UserBenchmark download warning?

Attempted to download UserBenchmark directly from their website (https://www.userbenchmark.com) and received numerous warnings that the file download contained either a virus or malware. I received this warning from not only Windows, but also Malwarebytes which promptly removed the download file.

I've used this program many times before with no issue until now.

Anyone else have this warning?

14108223_Screenshot(11).thumb.png.432e0d2cdcc42316491f0643db55d4b4.png

PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE AMMUNITION...

EVGA X299 Dark, i7-9800X, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 SLI

DO not use userbenchmark. Just stop using it, its not a good check on how your system is performing. The company has 0 credibility, they have a known bias and they skew their benchmarks on purpose. 

If i had a security program i too would add it to the malicious program list as its just shit. Just go get 3dMark, Heaven bench, Or some of the many other ones that are actually useful and dont have any bias. Stop using this shitty site and program 🙂

I wouldnt be surprised if theres something in the download that got flagged, these companies like hiding crap in them, but its more then likely malwarebytes just flagging something it IDS as potential issue rather then a full issue.

IDK about the installer itself, but userbenchmark is wildly inaccurate.

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

I don't use that program but Chrome flagged it as suspicious when I tried to download it just now. Not a big deal IMO - UserBenchmark is not a reliable benchmarking tool. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

13 hours ago, Dukesilver27- said:

IDK about the installer itself, but userbenchmark is wildly inaccurate.

Thinks my Vega 10 iGPU is a Vega 56/64 because Vega 10 is the family name for those.

-Did it look at the driver? No.

-Did it look to see it had 2gb VRAM? No. 

-Did it go "this is a laptop"? No.

-Did it recognize the difference between a  Sodimm from a regular DIMM? No

Ast best it's poorly written software, and at worst it's potentially malicious. 

At the beginning of lockdown, our university mandated the use of Lockdown Browser, which is a rootkit and malware and borderline a trojan, and it was bricking about 15% of all the systems it was on (including mine) and if you had a Macbook, it would not allow you to install it because it was a rootkit. We had enough trouble FORCING windows to allow it to be installed, and then when it was: any antivirus-antirootkit-antimalware-antitrojan program that was worth it's weight would not allow it to run the executable (Norton greenlit it and had no problems allowing it to run btw).

My now old HP Pavilion that I use as a Plex server and am doing light folding on (check out F@H, it's really awesome) has power virus mitigation that does not allow for the iGPU and CPU to run at full bore together over extended periods. That's great for everyday users and light gaming, but not great for Folding.