Gamers Nexus alleges LMG has insufficient ethics and integrity

osgalaxy
Message added by TVwazhere,

Please remember that the Community Standards apply to all threads including this one:

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner
  • "Don't be a dick" —Wil Wheaton
  • "Be excellent to each other" —Bill and Ted
  • Remember your audience; both present and future

First post, but long time watcher of both LTT and GN. I basically read almost every post on this crazy thread.

I think whole conversation stems from LTT Labs. Since LTT is entering the realm of performing data accurate reviews, then it needs to be data accurate. This is basically what Steve is pushing. This type of dialogue will only push LTT Labs to become better. I don't feel there will be any loss for either party except growth and that could be more for LTT than GN. I think and believe this is a good thing.

I hope to see growth from both parties as a result of this wonderful, beautiful, drama free discourse.... Lol.

6 minutes ago, Nyotengu said:

Ah yes, the resorting to personal insults after being called out. How disappointingly predictable.

Hahaha that's not an insult, that seems to be a fact, to be more accurate since you don't get my point AGAIN, if LTT did the same to G.N i'd have said that LTT sounds more like Judas, get it now? i'm definitely out 🙂

Just now, e22big said:

When is the last time you saw people use waterblock on a 3090ti because they want more fps?

Thats like asking if I've ever seen someone drink when thirsty.  Increase in cooling capacity allows for overclocking which results in greater FPS.  You have watched the channel before right?

On 8/14/2023 at 10:25 PM, LinusTech said:

There won't be a big WAN Show segment about this or anything. Most of what I have to say, I've already said, and I've done so privately.

To Steve, I expressed my disappointment that he didn't go through proper journalistic practices in creating this piece. He has my email and number (along with numerous other members of our team) and could have asked me for context that may have proven to be valuable (like the fact that we didn't 'sell' the monoblock, but rather auctioned it for charity due to a miscommunication... AND the fact that while we haven't sent payment yet, we have already agreed to compensate Billet Labs for the cost of their prototype). There are other issues, but I've told him that I won't be drawn into a public sniping match over this and that I'll be continuing to move forward in good faith as part of 'Team Media'. When/if he's ready to do so again I'll be ready.

To my team (and my CEO's team, but realistically I was at the helm for all of these errors, so I need to own it), I stressed the importance of diligence in our work because there are so many eyes on us. We are going through some growing pains - we've been very public about them in the interest of transparency - and it's clear we have some work to do on internal processes and communication. We have already been doing a lot of work internally to clean up our processes, but these things take time. Rome wasn't built in a day, but that's no excuse for sloppiness.

Now, for my community, all I can say is the same things I always say. We know that we're not perfect. We wear our imperfection on our sleeves in the interest of ensuring that we stay accountable to you. But it's sad and unfortunate when this transparency gets warped into a bad thing. The Labs team is hard at work hard creating processes and tools to generate data that will benefit all consumers - a work in progress that is very much not done and that we've communicated needs to be treated as such. Do we have notes under some videos? Yes. Is it because we are striving for transparency/improvement? Yeah... What we're doing hasn't been in many years, if ever.. and we would make a much larger correction if the circumstances merited it. Listing the wrong amount of cache on a table for a CPU review is sloppy, but given that our conclusions are drawn based on our testing, not the spec sheet, it doesn't materially change the recommendation. That doesn't mean these things don't matter. We've set KPIs for our writing/labs team around accuracy, and we are continually installing new checks and balances to ensure that things continue to get better. If you haven't seen the improvement, frankly I wonder if you're really looking for it... The thoroughness that we managed on our last handful of GPU videos is getting really incredible given the limited time we have for these embargoes. I'm REALLY excited about what the future will hold.

With all of that said, I still disagree that the Billet Labs video (not the situation with the return, which I've already addressed above) is an 'accuracy' issue. It's more like I just read the room wrong. We COULD have re-tested it with perfect accuracy, but to do so PROPERLY - accounting for which cases it could be installed in (none) and which radiators it would be plumbed with (again... mystery) would have been impossible... and also didn't affect the conclusion of the video... OR SO I THOUGHT...

I wanted to evaluate it as a product, and as a product, IF it could manage to compete with the temperatures of the highest end blocks on the planet, it still wouldn't make sense to buy... so from my point of view, re-testing it and finding out that yes, it did in fact run cooler made no difference to the conclusion, so it didn't really make a difference.

Adam and I were talking about this today. He advocated for re-testing it regardless of how non-viable it was as a product at the time and I think he expressed really well today why it mattered. It was like making a video about a supercar. It doesn't mater if no one watching will buy it. They just wanna see it rip.  I missed that, but it wasn't because I didn't care about the consumer.. it was because I was so focused on how this product impacted a potential buyer. Either way, clearly my bad, but my intention was never to harm Billet Labs. I specifically called out their incredible machining skills because I wanted to see them create something with a viable market for it and was hoping others would appreciate the fineness of the craftsmanship even if the product was impractical. I still hope they move forward building something else because they obviously have talent and I've watched countless niche water cooling vendors come and go. It's an astonishingly unforgiving market.

Either way, I'm sorry I got the community's priorities mixed-up on this one, and that we didn't show the Billet in the best light. Our intention wasn't to hurt anyone. We wanted no one to buy it (because it's an egregious waste of money no matter what temps it runs at) and we wanted Billet to make something marketable (so they can, y'know, eat).

With all of this in mind, it saddens me how quickly the pitchforks were raised over this. It also comes across a touch hypocritical when some basic due diligence could have helped clarify much of it. I have a LONG history of meeting issues head on and I've never been afraid to answer questions, which lands me in hot water regularly, but helps keep me in tune with my peers and with the community. The only reason I can think of not to ask me is because my honest response might be inconvenient. 

We can test that... with this post. Will the "It was a mistake (a bad one, but a mistake) and they're taking care of it" reality manage to have the same reach? Let's see if anyone actually wants to know what happened. I hope so, but it's been disheartening seeing how many people were willing to jump on us here. Believe it or not, I'm a real person and so is the rest of my team. We are trying our best, and if what we were doing was easy, everyone would do it. Today sucks.

Thanks for reading this.

Hey Linus, I've been watching since you were working at NCIX and Luke was called Slick. I've been loving your content and you helped me build my first PC... and you completely fucked up, this response is so stupid. With the complete understanding that there are complexities and management is hard, you guys need to upload a video and own up FULLY to everywhere that you fucked up also you need to slow down video production, stop spreading LMG too thin, and work on quality. I can't call myself a fan of LMG until you address these things.

8 minutes ago, codemak said:

No, you're misunderstanding a potential solution I have provided previously.  I inquire you to go back to my previous posts on how Steve could have handled this better to mutually benefit both companies and getting the correct information to the viewer.

He did handle it in a way that should have mutually benefited both companies.

The video was a lay up for LMG to fix mistakes and move on.

Thats WHY Linus's response is so damn disappointing. This wasn't an attack piece it was a forced opportunity to internally debrief and fix their SOPs to prevent reckless and unnecessary mistakes. Something the staff at LMG wants. 

There is no reason to spend millions to attempt to get good data if you cant spend the 200-2k in extra work hours to make sure the data published is good. 

LMG can still rectify, but they need time to sort things out, Process changes are never going to be quick. 

4 minutes ago, TechDeckCAD said:

Did you actually watch the video???

GN was specifically outlining points where there MIGHT be bias (which is literally a common thing when you get to the point of being large enough to have product reviews, or sponsorships from major tech companies), which in turn means there are possible ethical concerns around the standards of how LMG scrutinizes their product, vs. scrutinizing a smaller company's products. In fact, that's why GN pointed out how silly it was to talk to AMD about such minimal differences, and yet, LMG doesn't afford the same luxury to Billet/etc. when it finds major discrepancies in numbers.

These are allegations that are completely unsubstantiated. As I said, like those people in photos with Epstein, who now "may be" or "may not be" pedos.

You just don't do that. Linus has been very forthcoming about his investment in Framework. Is every tech reviewer disclosing his stock market bets? How many of them own Apple or Nvidia shares? Does it affect how biased they are? Should each of them give full disclosures before every video? I mean, come on.

And what about all other companies which have at some point sponsored LTT content (but also GN or any other channel). Intel ran a whole series of sponsored upgrades, now taken up by AMD. Does this mean there may be conflict of interest between LTT and the biggest chip makers, just because they pay for some clips? 

Aren't ALL tech reviewers living mostly off this sort of income? Should they then not review anything because they got money from nearly all tech companies at some point?

And I'm not defending Linus here - he's done a lot of bad things and has become all ego - but Steve went from talking about evidence to suggesting malicious things he can't back up with any evidence.

my issue is with his response to the original GN video rather than the problems per se.

in general, people make mistakes, learn from them and move on. but you gotta learn from that before you move on.

19 minutes ago, mikaelus said:

Buddy, you seem to be confusing things. The whole point is that this performance COULD HAVE been this much better even if it's expensive.

It's my money and I decide what to do with it. What I expect from a reviewer is to give me the most accurate picture of the product so then I CAN DECIDE whether it's worth my money or not - even if they think it's expensive.

The delightful irony is that Linus keeps hawking overpriced screwdrivers, water bottles and a $250 backpack, while whining about other companies.

It's like his unbearable whining about Nvidia. Look, I get that GPUs are expensive these days but, ultimately, I will be the judge if it makes sense for me to drop $1600 on a 4090. This is ENTIRELY subjective.

TBH, you wouldn't have cared about it without the drama-fuel fire. 

I do agree that it's kind of mess up that he didn't bother spending more time to test it properly to the end though. If he doesn't think it worth everyone time, just don't release the video. 

If he want to laugh at it, at least give it a proper chance to shine. That was my stance on the issue. 

10 minutes ago, Rekunan said:

They could've, but it's better to do it like this because the damage has already been done. Millions of consumers have already seen and been affected by the videos on their purchasing decisions. To go behind closed doors first would be the opposite of proper journalistic practices.

Normally I would agree, but in this case their relationship prior seemed to at least be acquaintances, though I could be wrong. My point more or less was yeah I understand that LMG is a fairly large corporation now, but that doesn't justify someone who's essentially a colleague just airing out the dirty laundry without discussing it with him first. I still believe this stuff needs to be made public, but it needs to be done in a respectful manner towards one another after private discussions. This is how you prevent fanboys from going berserk on BOTH sides, like we're seeing now. 

2 minutes ago, codemak said:

This might be the strangest response to a comment I have ever gotten.  Sorry I have no interest in speaking with you, even if it's in the English language.

There's nothing strange about it if you had actually watch the videos which obviously you haven't ... yet here you are commenting.  Go figure eh.

Personally, I think GN had every right to post his findings, and he came with receipts.   LTT videos have been going down hill, and I think he is just attempting to release too much too quickly.  

His response was also very childish.  He should have had a more thought out response, sucked it up, and admitted he/LMG made some mistakes.   The Internet I think as a whole, would have had some short term anger and accepted it. 

I don't fault Steve at all.   Business is business, and he laid all his facts out, nothing up to misinterpretation.  

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

4 hours ago, Nucleosynthesis said:

can't believe people are still defending Linus on this topic and attack GN.

This is not healthy. If you like Linus, you should not condone his insane respones. 

Instead, help him find his old self and motivate him to do the right thing!

I am not defending linus, but am pointing out how guerilla nexus loves to blow small things outta proportions and continue to elevate their standings through assassination of others. It is a dirty hack job i dislike. This could be easily resolve for the community good. 

Look, can someone believes LMG is so cheapo to "steal" the few hundred dollars? It is a mistake that organisation makes. Unless steve runs a bigger ones, he is just scummy to shape the narrative that LMG are evil doers over small matters. Do we know if Linus is shielding his employees for such oversight? 

Well I already shown guerilla nexus has made oversight themselves and cunningly chose to ignore. If every other youtubers play their guerilla games, than you like to see this so called tit for tat in the name of playing watchmen? 

7 minutes ago, eece_ret said:

Between teh Auction and the video.  That's the period in question yes? A period that was how long?  (seriously my impression was it was 4 days, two of which being business days)

LTX last day was June 30th, idk when the auction was but i was under the impression it was at LTX

GN video was released yesterday, 14 of august, 2 weeks man

2 minutes ago, noob0saur said:

Hahaha that not an insult, that seems to be a fact, to be more accurate since you don't get my point AGAIN, if LTT did the same to G.N i'd have said that LTT sounds more like Judas, get it now? i'm definitely out 🙂

You make no sense. There is no judas here. Just a reviewer calling out the bad practices of another reviewer. You seem to be the one lacking any comprehension and smarts here.

6 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

What's happening now (mostly) is exactly what's intended. There's certainly a fire lit under Linus/LTT, but it's hardly their downfall.

With a semi-reasonable reaction from LMG this could be fixed.

100% agreement. Linus's reaction is proof as to why Steve needed to make these videos. This isn't the end though. Now that LMG is under the spotlight they have the incentive to push to do better and not half ass the transition. Ultimately regardless of if Steve was drama baiting for views or not, this benefits us. We want LMG to do better cause what they are trying to do is extremely important.

I'll wait until I see full video response from Linus. Too early to tell what is really true.

This is my opinion, it doesn't mean I'm right and is liable to change at any time. I may offend of which I apologize in advance.

(Our lord and savior: GabeN)

4 minutes ago, Skelomorph said:

First post, but long time watcher of both LTT and GN. I basically read almost every post on this crazy thread.

I think whole conversation stems from LTT Labs. Since LTT is entering the realm of performing data accurate reviews, then it needs to be data accurate. This is basically what Steve is pushing. This type of dialogue will only push LTT Labs to become better. I don't feel there will be any loss for either party except growth and that could be more for LTT than GN. I think and believe this is a good thing.

I hope to see growth from both parties as a result of this wonderful, beautiful, drama free discourse.... Lol.

Yes, but unfortunately it looks like Linus took this as an attack rather than a learning experience. There is still time for him to make things right though.

8 minutes ago, codemak said:

Because that wasn't from Linus.  It was from some employee in the lab speaking out of place.  Steve knew this and it's stupid point.  If Steve strictly acted on this one line with a 45 minute video criticizing LTT then I would be sorry I ever helped put his name out there.

I don't see how it matters if it was from Linus, it was from an LMG employee which still represents LMG as a company. The comment said by the  LTT labs engineer was a dumb thing to say and things like that shouldn't be said if they want to be taken seriously. I'm not sure if I trust LMG and their labs testing if they're going to attack other youtubers, then act like they're the victim when the youtubers they attacked respond.

On 8/14/2023 at 2:25 PM, LinusTech said:

There won't be a big WAN Show segment about this or anything. Most of what I have to say, I've already said, and I've done so privately.

To Steve, I expressed my disappointment that he didn't go through proper journalistic practices in creating this piece. He has my email and number (along with numerous other members of our team) and could have asked me for context that may have proven to be valuable (like the fact that we didn't 'sell' the monoblock, but rather auctioned it for charity due to a miscommunication... AND the fact that while we haven't sent payment yet, we have already agreed to compensate Billet Labs for the cost of their prototype). There are other issues, but I've told him that I won't be drawn into a public sniping match over this and that I'll be continuing to move forward in good faith as part of 'Team Media'. When/if he's ready to do so again I'll be ready.

To my team (and my CEO's team, but realistically I was at the helm for all of these errors, so I need to own it), I stressed the importance of diligence in our work because there are so many eyes on us. We are going through some growing pains - we've been very public about them in the interest of transparency - and it's clear we have some work to do on internal processes and communication. We have already been doing a lot of work internally to clean up our processes, but these things take time. Rome wasn't built in a day, but that's no excuse for sloppiness.

Now, for my community, all I can say is the same things I always say. We know that we're not perfect. We wear our imperfection on our sleeves in the interest of ensuring that we stay accountable to you. But it's sad and unfortunate when this transparency gets warped into a bad thing. The Labs team is hard at work hard creating processes and tools to generate data that will benefit all consumers - a work in progress that is very much not done and that we've communicated needs to be treated as such. Do we have notes under some videos? Yes. Is it because we are striving for transparency/improvement? Yeah... What we're doing hasn't been in many years, if ever.. and we would make a much larger correction if the circumstances merited it. Listing the wrong amount of cache on a table for a CPU review is sloppy, but given that our conclusions are drawn based on our testing, not the spec sheet, it doesn't materially change the recommendation. That doesn't mean these things don't matter. We've set KPIs for our writing/labs team around accuracy, and we are continually installing new checks and balances to ensure that things continue to get better. If you haven't seen the improvement, frankly I wonder if you're really looking for it... The thoroughness that we managed on our last handful of GPU videos is getting really incredible given the limited time we have for these embargoes. I'm REALLY excited about what the future will hold.

With all of that said, I still disagree that the Billet Labs video (not the situation with the return, which I've already addressed above) is an 'accuracy' issue. It's more like I just read the room wrong. We COULD have re-tested it with perfect accuracy, but to do so PROPERLY - accounting for which cases it could be installed in (none) and which radiators it would be plumbed with (again... mystery) would have been impossible... and also didn't affect the conclusion of the video... OR SO I THOUGHT...

I wanted to evaluate it as a product, and as a product, IF it could manage to compete with the temperatures of the highest end blocks on the planet, it still wouldn't make sense to buy... so from my point of view, re-testing it and finding out that yes, it did in fact run cooler made no difference to the conclusion, so it didn't really make a difference.

Adam and I were talking about this today. He advocated for re-testing it regardless of how non-viable it was as a product at the time and I think he expressed really well today why it mattered. It was like making a video about a supercar. It doesn't mater if no one watching will buy it. They just wanna see it rip.  I missed that, but it wasn't because I didn't care about the consumer.. it was because I was so focused on how this product impacted a potential buyer. Either way, clearly my bad, but my intention was never to harm Billet Labs. I specifically called out their incredible machining skills because I wanted to see them create something with a viable market for it and was hoping others would appreciate the fineness of the craftsmanship even if the product was impractical. I still hope they move forward building something else because they obviously have talent and I've watched countless niche water cooling vendors come and go. It's an astonishingly unforgiving market.

Either way, I'm sorry I got the community's priorities mixed-up on this one, and that we didn't show the Billet in the best light. Our intention wasn't to hurt anyone. We wanted no one to buy it (because it's an egregious waste of money no matter what temps it runs at) and we wanted Billet to make something marketable (so they can, y'know, eat).

With all of this in mind, it saddens me how quickly the pitchforks were raised over this. It also comes across a touch hypocritical when some basic due diligence could have helped clarify much of it. I have a LONG history of meeting issues head on and I've never been afraid to answer questions, which lands me in hot water regularly, but helps keep me in tune with my peers and with the community. The only reason I can think of not to ask me is because my honest response might be inconvenient. 

We can test that... with this post. Will the "It was a mistake (a bad one, but a mistake) and they're taking care of it" reality manage to have the same reach? Let's see if anyone actually wants to know what happened. I hope so, but it's been disheartening seeing how many people were willing to jump on us here. Believe it or not, I'm a real person and so is the rest of my team. We are trying our best, and if what we were doing was easy, everyone would do it. Today sucks.

Thanks for reading this.

Who Here Believes this reply in the comments this is a safe space not to attack Linus/LMG or defend him/it just a headcount.

3 minutes ago, Nintendo Prime said:

Greed doesn't inherently mean no integrity, but it does often lead to it.

I think the difference here is I am not angry. I am just disappointed. Anger typically clouds judgement. But having Watched LTT for well over a decade, simply put - Linus response here on the forum initially is a typical Linus response to all controversy related to his work. If you didn't see that response coming, than you haven't paid enough attention to how defensive Linus has always been in the past initially. Initially is the key, as he often does come around.

The silence since then is expected. For starters, we know from the company involved that Linus HAS sorted things out with them as of about 4 hours ago according to their own posts on Reddit. So Linus has been silent publicly since yesterday, but still doing things privately. He is giving them full monetary compensation and it's been fully agreed. He also did find their 3090ti in logistics, for whatever that is worth. That was never their primary concern, but still. This is just what they said.

Linus has also, very likely, been in direct contact with Steve. What that leads to if anything is something we can't know at this time. And if I had to guess, Linus feels completely embarrassed personally that product ever made it to auction at LTX. The amount of internal meetings and everything about all of this is likely very high right now. But this is about way more than just that product. There is so much to address.

Linus honestly probably spoke way too prematurely. As he often does.

It's going to be silence until they figure out a proper response. Hopefully, that response comes via the Wan Show, despite him saying they didn't want to do a big segment on it. There is a new CEO, and he may convince Linus of some things.

Ideally, the BEST way is to not just have an open discussion on Wan show, but a public video response. Obviously, an unmonetized video. To do that will require a little time, and I would love if they got it dropped this weekend.

But we have no idea what is going to happen right now. But I doubt internally they are doing nothing. We just need patience.

blah blah blah

linus admits he would rather save $300 instead of having an accurate review. all credibility has been lost forever. no coming back.

2 minutes ago, perryckd said:

I am not defending linus, but am pointing out how guerilla nexus loves to blow small things outta proportions and continue to elevate their standings through assassination of others. It is a dirty hack job i dislike. This could be easily resolve for the community good. 

Look, can someone believes LMG is so cheapo to "steal" the few hundred dollars? It is a mistake that organisation makes. Unless steve runs a bigger ones, he is just scummy to shape the narrative that LMG are evil doers over small matters. Do we know if Linus is shielding his employees for such oversight? 

Well I already shown guerilla nexus has made oversight themselves and cunningly chose to ignore. If every other youtubers play their guerilla games, than you like to see this so called tit for tat in the name of playing watchmen? 

bruh you're STILL in here shilling for Linus? Is he paying you overtime or just the standard 40 hours a week?

2 minutes ago, eece_ret said:

Thats like asking if I've ever seen someone drink when thirsty.  Increase in cooling capacity allows for overclocking which results in greater FPS.  You have watched the channel before right?

...when is the last time you can OC a GPU for performances

It has never been a thing since Pascal era. They are locked behind by Boost 3.0 boosting algorithm for a long time. You get at most 10 percent from any GPU OC these days and you can do it on pretty much any stock cooler. Water block is for cool factor and acoustics (not even that, the stock cooler run dead quiet these days as well)

1 hour ago, andreimj said:

There you go. Linus explained why this product can never be a solution to cooling, but everyone is ignoring this. The difference between me and you is that I don't need a reviewer to tell me what to think. You people are just regurgitating other people's opinions. The design is not only mediocre at best but also wastful (milling a block of high purity copper) but also 800$ (reduced from 900 btw)

I can explain to you why
a $1000+ cpu's aren't a viable consumer product....
a $1500 "enthusiast" motherboard is batshit insane,  
 why absolutely no one would tolerate the 200% rise in GPU prices in the span of a few years, or pay pay 50-100% MORE for a 20% performance gain....sometimes. 
Custom loops that cost thousands,
commercial AND custom cases that cost UPWARDS of $1000
$2000 gaming monitors that absolutely ZERO gpu's are capable of driving to full potential even YEARS after release.
$600 gaming chairs
$1000+ "gaming" desks
$300 keyboards
$300 mice
Yet every single one of those products is a market worth BILLIONs. 

Linus's job, is to present the FACTS. He can give his opinion, as aggressively as he wants, so long as he presents the facts. 

He doesn't get to say "i assume this is going to suck, and even if it doesn't suck, it's too expensive, so it doesn't matter if our testing or representation is accurate anyway" 

But i'm gonna guess, that you've probably never designed...anything, let alone a tech product. But i have!
So i know, from first hand experience that the chasm between prototype, and commercial ready product....is fucking wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide.

A prototype, is a proof of concept. It's a means of showcasing your knowledge, ability and capacity to see something through. Yes, you want exposure, might hope to gain some sales, but what you're really doing by giving your ONE OF A KIND prototype to the biggest tech youtuber around (not the most knowledgeable, not the most technical, not the best but the BIGGEST) for review is the hope of attracting investors. So you can make your product better, so you can refine, iterate, and test new designs.

Linus, should really fucking know that. Every mouth breathing idiot that can't even turn a computer on should understand that, as it's so painfully fucking obvious. 

But instead, they mocked it, lost the card that was also sent along with it, proceeded to misrepresent it while actively saying "it doesn't matter that we're not testing it fairly because it's a pointless product that no one should ever buy" 

And then....after that lubeless hate fuck of a "review" instead of returning the ONE OF A KIND PROTOTYPE when requested...they sell the thing. Oh wait...no, they "auctioned it" but it's cool, because it was for charity. "Like, why is everyone jumping all over the guy with the $100 million corporation"

But please, tell all of some more about how you "don't need Linus to tell you what to think" while you parrot back his self serving justification.

1 minute ago, infinitytec said:

Yes, but unfortunately it looks like Linus took this as an attack rather than a learning experience. There is still time for him to make things right though.

Of course. It seems with LTT it is almost always an immediate fiasco, but we do usually see results. Lol.