Project Contrast | NZXT H440 Fully Water Cooled (Acrylic Tubing, Custom Paint)

The_Edster

I hate to be the one to point it out but that res looks slightly off perfect.

It kind of does. It will be hidden so I doubt he cares. It would bug me just know it was there though...

he'll upload it when it's ready. be patient buddy :)

Your profile pic bothers me....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Are going to give us final picks or what?

How are those Gentle Typhoons when they're on a rad? Do they work well as rad fans? Thinking about getting some AP-15's cause I love the look of them.

Gentle Typhoons are kinda the benchmark for high static pressure fans (read: rad fans). They annihilate almost everything while managing to be dead silent. They were discontinued a while back because of a disagreement between Scythe and Nidec (seller and manufacturer). If you can find them for a decent price, then 100% get them. You will no doubt be happy with them. 

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Gentle Typhoons are kinda the benchmark for high static pressure fans (read: rad fans). They annihilate almost everything while managing to be dead silent. They were discontinued a while back because of a disagreement between Scythe and Nidec (seller and manufacturer). If you can find them for a decent price, then 100% get them. You will no doubt be happy with them. 

Oh, really? Awesome, thanks!

• 2 months later...

Come on man youve been finished for awhile now. Get da pics on here.

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone! First of all I'd like to apologize for the long wait for the final pics for this build, I have been extremely busy recently and just haven't had the time to get around to it. So without further ado, may I present Project Contrast (A.K.A Creamsicle)!

VuvWlUM.jpg

L3iw6zK.jpg

KkLvFY9.jpg

IjzSJAb.jpg

ursb0wb.jpg

vvgrrwN.jpg

4esKh08.jpg

dGPKnTN.jpg

ACKi9w4.jpg

m6UnnWk.jpg

IYtLF4e.jpg

6uYgOgg.jpg

SDuj6oI.jpg

gpCVJcb.jpg

Ppr4Xqx.jpg

ZqOOyuc.jpg

KxND8AA.jpg

mmA0SRH.jpg

I am glad to be finally done this build! There are only a couple things I would change about it, the first is improving the paint job (there are couple areas where it is imperfect) and secondly get a motherboard that matches the color scheme. Overall I am very happy with it considering it is my first ever water-cooled build! Thanks to everyone who supported the project and stuck with me!

Check out my Build Log: Project Contrast

Dang! That's really neat!

But the MOBO kills the look unfortunately. Maybe that should be your next upgrade. 

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

Aside from the mobo, this thing is amazing. What you need is someone to give you a haswell processor and one of those Gigabyte SOC boards which you then plastidip white to really tie the whole thing together.

Dang! That's really neat!

But the MOBO kills the look unfortunately. Maybe that should be your next upgrade. 

This is the 1 biggest thing I would like to change about this build, unfortunately as I have said before I can't justify spending money on a new mobo when the one I have works perfectly :/

Damn you and your sexy rig! Now I need fresh underwear... 

Haha thanks!

84.gif

Jesus dude, I've been waiting since May of last year for these final pics to go up :D

Regardless, nice rig. :P An SOC Gigabyte board could be a good addition once you upgrade

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Aside from the mobo, this thing is amazing. What you need is someone to give you a haswell processor and one of those Gigabyte SOC boards which you then plastidip white to really tie the whole thing together.

Thanks! Oh believe me I would love to! Unfortunately those things aren't free  :(

That blue though..

No, just kidding, that is spectacular for a (If I remember correctly) first loop?

PQkwrvn.gif

It's killing me too haha! Seriously thanks though  :D

Thanks! Oh believe me I would love to! Unfortunately those things aren't free  :(

It's killing me too haha! Seriously thanks though  :D

It's unfortunate you couldn't grab the one during the garage sale.

Well its about time....

Nice job just two little things:

1. That motherboard kills everything i woulld have gone with on of gigabytes orange motherboards or at the very least a msi Krait.

2. That top bend could be straighter

Other than that nice job :)

This is the 1 biggest thing I would like to change about this build, unfortunately as I have said before I can't justify spending money on a new mobo when the one I have works perfectly :/

I agree with your thinking and the build is still very good, but make a promise to yourself when you upgrade in 1-3 years to get a white pcb motherboard like the asus sabranco and put custom orange stickers on the plastic armor.

Have you thought of having a 3D printed motherboard cover in white with orange designs and painting the heatshinks orange? That still costs money I know... just throwing in some ideas.

You can see some 3D printed parts I designed and printed for a friend's build. A PSU cover and also look at the back IO on the motherboard.

10994722_10206097961474500_2090553603_n%

Also using a PCI riser cable and placing the graphics card vertically would cover the bottom half of the motherboard and show of your GPU waterblock more.

An example of this idea is the redefine build from MetallicAcid (though he used air cooling).

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/247332-redefine-air-240-by-metallicacid/

2GTech Maker Hub
Youtube||Facebook||Twitter

I personally like the blue mobo, and I think it's for the reason that it doesn't seem to work. It's sort of a quirk that this system has and makes it feel a lot less like a beastly rig but a humble first build, but not in a bad way if you can catch my drift here. anyways, awesome build man, real smooth.

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any way i could get your SketchUp model of the NZXT H440? Because i just cant find any detailed enough measurements and i dont want to buy the case if my plan is not going to work...