Gamers Nexus alleges LMG has insufficient ethics and integrity

osgalaxy
Message added by TVwazhere,

Please remember that the Community Standards apply to all threads including this one:

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner
  • "Don't be a dick" —Wil Wheaton
  • "Be excellent to each other" —Bill and Ted
  • Remember your audience; both present and future

12 hours ago, Aluminumhaste said:

That Billet Labs themselves told him it "should" work with. Please stop leaving that part out. They reached out to BL's about that. Had BL said "No, it only works on a 3090", then they probably would have tried harder to use it on a 3090.

THIS.

4 hours ago, Basti0815 said:

THIS.

This thoughtful and nuanced (just look at that use of a bold font!) defense of Linus/LMG has convinced me that GN was wrong and Linus is now automatically PM of Canada. LTT water bottle, backpack, and screwdriver ordered! /s

5 hours ago, Basti0815 said:

THIS.

The problem with this as a defense is that they said it “might” work. 

The die heights are different for Ampere and Lovelace. It doesn’t take 15+ years in the industry to know that it won’t work correctly. 

Would you put a 1080 water block on a 2080?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

On 9/4/2023 at 6:29 AM, IkeaGnome said:

The die heights are different for Ampere and Lovelace. It doesn’t take 15+ years in the industry to know that it won’t work correctly. 

i mean...if the die is the highest point, then the waterblock would still cool the die, your VRMs and mosfets and ram chips may suffer due to using a probably thicker thermal pad though.

Rig 1                                                              Rig 2

DeepCool Macube 550                                  ThermalTake View 31 TG RGB

DeepCool Castle 360mm AIO RGB               FractalDesign Celsius S36 360mm AIO

R9-3900x oc'ed to 4.3ghz all core                  i7-970 oc'ed to 4.4ghz

ASUS X570 TUF                                            ASUS Sabertooth TUF X58

32GB G.Skill Tridentz RGB                            12gb Corsair

Gigabyte 5700 XT Gaming OC                      ASUS ROG STRIX RX480

Corsair RM850X                                            Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 750W RGB

Corsair MP600 NVME                                    Samsung 850 EVO

Adata SX8200 PRO NVME                            Intel 320

Seagate Barracuda                                        Seagate Barracuda x 3

Corsair K70 LUX w/MX Blue                          Western Digital Black x 1
Logitech G903 Lightspeed                             Corsair K70 LUX w/MX Blue 

MSI Optix 34" Ultrawide oc'ed to 120hz         Razer Mamba

Benq 28" oc'ed to 85hz

If the block was to be axed, then the axe should fall.

No one wants false reviews. On the other way, the test for defining how well it works should be fair.

It was not.

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

9 minutes ago, NubCak said:

i mean...if the die is the highest point, then the waterblock would still cool the die, your VRMs and mosfets and ram chips may suffer due to using a probably thicker thermal pad though.

A graphics card isn't going to only thermal throttle because of the GPU.

Spoiler

3622-pcb-front.jpg

front.jpg

^Yup, looks the same to me.. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

On 9/4/2023 at 3:29 PM, IkeaGnome said:

If the manufacturer of a product states that it should work, it should work. If it doesn't work, the manufacturer is at least partially to blame.

Slowly, the haters could really start to differentiate...

1 minute ago, Basti0815 said:

If the manufacturer of a product states that it should work, it should work. If it doesn't work, the manufacturer is at least partially to blame.

Slowly, the haters could really start to differentiate...

Where did they say it should work?

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

55 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

A graphics card isn't going to only thermal throttle because of the GPU.

Reveal hidden contents

3622-pcb-front.jpg

front.jpg

^Yup, looks the same to me.. 

lol...very rarely do other components heat up faster than the core.

thats why you can use thermal epoxy and stick on shitty little heat sinks on the vrms and vram for non full coverage water blocks.

Rig 1                                                              Rig 2

DeepCool Macube 550                                  ThermalTake View 31 TG RGB

DeepCool Castle 360mm AIO RGB               FractalDesign Celsius S36 360mm AIO

R9-3900x oc'ed to 4.3ghz all core                  i7-970 oc'ed to 4.4ghz

ASUS X570 TUF                                            ASUS Sabertooth TUF X58

32GB G.Skill Tridentz RGB                            12gb Corsair

Gigabyte 5700 XT Gaming OC                      ASUS ROG STRIX RX480

Corsair RM850X                                            Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 750W RGB

Corsair MP600 NVME                                    Samsung 850 EVO

Adata SX8200 PRO NVME                            Intel 320

Seagate Barracuda                                        Seagate Barracuda x 3

Corsair K70 LUX w/MX Blue                          Western Digital Black x 1
Logitech G903 Lightspeed                             Corsair K70 LUX w/MX Blue 

MSI Optix 34" Ultrawide oc'ed to 120hz         Razer Mamba

Benq 28" oc'ed to 85hz

5 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

Where did they say it should work?

I thought they said "it might work but hasn't been tested with a 4090".

8 minutes ago, Erioch said:

Interestingly enough, even Adam said that in the video. They all knew it wouldn't work correctly. Painting it like they thought it would or Billet said it would is not correct.

Not so much at you, but more at the others that are saying that Billet said it would work correctly. 

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

May i ask why is this video still up? 

i mean the overall rating was hugely based on those pads if i recall correctly, but was trimmed out of the video.. and there are several issue information wise about the mice too, not even asterisk this time and it was reviewed during this whole "drama"... leaves bad taste in my mouth tbh. I cant help it.

5 hours ago, neyoneit said:

i mean the overall rating was hugely based on those pads if i recall correctly, but was trimmed out of the video.. and there are several issue information wise about the mice too, not even asterisk this time and it was reviewed during this whole "drama"... leaves bad taste in my mouth tbh. I cant help it.

There is no "overall rating." It's a Short Circuit, and he gave his personal impressions of mice.

22 hours ago, Erioch said:

that's still misleading as hell...

wait... this is all about,  a shitty waterblock? 🤣

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

So, I appreciate the videos and the apologies. The whole situation does suck but at least it had time to be dealt with and I do hope LTT does bounce back with better / more accurate content in the future. I just feel like there is still one thing that has not been really addressed, an apology / understanding of where LTT is on the issue. It's what really started this whole thing, the LTT labs tour video where the employee states the difference between LTT and Hardware Unboxed and Gamers Nexus is they test new hardware every time. You need to know that while people believe / blame Steve for "burning the bridge" between LTT and GN, that statement the employee made is what started the flames to begin with. While yes, these news outlets are "competition", if you look at the end goal of them all they are here to give us information and help protect us from crappy products and company decisions. Every one of these outlets have encouraged us to check out other channels reviews to make a well rounded decision, something you would not hear if they were serious competitors. 

So what I am wondering is if we will get an apology from that employee, not to us but to GN and Hardware Unboxed, and an understanding of where LTT is after this. Is LTT going to be part of the YouTube reviewer community space again without attack (at least not without proof like Steve did), or does LTT see themselves as a loner in the space where they have to distance themselves from other channels, not associating with them anymore. I watched the "we are going on a break" and "we are back, here is what we did" videos from LTT, and I did not hear anything about training the employees that it may not be the best idea to publicly (at least seriously) attack other review channels without proof of what you are saying. So unless it is buried in the 373 pages of this post somewhere, I have not seen / heard an apology and understanding of where LTT is in the reviewer space since this, and I feel that would answer many questions on where LTT is on this in the space. 

29 minutes ago, acerayl said:

So unless it is buried in the 373 pages of this post somewhere, I have not seen / heard an apology and understanding of where LTT is in the reviewer space since this, and I feel that would answer many questions on where LTT is on this in the space. 

There are a few things; the employee who made the comment isn't with LMG anymore.

At least by some speculations (based on Tim's liked tweet); it appears he was let go instead of quitting...and it appears as though a second employee quit after all this stuff because it was sort of the last straw kind of deal.

At least by what was said by him, it seems as though he felt that nothing really would change (I'm paraphrasing from memory so could be wrong).

There really hasn't been much of an apology, but I think the bridges were burned well before this...back in the "Trust me bro" days.  Gamers Nexus called out Linus for the comments made on the WAN show, and Linus does what Linus seems to do so often; tries attacking the other person and gaslighting.

I think what probably trigger the GN video (or the rush), was more on the lines of Linus on the WAN show calling out GN for lack of journalistic integrity.  At this point, all I can really say is that Linus seems like a jerk towards anyone who calls him out (when Linus feels like he's right).

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

1 hour ago, wanderingfool2 said:

I think what probably trigger the GN video (or the rush), was more on the lines of Linus on the WAN show calling out GN for lack of journalistic integrity.  At this point, all I can really say is that Linus seems like a jerk towards anyone who calls him out (when Linus feels like he's right).

I think you are correct in that the last straw was when Linus referred to GN as unprofessional (without actually saying GN but it was clear who he was referring to) on the WAN in response to the "trust me bro" debacle the year before.

GN Steve said Tim's comment wasn't worth an response like the one HU Steve posted and I felt it was just some additional background on some of the "drama" already occurring. People just jumped on that and it steamrolled from there.

It sounds like GN Steve and Linus did talk/text after the initial video but I don't see anyone apologizing in public and at this point, it doesn't really matter.

3 hours ago, divito said:

There is no "overall rating." It's a Short Circuit, and he gave his personal impressions of mice.

If someone provides a buying recommendation, it's a review.

2 minutes ago, IKWMTY said:

If someone provides a buying recommendation, it's a review.

My recommendation is to ignore IKWMTY and let this thread die. In fact, ignore anyone who has that red hand on their profile picture - most of them clearly just joined this forum to fan flames.

21 minutes ago, ShardsSuperior said:

My recommendation is to ignore IKWMTY and let this thread die. In fact, ignore anyone who has that red hand on their profile picture - most of them clearly just joined this forum to fan flames.

1 person(s) has found this review to be helpful.

6 hours ago, wanderingfool2 said:

There are a few things; the employee who made the comment isn't with LMG anymore.

At least by some speculations (based on Tim's liked tweet); it appears he was let go instead of quitting...and it appears as though a second employee quit after all this stuff because it was sort of the last straw kind of deal.

At least by what was said by him, it seems as though he felt that nothing really would change (I'm paraphrasing from memory so could be wrong).

There really hasn't been much of an apology, but I think the bridges were burned well before this...back in the "Trust me bro" days.  Gamers Nexus called out Linus for the comments made on the WAN show, and Linus does what Linus seems to do so often; tries attacking the other person and gaslighting.

Thanks for the update. I left Twitter x Twitter a while ago so I am not up-to-date on tweets unless someone speaks of it here. 

11 hours ago, wanderingfool2 said:

Some people don't take correction well no matter how politely it is offered.  To be corrected feels like an attack.  In short his reaction to being corrected when he thinks he is right is very common and very ... human.   Aren't we all jerks sometimes? 

13 hours ago, Uttamattamakin said:

Some people don't take correction well no matter how politely it is offered.  To be corrected feels like an attack.  In short his reaction to being corrected when he thinks he is right is very common and very ... human.   Aren't we all jerks sometimes? 

Everyone's jerks sometimes, and it's okay to initially have a knee jerk reaction; but Linus conduct before and after really has shown how he can lack empathy or even levelheaded ness.

GN didn't really even enter into the whole labs vs GN until after Linus was the one who essentially called GN out for journalistic integrity.  The whole "trust me bro" stuff had happened months earlier; so at that point Linus really was just calling out GN for something that had no point in being talked about (trying to almost drag GN into this type of debate).

Not really related either, but the way LMG conducts themselves is sometimes just disturbing that they think it's somehow right.

Rants about bad painters, from everything he has described it sounds like he is "one of those clients".  One who looks over your shoulder and questions them saying they are doing it wrong (there was a professional painter who broke down things that Linus said were wrong)

During the whole OceanGate stuff; they literally made a joke about using a controller to operate (a clear jab at OceanGate).  With the lack of respect that people lost their lives, it's not something to make jokes about (iirc it was released within like a week of announcing that the people died)

Stated a product was < $1000, even though it was $5000+; and still hasn't corrected the video

The whole playstation rant (one where I suspect legal might have been involved by Sony in regards to his essential apology video)

The WAN show commentary of the Billet; that to me is disgusting

The gliders on the mouse; and yet he somehow thinks he shouldn't have to disclose who gives him products and relationship with those companies with is quote "anyone with a functioning brainstem" can tell.  Yet his presenters can't figure out a plastic sticker.

Made incorrect statements about Musk, only to have to correct it the week after and then go on another rant using more incorrect information

Overall, Linus has shown that he is not someone to be trusted, and for the better part he lets his ego and thinking he's above the law essentially prevail.

23 hours ago, ShardsSuperior said:

Letting the past be forgotten can lead to no changes being done and no accountability.  Until LMG has proven to change, I think it's important to keep it very on the minds of people and to keep calling out LMG until they decide to change.

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

Linus is simply person of LMG. Founder, main host, CVO, former CEO, shareholder. But he's not the whole LMG.

LMG lacked in professionality, quality control, respect for companies which provided the products... for "supposed unboxings" (yet too much shortreview) or for "supposed reviews" (Billet Labs waterblock might also be total trash, but this kind of test is simply unaceptable).

No apologies. Yet, no pulldown for videos, yet joking during "What we do now?" video, with only the CFO speaking about "errors". Not CVO, not the host. No apologies..

This won't go under the rug.

About errors during the reviews or the unboxings, might happen. It's not fine, but again... might happen. Improptu frase from Jake Tivy about supposed quality of ASUS GPUs definitely should not happen, even in sponsored content. Because assuming what did you not tested is quite close to a lie. As sponsored content, you need to talk about the true advantages of the product. If a company or a host "lie" for a sponsor it's generating a strong loss of credibility.

(FWIW, i think that Asus gamecards are just fine, but i'm not an host about products!)

About "LMG screws up big time, sometimes"... dishwasher keyboard cleanup. Yep. How many keyboards make that video die?

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

2 hours ago, wanderingfool2 said:

Everyone's jerks sometimes, and it's okay to initially have a knee jerk reaction; but Linus conduct before and after really has shown how he can lack empathy or even levelheaded ness.

You make him sound thoroughly mad, bad, and dangerous to know.  Like he's Caligula. Overseeing a min empire of debauchery  

Speaking of whom.  Give a great deal of influence, an a reasonable measure of money and power to someone .... on the young side... and you get Linus 9 times out of 10.   Everything you said is true and it would make sense to be done with Linus.  

I hope the recent events lead him to think things over and try to do better. 

(I should talk.  I've compared him to Hank Scorpio a bod villain like character from a Simpsosn episode.)