Salary Sharing Thread

Bingodingo

Discussing salaries at the same company or within the same occupation can have value to make sure people aren't getting paid less than they deserve or getting paid less than people with comparable responsibilities because of gender, ethnicity, etc.

This just seems like an excuse to flex.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

I'll bite.

Warehouse manager, U.S. More than $1, but less than $10,000,000.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

At least $2.50

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

3 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

At least $2.50

I need about tree fiddy. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Technology fix-it guy, ‘Murica, plenty of freedom bucks. 

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Just now, Needfuldoer said:

Technology fix-it guy, ‘Murica, plenty of freedom bucks. 

You're getting ripped off. We're meant to get paid in eagle feathers and gunpowder....

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

What salary? I'm just scrounging off my parents.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | AsRock B450M-Pro4 | Zotac GTX 3070 Ti

Shure SRH840A | Sennheiser Momentum 2 AEBT | LG C9 55"

12 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

You're getting ripped off. We're meant to get paid in eagle feathers and gunpowder....

Freedom bucks can be exchanged for eagle feathers and gunpowder. 

B853DCF1-C68D-468E-B919-D68BB4F276E6.jpeg.d852740505c95ccf80e2b94aaebc3c21.jpeg

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

2 hours ago, Middcore said:

Discussing salaries at the same company or within the same occupation can have value to make sure people aren't getting paid less than they deserve or getting paid less than people with comparable responsibilities because of gender, ethnicity, etc.

This just seems like an excuse to flex.

If it started with a more regular salary, instead of a dude making $240K USD, it might be a bit less flex, but yeah... That's well over $300K CAD.

Personally, while I'm willing to discuss Salary with people I know, I'm not willing to disclose specifics over the internet.

I can say more than $50K but under $100K CAD.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

got-that.gif

It’s high CoL and half is illiquid stock so it’s not that outrageous with more context.

For me, it's not about the money, it's about the benefits. I work for the gov't, so I have the best health care, mental, dental and vision care that money can buy.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 hour ago, YellowJersey said:

jobs.jpg

Well, sort of. I'm employed by the gov't, I rarely do any actual "work"

Or to quote a line from a famous movie, "We plan ahead, that way we don't have to do anything right now."

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Who cares? I mean I sure as hell don't care one bit about the supposed salary of someone else in some random job in bumfuck nowhere. Let's be real here.

As long as you earn enough to live comfortably who cares about the actual number. To me doing something I like doing, seeing a purpose in my work and having enough free time to actually do something with my earnings is much more important than the actual number of bills you get. So a post about that would probably be far more interesting than whatever this is.

Desktop: i9-10850K [Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black] | Asus ROG Strix Z490-E | G.Skill Trident Z 2x16GB 3600Mhz 16-16-16-36 | Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080Ti OC | SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Gold 1000W | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | CoolerMaster MasterCase H500 ARGB | Win 10

Display: Samsung Odyssey G7A (28" 4K 144Hz)

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkBook 16p Gen 4 | i7-13700H | 2x8GB 5200Mhz | RTX 4060 | Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon

2 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Well, sort of. I'm employed by the gov't, I rarely do any actual "work"

Or to quote a line from a famous movie, "We plan ahead, that way we don't have to do anything right now."

You ever seen the BBC series "Yes Minister" and "Yes Prime Minister?" I have a mate who works for the government and I sent him the DVDs I have. He replied with, "This isn't a comedy; it's a documentary." I highly recommend it.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

More than $1, less than $5,000,000.  Vancouver.

Did I do that right?

This type of thread would likely work if you're in a regional forum or a site dedicated to a specific industry within a single country, but it's pretty much pointless here. 

Server - 10850K   |   Daily - 12700k  |  Gaming - Steam Deck

On 2/20/2023 at 7:34 PM, Lomac said:

More than $1, less than $5,000,000.  Vancouver.

Did I do that right?

This type of thread would likely work if you're in a regional forum or a site dedicated to a specific industry within a single country, but it's pretty much pointless here. 

Less than $5M in Vancouver? I see you live in abject poverty.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

Just shy of $100k AUD ($69k USD, nice) for managing a liquor store on the East Coast of Auastralia… That includes bonuses…

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

On 2/22/2023 at 1:06 AM, YellowJersey said:

Less than $5M in Vancouver? I see you live in abject poverty.

You'll find me living out of a clapped out early 2000's Mercedes C-class on East Hastings by Pigeon Park.

Honestly though, the GVA isn't as expensive as it's often made out to be.

Server - 10850K   |   Daily - 12700k  |  Gaming - Steam Deck