For 2023, why not have a $5000 AMD Extreme Tech Upgrade?

RoseLuck462

Would be cool if AMD was willing to do that.

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

I think your body is part of the answer. I doubt just common sense would say any parties involved would be cool with taking an idea that was a cross sponsorship with Intel and take it to AMD. Just kind of feels dirty. 

Spoiler

i7-6700k OC'd 4.5Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1070 SC

Intel sponsors the whole series. They'd be pissed if LTT switched to doing the exact same bit with AMD. Also, those videos have evolved (or devolved depending on one's opinion) to much more than a rig upgrade, so honestly, the CPU going into the system is not even really a focal point. No one cares if its an Intel or AMD CPU getting put in.

Because AMD doesn't need extra exposure. They are selling like hotcakes without it.

This showed how desperate Intel getting our attention (and silently brainwashing LTT employees with BRIBES).

To be honest, LTT should remove the segment, it's borderline stupid.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 minute ago, SupaKomputa said:

Because AMD doesn't need extra exposure. They are selling like hotcakes without it.

This showed how desperate Intel getting our attention (and silently brainwashing LTT employees with BRIBES).

Or no one wants AMD kit, cause Intel better. See how that works. 😉

5 minutes ago, DigitalGoat said:

That has nothing to do with it, its literally because its intel sponsored, intel is the one putting up the 5k and then a significant amount on top for the ad time.

I just figured it was this... (or akin to) to tide Intel over in the news repeatedly advertising them.
if AMD wants to pony up the cash let them...

Intel-vs-AMD-1030x570.png

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

5 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

sounds like you've drunk too much of the AMD koolaid

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

17 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

Well the viewer numbers say other wise about it being stupid.

Saying that Advertising is about getting people to talk about the product, so saying its stupid is sorta win for Intel, as we are discussing it.

Full disclosure: I like the videos for the funny bits, and don't really care about the build all that much.

16 hours ago, divito said:

Considering Intel is upgrading so many staff members with it, wouldn't make a ton of sense for AMD to do it in 2023. If Intel isn't going to renew, perhaps AMD could do something beyond that.

AMD ultra $6,000 enhancement! 

Copyright that before Intel does to block AMD!!!

17 hours ago, DigitalGoat said:

then why dose Intel need LTT sponsorship? lol

Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

1 hour ago, lotus10101 said:

Other way around,  LTT needs Intel sponsorship.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

4 hours ago, lotus10101 said:

My comment was a sarcastic opposite view due to the obvious AMD fanboy comment/ tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist post that I referenced.

I actually have an all AMD system and am very happy with it, I also have an all Intel/ Nvidia system and am very happy with that aslo.

LMG, Intel and AMD are all businesses chasing profits, I am sure that if AMD offered LMG enough incentive for a sponsored series then LMG would take it, as long as the projected returns (views and subs mainly) were worth it as well.

All companies that want to be placed high in any market space have to have exposure to potential customers, that is the point of these sponsorship deals with YouTube content creators. If AMD wanted to sponsor anyone I am sure they would, but only if they thought it of value to them and only if they could outbid or appeal more to the prospective clients.

There is no conspiracy here, move along, nothing to see. 😀

I think most here are making the common mistake of thinking this sponsorship, which has been ongoing for past 2 years would somehow be about markets today. Its not. Intel is known for long-term sponsorship deals. Intel Extreme Masters series has been going on since 2007. This, compared to that sponsorship deal, is minor. Could AMD do something similar? Probably. Should they do it with LMG? Nah. If they would do their own AMD Threadrippers Dream series, it should be done with some other prolific network operating in tech/gaming scene.

And why not AMD Extreme? Intel Extreme used to be their top-level, prosumer series of gear. Currently known as i9 (which is why its found in most of the upgraded PCs). It would be pointless of AMD to advertise competition when they have their own hardcore sounding branding available.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

11 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

I think most here are making the common mistake of thinking this sponsorship, which has been ongoing for past 2 years would somehow be about markets today. Its not. Intel is known for long-term sponsorship deals. Intel Extreme Masters series has been going on since 2007. This, compared to that sponsorship deal, is minor. Could AMD do something similar? Probably. Should they do it with LMG? Nah. If they would do their own AMD Threadrippers Dream series, it should be done with some other prolific network operating in tech/gaming scene.

And why not AMD Extreme? Intel Extreme used to be their top-level, prosumer series of gear. Currently known as i9 (which is why its found in most of the upgraded PCs). It would be pointless of AMD to advertise competition when they have their own hardcore sounding branding available.

To LogicalDrm's point, it would make more sense, if AMD was so inclined, to choose a different personality/market, and have it be something like "AMDs EPYC Tech Makeover" or something.

Given the similarity though, reception would likely be mild. I'm sure their marketing teams can do something better.

Given that Intel Extreme Tech Upgrades are a normal series and it likely is an ongoing sponsorship series, I don't think that will end, because its a win win for LMG and Intel.

But LMG could give Linus an AMD themed Tech Upgrade with RDNA 3.

intel extreme tech upgrade, gets a Pentium for a paperweight and 7000 series amd everything else 🤣

Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~