This. was. CHAOS. - AMD Ultimate Tech Upgrade

Shahrad
5 hours ago, AdamFromLTT said:

Switches: Gazzew Boba U4T Clear 68G
Body: Akko Mod 007 v2 with polycarb backplate and silicone gasket, tape modded
Keycaps: EPBT x BIIP Cool Kids - They don't make these anymore but I saw a knock-off set on amazon, YMMV.

Thank you! Love your humor!

My running commentary while I watch this video:

-man, I find Adam's voice kind of grating. I like him a person, though

-I probably would have stolen privateered way more stuff by now

-"part time mother" lol

-when Linus was blowing out the cat hair from the old PC, I actually thought he was going to drop it over the edge of the balcony

-I love how completely unbothered Adam is by Linus' criticism

-"Would you rather screw?" lol

-This relationship dynamic is basically the same that I have with my SO

-such sass

-I want to see the kittehs!

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

Rewatched this video, Shea may be pregnant? Congrats if she is! (and apols if she isn't 😔 )

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

On 3/12/2023 at 1:11 PM, Gokul_P said:

First AMD Tech upgrade That's awesome and it is Amd gpus that is fun i guess. The budget isnt 6900 Thats cheating Linus You promised it in wan show 

It's 6900 Canadian dollars.

sooo.... when/how do we find out who won the giveaway?

I don't normally enter these things, but this is the exact card I have been wanting to buy.

On 3/10/2023 at 8:22 PM, Shahrad said:

What do get when you put 4 easily distracted and slightly unstable people in a room with $5,000 of AMD’s money? Chaos. Brand-new tech and utter chaos. Watch as Linus attempts to upgrade, his most talented and arguably most handsome writer, Adam. New CPU? ✔️ 7900 XTX GPU? ✔️✔️ Samsung Q990B soundbar? ✔️✔️✔️ Shenanigans? ✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️

Just noticed this video has been put in the Intel Extreme Tech Upgrade playlist. Given it's now sponsored by AMD you might want to rename the playlist or start a new playlist.

I might be experienced, but I'm human and I do make mistakes. Expand for common PC building advice, a short bio and a list of my components and other tech. I edit my messages after sending them alot, please refresh before posting your reply. Please try to be clear and specific, you'll get a better answer. Please remember to mark solutions once you have the information you need.

Common build advice: 1) Buy the cheapest (well reviewed) motherboard that has the features you need. Paying more typically only gets you features you won’t use. 2) only get as much RAM as you need, getting more won’t (typically) make your PC faster. 3) While I recommend getting an NVMe drive, you don’t need to splurge for an expensive drive with DRam cache, DRamless drives are fine for gamers. 4) paying for looks is fine, just don’t break the bank. 5) Tower coolers are usually good enough, unless you go top tier Intel or plan on OCing. 6) OCing is a dead meme, you probably shouldn’t bother. 7) "Bottlenecks" rarely matter and "Future-proofing" is a myth. 8) AIOs don't noticably improve performance past 240mm.

useful websiteshttps://www.productchart.com - helps compare monitors, https://uk.pcpartpicker.com - makes designing a PC easier.

He/Him

I'm a PhD student working in the fields of reinforcement learning and traffic control. PCs are one of my hobbies and I've built many PCs and performed upgrades on a few laptops (for myself, friends and family). My personal computers include 3 windows (10/11) machines and a TrueNAS server (and I'm looking to move to dual booting Linux Mint on my main machine in future). While I believe I have an decent amount of experience in spec’ing, building and troubleshooting computers, keep in mind I'm not an expert or a professional and I make mistakes.

Favourite Games of all time: World of Tanks, Runescape, Subnautica, Metroid (Fusion and Dread), Spyro: Year of the Dragon (Original and Reignited Trilogy), Crash Bash, Mario Kart Wii

Main PC: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/will0hlep/saved/NByp3C

Secondary PC: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/will0hlep/saved/cc9K7P

TrueNAS Server: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/will0hlep/saved/m37w3C

Laptop: 13.4" ASUS GZ301ZE ROG Flow Z13, WUXGA 120Hz, i9 12900H, 16GB DDR5, 1TB NVMe SSD, 4GB RTX 3050 Ti, TB4, Win11 Home, Used with: 2*ThinkPad Universal Thunderbolt 4 Dock, Logitech G603, Logitech G502 Hero, Logitech K120, Logitech G915 TKL, Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, Logitech G PRO X Gaming-Headset (with Blue Icepop in Black), {specs to be updated: two monitors}

Other: LTT Screwdriver, LTT Stubby Screwdriver, IFIXIT Pro Tech Toolkit, Playstation 1 SCPH-102, Playstation 2 SCPH-30003, Gameboy Micro Silver OXY-001, Nintendo Wii U WUP-001(03), Playstation 4 CUH-1116A, Nintendo Switch OLED HEG-001, Yamaha RX-A4A Black AV Receiver, Monitor Audio Radius (4*90s, 1*200s, 2*270s, 1*380s), TP-Link TL-SG105-M2, Netgear GS308, IPhone 14 Pro Max 128GB Space Black, Secretlab TITAN Evo (Black SoftWeave Plus Fabric), 2*CyberPower BR1200ELCD-UK BRICs Series, Samsung 40" ES6800 Series 6 SMART 3D FHD LED TV, UGREEN USB 3.2 Gen 2 10Gbps M.2 NVMe SSD Enclosure, SABRENT 3.5" SATA drive docking station

1 hour ago, bizzehdee said:

Still no mention of any winners by either LTT or AMD, even though the competition closed 5 days ago.

yup.  I checked the gleam site, they say that the contest holders contact you.  No e-mail. And nothing on the twitch or twitter accounts used to enter the contest.  Might be a thing to contact them, but I have no idea what would be the appropriate way to do so in order to receive a response.

7 hours ago, Gabe Hutsects said:

yup.  I checked the gleam site, they say that the contest holders contact you.  No e-mail. And nothing on the twitch or twitter accounts used to enter the contest.  Might be a thing to contact them, but I have no idea what would be the appropriate way to do so in order to receive a response.

We'll tweet out the winners in an announcement! Still working on it.

7 hours ago, LMGcommunity said:

Yay. Thanks. So i guess we just check twatter. 😄

On 3/23/2023 at 7:54 PM, LMGcommunity said:

Is there an ETA on the announcement?

On 3/23/2023 at 7:54 PM, LMGcommunity said:

???

2 hours ago, bizzehdee said:

???

Still in the works! We had 2 people that didn't respond so we're re-rolling those entries.

17 hours ago, LMGcommunity said:

Still in the works! We had 2 people that didn't respond so we're re-rolling those entries.

i'm responding right now! 😄

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2023 at 6:04 AM, bizzehdee said:

Is there an ETA on the announcement?

i have completely given up hope...  i'm never lucky enough to win this kind of thing anyhow.

You are not the only one.

I have never been lucky as well with these sort of things.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, when is the new video airing? Weren't these supposed to be on monthly schedule?

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

13 minutes ago, QuantumSingularity said:

Guys, when is the new video airing? Weren't these supposed to be on monthly schedule?

We JUST filmed a new one! Stay tuned

8 minutes ago, LMGcommunity said:

have you had any employees that have turn down one of these tech upgrades due to already having good stuff,  a complex living situation, or a nsfw filming environment? 

kinda also wondering internally how it works, it it just seniority based or like a lottery system? 

21 hours ago, OhYou_ said:

nsfw filming environment? 

xD... If they had any of those, they would've been the first one to get upgraded... with a lot of pixelation of course. 

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

• 2 months later...
On 4/28/2023 at 7:05 PM, LMGcommunity said:

I'm kinda getting a feeling that there will be no more AMD Tech Upgrades 😢. I really hope I'm completely wrong. 🙏

4 hours ago, Hornetman said:

I'm kinda getting a feeling that there will be no more AMD Tech Upgrades 😢. I really hope I'm completely wrong. 🙏

In the nicest way possible, you ARE completely wrong 🙂

On 7/18/2023 at 4:38 PM, LMGcommunity said:

In the nicest way possible, you ARE completely wrong 🙂

Thank God.... I shouted that out loud irl 😀