Has anyone successfully heard back from LTT Store support?

kwestionmark

I know posting for support is not allowed, but I'm just curious if anyone has ever heard anything back after emailing support@lttstore.com?

I purchased a backpack without realizing that my girlfriend secretly purchased one for me, so I have been trying for two weeks now to get one of my orders refunded (as much as I am in love with the backpack, not sure what I would do with two lol). I sent my first email over two weeks ago, and understanding that they are getting a lot of support tickets right now (I also work on my companies support team), I was more than happy to wait to hear something back. However, it has now been over two weeks and despite sending another email, the only response I have received is that my email has been received and that I will hear back from them.

So my question- has anyone been able to successfully get in contact with the support team? I don't mind waiting, I'm just hoping to get some sort of verification that I will eventually get a response. $250 if a lot of money, and while I don't necessarily need it back ASAP, I figured if I can get a refund before the order ships, the easier it will be for everyone.

EDIT: Well, I have no idea if this is just a coincidence, but about 5 minutes after posting this I got a email from the support team letting me know my duplicate order was cancelled and refunded.

I, too, am experiencing frustrating dead air from LTT Support.

17 days ago I ordered a number of items, including the backpack. The site indicated the backpack was in stock. For two weeks I head nothing. Four days ago I wrote to ask about my order status and I received an automated email telling me that they were too busy to answer my at the moment but they'd reply later. Still nothing. A few minutes ago, I sent a second request for an order status update. 

In my experience, the first sign that an organization is in trouble is poor communication and no response to customers who have placed orders. I certainly hope that LTT is not in financial difficulties, but I am increasingly finding it hard imagine another reason why, almost 20 days after placing an order, I have heard nothing in response.

They are hiring new people to help but it takes time to get people and train them. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

3 hours ago, Pickles von Brine said:

They are hiring new people to help but it takes time to get people and train them. 

This has been a problem since before Christmas last year, how long does it take to hire someone? I guess support job isn't as sexy as lab job. It's easier to pump videos about "look at our sexy upcoming lab" than "look at our epic sales support" 

3 hours ago, Daniel Szpiro said:

17 days ago I ordered a number of items, including the backpack. The site indicated the backpack was in stock. For two weeks I head nothing. Four days ago I wrote to ask about my order status and I received an automated email telling me that they were too busy to answer my at the moment but they'd reply later. Still nothing. A few minutes ago, I sent a second request for an order status update. 

It's not in stock. The message on the lttstore page explains when to expect the backpack to ship, depending on which wave your order was in. There's since been further delays due to their container being held up at the port which has pushed back shipping by a few more weeks.

THIS IS A BACK-ORDER, SO THERE WILL BE SOME DELAY BETWEEN ORDER & SHIPPING. HERE'S OUR BEST ESTIMATED SCHEDULE SO FAR:

WAVE 1 (9,700 PIECES): SHIPPED FROM OUR WAREHOUSE BY SEPTEMBER 20 (SHIPMENT DELAYED DUE TO PORT ISSUES. CURRENT SHIPPING ESTIMATE: EARLY OCTOBER) (SOLD OUT)

WAVE 2 (10,000 PIECES): SHIPPED FROM OUR WAREHOUSE BY OCTOBER 10 (SOLD OUT)

WAVE 3 (10,000 PIECES): SHIPPED FROM OUR WAREHOUSE BY OCTOBER 30

WAVE 4 (10,000 PIECES): SHIPPED FROM OUR WAREHOUSE BY NOVEMBER 10

WE'LL PROVIDE UPDATES TO EXPECTED SHIPPING DATES AS SOON AS WE CAN.

THE LONG-AWAITED LTT BACKPACK HAS ARRIVED FOR BACK-ORDER!

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

20 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

This has been a problem since before Christmas last year, how long does it take to hire someone? I guess support job isn't as sexy as lab job. It's easier to pump videos about "look at our sexy upcoming lab" than "look at our epic sales support" 

Bro, they just had two MASSIVE launches in less than 3 months. They are swamped. And yes it can take that amount of time to higher people only to realize you need to hire even MORE people. However, you also have to note that just because you have a huge influx of orders and tickets doesn't mean you will still have that same workload a month later. Panic hiring is counter productive too. Linus has stated and and acknowledged this is an issue. He has also said to be patient. 

LTT pumping out videos is one of their main ways they pay their bills and employees so that would take a priority. That being said, they have an entire separate section of the company called Creator Warehouse that handles merch. They are swamped. They just sold 20000 backpacks and over 90000 screw drivers and whatever else goes along with those things, plus all the other merch they do. That is a lot of customers. They have a total team of 80 people. 10 or so people are from creator warehouse. There right now are 2 people who handle tickets. Though I am sure others from creator warehouse are pitching it. This is just a massive amount of people and orders. 

These are growing pains. This kind of shit happens. It sucks ass. However, screaming and yelling ain't going to fix it. Being patient and not an jerk goes a long way. 

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

17 minutes ago, Pickles von Brine said:

Bro, they just had two MASSIVE launches in less than 3 months. They are swamped.

If this was any other company everyone would be up in arms. It is not unreasonable to expect to have a support person respond to you at all. This issue has been going on for a long time, before the launches of the products. Considering the markup, and "premium" quality of their products you should be able to get support.

5 minutes ago, Coolmaster said:

If this was any other company everyone would be up in arms. It is not unreasonable to expect to have a support person respond to you at all. This issue has been going on for a long time, before the launches of the products. Considering the markup, and "premium" quality of their products you should be able to get support.

That is fair. That being said he has mentioned he is looking for help. 

On 9/20/2022 at 9:22 PM, Blue4130 said:

Honestly, I don't see a reason why they can't milk the "look at our epic sales support setup" idea dry...like everything else. At least I'll be more interested, being in the Service Desk field. 

2pegow.png

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

3 hours ago, Pickles von Brine said:

Bro, they just had two MASSIVE launches in less than 3 months. They are swamped. And yes it can take that amount of time to higher people only to realize you need to hire even MORE people. However, you also have to note that just because you have a huge influx of orders and tickets doesn't mean you will still have that same workload a month later. Panic hiring is counter productive too. Linus has stated and and acknowledged this is an issue. He has also said to be patient. 

LTT pumping out videos is one of their main ways they pay their bills and employees so that would take a priority. That being said, they have an entire separate section of the company called Creator Warehouse that handles merch. They are swamped. They just sold 20000 backpacks and over 90000 screw drivers and whatever else goes along with those things, plus all the other merch they do. That is a lot of customers. They have a total team of 80 people. 10 or so people are from creator warehouse. There right now are 2 people who handle tickets. Though I am sure others from creator warehouse are pitching it. This is just a massive amount of people and orders. 

These are growing pains. This kind of shit happens. It sucks ass. However, screaming and yelling ain't going to fix it. Being patient and not an jerk goes a long way. 

They knew that they were launching two major products, and they have enough Merch history to know what sort of support would be needed. They did not address it before and they did not address it this time. It is short sighted looking from the outside. 

There are work arounds for this. There are plenty of temp workers who could easily fill this roll for a month or two. Especially at this time of year. So many students would kill to intern temporarily at ltt. It would be a great opportunity for both sides. Ltt gets temporary help, students get real world work experience. 

I have heard from them before, and they gave me a gift card in a situation where they didn't need to.

I recently contacted them, and it took about 2 weeks to get a reply. This was btw from someone new afaik, so they are hiring new people for it.

I will say that aside from order specific questions, Linus has been on the forums here as well to answer a lot of general questions, and a lot of that has been what I can only assume is outside of his 'regular' work hours.

They are obviously trying, and I still think they offer quality support, they just really need to get the response time to a max of a few work days, and since they are hiring and admitting to slow responses, I can only assume that this is their goal.

12 hours ago, Pickles von Brine said:

Merch should be outsourced, not handled by LTT at all.  Gamer's Nexus ran into this with their mats.

Classic case of trying too much.  

I've always said just because you can do a thing well doesn't mean you can handle a company doing that thing.  Making videos is VASTLY different than running a mutli-million dollar company doing those videos.

Wonder when the sheep will stop looking at Linus as a god and everything he touches/produces as amazing.  *shrug*  But this thread is just someone whining about the fact other people bought the same shit they did.  Expecting a YT video company to have good merch support and inventory is just stupid.

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

13 hours ago, Dedayog said:

Merch should be outsourced, not handled by LTT at all.  Gamer's Nexus ran into this with their mats.

I've always said just because you can do a thing well doesn't mean you can handle a company doing that thing.  Making videos is VASTLY different than running a mutli-million dollar company doing those videos.

Wonder when the sheep will stop looking at Linus as a god and everything he touches/produces as amazing.  *shrug*  But this thread is just someone whining about the fact other people bought the same shit they did.  Expecting a YT video company to have good merch support and inventory is just stupid.

They do have a company they work with that facilitates merch for. They do not do all the merch sales out of their building. Linus and co (because it isn't just linus running the company BTW) work hard to have good products. If you don't think it is good, that is on you. 

Linus helps guide a multi-million dollar business that requires a team of editors, writers, cinematographers, general staff, accounting, and more. Yes, linus is on every video but he has a team behind him. I bet you lunch just his payroll alone is close to 4 million a year. 

He isn't a god, he is a person who has worked his ass off to get what he has. He also stands behind his word and his product. Yes, he makes mistakes. But he does give a shit. And, he has a vision. So he is doing his dammedest to get there. 

Is he doing too much? Yes, maybe he is. However, he has a vision and he is throwing himself and his team into it. Making merch, videos, getting sponsorships, ad revenue, affliate links,  R&D (yes, they do this) and now a lab. He isn't just steering the business on a whim. Him and his business team has made a decisions to get here and where to go from here. Furthermore, if he doesn't have the knowledge or people to do what he wants or needs he is willing to put his money where is mouth is. Hire the right people for the right job. He has and continues to do this. 

Any effort into trivializing any of that effort of not just him, but his team deserves than a snide remark. What he does is more than just a YouTube video company. A hell of a lot more. 

15 hours ago, Dedayog said:

GN is small compared to LMG, different story. On top of that Linus wants to keep control and is willing to pay for it.

You can argue if it's smart all you want, but that's the choice they made, and if they get support running properly, it will be beneficial for the people buying that stuff.