Samsung Blatany Rips off of HTC Again

Dylan522p

i agree with op it doesnt matter if its about folding or anything else its the fact they copied htc and they do this to every company if i remember correctly linus made a funny quote about samsung "oh yeah we have that too" basically whenever another company had something that samsung didnt have they would also get this like the finger print scanner from apple. i do agree that its a good thing but the point still stands and i do get where people are getting from it is for a good cause so it shouldnt matter.

That's like saying anyone who makes computer cases is blatantly ripping off any other company that makes computer cases. It's not correct. Companies can put out similar products. It's how we get different iterations of things. Would you rather we only ever have one offering of each category? How close minded

Also, Apple wasn't the first company to put finger print readers on phones. They're rarely the first at anything.

our phone helps to compute something? they do not have supercomputers? 

one E7-8890V2 is better then 50 just released galaxy S5 lets calculate 1000 of this equals 50 000 GALAxy s5 and why they do this? i believe it's not about helping some calculations.

they are making something from mobile phones like in BATMAN remember? (Morgan freeman now rememberd? :D)

Haha, funny! At least I really hope that was sarcasm..

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

i agree with op it doesnt matter if its about folding or anything else its the fact they copied htc and they do this to every company if i remember correctly linus made a funny quote about samsung "oh yeah we have that too" basically whenever another company had something that samsung didnt have they would also get this like the finger print scanner from apple. i do agree that its a good thing but the point still stands and i do get where people are getting from it is for a good cause so it shouldnt matter.

If you want to get technical, Apple stole it from the Motorola Atrix, which could also be used as a touch pad.

CPU:i7 5930k @4.5 Mobo:x99 Deluxe RAM:32gb Corsair @2800 GPU: SLI EVGA Titan X Case: Corsair 900D Storage: 6x 4TB Seagate SSHD(raid5), 2x500gb Samsung 850 Evo Raid0 PSU: Corsair ax1500i Audio: Asus Essence STX

When it's about Folding and BOINC, I don't consider it a ripoff.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

I don't get everyone's hate for Samsung. I mean, yeah, they produce lower quality phones than other manufacturers; yeah, they're "copying" another company with this app... But it's for the greater good, does it really matter?

Personally, I love Samsung for mobile technology. People go crazy about phones that don't provide a stock Android experience and most other people just hate on TouchWiz. I love TouchWiz. I think all other implementations of an Android interface (including stock) are seriously unintuitive and not so clean and nice.

Back to the topic here though, HTC makes an app that lets you use your phone as part of a supercomputer to help cure cancer - awesome news! Not bad at all, right?

Samsung makes an app that does the same thing (I did see something about "the first app to do this" in that post though....) and suddenly it's a terrible thing? Just because another company thought that doing good ain't a bad idea after someone else had already done it?

Please people - be nice. Don't hate something just because it's "cool" or "the in thing" to do. Dislike something if it's not your cup of tea or you think it's stupid... and don't preach it.

our phone helps to compute something? they do not have supercomputers? 

one E7-8890V2 is better then 50 just released galaxy S5 lets calculate 1000 of this equals 50 000 GALAxy s5 and why they do this? i believe it's not about helping some calculations.

they are making something from mobile phones like in BATMAN remember? (Morgan freeman now rememberd? :D)

1 of those Xeons from Intel is better than 50 S5s. Probably true.

1 of those Xeons AND 50 S5s is ~2x better than 1 of those Xeons. Times that by 1000....

I'd be willing to bet that there's a good few hundred thousand, maybe even over a million already, S5s out there. Let's say it's 500k and that 10% of users take up this app.

That works out at 50k S5s helping cure cancer on top of the supercomputers and desktops that people are already using. That's a lot of processing power. In the words of Linus: "More is more better". In the words of Tesco: "Every little helps".

Last time I checked everyone rips on each other in one way or more. Why does everyone seem to either pick on Samsung or Apple for this more frequently? Oh wait I get it.. its because people don't like Samsung or Apple.... Damn you Samsung and damn you Apple..

Also just because I can, damn you every other company that exists to make money whether it be through copying or not. Damn you all! 

But on a more serious note, I love my Nexus 5.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Who cares?

If it's something to help with cancer research and the like, who gives a fuck if the idea isn't "original".

My dad died of cancer so it honestly offends me that the concept of another company contributing to a good cause like this is being shitlisted because of blatant fanboyism, grow up.