Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

21 minutes ago, kurangak said:

from what i see, shes probably being treated as 'one of the bros' and she obviously dont like it.

Bad take. Do you ask your bros casually how they like to fuck and if they can twerk for you?

Just now, RWxAshley said:

Because people want to see change at LMG. It worked for GN getting Linus to react and then make a video publicly address it so now he will be held accountable for video quality issues publicly.

Why shouldn't it work for her too in getting LMG to publicly hold themselves accountable to ensuring workplace harassment doesn't happen?

Well, I think that's a good question. The answer from my perspective would be GN using actual evidence to make their claims. What they provided can be verified, they have third-party statements, and they do more than just make an accusation or allegation without backing it up. That's why it hit as hard as it did. 

Just now, post_screen said:

Bad take. Do you ask your bros casually how they like to fuck and if they can twerk for you?

I believe they are commenting on the "calm your tits" statement.  Either way, it was in bad taste.

1 minute ago, DaytonaDragon said:

I doubt the authorities will have much luck investigating. It's been 2 years (as far as I understand). That's why actual victims should try and report this as soon as possible. 

I agree. I doubt there will be any sort of criminal case, but I do hope that if what she is saying is true, real change will be implemented at the company while they reinvent their work processes in the next week.

Don't forget to mark posts as the solution if you're satisfied!

1 minute ago, cmndr said:

1. Randos on the internet went crazy over her. I totally believe that. That wasn't fair to her, but it's also partially her own fault. 
2. There was probably a reason why the quality of her work was critiqued and why she was asked to stop being a drama queen. 

She definitely gave me vibes to someone I knew and that person got through work by politicking and complaining more than by doing work. 

"All of this nastiness could have been avoided if LTT just hadn't hired her. She shouldn't have been so likable to LTT's fanbase. So really this is all her fault. Also she reminds me of someone I know who I don't like, so I don't care about any of the very serious claims she's making."

Good contribution. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

2 minutes ago, cmndr said:

1. Randos on the internet went crazy over her. I totally believe that. That wasn't fair to her, but it's also partially her own fault. 
2. There was probably a reason why the quality of her work was critiqued and why she was asked to stop being a drama queen. 

She definitely gave me vibes to someone I knew and that person got through work by politicking and complaining more than by doing work. 

how is it her fault people on the internet went crazy for her????? Makes no sense.
I like how most of your comment is pure chance and believe. Her "probably" working like shit has the same chance as her "probably" working very hard. Someone "probably" toucher her inappropriately. Absolutely no arguement there.
Same with your last point. She gave me "vibes" of a person who doesn't work..... ok, tech nerds give me the "vibes" of people who treat and touch women inappropriately. 

Just now, codemak said:

I never discredited her claims.  She very well could have had exactly the things happen to her in the exact order in which she has presented them.

girl read.

i am honestly horrified by some of the responses to this. in her thread she details a culture of constant pressure and sexual harrasement. its crazy how apathetic some of you react to reading things like: "I was asked to twerk for a co-worker at one point. I was told I was chunky, fat, ugly, stupid. I was called "retarded" I was called a "faggot"". This is on no way acceptable. "why is she coming forward with it now" maybe because now the community will finally listen. "theres no evidence" so you expect young women in the workplace to walk around with a gopro on a selfie stick 24/7? "this is mostly complaints about the amount of work" yes exactly, the amount of work that they dedicated an entire team to now. you all need to better educate yourselfs, because its clear none of you have any idea how much things like groping, inappropiate comments and no one to back up, eat away at your mind. shame on all of you who treat this like some kind of "clout chasing". this is someone who finally found the confidence to share their story

3 minutes ago, DakotaCx said:

Well, I think that's a good question. The answer from my perspective would be GN using actual evidence to make their claims. What they provided can be verified, they have third-party statements, and they do more than just make an accusation or allegation without backing it up. That's why it hit as hard as it did. 

Her statements are proof enough to me. What evidence do you expect her to be holding onto about in person conflicts at the office? There is nothing for her to gain out of burning a bridge with LTT by calling then out just like Steve from GN had nothing to gain from burning their bridge with LTT to call them out.

I cannot know if Madison's allegations are true or not, and, frankly, it doesn't matter. What matters is how LMG reacts to them in the long term. Whether true or not, allegations like that don't come from no-where; if they are dropped, something is wrong. If LMG manages to take the time off to come up with a plan to implement an atmosphere where employees can feel free to speak openly about their (felt or real) problems and sort them out without anyone involved feeling overlooked or  accused, there is hope to turn the wheel and make the company a better one.

If they insread come up with some lame excuse or downplay it, they can close the damn place down and go to hell.

4 minutes ago, DaytonaDragon said:

I doubt the authorities will have much luck investigating. It's been 2 years (as far as I understand). That's why actual victims should try and report this as soon as possible. 

Her best option, if true, would be a civil case. I'm not Canadian, but I know they seem to have far more reasonable laws than we do in the US.

But even here, a former President was found liable for sexual harassment 4 months ago with a $5 million USD payout. 

My speculative thoughts:

Madison was not a good "fit" with LTT , and the company could have handled this better. 

Stress level increases, which created some internal conflicts. LTT misjudged the amount of stress she was under and/or failed to provide proper resources to help her make the transition, given her age group.

Perhaps she was not yet ready for a full-time role but in order to be allowed to change country she had to do 40hrs a week? Wouldn't surprise me if it was something dumb like that.

When being unable to cope with job various requirements, suddenly it became an adversarial relationship, in which case rude comments were exchanged and she fell into a defensive mode.

Madison has a big personality and was going through personal challenges of her own; the proper response by LTT should have been to lighten the load.

Perhaps what we're seeing here is a lack of flexibility from executives. 

Do I think LTT should be blamed of being a workplace of sexual harassment and hate? No, that seems like an exaggeration.

I suspect there was an inter-office romance that did not go well, but that's just me rambling.

Just now, Lupino said:

I cannot know if Madison's allegations are true or not, and, frankly, it doesn't matter. What matters is how LMG reacts to them in the long term. Whether true or not, allegations like that don't come from no-where; if they are dropped, something is wrong. If LMG manages to take the time off to come up with a plan to implement an atmosphere where employees can feel free to speak openly about their (felt or real) problems and sort them out without anyone involved feeling overlooked or  accused, there is hope to turn the wheel and make the company a better one.

If they insread come up with some lame excuse or downplay it, they can close the damn place down and go to hell.

Any company would make zero public comments on something like this, and rightfully so. If you're holding out for some sort of response as a measure of their integrity that's a bad approach. 

1 minute ago, cloneman said:

My speculative thoughts:

Madison was not a good "fit" with LTT , and the company could have handled this better. 

Stress level increases, which created some internal conflicts. LTT misjudged the amount of stress she was under and/or failed to provide proper resources to help her make the transition, given her age group.

Perhaps she was not yet ready for a full-time role but in order to be allowed to change country she had to do 40hrs a week? Wouldn't surprise me if it was something dumb like that.

When being unable to cope with job various requirements, suddenly it became an adversarial relationship, in which case rude comments were exchanged and she fell into a defensive mode.

Madison has a big personality and was going through personal challenges of her own; the proper response by LTT should have been to lighten the load.

Perhaps what we're seeing here is a lack of flexibility from executives. 

Do I think LTT should be blamed of being a workplace of sexual harassment and hate? No, that seems like an exaggeration.

I suspect there was an inter-office romance that did not go well, but that's just me rambling.

How can claims of sexual harassment are a exaggeration exactly ?

Just now, 0catt said:

I respect your point, and I understand your position. 

I can understand you not wanting to side with her, but at the same time, from my past experiences, I believe, for me, its very important to not disregard her in any way like many people in the forum are doing.

Disregarding is not the way to go I agree. But doubting should be A-OK and for both parties.

Maddison might be seeking attention, might be blowing some unfavorable performance reviews out of proportion. On the other hand one/some people can be straight up montstrous at LMG and might have done everything that is described by her and more.

Hell it doesn't have to be these 2 polar opposites either, in the case of the accusations being false Maddison doesn't have to be a bad person or looking for clout. She might have felt all these things whilst not being treated as badly. You really don't need someone to be constantly mistreated for someone to go spiraling mentally in a workplace and feel like everything is against them. I know because I, myself turned my workplace into a living nightmare for myself at one time when in reality noone was actually applying as much pressure and mistreatment to me as I was feeling. Again I am not saying this is the case.

And maybe some accusations are true but some are false. Maybe some people are guilty of this enviorement and covering it up, maybe all people are maybe none are. Maybe there is a criminal genious that caused all this and covered their tracks perfectly and Linus is completely oblivious to it. This can go on and on.

Everything from 2 polar opposites to anything in between happening is still very possible. And we as the community should make sure that everybody is held accountable, whether this is Madison outright lying or LMG having these huge problems.

2 minutes ago, RWxAshley said:

Her statements are proof enough to me. What evidence do you expect her to be holding onto about in person conflicts at the office? There is nothing for her to gain out of burning a bridge with LTT by calling then out just like Steve from GN had nothing to gain from burning their bridge with LTT to call them out.

There in lies the issue. A person's statements are not proof. 

In the 2020 election, there were plenty of "statements" advertised as proof that the election was stolen. It wasn't. That was not proof, that was people swearing affidavits to what they perceived they saw.. which turned out was not reality. 

There is an expectation in any fair system of justice that the word of one person is not automatically superior to that of another without some burden. Anything other than that is not just. 

1 minute ago, DakotaCx said:

Any company would make zero public comments on something like this, and rightfully so. If you're holding out for some sort of response as a measure of their integrity that's a bad approach. 

I didn't say they must react publicly. But after the bomb was dropped in public, they probably should, and convincingly, so.

Just now, 0catt said:

Are you high?

No, he just goes through life viewing every interaction with or judgment about a woman through the lens of whether it will lead to sex, and he can't imagine anyone else being different. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Just now, HesCalledTheStig said:

3rd post, right on par with the previous 2.

Happily married here and not into her at all.  Thats besides the point.  I happen to have a trans son so, I was rather offended by your first post.  But who cares.  You be you.

Just ignore him. The dude just joined the forums today to troll during all the drama. Surprised there hasn't been more of it.

9 minutes ago, Booch121 said:

how is it her fault people on the internet went crazy for her????? Makes no sense.
I like how most of your comment is pure chance and believe. Her "probably" working like shit has the same chance as her "probably" working very hard. Someone "probably" toucher her inappropriately. Absolutely no arguement there.
Same with your last point. She gave me "vibes" of a person who doesn't work..... ok, tech nerds give me the "vibes" of people who treat and touch women inappropriately. 

I didn't say it was her fault. I said it was PARTIALLY her fault. She engaged in some VERY attention seeking behaviors and then she got attention. 

She played up an act on a video she knew would be widely distributed. If I'm not mistaken she specifically noted that she deliberately played up her behavior on the first video (though I could be misremembering)

She then made repeated efforts, to get into a public facing role. 
She received an offer and then consented to working in a public facing role. Job applications don't fill themselves out. 

She literally signed a job offer for a public facing role. She was not under duress to do it and chances are there were warnings and disclaimers on the job contract. 

Someone choosing to pursue celebrity and then being unhappy with the natural consequences of celebrity is something that's happened A LOT OF TIMES. 

It's a repeated, predictable, pattern and it sucks that huge swathes of people act crazy towards public figures. 

It's why I don't become a politician. It's why I do NOT want a public facing role at work. I chose NOT to expose myself to that for very deliberate reasons. And yes, that's a choice on my end. 

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800

2 minutes ago, Lupino said:

LMG is ultimately an employer and a company, whatever the claims are they should have somebody impartial to investigate these claims whether it be an internal (but separate) team or an external firm. 

2 minutes ago, acidchrist62 said:

thanks mate. also she's not going to sleep with you.

Where did they say that? You can't discriminate against employment based on their pronouns.

1 minute ago, buttpoop said:

You have proven yourself to be sexist, insecure, and deeply unserious. If you are capable of self reflection, and many dumb guys aren't, consider that the projection of your insecurities and your opinion of women likely color every interaction in your life.

🤦‍♂️

Did I help you?? Then please mark my answer as the solution!

Just now, RWxAshley said:

Just ignore him. The dude just joined the forums today to troll during all the drama. Surprised there hasn't been more of it.

Believe me, I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of making me flinch!

1 minute ago, Lupino said:

I didn't say they must react publicly. But after the bomb was dropped in public, they probably should, and convincingly, so.

I disagree. That opens up far too much liability and legal exposure for no reason. Personnel matters are handled internally, no matter what others choose to share that is always the right call for a business. The most they should do is say they separated for whatever reason and wish her the best. 

I believe Madison.

SA, gaslighting, harassment, blackmail, micro-aggression. As a woman who has been working in IT for many years I seen it all, it's happening all the time. You have no idea what stories we share between each other. Man are either ignorant or choose to not see these situations.  Luckily my workplace has been fairly good at dealing with this nowadays, but very few of us are so lucky.

You can even see it in this thread - suggestions of being delusional, seeking attention or misremembering. They always pop up - here is a bingo for you guys.

image.png.daff63c51a77c8943d4996702a95c270.png

These are some serious accusations and needs to be addressed. Addressed without any shootouts for store or jokes about sponsors - it's time to grow up.