Building a $100,000 PC for Minecraft

Shahrad
1 hour ago, Brando1879 said:

They used the Asus PG41UQ monitor for the main display, yet they don't mention, nor has any reviewer mentioned, the issue with the firmware that causes the screen to go blank every 4 hours, for 6 minutes, to do a forced pixel refresh. Asus seems to be unwilling to do anything about the firmware issue with this monitor. I have the 48UQ and this happens like clockwork, and it is extremely annoying. If you keep the older firmware installed (V16), you get washed out colors in HDR that is fixed with later firmware (V25, V 26) but then have to deal with the forced pixel refresh. This is unacceptable for a $1400 monitor. Linus stated how they will hold sponsors feet to the fire, will they do the same with this? 

PG48UQ Black screen and HDR issues - Republic of Gamers Forum - 898754 (asus.com)

This is only an issue with the 48in. My 42in is perfectly fine and does not have any of the issues you mentioned with the newest firmware. You can even check that the firmware is different for our monitors. 

edit: grammar

I have this monitor, the mount is standard vesa, but you just need a 100x100 to 300x300 adapter which is easily available on Amazon. Make sure your arm mount can support up to 40lbs though! 

surprised you didn't just hack more legs in parallel to deal with the weight 

23 minutes ago, vinc3nzo said:

This is only an issue with the 48in. My 42in is perfectly fine and does not have any of the issues you mentioned with the newest firmware. You can even check that the firmware is different for our monitors. 

edit: grammar

Ok, thanks for letting me know, but I think that speaks worse of Asus because the only difference is the size and they can't push a firmware update so that they operate the same? 

No warranty on a 100k system sure is something. Hope they give Karl whatever documentation he needs to manage on his own or to get someone to help.

47 minutes ago, CyberneticTitan said:

No warranty on a 100k system sure is something. Hope they give Karl whatever documentation he needs to manage on his own or to get someone to help.

most is free item donation and such.

the water block is epic thru

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

i can't believe after all that it basically makes minecraft just look like teardown , a game that runs on anything with no raytracing

I am here to correct Linus, he stated at ~30 seconds that this PC was "a ballad to the bourgeosie"... But this PC at 100k USD is nothing more than nails on a chalkboard to the bourgeosie. As the bourgeosie are the middle class, and correct me if I am wrong but, I don't know that many people in the middle class that can palate the opulence of spending 100k on a computer. 

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

For 100K, you could have outfitted a Sprinter Van as the ultimate Minecraft machine that can go anywhere.

Engineering solutions for computers to coexist is moving vehicles could have been fun and useful.

I agree with some comments on youtube whole desk can be a gigant water radiator but this is more on industrial aesthetics

Does anyone know the keyboard that was used in the video?

10 hours ago, emosun said:

i can't believe after all that it basically makes minecraft just look like teardown , a game that runs on anything with no raytracing

I mean Minecraft (specially the Java version) is just badly optimized, it's very easy to drop from 800 fps to 100 just by adding a "high" resolution texture pack. The Bedrock version that's made from scratch in C++ on the other hand runs much faster but almost nobody plays due to lack of mods.

I'm really curious to know what shader and texture pack they were running on the tests, it was barely at 60 fps lol

Honestly i wonder why bother with watercooling at 100k when you could have just gone for some very beefy phase change cooling on the cpu, gpu, and rams for constant subzero temps, with some overclocking then this 100k desk would be deserving of such a title as the best gaming pc

the board is an actual oc board and not a dressed up content creator board (looking at you z790 maximus) and yet the rams gotta be downclocked to 5600 while ocers like luumi out there running 8000+ ddr5 with ambient cooling on the same board, and this is a 13900ks with a binned imc so 5600 is just a snails pace speed

all it really excells in is looks which imo is done to death, do something performance oriented while still looking good, im sure ppl would be interested in cascade phase change shenanigans rather than the same old fancy looks + pedestrian consumer hardware + hardline watercooling

3 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

~for constant subzero temps~

Remember this is a PC for a Minecraft youtuber with questionable technical abilities.  I'd personally love something like that.. but making sure it works consistently for someone across the continent is another thing all together. Same goes for the 5600MT/s RAM, I just downclocked it a scootch to ensure the PC never crashes.

8 hours ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

I am here to correct Linus, he stated at ~30 seconds that this PC was "a ballad to the bourgeosie"... But this PC at 100k USD is nothing more than nails on a chalkboard to the bourgeosie. As the bourgeosie are the middle class, and correct me if I am wrong but, I don't know that many people in the middle class that can palate the opulence of spending 100k on a computer. 

They are only the "middle class" when compared to peasantry and aristocracy.  Bourgeoisie, especially haute or ancienne bourgeoisie, could certainly be wealthier than aristocrats but they did not have hereditary titles.

There's no real analogue to today's "middle class" in a capitalist society.  We are all bourgeoisie.

3 hours ago, saucytaco said:

Does anyone know the keyboard that was used in the video?

It looks like an Angrymiao Cyberboard.

22 hours ago, CaptainClams said:

What is the monitor arm/rail system that was used?

22 hours ago, Tjorchel said:

I'd like to know that, too.

22 hours ago, BaconActual said:

Came here for this as well!!!! I gots to know!

20 hours ago, Sch1lly said:

Same! What mount is it?!

The 2x upright posts were M!ka System Poles (Yellowtec YT3641), the cross-beam was a 6' section of 3" x 1-1/2" dual T-Slot aluminum extrusion cut to fit (McMaster 47065T599), the left & right vertical monitors were each on 1x M!ka Monitor Arm M (Yellowtec YT3630) & 1x Pivot Monitor Arm Adapter (YT3278) which was cut to fit, the center monitor was on the VARIO Vesa Adapter Kit + bracket (Sim Lab 1143-3049), and a number of misc bits and bobs to make it all mount together.

2 hours ago, AlexTheGreatish said:

Remember this is a PC for a Minecraft youtuber with questionable technical abilities.  I'd personally love something like that.. but making sure it works consistently for someone across the continent is another thing all together. Same goes for the 5600MT/s RAM, I just downclocked it a scootch to ensure the PC never crashes.

Oh right its 64gb dual rank forgot about that, imc on both sides still rubbish at dual rank atm so that kinda sucks

I assume youve already hammered the cpu gpu and rams with some stability tests?  i mean downclocking isnt really gonna be useful if it still crashes right =p

Btw curious what other funny cooling shenanigans you guys gonna attempt in the future cause atm phase change tec cooling waterchiller have already been done alongside some goofy ones (what was that cooling method with the pc on fire? I forgot), i mean linus literally built a waterchiller for oc shenanigans back in the day so i assume now once hes stepped down from the position of ceo theres problably gonna be more whacky cooling ideas

i still need to gather some money from pc flipping so aside from tec cooling my p5q northbridge (did like nothing for fsb) and an unfinished ghetto loop i still havent done anything interesting in terms of oc in the 4 or so years ive been into this hobby (age 12 iirc) so while im doing that atleast i can watch some goofy cooling ideas from ltt, maybe replicate a few for myself if they happen to be good or actually efficient for the ones that draw power like phase change, so far only the car radiator is what ive replicated but still unfinished due to laziness and honestly at this rate ill problably just skip to phase change

19 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Btw curious what other funny cooling shenanigans you guys gonna attempt in the future

Hard to say.  Feel like there are a couple more videos featuring the industrial chiller before we get bored of it, hard to compete with the reliability of that thing

Just now, AlexTheGreatish said:

Hard to say.  Feel like there are a couple more videos featuring the industrial chiller before we get bored of it, hard to compete with the reliability of that thing

honestly i forgot if ive watched it before or no but ill just give it a watch rn to see what you are talking about

and i didnt know the ltt staff is actually somewhat active in the forums but thats problably just because i hang out in the hardware section and rarely ever go to the ltt section