Linus Tech Tips, Tech Quickie, Tech Linked channels hacked

betav17
Message added by Spotty,

The Linus Tech Tips, TechLinked, and TechQuickie Youtube channels have been restored.

A video explaining what happened is now up:

2 minutes ago, pcislocked said:

lets just hope no one gets fired

No one would. I'm pretty sure lmg has password precautions. It's more on YouTubes side

Wow LTT lost 11 mil subs already🔥

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Just now, EneSteve said:

yeah hackers (i guess) made public all of the videos on the main channel and yeah there was a lot of videos which was private and unlisted 

It's a great way to get your hacked channel into peoples sub feeds without having muskrats face in the thumbnail. 

5 minutes ago, pcislocked said:

this was the main page just before the channel went down... 

hobb ss aldim 1390.png

hobb ss aldim 1391.png

hobb ss aldim 1392.png

Someone should reup only those Esther videos, she was always so fun to watch.

I'm dutch, so feel free to correct any spelling mistakes I might make.  I try to do the best I can!

Spoiler

CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K GPU: Asus ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI PSU: Corsair HX1000 V2 MEM: 64GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200mhz  COOLER: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 500gb +1tb NVME / Samsung 840EVo 1tb / HGST Ultrastar 10tb

1 minute ago, Emiko said:

o7 

Fitting music to keep on loop for now, until better news..

Good choice! It kinda sounds like something inserted into a very dramatic or dark point of a documentary, and if this moment/breakdown were ever turned into such, I could definitely see, or rather hear this song playing. Is that just me?

1 minute ago, Dracarris said:

Pretty sure they are not so stupid as to upload actual sensitive info as private videos to YT. (((((((((((forum is shitting itself --- marci

thats what im saying I COULD WROTE INTO A REPLY WHAT

Marci

The website is back up, but here's a "nice" list of channels down (X) or taken over (/)

image.png

Despite being tech-savvy, anyone can get hacked, as recent events have shown. That’s why I stopped using LastPass and now host my own instance of Bitwarden at home. Although, the fact that they were hacked may not be related to the use of a password manager at all.

1 minute ago, Crashbash111 said:

It does make me wonder if these hacks are related to the recent LastPass breaches or if its just some other form of social engineering attack

I'm kinda hoping it's not the LastPass thing, I was led to believe that nothing of value was given in that 😓

I think I need to change all my passwords now

3 minutes ago, Marcii said:

WHY would the upload sensitive info to yt?
be rational if it was THAT sensitive wouldnt they just store it on an hdd?

why would they also store it

It was likely only uploaded because they needed some support with a server software, and I'm guessing the video was then sent to a tech support person as it was quite a long video which probably won't fit in an email. The video was probably intended to be deleted afterwards, but as it was just left as unlisted or private, it was likely forgotten.

LOL, come on Linus, accidently drop the channel again!?!?!

All channels got hacked

image.png.eaafd324f5d0d087cf35edad9ed20ac4.pngimage.thumb.png.ef663b116cd512a04597c17760821f9f.png

Just now, DoctorNick said:

The channel is deleted so what are you even saying

I'm dutch, so feel free to correct any spelling mistakes I might make.  I try to do the best I can!

Spoiler

CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K GPU: Asus ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI PSU: Corsair HX1000 V2 MEM: 64GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200mhz  COOLER: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 500gb +1tb NVME / Samsung 840EVo 1tb / HGST Ultrastar 10tb

Just now, DoctorNick said:

Nah that's TechQuickie, the LTT main channel is "terminated" AKA taken offline by Youtube already to prevent the spread of the SCAM videos.

1 minute ago, Delano.888 said:

Someone should reup only those Esther videos, she was always so fun to watch.

uh im not looking for an instant dmca ban, i think i'll keep them to myself thank you

Just now, boogie da woogie said:

sad i can't watch ltt

Floatplane is up and you can watch. Would actually help them in those times since monetization will be gone for some hours/days

Just now, LordPegasus said:

LOL, come on Linus, accidently drop the channel again!?!?!

All channels got hacked

image.png.eaafd324f5d0d087cf35edad9ed20ac4.pngimage.thumb.png.ef663b116cd512a04597c17760821f9f.png

all ltt ones?

Dual X5690 my beloved.

2 minutes ago, Kitsunelaine said:

Forums are buckling because everyone is flooding to them to figure out WTF is going on. This is normal activity in terms of the site utterly failing to handle demand. Think of it like blizzard servers on D4 launch day.

Linus always said the forum was a backup in case youtube disappeared...

1 minute ago, DoctorNick said:

It didn't, the hacker got to techlinked and techquicky. Main LTT channel is down.