I’m never going outside again - EcoFlow BLADE Showcase

Sveeno

Aren't you supposed to like, not mow your grass very often? 'Cause it's bad for it and all. Seems like a waste of money. It only works well when the terrain is flat, and only if the grass is below a certain height. Despite having a lidar sensor, it sucks at getting around obstacles, it can't even mow and sweep at the same time. God forbid the GPS signal isn't that good in your area 'cause it won't work then either. It seems like too much work and too much money for what is essentially a toy. You'd be better off spending the hour once 3-4 weeks to mow your lawn, or better yet, pay someone to do it if you can't muster up the time or are too lazy. Much better than paying 3.5k for a toy. This makes those little puck shaped 150$ robot vaccums you find on Amazon look like good investments

8 hours ago, Sveeno said:

Hey, sorry you're having issues with this!

I just tried the code for myself and it seems to be working on my end. See the screenshot below for reference:

image.png

Can I ask where you are trying to purchase from? Let me know and I'll talk to my contact at EcoFlow

Thanks,

TWO THOUSAND SIX FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS?! For the toy offspring of a weed whacker and a Roomba?

I'm all for a series on "techie homeowner stuff", but why not cover something practical like cordless electric push mowers? If those of us who are lucky enough to own homes with yards are going to drop that kind of money on a mower, it's probably going to be a ride-on.

27 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Aren't you supposed to like, not mow your grass very often?

Last year I mowed my yard about once a month. That's all it needed, but it was an unusually dry year. I spent more time with the mower picking up leaves in the fall.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

1 hour ago, Needfuldoer said:

TWO THOUSAND SIX FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS?! For the toy offspring of a weed whacker and a Roomba?

That's the pre-order sale price, it's normally $2899. Also doesn't include the sweeper attachment. If you want the sweeper attachment to go with it its normal price is $3599.

I have no idea why a plastic bucket with some brushes costs an extra $700. The much larger sweepers that are towed behind ride on mowers are only $300-$500.

image.png

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

I'm surprised the sponsor signed off on this video. This video has brought up so many negatives about the  product it's almost advertising against it.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

I'll make sure to buy am automated lawn mower if I want to come home to all my pets spread across the yard in a bloody mess.

I think you are all missing the point. As someone who's elderly  and has health issues, I have to hire a gardener to mow my lawn. Something like this could work out a lot cheaper!

14 hours ago, poochyena said:

just far too expensive

People who will buy this will have a lot of lawn. People who have alot of lawn are often rich. This is a product for the rich, the pricetag dosen't matter. 

13 minutes ago, GodAtum said:

I think you are all missing the point. As someone who's elderly  and has health issues, I have to hire a gardener to mow my lawn. Something like this could work out a lot cheaper!

Idk how much the lawn mowing rate for some neighbours kid is nowadays, but lets say they need an hour and get $25 for it. That's 120 mows before you paid the same amount. Depending on your regional rate of grass growth that's several years worth.

And do you really expect most elders will bother with this kind of setup and be able to troubleshoot if something is wrong?

My grandparents can barely use their non-smart cell phones.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

it's a dumb mower cosplaying as a Boston Dynamics Bot.

Straight in the toilet, don't let them cook.

53 minutes ago, GodAtum said:

Ah yes, because that's what most elderly people are: tech literate.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

19 minutes ago, GodAtum said:

If you are interested in a robotic lawn mower I would recommend checking out other options as well. Robotic lawn mowers have been around for over 20 years so there's plenty of other companies that offer similar robotic lawn mowers, many of which are significantly cheaper. Looking at some Australian websites robotic lawn mowers start at $1000 AUD (approx 550 pounds). I'm not sure how those cheaper ones compare to the more expensive ones; you'd need to do the research to find out what would work best for your yard.

If you're paying 100 pounds for a gardener I would expect them to be doing a lot more than just mow the lawn. I'd expect a professional job on the lawn including edging, plants trimmed, clean up, and other odd gardening jobs like weeding. A robotic lawn mower won't replace a gardener, though it might reduce how often you need to hire them.

47 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

And do you really expect most elders will bother with this kind of setup and be able to troubleshoot if something is wrong?

My grandparents can barely use their non-smart cell phones.

7 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Ah yes, because that's what most elderly people are: tech literate.

Don't dismiss people just because they're old. If they're on a tech forum I am sure they are savvy enough to figure out how to use an app to set up a mower. If they get stuck they can always ask for help.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

32 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Don't dismiss people just because they're old. If they're on a tech forum I am sure they are savvy enough to figure out how to use an app to set up a mower. If they get stuck they can always ask for help.

Maybe that sounds harsh, but it's true. Older people with an affinity for tech are the exception. And older people that can afford a $3000 (or $3600) lawn mower are just as rare.

4 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

I'm surprised the sponsor signed off on this video. This video has brought up so many negatives about the  product it's almost advertising against it.

Lol I guess it shows LTT's transparency? Showing you all the struggles, limitations and initial impressions. Linus didn't even recommend you to go and buy this product lol.

As a city-dweller who has never mown a lawn and never will, this seemed pretty interesting. I don't think I will buy this either if I ever have a lawn but it's still cool to watch it go. It reminds me of the vacuum bot in my apartment. Does 80% of the job, cant reach tight corners or the edge but it saves me alot of time when I do my weekly cleaning. 

12 hours ago, Spotty said:

It's hard to believe this was a sponsored video when it made it look so much worse than a regular lawn mower. I guess LTT can only work with what they're given.

as any sponsor work with as given, too bad it looked more like to push the product, even if wasnt. then again, a lot of these sponsored products seem like that or what to compare to. Like most sponsored ads for tech, often being worse and cost more, like with most youtube ad products, doing hype only.

1 hour ago, crazzp said:

Lol I guess it shows LTT's transparency? Showing you all the struggles, limitations and initial impressions. Linus didn't even recommend you to go and buy this product lol.

As a city-dweller who has never mown a lawn and never will, this seemed pretty interesting. I don't think I will buy this either if I ever have a lawn but it's still cool to watch it go. It reminds me of the vacuum bot in my apartment. Does 80% of the job, cant reach tight corners or the edge but it saves me alot of time when I do my weekly cleaning. 

I'd like to imagine there is someone out there with an artificial turf front lawn that owns this machine and has it "mow" their lawn every day, just to look normal or cool for the neighbors.

5 hours ago, maskmcgee said:

People who will buy this will have a lot of lawn.

but thats the thing, this thing isn't good for huge lawns. Its so small and slow at cutting and will need to be emptied a lot.

5 hours ago, maskmcgee said:

People who have alot of lawn are often rich. This is a product for the rich, the pricetag dosen't matter. 

Price tage absolutely does matter for rich people. They care about value just as much as anyone else. The value this brings over just hiring some workers to cut your lawn is minimal. I'm not sure there is any benefit to this over just hiring someone else to mow your lawn for you. In the average north american climate, you'd only be cutting grass once every 2 weeks for ~8 months of the year. The mower will likely break by the time its cheaper compared to hiring people instead.

For those who don't follow the lawn automation scene, RTK lawn mowers are relatively new. It's just this year that they started taking off. And they all cost well over 2k.

After watching the video I must admit this is probably the worst performing one of them all. The ability to navigate is everything and this thing can't even handle small slopes. This is like buying a car that can't run!

I have a big but mostly empty yard and a robo-lawnmower would be sweet - I already have a couple roomba's in the house, right? And then you look for a good one and they're still around 2-5k USD, which is still too rich for my blood. But, you know, with time, that'll come down.

Also, I'm not sure what we're yelling about - how dare a tech channel look at a piece of tech

42 minutes ago, seanondemand said:

Also, I'm not sure what we're yelling about - how dare a tech channel look at a piece of tech

its okey. just felt like it needed more balancing or more on tech, than closer to an ad to showcase an item. to me it doesnt matter, it just didnt seem that interesting and factoring in the price, its fine if LTT is having fun and exploring new stuff, but unsure how different some of this content is compared to shortcircuit.

On 4/27/2023 at 5:00 AM, AndreiArgeanu said:

Aren't you supposed to like, not mow your grass very often? 'Cause it's bad for it and all. Seems like a waste of money. It only works well when the terrain is flat, and only if the grass is below a certain height. Despite having a lidar sensor, it sucks at getting around obstacles, it can't even mow and sweep at the same time. God forbid the GPS signal isn't that good in your area 'cause it won't work then either. It seems like too much work and too much money for what is essentially a toy. You'd be better off spending the hour once 3-4 weeks to mow your lawn, or better yet, pay someone to do it if you can't muster up the time or are too lazy. Much better than paying 3.5k for a toy. This makes those little puck shaped 150$ robot vaccums you find on Amazon look like good investments

Generally speaking, your general area has sufficent GPS (or GNSS) cover. The issue is more if you have heavy disturbance from trees or buildings. Don't expect good (on cm level) geolocation in a forrest or urban areas with tall buildings close to you.

But if it really has to shine, it needs RTK support to counter athmospherical disturbance ect.

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

14 hours ago, Quackers101 said:

its okey. just felt like it needed more balancing or more on tech, than closer to an ad to showcase an item. to me it doesnt matter, it just didnt seem that interesting and factoring in the price, its fine if LTT is having fun and exploring new stuff, but unsure how different some of this content is compared to shortcircuit.

this was an ad, which is what sponsored videos are.

and honestly this video wasn't great.  (being generous) 

Linus needs to get his lawn rolled flat, that'll make a huge difference.

• 2 weeks later...

kinda wanted to shoutout to "openmower".
build your own, just dont lose fingers, spinning knives are no joke or anything else at high speed.
but it might have been mentioned about before, just felt like adding it here too.

Edited by Quackers101