I’m never going outside again - EcoFlow BLADE Showcase

Sveeno

Thanks to EcoFlow for sponsoring this video! 🧊🌬️🌿 Click the link below, and use my code eflinustech and get an extra 8% off on Blade valid until May 26th. BLADE also has early bird prices with a 10% discount for limited stock, starting from April 26th.

EcoFlow Website: https://lmg.gg/EcoFlowWebsite

EcoFlow Amazon: https://lmg.gg/BladeAmazon

You've heard about robot vacuums, but what about a robot lawnmower? Gone are the days of spending a Sunday doing lawn work, now you can let the EcoFlow Blade take care of it for you.

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

why not just use like a 1kw+ fiber laser with a self adjustable focal point on a pivot that can sweep the whole yard and depth. 

People talk about the dangers of AI, but isn't it robots that will put so many people out of work which could be a social and economic disaster?

I just want an RC lawn mower. Is that so much to ask?

"Wider than most other mowers out there"? At 10 inches? That's less than half the width of my regular old gas push mower.

And yes, lawn mower racing is definitely a thing. Doesn't matter what it is, if it can move under its own power and more than one exist, people are going to race them!

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

A few notes. Garden care is complicated, but it doesn't have to be! Im no expert, im merely an enthusiast, so if i get some things wrong don't come at me. If LTT is going to do a series on these lawn care products, they should do some research on lawn care. 2" is rather short for grass to be cut at. 3" is ideal, any shorter and you can stress the grass, weakening it and inviting disease and weeds to take hold over it. Especially in the north where sun light is at a premium, grass likes to be a little longer. This advise comes from Mike McGrath, the Editor in Chief, Organic Gardening magazine and host of NPR's you bet your garden. You can find great tips for gardens and lawns HERE. I recommend using a mulcher mower. The clippings will provide nitrogen back into the soil, reducing the need of fertilizers. As for the trees, good luck. Likely the only thing that will ever grow under a tamarack is moss. The needles they drop are very alkaline, and the tree canopy limits the light available to anything brave enough to grow under them. I Highly recommend listening to You Bet Your Garden, if you are seriously interested in gardening, in a safe, and environmentally sustainable manure. He even has tips for those who are physically limited. Have fun, and get your hands dirty!

Edit, Source for Cutting height.

You can tell he's tasted money and liked it when 3 videos in a row are nothing but sponsored plugs. 

DISCLAIMER 

Everything i say is my own opinion. So if you disagree with what I post, you are wrong. 

i'm torn because i'm glad this thing exists for people who want it, and that its creators are conscious of the environmental impact, but also consider: lawns bad.

To be frank, I'm not used to having LTT whore out such a shittasic product.   If i could have thumbs down'd this video I would have.

I expect better for the limited time LMG has and the mountain of shit products that are likely pushed in front of you guys for sponsoring.

we've had a few mediocre videos in a row.. at this point a product showcase for a lawn mower just feels like a punch in the face.

i'm possibly the most "eh, it's free content, who cares" of the vocal people on the forum.. but this is the first LTT video in a  LONG time i felt like clicking away from.

it's not just that i dont care about the topic of the video, it's just that my "f*cks" have been eroded away too much, and i'd just rather go re-listen a podcast instead.

45 minutes ago, mitzvahmelting said:

i'm torn because i'm glad this thing exists for people who want it, and that its creators are conscious of the environmental impact, but also consider: lawns bad.

I actually want it rather then paying a gardener £100 a month

8 minutes ago, GodAtum said:

the discount code doesnt work

Hey, sorry you're having issues with this!

I just tried the code for myself and it seems to be working on my end. See the screenshot below for reference:

image.png

Can I ask where you are trying to purchase from? Let me know and I'll talk to my contact at EcoFlow

Thanks,

3 minutes ago, Sveeno said:

Hey, sorry you're having issues with this!

I just tried the code for myself and it seems to be working on my end. See the screenshot below for reference:

image.png

Can I ask where you are trying to purchase from? Let me know and I'll talk to my contact at EcoFlow

Thanks,

I am using https://uk.ecoflow.com/ and the code isn't working. Thanks for your help!

The manually mapping is a PITA. Surely a better way would be to draw on Google Maps as it uses GPS anyway?

I've looked at these before, but they are just far too expensive and much too limited to be worth it. You still have to trim around the areas it misses, and you'll have to manually move it if you have a fence or other obstacle separating your front and back yard. I instead just bought an electric push mower and it works amazing. It actually made mowing the lawn much more enjoyable since I wasn't breathing in fumes anymore.

To be fair, lawn mowing robots aren't something I have really ever looked into, but how exactly is this better than any of the lawn mowing robots that can commonly be found at hardware stores that cost a quarter of its price or less? Granted, those require you to lay out a wire at the edges of your lawn, but then again, that doesn't really seem worse than having to put up two beacon stations that also need to be wired up (and presumably can't have the robot mow over the cable, for obvious reasons).

Meanwhile in 2024: Ivy Bridge-E has finally retired from gaming (but is still not dead).

Desktop: AMD Ryzen 9 7900X; 64GB DDR5-6000; Radeon RX 6800XT Reference / Server: Intel Xeon 1680V2; 64GB DDR3-1600 ECC / Laptop:  Dell Precision 5540; Intel Core i7-9850H; NVIDIA Quadro T1000 4GB; 32GB DDR4

I would rather just take any old lawnmower over this. This seems like incredibly unnecessary tech and a waste of lithium, plastic and metals.

Here's what I learned from the video:

• Difficult to set up
  • Can't cut grass over 3 inches
  • Requires you to mow the grass with a regular lawn mower before using
  • Can't cut grass on a slope
  • Can't cut over "bumpy" ground (on what looked like pretty smooth ground)
  • Stopped by a small stick
  • Can't mow close to the edges
  • Leaves lines where it clearly missed cutting
  • Tiny 10" cutting deck (Despite what Linus said in the video 10" is not big for a mower cutter deck. The smallest I could find searching hardware stores were mowers with 30cm/12" decks, with some as wide as 53cm/21")
  • Requires a charging pad and antenna in the yard
  • The map breaks if you move the antenna base
  • Still requires you to empty it and trim all the areas it missed
  • Costs more than 10 times as much as a regular cordless lawn mower

It's hard to believe this was a sponsored video when it made it look so much worse than a regular lawn mower. I guess LTT can only work with what they're given.

For the $3600 USD price tag (for the kit shown in the video) I would rather pay a local kid (or my own kid if I had one) $20 to mow the lawn every fortnight for the next 7 years.

Are the batteries replaceable? It wasn't shown in the video but it doesn't look like it has (easily) removable batteries. A lot of cordless mowers use the same batteries as other power tools so they could be easily swapped out, replaced, or used in other tools. The batteries will wear out eventually, especially if its run on a regular basis like Linus recommended in the video or if it's stored outside in varying temperatures and weather. Would be good to know if you can just swap the batteries out in 5 years time if needed.

EcoFlow advertises on their website "Replacements instead of repairing" as if that's a good thing.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

6 hours ago, chiefcoyote said:

A few notes. Garden care is complicated, but it doesn't have to be! Im no expert, im merely an enthusiast, so if i get some things wrong don't come at me. If LTT is going to do a series on these lawn care products, they should do some research on lawn care. 2" is rather short for grass to be cut at. 3" is ideal, any shorter and you can stress the grass, weakening it and inviting disease and weeds to take hold over it. Especially in the north where sun light is at a premium, grass likes to be a little longer. This advise comes from Mike McGrath, the Editor in Chief, Organic Gardening magazine and host of NPR's you bet your garden. You can find great tips for gardens and lawns HERE. I recommend using a mulcher mower. The clippings will provide nitrogen back into the soil, reducing the need of fertilizers. As for the trees, good luck. Likely the only thing that will ever grow under a tamarack is moss. The needles they drop are very alkaline, and the tree canopy limits the light available to anything brave enough to grow under them. I Highly recommend listening to You Bet Your Garden, if you are seriously interested in gardening, in a safe, and environmentally sustainable manure. He even has tips for those who are physically limited. Have fun, and get your hands dirty!

Edit, Source for Cutting height.

Should be worth mentioning that it can vary depending on the type of grass. Different grass varieties will prefer being cut to different heights.

To me 3" (76mm) seems quite long to cut grass to. Most common grasses (in Australia) will be quite happy being cut between 1 to 2 inches. Could be because of the different grass varieties and different climate here though.

Source: https://lawnsolutionsaustralia.com.au/lawn-care/lawn-mowing/cut-grass-properly/

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

Here's what I learned from the video:

• Difficult to set up
  • Can't cut grass over 3 inches
  • Requires you to mow the grass with a regular lawn mower before using
  • Can't cut grass on a slope
  • Can't cut over "bumpy" ground (on what looked like pretty smooth ground)
  • Stopped by a small stick
  • Can't mow close to the edges
  • Leaves lines where it clearly missed cutting
  • Tiny 10" cutting deck (Despite what Linus said in the video 10" is not big for a mower cutter deck. The smallest I could find searching hardware stores were mowers with 30cm/12" decks, with some as wide as 53cm/21")
  • Requires a charging pad and antenna in the yard
  • The map breaks if you move the antenna base
  • Still requires you to empty it and trim all the areas it missed
  • Costs more than 10 times as much as a regular cordless lawn mower

It's hard to believe this was a sponsored video when it made it look so much worse than a regular lawn mower. I guess LTT can only work with what they're given.

For the $3600 USD price tag (for the kit shown in the video) I would rather pay a local kid (or my own kid if I had one) $20 to mow the lawn every fortnight for the next 7 years.

Are the batteries replaceable? It wasn't shown in the video but it doesn't look like it has (easily) removable batteries. A lot of cordless mowers use the same batteries as other power tools so they could be easily swapped out, replaced, or used in other tools. The batteries will wear out eventually, especially if its run on a regular basis like Linus recommended in the video or if it's stored outside in varying temperatures and weather. Would be good to know if you can just swap the batteries out in 5 years time if needed.

EcoFlow advertises on their website "Replacements instead of repairing" as if that's a good thing.

These were exactly my thoughts when watching the video. I had a colleague at my last job that always yawned and sighed when I told him about new tech. The only thing he ever said to it was ironically "What a fantastic new world we live in". When I saw this video I had to immediately think of him and the older I get the more I understand him.

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

Tiny 10" cutting deck (Despite what Linus said in the video 10" is not big for a mower cutter deck. The smallest I could find searching hardware stores were mowers with 30cm/12" decks, with some as wide as 53cm/21")

yea I thought this comment was really weird.

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

Its definitely a high tech gadget that fits the LTT channel I think, but I think they accepted the sponsorship expecting it to be a lot better. It was a little embarrassing seeing him try so hard to not absolutely trash talk the product.