Building a $100,000 PC for Minecraft

Shahrad
15 minutes ago, AlexTheGreatish said:

Hard to say.  Feel like there are a couple more videos featuring the industrial chiller before we get bored of it, hard to compete with the reliability of that thing

welp found the video and yea still unable to cool a 13900k

i assume you guys will attempt to cool the lounge with it? Though with that many pcs temps will problably be garbage if ran in series but i do see some potential if each of the pcs gets their own tube from the chiller

i do have a suggestion which is direct water over die cooling so instead of having a medium like copper or something with a waterblock you just run the water straight over the cpu die, ive seen it done on ancient watercooling setups and i wanna try it myself but seems like a pain to pull off on intel with mounting and i dont have an am3 board to accomodate this fx 4100 i have laying around (cheap to buy but im currently focused on grinding up some money to buy a car), after june 6 i should have some money to finally fund my passion with goofy oc shenanigans so maybe ill make a forum post whenever i get around to any of the projects i plan and i have quite a few of them (bga rework station, phase change cooling, beefy car rad loop, water over die cooling, dice cooling, etc.), man if only i got more money when i was 15 maybe my projects would look impressive but ive just turned 16 and now im no longer impressive =(  but oh well i do this shit for fun anyways so whatever

14 minutes ago, AlexTheGreatish said:

Hard to say.  Feel like there are a couple more videos featuring the industrial chiller before we get bored of it, hard to compete with the reliability of that thing

you should attempt to use the chiller in a cascade refrigerant system to condense the refrigerant in the second stage and try to get sub-zero temps under load on a cpu like the hot garbage 13th gen stuff.
I'm guessing the easiest way is to bust out previous attempts at phase change cooling and replace the condenser with a plate and frame heat exchanger (which exist for actual aircon applications) and maybe a better compressor if you want to actually engineer it instead of just yolo

2 hours ago, AlexTheGreatish said:

New side hustle, using the chiller to bin CPU's 🤔

Oh wow it looks like they used one of my Resource packs in this video(for like 10 seconds at 13:40)! Thanks for the recognition haha.
Little bit annoyed that you guys picked the oldest, worst version of it to show off, but other than that you did a pretty alright job of making it look good!

21 hours ago, AlexTheGreatish said:

I would love to see the engineering math behind the triple loop configuration, and what benefits that has over just a single loop with parallel cooling lines.  I feel like that comparison could be a video all on its own.  

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X  | Motherboard: ASROCK B450 pro4 | RAM: 2x16GB  | GPU: MSI NVIDIA RTX 2060 | Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S | SSD: Samsung 980 Evo 1T 

On 5/23/2023 at 1:23 PM, LMGcommunity said:

The 2x upright posts were M!ka System Poles (Yellowtec YT3641), the cross-beam was a 6' section of 3" x 1-1/2" dual T-Slot aluminum extrusion cut to fit (McMaster 47065T599), the left & right vertical monitors were each on 1x M!ka Monitor Arm M (Yellowtec YT3630) & 1x Pivot Monitor Arm Adapter (YT3278) which was cut to fit, the center monitor was on the VARIO Vesa Adapter Kit + bracket (Sim Lab 1143-3049), and a number of misc bits and bobs to make it all mount together.

Thank you for this information!!  Signed up to come ask this very thing.

Do you have details on the camera mount as well?

4 hours ago, chrishas35 said:

Thank you for this information!!  Signed up to come ask this very thing.

Do you have details on the camera mount as well?

The camera arm is attached to the top of the upright M!ka System Pole and is 1x M!ka Mic Arm M (Yellowtec YT3601) along with 1x M!ka CamStud (Yellowtec YT3277).

Linus: So I assigned it to Alex!

Me: Well, that was your first mistake! Alex is the king of jank! Lovable amazing jank, but jank nonetheless. 😉

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy