Inexpensive but good quality fans

RevGAM

Please recommend low-cost fans to me, especially if you have seen few (or no) data-driven reviews about them. Any size that is typical for PCs (120-200mm?). No server fans, and no known POS fans, please.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

4 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

Please recommend low-cost fans to me, especially if you have seen few (or no) data-driven reviews about them. Any size that is typical for PCs (120-200mm?). No server fans, and no known POS fans, please.

Phanteks SK 120 - Cooler Master SickleFlow 12 - Be Quiet Pure Wings 2 120mm/140mm -

Yea the Arctic stuff is pretty nice. Skipped making my last rig with noctua, can get 5 for the price of one. 
even offer rgb for the alphabet people now. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

25 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

Yea the Arctic stuff is pretty nice. Skipped making my last rig with noctua, can get 5 for the price of one. 
even offer rgb for the alphabet people now. 

Which models, please?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

29 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

The Arctic P12 are generally the go to recommendation for this, they're $30 for a pack of 5 with pretty good performance. 

I've heard about them many times. I'm also looking for more obscure choices, if you know of any.

31 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

I'm also looking for more obscure choices,

why?

You're going to be extremely hard pressed to find any other fans that cost $6 each that are as good as the P12s.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 hour ago, RevGAM said:

Which models, please?

Any of them. I get the 5 packs. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0BNHP12HV/?coliid=I3IK5F6CZON0U3&colid=1FAOHYDQQPCKN&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

best fan out there for the money...

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

• xpg vento pro 120 pwm (aka nidec gentle typhoons), daisy chain cables
  • artic p12 / p14 (get max version if its in yer budget)
  • bequiet silent wings 3 high speed (since sw4 came out sw3 drop in price)
Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

7 hours ago, Arika S said:

why?

You're going to be extremely hard pressed to find any other fans that cost $6 each that are as good as the P12s.

Because I'm testing fans and I want to get the fans everyone else misses because they're focused on the expensive ones for some dumb reason.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

8 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

Thanks! Can you suggest a non-ARGB version for the DC you mentioned?

looks like they only have a 3 pack argb for that price range. looks interesting to me for the removable cables. seen on hire end argb fans. i guess you dont like argb?

if your from the us you can probably find more options there. but im from Canada so...

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

Thanks! I found a different Gelid on Amazon, but not the Gales. Maybe if I get lucky, I can find those 3 fans somewhere in the US for a reasonable price. I did, however, find some interesting options on Gelid's website, and I found a beautiful fan you'll probably love called the Stella Infinity. If the specs are for real, it might even defeat the T30.If not, those Gales sure will!

I'm trying to stay away from aRGB as my mobo doesn't support it and I really don't care about LEDs. I've only got RGB fans because they came with my case. If I can't find those fans without RGBs, I guess I'd still buy them but not plug in the LEDs. I'm asking them if they have one without LEDs, but only the FK120 (used on their coolers) shows up, and their filters don't work for me.

11 hours ago, RevGAM said:

Thanks! I found a different Gelid on Amazon, but not the Gales. Maybe if I get lucky, I can find those 3 fans somewhere in the US for a reasonable price. I did, however, find some interesting options on Gelid's website, and I found a beautiful fan you'll probably love called the Stella Infinity. If the specs are for real, it might even defeat the T30.If not, those Gales sure will!

I'm trying to stay away from aRGB as my mobo doesn't support it and I really don't care about LEDs. I've only got RGB fans because they came with my case. If I can't find those fans without RGBs, I guess I'd still buy them but not plug in the LEDs. I'm asking them if they have one without LEDs, but only the FK120 (used on their coolers) shows up, and their filters don't work for me.

ya there a lot of options but not advalbe to Canada... so it is what it is... ek has some fan that were 50%

there alot of good options now adays thow alot are expensive thow. phantec also has there new argb fans as well... and there new case looks amazing... i have to may case...

funny how alot of people wanted quiet fans about 1000 and 1200 rpm but now there are fans that are 3000+ i just dont get it. i guess if nice to have just incase?

Edited by thrasher_565

6 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

ya there a lot of options but not advalbe to Canada... so it is what it is... ek has some fan that were 50%

there alot of good options now adays thow alot are expensive thow. phantec also has there new argb fans as well... and there new case looks amazing... i have to may case...

funny how alot of people wanted quiet fans about 1000 and 1200 rpm but now there are fans that are 3000+ i just dont get it. i guess if nice to have just incase?

I tried to order 3 fans off the Gelid (Hong Kong) website, including the Stella Infinity which is so pretty even *I* cannot resist, because they show that they serve the US, and the shipping was going to be super cheap, but it errored out. I emailed them but haven't gotten a response.

There are so many fan brands and models out there that it'll take me a lot time to get through all the existing ones (without looking at server fans), and then there will be so many more!

How many cases do you have?

I saw some case fans yesterday that are over 3,000 RPMs. I like having my iPPCs and T30, especially since I don't have AC and the temperature in the summer here is in the 90s for long periods of time.

4 hours ago, RevGAM said:

I tried to order 3 fans off the Gelid (Hong Kong) website, including the Stella Infinity which is so pretty even *I* cannot resist, because they show that they serve the US, and the shipping was going to be super cheap, but it errored out. I emailed them but haven't gotten a response.

There are so many fan brands and models out there that it'll take me a lot time to get through all the existing ones (without looking at server fans), and then there will be so many more!

How many cases do you have?

I saw some case fans yesterday that are over 3,000 RPMs. I like having my iPPCs and T30, especially since I don't have AC and the temperature in the summer here is in the 90s for long periods of time.

hmm let me see

antec 1200 moded the crap out of it

azza solano 1000 paid $40 new was a home theater pc that we didn't use as ps3 was better...

caselabs magnum ht10

thermaltake core w200 (main case)

thermaltake core x9 (non tempered glass)

Thermaltake Core X71 (offline media pc)

thermaltake mozart tx

thermltake tower 900

antec lan boy air

antec P120 Crystal

corsair obsidian 900d

dell xps 720 (need to mod it some day...)

lian li 011 air tv pc atm for youtube to sleep

lian li 011 evo other pc no uses yet

SILVERSTONE RVX01

JONSBO UMX4

Cougar MX330 cheap case for moding

Cougar MX330-x cheap case for moding

i want the lian li v3000.. the phantect nv7 is also cool... if i didnt buy the 900d then the lian li v3000 be a no brianer

4 hours ago, RevGAM said:

I found the US version of this site...In the UK. 😞

https://www.quietpc.com/gel-stella-infinity?q=gelid GALE&sort=price_desc

montec had a interesting metal fan that was $10

thmerlright also has more fans that are to advalabe yet to canada... sposably they have a argb one...

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B09LYLKMJK/?coliid=I2GCXIVN1JDHDN&colid=1FAOHYDQQPCKN&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B09KZV9K2G/?coliid=I3UA4WSHK1SW35&colid=1FAOHYDQQPCKN&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

i looked at alot of server fans back then and keep coming back to the nidec gentle typhoon... i hear people under volting some and making them quiet but they never would say witch models...

Edited by thrasher_565

TechSpot says this: "If you have a Mini-ITX case such as the Cooler Master Elite 130, where space and airflow around the CPU are severely limited, a 120mm radiator may be your only sensible choice. Such a radiator isn't going to cool as well as ones that are twice or thrice its size, but it can still be a worthy improvement upon a stock cooler."

I'm sure there are some good 120s/140s in your price range that meet your other requirements if you can't fit a 240/280, and they may be right. The one they chose was $69 at the time of writing.

Ok, in addition to the fans I have (Noctua NF-A12x25, NF-A14 iPPC-3000; Phanteks T30; Corsair ML120, SP120 RGB Elite, ThermalRight TL-C12) I've ordered:

Zalman RFD120A

YEEPHTECH Computer Case Fan 120mm ONK-V1

Antec PWM PC Fans, 120mm P12 (received)

NZXT AER F - RF-AF140-B1 (received)

Thermalright TL-C12C

Gelid Solutions Silent 12 PWM (received)

Kingwin 120mm CF-012LB

Antec PWM PC Fans, 120mm Storm Series

GONEBIN 120mm Cooling Fan Silent Gale-Fan LED RGB

Fractal Design Venturi HP-12 (received)

DeepCool FK120 (non-RGB variant of the FC120)

ARCTIC P12 PWM PST

CONISY RGB LED Series 120mm

I have several others I'll be ordering in the future to test, too.

I'm still taking suggestions, as well.