This. was. CHAOS. - AMD Ultimate Tech Upgrade

Shahrad

What do get when you put 4 easily distracted and slightly unstable people in a room with $5,000 of AMD’s money? Chaos. Brand-new tech and utter chaos. Watch as Linus attempts to upgrade, his most talented and arguably most handsome writer, Adam. New CPU? ✔️ 7900 XTX GPU? ✔️✔️ Samsung Q990B soundbar? ✔️✔️✔️ Shenanigans? ✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️

First AMD Tech upgrade That's awesome and it is Amd gpus that is fun i guess. The budget isnt 6900 Thats cheating Linus You promised it in wan show 

7 minutes ago, Gokul_P said:

First AMD Tech upgrade That's awesome and it is Amd gpus that is fun i guess. The budget isnt 6900 Thats cheating Linus You promised it in wan show 

I'm guessing AMD didn't agree to that. AMDidn't

What's that small case with the handle they were building in called?

1 hour ago, Gokul_P said:

I'm pretty sure he said $6,900 Canadian 😉 Which is $5,000 USD give or take a few dollars.

3 minutes ago, Shawn3 said:

What you've put a box around there is a speaker. Unless you meant something else and that's the wrong screen grab.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

29 minutes ago, Shawn3 said:

Lian Li TU-150.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

The mini PWM to full sized adaptor is also quite useful for water cooling setups if you want some rad fans controlled by CPU temps and some by GPU temp wihtout using extra controllers/sensors.

As an extra level you can combine it with a PWM splitter with SATA power input (so the GPU can control the PWM of the fans but the PSU powers them) in order to eliminate any risk of the fans blowing the GPU's PWM header, and also so they use 0% of it's power target.

this was Madison ASUS ROG level of fun. only other video i laughed this much.

2 hours ago, Tomyas663 said:

What is the name of Adam's keyboard/caps?

Keycaps im not sure, but the board looks like the GMMK Pro: https://www.gloriousgaming.com/products/glorious-gmmk-pro-75-barebone-black

Same board I use. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Awesomely beautifully wonderful! 

I would love to meet Adam and Shea IRL, so so relatable. 

29 minutes ago, belphegorprime said:

What monitor stand is Adam using? 

a ergotron model

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

I like Adam. I also leave stuff on my desk like the bracket and closet door thing they had in this video. Like the "I do not see what you criticize me about, it's perfectly logical decision making" because I found myself thinking that too a lot. The linus picture on the fridge + work tomorrow comment was hilarious.

This is so random but at 29:00, was the wrong "your" an intentional bit poking fun at Adam using the wrong "there" in a vid title? Could totally be a typo but it would be funny if it was on purpose

10 minutes ago, Tudor13 said:

Next one when?

The Intel upgrade series had a monthly schedule and as far as I know that hasn't changed. I would expect the next video in about a month from now.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Man, talking about hitting the ground running. What a way to start the AMD Extreme Tech Upgrade. This is certainly my favorite episode BY FAR, despite being the one where i paid the least attention to the tech. The entire atmosphere of the video was so good. I felt like i was there with my friends, having fun. The sick burns and comebacks from all were just incredible. It was like watching a good old LTT video from the archives but with added charisma by Shea and the polaroids. Really had fun with this one. 30 minutes just flew by. Excellent work guys. 

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

I love Adam. But Turning a Analog Vinyl signal into Digital. Then letting it get converted by the sound bar into Analog again. Is not the way. Keep the Analog Signal Analog. Edifier R1280TS is the way.

22 hours ago, Brando Braganza said:

Was that an Edifier R1280TS?image.thumb.png.fa89cad0dd0236a4f19fdfeec60806f1.png

Yes! Well, just the T version. No BT on these. They are killer speakers for the price, they've served me well for about 5 years now and sound GREAT with some EQ. Maybe if I keep up with the music production stuff I'll have justification to upgrade to a set of proper studio monitors, but I don't find myself using them that often now between my headphones and the soundbar.

23 hours ago, Tomyas663 said:

What is the name of Adam's keyboard/caps?

Switches: Gazzew Boba U4T Clear 68G
Body: Akko Mod 007 v2 with polycarb backplate and silicone gasket, tape modded
Keycaps: EPBT x BIIP Cool Kids - They don't make these anymore but I saw a knock-off set on amazon, YMMV.

Linus should hire Shea. He needs someone to teach him the fine art of, well, art 😉  (no, not Art Garfunkel 😛 )

Spoiler

If you know music, you know Art Garfunkel! Shame on you if you don't!

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)