Hello, i am thinking about buying RTX 4070 Ti, some people say it's good , some people not, bcs of the price idk, i want to know is it good to buy it?

Fiveros

Hello, i am thinking about buying RTX 4070 Ti, some people say it's good , some people noy, bcs of the price idk, i want to know is it good to buy it?, i am in czech republim now and prices may be different from where you are

6 minutes ago, Fiveros said:

Hello, i am thinking about buying RTX 4070 Ti, some people say it's good , some people noy, bcs of the price idk, i want to know is it good to buy it?, i am in czech republim now and prices may be different from where you are

Whats the purpose for it?

The main issue with this card is that it's VERY expensive for a 70 series card. Way overpriced really AND that it only has 12gb of vram.

Considering we are already maxing 8gb with relative easy even at 1080p that 12gb of vram isn't a lot.

If it's purely gaming the 7900xt is a very attractive look.

9 minutes ago, Fiveros said:

Its practically a $300-$350 previous tier quality of silicon that they're upselling for $800. Let alone the lack of VRAM compared to the 20GB you could get with an equivalent AMD card in 2023.

You're probably better off buying a new CPU depending on the games you play and what specs you currently have than a new GPU in 2023. Best to wait till next generation or buy an RTX 4090 instead.

If you compare intergenerational GPUs from RTX 3000 to RTX 4000, the RTX 4070ti is basically a slightly better tier of GPU binning than the RTX 3060 12GB, which was a $330 card.

Ryzen 7950x3D PBO +200MHz / -15mV curve CPPC in 'prefer cache'

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+1000

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

I feel like most people who say the price isn't good are saying so because the whole gpu market pricing is kinda crazy atm. That being said in the US at least its 800 usd and at that price it's a good deal considering market prices if you are looking at new gpus. Alternatively if you can find a 3090 used for similar it's probably not a bad idea to go for that instead for the higher vram if you are comfortable going used. 

It's a stupid product if you have a semi-decent card right now which can give you good game experience in most cases as the 4070ti price makes no sense.

It's fine if you're starting from scratch as there is not much else besides looking at previous gen on used market (same goes for AMD).

24 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

I feel like most people who say the price isn't good are saying so because the whole gpu market pricing is kinda crazy atm. That being said in the US at least its 800 usd and at that price it's a good deal considering market prices if you are looking at new gpus. Alternatively if you can find a 3090 used for similar it's probably not a bad idea to go for that instead for the higher vram if you are comfortable going used. 

That's exactly why they're saying it, and with good reason. This madness has to stop somewhere, and it's clearly no longer a demand issue.

22 minutes ago, Hans Christian | Teri said:

That's exactly why they're saying it, and with good reason. This madness has to stop somewhere, and it's clearly no longer a demand issue.

You are 100% incorrect.  It does not have to stop, nor will it.  As with the housing market, this is the new normal.

It's been coming since the 1080Ti launched out at $700.  Do you think the RTX5090 will or will not be $1999?

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

53 minutes ago, jaslion said:

AND that it only has 12gb of vram.

Me chilling with my incredible foresight titan Xp purchase

52 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

feel like most people who say the price isn't good are saying so because the whole gpu market pricing is kinda crazy atm.

To be fair, the alternatives from AMD are even more favorable this generation, due to the poor pricing on the 4070 TI

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

44 minutes ago, WereCat said:

It's a stupid product if you have a semi-decent card right now which can give you good game experience in most cases as the 4070ti price makes no sense.

It's fine if you're starting from scratch as there is not much else besides looking at previous gen on used market (same goes for AMD).

It's the backlash post Crypto crash II. This always happens in such event; market saturation followed by the puking of the market dumping used inventory at a time a new product is launching.

Nvidia is trying to recoup lost revenue through metering of new inventory on the market in conjunction with higher markups (profit) to smooth out the balance sheet.

Very difficult to predict the future with GPT needing Nvidia hardware now, but perhaps the 5k series will fall in line with some rationality. One would hope if historical trends are anything to go by.

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Legit the people that bought the original titan got like 2-3 years of gaming extra out of that card because it wasn't running out of vram compared to the 780 which was crippled by the lack of vram.

4 minutes ago, Dedayog said:

You are 100% incorrect.  It does not have to stop, nor will it.  As with the housing market, this is the new normal.

It's been coming since the 1080Ti launched out at $700.  Do you think the RTX5090 will or will not be $1999?

TBH I'm surprised the RTX 4090 wasn't $2k to start. They could've sold out anyways in the first couple months regardless then just drop it later.

Yeah housing market is ridiculous, within a year my house I got in 2019 was almost double the market value and my taxes now reflect accordingly... Unfortunately there, land is a finite resource, unlike the neigh unlimited amount of sand on the Earth lol.

1 minute ago, StDragon said:

with GPT needing Nvidia hardware

For now. I doubt this will last forever as we have dedicated ai accelerators that run it waaay faster.

Just now, jaslion said:

For now. I doubt this will last forever as we have dedicated ai accelerators that run it waaay faster.

Or for AMD to develop an API that can run it on standard architecture like usual.

1 minute ago, Agall said:

neigh unlimited amount of sand on the Earth lol.

So actually. That will become an issue in the future :p.

We need specific sand for silicon production.

Same for glass. Otherwise you get opaque, brittle,... windows.

Sand prices have gone up drastically due to this. Previously I could get unpure silicon sand for my aquariums for like 10€ a bag. Now its super expensive/not even for sale anymore.

1 minute ago, Agall said:

Or for AMD to develop an API that can run it on standard architecture like usual.

I think you don't understand how ai uses gpu's for acceleration :p.

Gpu's are basically fp32 crunching machines (the rt cores are a different beast). Something that is only useful for certain applications and also means other types of calculation are kinda ass.

so don't expect this well ever.

So, ignoring any and all flamebatey stuff above me:

Currently you'd be comparing a 7900 XT vs a 4070 TI

So, here's the real criteria to consider:

1) Do you want to run games with Ray Tracing enabled all the time?  If yes:  Buy NVidia

2) Do you run apps (AI Learning, 3D Rendering, and similar apps) that are CUDA Enabled?  If yes:  Buy NVidia
3) Are you gaming / streaming and just want the best framerates?  Get the 7900 XT

The 7900 XT w 20GB RAM will be overall better for gaming than the 4070 TI is, at about the same price.  

34 minutes ago, Hans Christian | Teri said:

Unfortunately sometimes you have to make the best of a crappy situation and the 4070ti isn't that bad of a deal considering the current market. It's not great but it's still a decent choice if you want an nvidia card. If you are willing to go AMD there are other options that are also good but personally I prefer nvidia and happen to have a gsync monitor already. Also its not like AMD options are vastly superior. They are good but I wouldn't say the 4070ti is suddenly a bad deal because of it. 

13 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

To be fair, the alternatives from AMD are even more favorable this generation, due to the poor pricing on the 4070 TI

The AMD cards are good but nvidia cards come with alot of nice features too so it isn't an obvious choice tbh. 

It's only a rumour but 4070 may be launching end of next week and that might be the more interesting card for many. It'll be a bit slower than the Ti but also cheaper. If that still meets performance expectations it might be one to consider.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Just now, porina said:

It's only a rumour but 4070 may be launching end of next week and that might be the more interesting card for many. It'll be a bit slower than the Ti but also cheaper. If that still meets performance expectations it might be one to consider.

I gagged when thinking about how bottom of the barrel TSMC 4nm silicon that chip will end up, let alone the RTX 4060.

12 minutes ago, jaslion said:

I think you don't understand how ai uses gpu's for acceleration :p.

Gpu's are basically fp32 crunching machines (the rt cores are a different beast). Something that is only useful for certain applications and also means other types of calculation are kinda ass.

so don't expect this well ever.

It was more of a generalization and a joke than an affirmative factual statement 🙂

18 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Nvidia hardware such as the DGX H100 is used for training. But you're right, the execution of the models can be done with dedicated NPU (tensor core based) hardware that's rather generic; it's more of an issue with fabrication capacity to rack and stack hardware in datacenters.

Consumer hardware won't be used for any of this due to the massive amounts of RAM that's required. Hopefully this won't cause Nvidia to divert and refocus their attention towards enterprise and away from the consumer market.

18 minutes ago, StDragon said:

divert and refocus their attention towards enterprise and away from the consumer market.

Their focus has always been on the enterprise market. We basically get the runoff/ are first testers for their new products that go to datacenters.

We are a tiny bit of their revenue

40 minutes ago, porina said:

You mean the card that has the exact same number of CUDA cores as last gen's 3070? The card that is functionally of 3080 performance for similar money 2 1/2 years later. The same card which once again shows that the performance per dollar  gaingen over gen is literally not there, same as the 4080 and 4070 Ti? That card?

Anyway, my opinion of the 4070 Ti is that it's an overpriced card with 12GB of VRAM which may necessitate an earlier upgrade then you might normally do. 8GB from literally last gen 3060 Ti / 3070 / 3070 Ti is already hitting its limit. 10 and 12GB cards will be next. Frankly, at this stage I wouldn't buy anything less than 16GB. Granted VRAM isn't the whole performance story of a card, but it does matter.

I saw a 7900 XT hit $799 on Newegg yesterday. I'd rather have that than a 4070 Ti.

That said, I don't know what games you play, what resolution you play at, other system specs, are you looking for normal gaming, VR, etc.? All these sorts of details matter.

Zen 3 Daily Rig (2022 - Present): AMD Ryzen 9 5900X + Optimus Foundations AM4 | Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti FE + Alphacool Eisblock 3080 FE | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4-3600 (@3733 c14) | ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 2x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB | Crucial MX500 1TB | Corsair RM1000x | Lian Li O11 Dynamic | LG 48" C1 | EK Quantum Kinetic TBE 200 w/ D5 | HWLabs GTX360 and GTS360 | Bitspower True Brass 14mm | Corsair 14mm White PMMA | ModMyMods Mod Water Clear | 9x BeQuiet Silent Wings 3 120mm PWM High Speed | Aquacomputer Highflow NEXT | Aquacomputer Octo

Test Bench: 

CPUs: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, Core i5-2400, Core i7-4790K, Core i9-10900K, Core i3-13100, Core i9-13900KS

Motherboards: ASUS Z97-Deluxe, EVGA Z490 Dark, EVGA Z790 Dark Kingpin

GPUs: GTX 275 (RIP), 2x GTX 560, GTX 570, 2x GTX 650 Ti Boost, GTX 980, Titan X (Maxwell), x2 HD 6850

Bench: Cooler Master Masterframe 700 (bench mode)

Cooling: Heatkiller IV Pro Pure Copper | Koolance GPU-210 | HWLabs L-Series 360 | XSPC EX360 | Aquacomputer D5 | Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 250 | Monsoon Free Center Compressions | Mayhems UltraClear | 9x Arctic P12 120mm PWM PST

Basically all Nvidia GPUs aside from the 4090 are just terrible value at the moment. If you have money to spend, then go straight for the 4090. If you are on a budget,better wait. But if you must buy now, for $800 (which is what i guess you are aiming for) there are a couple of 7900XT choices, which are miles better than the 4070Ti.

But before you buy the gPU, better make sure your CPU is up for the task. Anything older than Intel 10th gen or Ryzen 3000 series should be upgraded otherwise you won't use that new GPU anywhere near its potential. 

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |