlev said:

Tired of the alphabet army disrupting every area of interest possible. Literally any topic in the world that summons a community of interest together, turns into a political discussion about the toxicity of tech bros and gender. This goes all the way back to gamer gate, they just look for communities to break apart with drama.

<B> If someone sexually assaulted her, it should be reported to the police, yes. </B>

Claiming that someone said "calm your tits" and framing it as if it was said it during a serious discussion is disingenuous. She is on LTT videos making inappropriate comments, we've all seen it, but now that she has a gripe about her workload, suddenly it's a toxic environment?

No, I saw the videos, I see her past tweet, she is JUST AS COMPLICIT in the creation of this environment that she claims to be a victim of. On camera laughing telling Linus "stick it in the box" and he has to pump her brakes.

Because making sexual jokes immediately bars you from being a victim of sexual harassment. You're an absolute clown.

6 minutes ago, Kravatie1 said:

oof

Okay, yea; this pretty much is at a level that an official statement I think by LMG is needed and a full transparent review maybe by a third party of what happened

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

1 minute ago, William Isted said:
  1. Sign-in to DoNotPay and find the Sue Now service
  2. Enter the dollar amount you are owed

This is literally a boilerplate service to sue for money. Not for civil accountability.

That's nice. You ignored the wall of text to jump to this part. I am done. 

Keep telling women that reporting a sexual crime of whatever nature is best serve via Twitter if it makes you feel better. Keep telling people that seeking validation on the internet will somehow solve the problems they are facing at work with abusers. You have the right to speak.

Keep telling women that it is pointless to seek police and legal help. Keep telling everyone that claims on Twitter are to be believed because of their nature. 

Don't worry I will be there to defend you to say innocent until proven guilty when you are on the wrong side of twitter.

1 minute ago, JoNBoY said:

Call me old fashioned I like to review the evidence and then come to a conclusion.

Do you often do your own research?

8 minutes ago, Kravatie1 said:

oof

It took me a second to work out what I was seeing there, and... fucking ouch.

2 minutes ago, justin one said:

you're right im sorry, harassing her in private is fine then

Disingenuous take, that is exactly the problem.

21 minutes ago, William Isted said:

"and you think her working for LMG she didn't have a powerful enough computer?" That is one of the accusations. The other is getting into trouble for getting ram by going around usual channels after it not being resolved.

If true, pretty ridiculous that she got in trouble for this given what we've seen about LTT's inventory control practices. How many Extreme Tech Upgrade vids featured employees using stuff from work at home and it was treated as a joke? I'm pretty sure I put it in an "XTU drinking game" thread it was so common. But if you scrounge up a needed part for your PC at work that's a problem? 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

6 minutes ago, Abereau said:

I get it, I came for the same reason. I just find it odd to claim you're leaving a community you've just joined as if it matters. If you look up his user profil you can see it.

Real.

If someone saying "I'm leaving the community!!!!" were a longtime viewer but only made a forum account for this they weren't ever really part of the/a "community".
Community requires interaction and organization that you wouldn't get out of just being a viewer and maybe commenting sometimes.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

8 minutes ago, Kravatie1 said:

oof

Seems like if you don't have a Twitter account you can't see this, would it be possible for you to screenshot which tweets he liked? 

11 hours ago, Godiwa said:

You did notice the timeframe I put for the floatplane fluff? right? 2½ days?

I can understand why it might be a struggle for her to be funny... she seems unstable and lazy... and the 2 min was to point out that posting a few lines and a vid snippet is nothing... and people that are hired to think up "funnies" can drop them on the spot... else they are just not good at their job...

take a comedian on stage... something happens *fingersnap inside his head* and he runs with that... not like he needs a weeks prepation time to make fun of some drunken fools comment from the audience... and he don't need to use sickdays for it either

The forum really needs a dislike button.

Personal Rig:

[UPGRADE]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X    Mb: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X    RAM: 2x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Pro    GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 3070    Case: Corsair 400D    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: Antec 850W 80+ Gold    Display(s): GAOO, 现代e窗, Samsung 4K TV

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / Garuda

[OLD]

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 @ 3.2 GHz    Mb: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3    RAM: 2x4GB DDR4 GSKILL RIPJAWS 4    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960    Case: Aerocool PSG V2X Advance    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronce    Display(s): Samsung LS19B150

Cooling: Aerocool Shark White    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / OpenSUSE

2 minutes ago, Clasmir said:

I did a bit of online research (just 5 minutes) and it seems (Take that with a grain of salt) that even in CA, if you win the case, you usually don't have to pay court or lawyer fees. But there is a big caveat there as that isn't always the case.

Regardless, if she has a real case, then she should pursue it. That is the best way.

Shying away because of money concerns should NOT be the first and only step taken.

It is hard for people with financial security or that haven't been traumatized to make those suggestions though.

People with traumatic experiences have trouble approaching the situation - because its a traumatic experience. She has been relatively silent about all of this, since her initial leaving LMG, till recently because she was getting bombarded by people about her issues with her work environment. We all know, even Linus had to make statements about his fans/community needing to leave the kid alone about the play button. If she chooses to not keep going through the massive stress of having to deal with the idiots among the LTT fans, on top of having the stress of trying to take legal action against a company (previously) valued at $100 million - that should be her choice about what is right for her. 

Even if she were to win, we all know that it wouldn't stop a significant part of the hate messages she would get. So, from her perspective, why drag this out with a lawsuit that could possible takes years and when each new detail dropped she would get bombarded by hate messages and death threats. 

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

Seems like if you don't have a Twitter account you can't see this, would it be possible for you to screenshot which tweets he liked? 

All of Maddisons accusation Tweets.

2 minutes ago, Sartre said:

Because making sexual jokes immediately bars you from being a victim of sexual harassment. You're an absolute clown.

I didn't see what she said to Linus as a joke. I saw it as harassment and he let it slide after a warning. He's married, has kids, and she's laughing and telling him to "stick it in the box." I guess it's ok because he's a tech bro, so he can't be a victim.

4 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Do you believe reviews should be accurate? That's a pro-GN view.

Do you think theft is bad? Classic pro-GN take.

Are you against workplace bullying and sexual harassment? Oh, you better believe that's a paddlin' a pro-GN view! 

The fact there is at least one person essentially arguing what you've summarized in complete sincerity hurts

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

1 minute ago, Jerakl said:

Real.

If someone saying "I'm leaving the community!!!!" were a longtime viewer but only made a forum account for this they weren't ever really part of the/a "community".
Community requires interaction and organization that you wouldn't get out of just being a viewer and maybe commenting sometimes.

The LTT forums represent a tiny fraction of the LTT fanbase/viewbase.

Just because someone didn't use the forum doesn't mean that they weren't a long-time member of the LTT "community" in the sense of being a fan, viewer, buyer of merch, etc. 

Using the forum to register their disapproval and departure from that broader community is valid, especially as there is no other real place to do it. 

15 minutes ago, ra_m_m said:

I came here to say that David Gauthier of LMG (@thechosendavid) has liked Madison's tweets, which to me possibly indicates at least a partial confirmation of her allegations.

which tweet if you happen to remember?

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

2023-08-16 15_00_39-Window.png

2 minutes ago, gunnarre said:

The fact that someone else made false allegations against someone else in the past doesn't invalidate a completely different person's claims. At the very least it sounds like this has to be addressed somehow, if not publicly then at least in a way that both sides can find acceptable.

I agree if there is anything to act on a lot of people here have voted guilty with no evidence what so ever. like I said I'm old fashioned I like to see the evidence before I post complete drivel.

The thing that gets me is this. Steve, when he put up his original video, actually seemed genuinely fearful of the backlash he was going to get from LTT fans. Read the video description, where he's basically pleading with the user base to listen to what he's saying and not attack him for it.

Madison has that to deal with, plus the significant overlap between tech nerds and (frankly) incels who won't even countenance believing a woman saying she was harassed or abused unless she somehow presents a signed notarised affidavit from twelve separate individuals attesting that this happened exactly as she said it did, and sees any instance of her not acting like a Victorian prude to be evidence that actually she was asking for it.

It's really fucking hard coming out with this stuff, either to the public or to law enforcement. It's especially hard coming out with this stuff when you're up against a rabid fan-base and the fact that you are, ultimately, putting your name on the line about this, in a fairly close-knit industry. The whole idea that it's easy to fabricate this stuff for, I don't know, attention? Completely at odds with the fact that it's incredibly difficult, involves raking over old trauma and even today, when such accusations are taken a lot more seriously than they used to be, often comes with serious social and professional repercussions.

1 minute ago, Jerakl said:

The fact there is at least one person essentially arguing what you've summarized in complete sincerity hurts

Trying to turn things into a "Team GN" vs "Team LTT" pissing match was ridiculous after the GN vid, but trying to maintain this framing as if Madison's allegations have anything to do with the GN vids really exposes how intellectually and morally bankrupt it is.