EU to fit every car in the EU with tracker chips, supposedly to help emergency services

Jobobee

I dont know why you would even half love it? With any hope UKIP will win the next general election.

So that they can remove paid maternity leave and raise income tax for the lowest income brackets?

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

So that they can remove paid maternity leave and raise income tax for the lowest income brackets?

The point of removing maternity leave is to make it easier for employers to hire people. A flat tax rate (amongst other things they propose) makes it easier for businesses to be ran and wealth to be created.

Government interference with business is proven to have detrimental effects.

If you had any experience in business or investment banking their policies and ideas would be much easier to understand.

That's the stupidest shit I've ever heard. Thank god I'm not in Europe. This is going too far. The government is trying to track EVERYTHING we do? 

Just another reason why Britain needs to leave the EU as fast as possible...

How do we know they won't use this to invade our privacy???

The British government would do this even if it was outside the EU. Having it as an EU directive will make its adoption quicker and easier.

It wouldn't surprise me if this spread to other market very quickly considering how many cars are made for export in the EU.

we all know how this will be abused

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

doesnt companies like ON-star already do this. i dont mind it, unless i had a life of crime or something.

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

That would take a lot of car manufacturers out of business, and would make overtaking more dangerous. Much safer to quickly zip past someone than to take so long that you have to have a lot of space before the next car comes by on the oncoming lane if it's a single carriageway.

Yea but you shouldn't be overtaking at higher speeds then the maximum speed limit. And you shouldn't be overtaking a fast moving car. It's more dangerous to overtake at higher than higher speeds than 60/70. The maximum speed limit isn't there to advise that is the maximum speed limit for the road.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Yea but you shouldn't be overtaking at higher speeds then the maximum speed limit. And you shouldn't be overtaking a fast moving car. It's more dangerous to overtake at higher than higher speeds than 60/70. The maximum speed limit isn't there to advise that is the maximum speed limit for the road.

If someone is doing 50 mph in a 60 area, it's safer to overtake as fast as you can.

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

This will be abuse there is no doubt about that. After your accident you get a call from your insurance "sorry but ur car is not covered since u accelerated/decelerated too hard before ur accident" or "u were driving at night and visibility was low". Not to mention this is a nice method of tracking ur car for speeding fines. If this is compulsory you should atleast have say who the information is given to.

What about bumper bashings will it still call emergency services (hopefully not it will just waist emergency services time) or must the accident be more sever.

If someone is doing 50 mph in a 60 area, it's safer to overtake as fast as you can.

Yea but you shouldn't overtake above the speed limit of the road you are on. It is illegal. If the jam saw you doing it they would pull you over and you would get 3 strikes or whatever it is. You could lose your license. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

this is good and bad.

i like things like that. it's good for most people and bad for some.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Well... One more reason to not get a modern car...

What next? Mandatory tracker chips to people's brains?

While I know this is used to help in emergencies, this will be abused in as many ways as possible.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

inb4 NSA gets access to these servers.

Im sure your too late for that Lol.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

i've got an aftermarket one hidden in my car. But im not sure if i'd like one thats not installed by me. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Dat Big Brother potential...

I really hope it doesn't get used for something like that, but something tells me that it will. Honestly, I'd just find out where this little device is in the car and remove it, so long as it wasn't too awfully tricky to get to.

COMIC SANS

Dat Big Brother potential...

I really hope it doesn't get used for something like that, but something tells me that it will. Honestly, I'd just find out where this little device is in the car and remove it, so long as it wasn't too awfully tricky to get to.

It might not be that simple. The car's system could have checks in

place to make sure the device is still there and hasn't been tampered

with, otherwise the car might just not start. Of course, it might be

hackable, but it could be made illegal to do so, so you'd need to find

somebody with the skillset and the willingness to do it. Highly

skilled people willing to go against the law can be tricky to find

and hire.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

It might not be that simple. The car's system could have checks in

place to make sure the device is still there and hasn't been tampered

with, otherwise the car might just not start. Of course, it might be

hackable, but it could be made illegal to do so, so you'd need to find

somebody with the skillset and the willingness to do it. Highly

skilled people willing to go against the law can be tricky to find

and hire.

When there's a will, there's a way. 

COMIC SANS

skynet here we go. iphones with fingerprint scanners and gps tracking, call recording etc. Cars that track where you go and what you do. google glass that sees everything you do. self driving cars. 

Oh god we're dead

jk i understand that skynet won't probably happen but jokes man

Main Rig: Cpu: Intel Core i7 4790k CPU Cooler: NH_d15 GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD7970 Windforce III MOBO: Msi Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: HyperX Fury 1600 8gb white SSD: Samsung 840 evo 250gb PSU: Corsair CX750M Case: NZXT H630 white

PC peripherals: Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster T27B550 Keyboard: Logitech G105 Mouse: Logitech G700s Headphones: Logitech G430 

When there's a will, there's a way.

True, my point is merely that it might not be as simple as

just removing the device, the process of ridding a car of

such a device might be a bit trickier.

Not impossible, but trickier.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

True, my point is merely that it might not be as simple as

just removing the device, the process of ridding a car of

such a device might be a bit trickier.

Not impossible, but trickier.

True true, and I hope they don't do some tricky BS and route some of the car's systems through it.

But either way...

Famous-characters-Troll-face-Challenge-a

COMIC SANS

Yea but you shouldn't overtake above the speed limit of the road you are on. It is illegal. If the jam saw you doing it they would pull you over and you would get 3 strikes or whatever it is. You could lose your license. 

So you are advising overtaking at a slower speed yes? So you are advising that person to be on the wrong side of the road for a much longer period of time. The safest thing is to get by the person as quickly as possible and move back into the correct side of the road. I am not going to accelerate up to the speed limit and then wait at that speed until I get passed the person. I am going to pass and get back onto the correct side of the road as quickly as possible. The longer I spend on the wrong side of the road, the more danger I am in.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

Not sure how I feel about this....

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

So you are advising overtaking at a slower speed yes? So you are advising that person to be on the wrong side of the road for a much longer period of time. The safest thing is to get by the person as quickly as possible and move back into the correct side of the road. I am not going to accelerate up to the speed limit and then wait at that speed until I get passed the person. I am going to pass and get back onto the correct side of the road as quickly as possible. The longer I spend on the wrong side of the road, the more danger I am in.

No what I am saying is that if you have to overtake above your country's speed limit you probably didn't need to overtake to begin with. It is illegal to overtake above the speed limit as it is illegal to drive above the speed limit. You can do what you want but if you get pulled over by a cop you can't argue your case, it just won't happen. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

The point of removing maternity leave is to make it easier for employers to hire people.

You mean to replace someone who needs to take time off to care for their newborn?

The point of maternity leave is to allow a mother to care for a new baby, who will presumably grow up and contribute to society and the economy (which is kind of important).

Removing it would probably hurt business, especially if the employee in question has been there a long time. Having to train someone new is expensive, and they'll be far less effective than a seasoned employee. I think they can afford to lose an employee for X weeks.

Also, paid maternity leave is a benefit that people will consider when looking for work, especially in the U.S. where we lag behind almost every industrialized nation on Earth in maternity leave.

ON TOPIC:

If more lives get saved because of this tech, then it was worth it. There will always be people worrying about whether some new fangled invention will lead to repression of civil liberty, but the world is pretty good on the whole.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking