How did you guys learn to type?

lani100

haha I remember runescape I can't believe that game is still around. Now you have to down load it and the  graphics are still just as shitty as ever

No it's still a browser game, the client usually works better. For some reason I've stuck with it all this time and even if I forget about nostalgia... the new one is keen on eradicating all traces of the old game and going down the path of WoW with pay to win and casual garbage. Oh well, I'll never forget the typing lessons.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

No it's still a browser game, the client usually works better. For some reason I've stuck with it all this time and even if I forget about nostalgia... the new one is keen on eradicating all traces of the old game and going down the path of WoW with pay to win and casual garbage. Oh well, I'll never forget the typing lessons.

really? last time I played it they only gave me a download and didn't give me an option to play on the web browser what is the link?

current build and total cost   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/150083-thrift-shop-build/

I apologize for my crappy English I'm American

I learned typing on some win xp laptop, but i really started improving with my old microsoft sidewinder and now i have the steelseries 6gv2 which im even faster with. My mother always told me to go to a course to learn 10 fingers, but guess what, im faster than the fucking teacher without it lol

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

really? last time I played it they only gave me a download and didn't give me an option to play on the web browser what is the link?

That was probably the stupid "HEY HOWS IT GOIN YOU'RE NEW HERE RIGHT?" page. If you get past that and use the home page then you should be able to find this one

http://www.runescape.com/game

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

I leaned through use. My family have had computers over the years and I simply learned from experience. I have now reached a good 80 WPM on a standard keyboard and on my phone I have reached around 120 WPM so it kind of varies.

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

Learned it back then after building my first pc (pentium 2) I wanted to learn about stuffs

I remember playing delta force (1st one) online with my dial up.

I was asking people how do they lag(because I thought lagging = dodging) they just disappear and appear like teleporting lol.

dunno if half the people here have tried that really old game.

Live your life like a dream.

Had a typewriter as a kid and a computer at our nursery so I learnt to type when I was old enough to read and write.  By about 5 I could type properly with my limited vocabulary.

My writing was slower than typing with the one finger method. I eventually with some lessons each day at school from grades 3-6 I learnt how to touch type.

It's taken years, but I can now watch TV, as I am doing now, and touch type perfectly well.

I can be a cynical a**hole at times. I apologize if I cause any offence at those time. I also occasionally have issues communicating my point. Extreme introversion + Photographic memory + Some other things.

Desktop: i5-4670k - 8gb 1600MHz - MSI 7850

Laptop: i7-4810QM - GTX 870m - 8gb RAM

I learned to read by typing xD SOOOOOOO yeaaaah

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

Mechanical typewriter, you had to really pound on those keys to get the thing moving.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

chatting on online games :P

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

School, but i learnt just by looking at the keyboard.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Just type the more you do something the better you get

Eclipse Version 3: i5 9600K | Asus Strix Z390| GTX 1070 | 16GB Kingston Beast | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD [2] +WD Blue 1TB | NZXT H440 | EVGA 750 W | Dark Rock Pro 4| Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium

Learned from alot of gaming and IM from when I was smaller.

Just 2 fingers, I just can't go to 10 fingers, I've been doing 2 for too long, and I look sometimes.

I had like 3 typing classes in middle and high-school but I never went to all ten.

I really don't find it all that hindering, I rarely think fast enough to need to type to keep up with my thoughts. 

Maybe I'm dumb :P

Edit: I just tried typing with all ten, and I just can't, my brain rejects it. It makes me makes me type so slowly, I hate it

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

• 3 weeks later...

9 fingers without looking, learned by, well,...Time

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

Typing class back in 7th or 8th grade. Even then, I still looked, but now I don't.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I had it since I was born.

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Many years of computer-ing. And then a word processing class made it so I can type without having to look at all, ever,

Playing years of runescape taught me to not look

CPU AMD FX 8350 @5GHz. Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z. RAM 8GB G.Skill Sniper. GPU Reference Sapphire Radeon R9 290X. Case Fractal Design Define XL R2. Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD and 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K. PSU XFX 850BEFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold. Cooler XSPC RayStorm

Just started pressing the buttons and after 10 years+ I can type the way I do today :)

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC