Gamers Nexus alleges LMG has insufficient ethics and integrity

osgalaxy
Message added by TVwazhere,

Please remember that the Community Standards apply to all threads including this one:

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner
  • "Don't be a dick" —Wil Wheaton
  • "Be excellent to each other" —Bill and Ted
  • Remember your audience; both present and future

3 minutes ago, Battlenat0r said:

I mean Linus has already made his comments here.. so.... he has given a full response..

Meh he will likely make a video on this and if he doesn't then I guess I will have to base my thoughts on only his post. But i'd like to give LMG some more time. They are a large company these kinds of things can take time before they are ready to fully respond.

This is my opinion, it doesn't mean I'm right and is liable to change at any time. I may offend of which I apologize in advance.

(Our lord and savior: GabeN)

8 minutes ago, perryckd said:

I am not defending linus, but am pointing out how guerilla nexus loves to blow small things outta proportions and continue to elevate their standings through assassination of others. It is a dirty hack job i dislike. This could be easily resolve for the community good. 

Look, can someone believes LMG is so cheapo to "steal" the few hundred dollars? It is a mistake that organisation makes. Unless steve runs a bigger ones, he is just scummy to shape the narrative that LMG are evil doers over small matters. Do we know if Linus is shielding his employees for such oversight? 

Well I already shown guerilla nexus has made oversight themselves and cunningly chose to ignore. If every other youtubers play their guerilla games, than you like to see this so called tit for tat in the name of playing watchmen? 

Steve never once said LMG is evil. Not one time. All Steve said is that LMG is a big cooperation now with big cooperation problems. It's very possible that Steve is drama baiting but he is doing it in a very fair and objective way. He isn't making things up or trying to misrepresent anything, he is stating facts and telling LMG that they need to do better.

1 minute ago, Battlenat0r said:

All i read was this.. and ignored your ENTIRE post...... So you mean with all that is shown, he presented the facts? lol lol
That waterblock was FACTS to get manufactured on a different generation GPU? lol
Sorry dude, dig the same hole Linus is digging..

You say as you make the same kind of assumption to justify a point based on zero evidence. 
Good job!
If you can't read it all, then don't pretend you have anything valuable to contribute.

49 minutes ago, e22big said:

Because it is a bad product

Doesn't matter if it improve the cooling by 5 or 20 percent, maybe not even at 40 percent. You don't buy a waterblock for 800 (would you?), and cooling doesn't give you any extra performance. You don't buy a cooling solution that expensive for anything unless you absolutely have no choice - and you have plenty of choice if performance and noise are all that you are concerned about. 

You're missing my point.

If Linus is ready to do use fucked up testing because fixing the mistake someone in the LTT made and retesting it right would cost him extra but won't do it because "trust me, bro" it's a bad product. Even if the product actually is bad, does it give LTT the right to fuck up its testing and then just "trust me, bro" the review?

No matter the product, testing is testing you cannot fuck it up and then play it down with "oh, it's doesn't matter because the product is either way bad" especially when in the next sentence you go on how little you would require to remake that testing correctly but won't do it because your asshole doesn't tickle the right way and it would cost you some peanuts.

Especially when you are trying to make more respectable testing methods, you just cannot fuck around like this. Like seriously, would the million dollar test chamber matter anything if instead of data we had just "the product is bad, the end"? Like the whole point of Labs was to build respectable testing and really show with the data why some products are bad and others are good, not just flappy floppy swing around and save couple of bucks by not doing the correct testing.

2 hours ago, Saeumii said:

image.png.0b1e2e997c1f2e2ea4276b973303feae.png

gonna respond to this here bc this strikes me as a bad faith take from someone who's just trying to hate on ltt and i have no interest in directly engaging with that type of attitude.

they mistakenly auctioned off the prototype for charity, presumably bc they viewed it as a unique item that someone would want. the only reason they said that no one should buy it is bc you can get much cheaper coolers with the same performance.

no, they shouldn't have auctioned it off in the first place, but their logic and reasoning for this situation seems pretty clear to me

this incident seems to have just brought the haters out of the woodworks

Dude, you are beyond wrong here. They KNEW they couldn't sell it, AGREED to send it back, and still SOLD it regardless. An auction sale is still a sale. They knew it wasn't theirs to sell and sold it anyways despite assuring them they'd send it back. That's some top tier shitty behavior.

They also absolutely did screw them over by selling the best prototype a small start up has instead of doing what they promised which was send it back.

Those are facts. Linus and LMG screwed them over, plain and simple. They only addressed it AFTER this blew up. Stop defending obvious shitty decisions, management, and utter lack of responsibility by Linus.

These are literal facts. It has nothing to do with being a hater. If you equate mentioning facts as being a hater, you're too blind to see that this whole thing is FUBAR and has no winning on Linus' part.

16 minutes ago, e22big said:

When is the last time you saw people use waterblock on a 3090ti because they want more fps?

It's not your or Linus' prerogative to decide what other people find valuable.

Last I remember Luke glued rocks inside of his PC. I wouldn't but why would I tell anybody else not to?

2 minutes ago, IseeFractals said:

I can explain to you why
a $1000+ cpu's aren't a viable consumer product....
a $1500 "enthusiast" motherboard is batshit insane,  
 why absolutely no one would tolerate the 200% rise in GPU prices in the span of a few years, or pay pay 50-100% MORE for a 20% performance gain....sometimes. 
Custom loops that cost thousands,
commercial AND custom cases that cost UPWARDS of $1000
$2000 gaming monitors that absolutely ZERO gpu's are capable of driving to full potential even YEARS after release.
$600 gaming chairs
$1000+ "gaming" desks
$300 keyboards
$300 mice
Yet every single one of those products is a market worth BILLIONs. 

Linus's job, is to present the FACTS. He can give his opinion, as aggressively as he wants, so long as he presents the facts. 

He doesn't get to say "i assume this is going to suck, and even if it doesn't suck, it's too expensive, so it doesn't matter if our testing or representation is accurate anyway" 

But i'm gonna guess, that you've probably never designed...anything, let alone a tech product. But i have!
So i know, from first hand experience that the chasm between prototype, and commercial ready product....is fucking wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide.

A prototype, is a proof of concept. It's a means of showcasing your knowledge, ability and capacity to see something through. Yes, you want exposure, might hope to gain some sales, but what you're really doing by giving your ONE OF A KIND prototype to the biggest tech youtuber around (not the most knowledgeable, not the most technical, not the best but the BIGGEST) for review is the hope of attracting investors. So you can make your product better, so you can refine, iterate, and test new designs.

Linus, should really fucking know that. Every mouth breathing idiot that can't even turn a computer on should understand that, as it's so painfully fucking obvious. 

But instead, they mocked it, lost the card that was also sent along with it, proceeded to misrepresent it while actively saying "it doesn't matter that we're not testing it fairly because it's a pointless product that no one should ever buy" 

And then....after that lubeless hate fuck of a "review" instead of returning the ONE OF A KIND PROTOTYPE when requested...they sell the thing. Oh wait...no, they "auctioned it" but it's cool, because it was for charity. "Like, why is everyone jumping all over the guy with the $100 million corporation"

But please, tell all of some more about how you "don't need Linus to tell you what to think" while you parrot back his self serving justification.

Linus did present the facts, but people are ignoring that. They are to busy being justice warriors. Everyone can design a product, it does not mean that it should be good also... I also designed a product, but I don't think myself in being that special.

38 minutes ago, ZombieMan762 said:

You'd never know what the performance is because Linus couldn't be bothered to find the 3090ti Billet Labs sent with the water block.

And its not up to you to decide what is a value for other people nor is it Linus' job. Yes, the price should be a part of the review but coming to a pre-determined conclusion on ONE factor alone is NOT a review and declaring the whole product bad is asinine at best. This obviously a niche product that is not designed around value but being unique and over the top like the purity of the copper used. 

It may be a shock to some but for quite a few members of the PC community PRICE is NOT a factor and they just want something cool and unique which has a value by itself. Paying extra for something very few other people have is value. 

And if Linus wants to be a 'man of the people' and condemn products on price you have to remember this is the same guy who in the past month alone has published videos featuring a $100,000 desk PC milled out of solid aluminum and using his POOL to water cool his PC. WTF. If we are going to talk about value and doing things just because you can, regardless of the price, then maybe Linus should lay off his own videos featuring ridiculous pet projects and builds for Twitch streamers. 

He didn't try to sell you his desk or his pool cooling system though.

Billet planned to sell you their product. And obviously, that price is a major consideration in that factor. A waterblock that cost 800, fit only on just that one GPU, and require a process so complex that it even an entire team of system integrators and engineers manage to mess up after spending days working on - isn't objectively a good product, at the very least. 

Should it be giving a fair chance? Yes, that I am completely agree with. But I do get Linus PoV why this might not have worth anyone time.

14 minutes ago, infinitytec said:

Linus's reply was disappointing. All that's needed is to apologize, make things right, and move forwards.

I worry that this time LTT may have lost too much credibility. Especially with that response.

They did a massive disservice to Billet with their shoddy video on it. Then doubled down on it. And the way they have treated Billet since... that's a pretty big mistake.

If nothing else, LTT should take their video on Billet down. 

LTT can do better than this. 

I really appreciate seeing such a level-headed take on this amidst a sea of knee-jerk reactions (from both sides) and fanboyism (again, both sides)

On 8/15/2023 at 7:36 AM, Error 52 said:

It is generally considered good practice in journalistic circles to contact someone before you run a story on them.

Except if they are a $100m+ corporation

2 minutes ago, bobbybobjoebob said:

Normally I would agree, but in this case their relationship prior seemed to at least be acquaintances, though I could be wrong. My point more or less was yeah I understand that LMG is a fairly large corporation now, but that doesn't justify someone who's essentially a colleague just airing out the dirty laundry without discussing it with him first. I still believe this stuff needs to be made public, but it needs to be done in a respectful manner towards one another. This is how you prevent fanboys from going berserk on BOTH sides, like we're seeing now. 

I keep seeing this same false fallacy argument pass around so often. Neither LMG is entitled to a private discussion nor is GN required to contact LMG before making a public ethical complaint based on LMG's public video. If the case had been GN found a backdoor to LMG's servers and publicly announced the exploit without informing LMG, then that would be a valid argument for needing private discussion. Speaking privately about mistakes and misrepresented information on a live, public video would be a voluntary courtesy. This could have happened except for Linus ranted and clearly implied GN and HUB on the WAN more than once; burning bridges on his own accord. Making this argument that GN should have spoken to Linus privately beforehand would be equivalent to a company requiring me to message them before putting up a bad review for a faulty product. 

1 minute ago, eece_ret said:

Yeah thats longer than 4 days.  I very much agree that 14 days is piss poor, however ghosting carries an implication of willful neglect.  Given the purported workload at LMG in general and then add LTX, im willing to bet there is non willful aspect to be weighed in opposition to "they ghosted them" statement.

We will never know if they would have ghosted them now that GN spilled the beans

in a timeline where Gn said nothing, who knows how long it would have taken for LTT to actually adress this..., and how the current events are panning out it makes me think than it would have never happened without GN reporting this

4 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Company gets involved in "drama". Issues statement. Community has worse reaction after response. Statement has thus failed. Fairly basic logic, assuming you aren't a bot.

Dude, I commented regarding assuming Linus's medication, and I'm the one having problems with basic logic. What the hell is wrong with people

37 minutes ago, mikaelus said:

These are allegations that are completely unsubstantiated. As I said, like those people in photos with Epstein, who now "may be" or "may not be" pedos.

You just don't do that. Linus has been very forthcoming about his investment in Framework. Is every tech reviewer disclosing his stock market bets? How many of them own Apple or Nvidia shares? Does it affect how biased they are? Should each of them give full disclosures before every video? I mean, come on.

Yes, because among other things they are legally required to. The fact that some of them don't means they are breaking the law.

And what about all other companies which have at some point sponsored LTT content (but also GN or any other channel). Intel ran a whole series of sponsored upgrades, now taken up by AMD. Does this mean there may be conflict of interest between LTT and the biggest chip makers, just because they pay for some clips? 

Not unless LTT starts going easy on them in reviews for seemingly no reason.

Aren't ALL tech reviewers living mostly off this sort of income?

No. Many live off of merch or Patrons who give them money monthly, or rely on YT ad revenue.

Should they then not review anything because they got money from nearly all tech companies at some point?

Not at all the same thing. If Linus buys shares in a company that LMG reviews products of, then Linus should not be involved in that video at all. Period. The appearance of a conflict of interest is enough to cause doubt about LMG's integrity

And I'm not defending Linus here - he's done a lot of bad things and has become all ego - but Steve went from talking about evidence to suggesting malicious things he can't back up with any evidence.

Nothing Steve said wasn't backed up by evidence.

LMG rushes videos: fact.

LMG makes mistakes in virtually every video: fact.

LMG sold a prototype that they had no right to sell: fact.

LMG wasn't willing to spend a bit of extra time to make their videos accurately : fact.

LMG made misrepresentations about the testing capabilities and performance of GN and HUB: fact.

LMG made misrepresentations about Billet's prototype's capabilities: fact.

Linus made misrepresentations about LMG's communication with Billet: fact.

Linus made misrepresentations that LMG had material evidence which would have altered the Steve GN video, when it has been shown Linus had nothing further to add: fact.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 minute ago, andreimj said:

Linus did present the facts, but people are ignoring that. They are to busy being justice warriors. Everyone can design a product, it does not mean that it should be good also... I also designed a product, but I don't think myself in being that special.

Linus presented the facts wrong. In both the testing of the cooler, since it wasn’t for the right card, and in the messages in this forum since he alleged everything was solved and agreed with the company, when in fact it wasn’t. Also, Justice Warriors? What the hell are you on about, man.

1 minute ago, 9eorge380 said:

I feel like you didnt see the entire context around that, the reason while i agree he should have re tested his point is that because the product itself was a) incompatable with most cases nd b) in his opinion not worth it for anyone at its price, he didnt re test as the conclusion he came to wouldnt have changed with the re test.

While the context of the clip should matter, Linus isn't going to live that one down for a while. "Here's our $10,000 testing machine" and "Here's our $200,000 signal testing lab" stuff, and a couple of hundred to at least test something as it's intended to be used comes off as woefully out of touch.

While it's likely the functional conclusion wouldn't change (product is probably too custom for a sustainable business but cool as a 1-off), it'd be like testing a super car (even a really, really prickly one) and not at least getting a proper lap in with it. Even if it blows up afterwards. "Thing does a thing" and you don't technically see if it does "the thing". That's just cruising for very negative feedback.

'Hello James, do you still have my car because I need it back.'

'Sorry about not getting back to you last month Robert when you emailed me twice asking for your car back. I don't have your car but no worries because didn't sell it, I auctioned it off. So ya we're cool right?  

2 minutes ago, miagisan said:

No different than Linus doing a secret shopper, but GN didn't add points for being their sponsor 

Very different on so many levels.  The whole reason you have secret shopper is to preclude teh vendor from gaming their response in providing service.  If Dell knows its LTT or GN, they may (will) treat that order than Jo Schmo or so goes the premise.  The Secret shopper experience here would be Steve posing as a startup, sendin LMG a unit for review and then waiting to see if it gets auctioned.  If Linus knows its Steve, that surely wont happen.  The test and teh story is if the inverse holds true.

Steve is purporting to be performing Journalism, and reporting a story.  Journalists usually reach out for comment prior to publication when the story contains inflammatory material pertaining to teh person or organization the story is about.  To look at it in your context is trying to have it both ways at least in my opinion.

20 minutes ago, Silviecat44 said:

Or unless what you're covering exists exclusively in the public in which case there's not a lot of point requesting for comment because A) the company will likely not respond except perhaps with a PR stock answer and B) the company may try to manipulate the situation as Linus has done in this instance.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

On 8/14/2023 at 3:25 PM, LinusTech said:

There won't be a big WAN Show segment about this or anything. Most of what I have to say, I've already said, and I've done so privately.

To Steve, I expressed my disappointment that he didn't go through proper journalistic practices in creating this piece. He has my email and number (along with numerous other members of our team) and could have asked me for context that may have proven to be valuable (like the fact that we didn't 'sell' the monoblock, but rather auctioned it for charity due to a miscommunication... AND the fact that while we haven't sent payment yet, we have already agreed to compensate Billet Labs for the cost of their prototype). There are other issues, but I've told him that I won't be drawn into a public sniping match over this and that I'll be continuing to move forward in good faith as part of 'Team Media'. When/if he's ready to do so again I'll be ready.

To my team (and my CEO's team, but realistically I was at the helm for all of these errors, so I need to own it), I stressed the importance of diligence in our work because there are so many eyes on us. We are going through some growing pains - we've been very public about them in the interest of transparency - and it's clear we have some work to do on internal processes and communication. We have already been doing a lot of work internally to clean up our processes, but these things take time. Rome wasn't built in a day, but that's no excuse for sloppiness.

Now, for my community, all I can say is the same things I always say. We know that we're not perfect. We wear our imperfection on our sleeves in the interest of ensuring that we stay accountable to you. But it's sad and unfortunate when this transparency gets warped into a bad thing. The Labs team is hard at work hard creating processes and tools to generate data that will benefit all consumers - a work in progress that is very much not done and that we've communicated needs to be treated as such. Do we have notes under some videos? Yes. Is it because we are striving for transparency/improvement? Yeah... What we're doing hasn't been in many years, if ever.. and we would make a much larger correction if the circumstances merited it. Listing the wrong amount of cache on a table for a CPU review is sloppy, but given that our conclusions are drawn based on our testing, not the spec sheet, it doesn't materially change the recommendation. That doesn't mean these things don't matter. We've set KPIs for our writing/labs team around accuracy, and we are continually installing new checks and balances to ensure that things continue to get better. If you haven't seen the improvement, frankly I wonder if you're really looking for it... The thoroughness that we managed on our last handful of GPU videos is getting really incredible given the limited time we have for these embargoes. I'm REALLY excited about what the future will hold.

With all of that said, I still disagree that the Billet Labs video (not the situation with the return, which I've already addressed above) is an 'accuracy' issue. It's more like I just read the room wrong. We COULD have re-tested it with perfect accuracy, but to do so PROPERLY - accounting for which cases it could be installed in (none) and which radiators it would be plumbed with (again... mystery) would have been impossible... and also didn't affect the conclusion of the video... OR SO I THOUGHT...

I wanted to evaluate it as a product, and as a product, IF it could manage to compete with the temperatures of the highest end blocks on the planet, it still wouldn't make sense to buy... so from my point of view, re-testing it and finding out that yes, it did in fact run cooler made no difference to the conclusion, so it didn't really make a difference.

Adam and I were talking about this today. He advocated for re-testing it regardless of how non-viable it was as a product at the time and I think he expressed really well today why it mattered. It was like making a video about a supercar. It doesn't mater if no one watching will buy it. They just wanna see it rip.  I missed that, but it wasn't because I didn't care about the consumer.. it was because I was so focused on how this product impacted a potential buyer. Either way, clearly my bad, but my intention was never to harm Billet Labs. I specifically called out their incredible machining skills because I wanted to see them create something with a viable market for it and was hoping others would appreciate the fineness of the craftsmanship even if the product was impractical. I still hope they move forward building something else because they obviously have talent and I've watched countless niche water cooling vendors come and go. It's an astonishingly unforgiving market.

Either way, I'm sorry I got the community's priorities mixed-up on this one, and that we didn't show the Billet in the best light. Our intention wasn't to hurt anyone. We wanted no one to buy it (because it's an egregious waste of money no matter what temps it runs at) and we wanted Billet to make something marketable (so they can, y'know, eat).

With all of this in mind, it saddens me how quickly the pitchforks were raised over this. It also comes across a touch hypocritical when some basic due diligence could have helped clarify much of it. I have a LONG history of meeting issues head on and I've never been afraid to answer questions, which lands me in hot water regularly, but helps keep me in tune with my peers and with the community. The only reason I can think of not to ask me is because my honest response might be inconvenient. 

We can test that... with this post. Will the "It was a mistake (a bad one, but a mistake) and they're taking care of it" reality manage to have the same reach? Let's see if anyone actually wants to know what happened. I hope so, but it's been disheartening seeing how many people were willing to jump on us here. Believe it or not, I'm a real person and so is the rest of my team. We are trying our best, and if what we were doing was easy, everyone would do it. Today sucks.

Thanks for reading this.

This is an absolutely horrible, disappointing, heat of the moment response and as a fan for over 10 years really saddens me, ive seen you grow as an idol for years, built my first PCs based on channel recommendations and reviews, saw the birth of float plane and you can check my profile i have my OG badge, but this is not a new thing, or a drama thing, the quality of the content has decreased over the years over what, an idea you had years ago that you HAD TO GET 1 VIDEO EVERY DAY, hey maybe its time to look back at your current process and maybe consider an uploading schedule change, but this chief, nah this aint the way, you're alienating a community you've built over years, from new people defending you on this thread blinded by their fanboy-ism, from OGs like myself that really are disappointment on the way youre responding to completely valid criticism, i realized how much your objectivity had change once i saw the 3000 Series reviews and you guys were pretty much the only outlets to speak positively about those cards, at this point for me its reached a breaking point, i will be for the time being removing subscriptions to any LMG related media and hope you really stop, accept the feedback that is being provided, this is not an attack. Take a hard look at what you've accomplished were you come from, and really come up with an action plan with steps of what are LMG plans moving forward, for now you're just another clickbait entertainment channel, not the linus tech tips i watched climb up a mountain with laptops and a bunch of tech youtubers to break a record just because.

"I've been mad for fucking years, absolutely years, I've been over the edge for yonks..."

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us are...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark."

On 8/14/2023 at 5:30 PM, LinusTech said:

Billet sent us a quote. I don't know or care how they arrived at the value. If they're good, I'm good.

As for what steps we're taking, you're talking about an outlier issue that has happened once in 10+ years of operation. There won't be a new SOP to ensure we don't accidentally auction stuff. We just need to tighten up some documentation.

I think you'll be lucky if they don't sue. Hate to see big companies do this to small companies.

1 minute ago, Silviecat44 said:

That doesn't mean they have $100M.

8 minutes ago, e22big said:

Billet planned to sell you their product. And obviously, that price is a major consideration in that factor. A waterblock that cost 800, fit only on just that one GPU, and require a process so complex that it even an entire team of system integrators and engineers manage to mess up after spending days working on - isn't objectively a good product, at the very least. 

It is only designed to fit one specific GPU.
It is very expensive.

Do you know what key fact you missed in the above?
LMG DID NOT INSTALL THE MONOBLOCK ON THE GPU IT WAS DESIGNED TO FIT.

It'd be like buying an engine part for a Ford Explorer and complaining that it performs like shit on my Ford Fiesta.

LMG cannot seriously entertain that the review is fair at all when the monoblock was designed to make extremely close contact with the GPU of a 3090 Ti and despite the manufacturer telling them it wasn't designed to fit a 4090, to test on that and dismiss the performance of the product.

If LMG considered a GPU specific monoblock so ridiculous as to be impractical or not worth reviewing - they could have instead refused to review it.

Instead they reviewed it, installed it on a part it was never intended to fit, said it wasn't worth buying, and then doubled down on the invalid results when people pointed out the monoblock was never intended to work with a 4090.

That's bad review practice, and it erodes trust in what LMG is presenting as reputable benchmark results as they tout how wonderful the labs are.

1 minute ago, AlTech said:

Yes, because among other things they are legally required to. The fact that some of them don't mean they are breaking the law.

Not unless LTT starts going easy on them in reviews for seemingly no reason.

No. Many live off of merch or Patrons who give them money monthly, of rely on YT as revenue.

Not at all the same thing. If Linus buys shares in a company that LMG reviews products of, then Linus should not be involved in that video at all. Period. The appearance of a conflict of interest is enough to cause doubt about LMG's integrity

Nothing Steve said wasn't backed up by evidence.

LMG rushes videos: fact.

LMG makes mistakes in virtually every video: fact.

LMG sold a prototype that they had no right to sell: fact.

LMG wasn't willing to spend a bit  extra time to make their videos accurately : fact.

LMG made misrepresentations about the testing capabilities and performance of GN and HUB: fact.

LMG made misrepresentations about Billet's prototype's capabilities: fact.

Linus made misrepresentations about LMG's communication with Billet: fact.

Linus made misrepresentations that LMG had material evidence which would have altered the Steve GN video, when it has been shown Linus had nothing further to add: fact.

And when did I say he didn't in reference to these points? I agree with those. What I do not agree is with peddling accusations that are not backed by fact - like suggesting LMG was in some conflict of interest with ASUS because it was their sponsor at LTX or one ex-ASUS guy works for the company now. The same goes for Framework, which Linus has always been clear about.

So, no, Steve had zero basis for these allegations. This is where he went rogue and personal.

I find it funny that people can be so invested in defending one side without noticing the hypocrisy of the other. Dude, these are just some Youtubers you don't even know. Take a chill pill.