Samsung Blatany Rips off of HTC Again

Dylan522p

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=at.samsung.powersleep

Was just released. This is a blatant rip off of HTC's Power to Give.

I don't even..

._. Well at least they're helping with BOINC..?

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

My opinion is meh. If it helps it helps. Not much to complain about it.

It's just folding? Why complain?

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

regardless, its for good :)

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Well who cares? It's to help the world, we should be happy that they're doing this.

Its like saying "omg company 2 totally copied company 1 making a cure for cancer >:( " no who cares

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

Cool, I'll check it out. Personally I don't like HTC's Power to Give. It's not well designed.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Don't you know that it's trendy to hate on Samsung now? Because of HTC....and Aluminum...And reasons....

I hated them long before HTC released the One. :(

Don't hate the company either just their chairman.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Just public appeal (if the public even knows what the hell it is), that's all.

I hated them long before HTC released the One. :(

Don't hate the company either just their chairman.

Hey is not like I like Samsung myself, but this "rip off" allegations are getting a tad out of hand. I mean one would think that people would rally behind a good, noble cause but Samsung could invest 3 billion into cancer research and people would still immediately yell "Fucking rip off Apple did a similar donation first!"

-------

Current Rig

-------

I was ready to release the rage because your title made me think they copied something obvious to their devices.

But what is this shit. -_-

Wait so if company x does charity work by helping abandoned puppies, does that mean no other company can do that because they will rip off company x?  That's some Apple logic right there!

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

i agree with op it doesnt matter if its about folding or anything else its the fact they copied htc and they do this to every company if i remember correctly linus made a funny quote about samsung "oh yeah we have that too" basically whenever another company had something that samsung didnt have they would also get this like the finger print scanner from apple. i do agree that its a good thing but the point still stands and i do get where people are getting from it is for a good cause so it shouldnt matter.

I'm not sure if this thing works. I left it on for 7 hours yet my phone didn't even get mildly hot. HTC's power to give would turn it into a ball of inferno and that was a good indication that it was working.

Also for some reason it says I've contributed 17 hours? That's physically impossible.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

how are they ripping them off

they are all using BOINC which any one can use

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

THIS IS FOR A GOOD CAUSE

Can we ban 12 Year olds now?

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

STOP THESE CHEATING COPYCAT SCUM FROM TRYING TO SAVE LIVES.

I can finally use my phone to good use other than playing Clash of Clans.  :D

"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want" - Dan Stanford

Project Sandrock (Ended): http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/75-project-sandrock/

Project Murasame Liger (WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/400-project-murasame-liger/

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=at.samsung.powersleep

Was just released. This is a blatant rip off of HTC's Power to Give.

our phone helps to compute something? they do not have supercomputers? 

one E7-8890V2 is better then 50 just released galaxy S5 lets calculate 1000 of this equals 50 000 GALAxy s5 and why they do this? i believe it's not about helping some calculations.

they are making something from mobile phones like in BATMAN remember? (Morgan freeman now rememberd? :D)

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.