LMG Sponsor Complaints

CPotter
13 minutes ago, dr680402 said:

On the WAN show a week or two ago, LTT had a special for green man gaming where you could get a year subscription for free however I still haven't gotten my code. Has anyone else gotten their code or does it also say "awaiting key" for you guys?image.thumb.png.89b93884031547078c38e2fb2d800b90.png

If you check "My Profile" you should have the gold member status

17 minutes ago, LMGcommunity said:

Logged out, cleared cache/cookies, logged in, checked profile, bronze, and still "awaiting key."

27 minutes ago, LMGcommunity said:

This one should be fixed. We're looking into the other ones.

Logged out, cleared cache/cookies, logged in, changed address, tried a fresh session following the link from the video, then ctrl+c/ctrl+v the code right from the video description. Still no dice.

I thank you guys for being so on top of things and responding to problems like these. You guys rock. ❤️

December 04 (16;27;34).png

December 04 (16;29;02).png

40 minutes ago, RagePoweredGamer said:

I'm having issues with 2 recent codes not working and/or discounts being wrong.

Firstly, the ifixit code in the video "This Is Actually Insane" on Techlinked, the FREESHIP code does not work.

Update to this: We reached out to iFixit about this issue, and it was clarified that there is a minimum spend of $80 to qualify for free shipping using code FREESHIP. We will be sure to include this info in any future promotions we release regarding this campaign. Sorry for the confusion!

3 minutes ago, LMGcommunity said:

Update to this: We reached out to iFixit about this issue, and it was clarified that there is a minimum spend of $80 to qualify for free shipping using code FREESHIP. We will be sure to include this info in any future promotions we release regarding this campaign. Sorry for the confusion!

I really don't mean to be annoying, but that doesn't seem to solve it. I just really wanted to get this for my cousin before the promo ended. Sorry!

I think this might be a lost cause at this point. I'll stop hounding you about it. I'm sorry...

December 04 (16;36;52).png

10 minutes ago, RagePoweredGamer said:

Logged out, cleared cache/cookies, logged in, checked profile, bronze, and still "awaiting key."

We'll have someone from the team contact you to help solve the GMG issue.

4 minutes ago, RagePoweredGamer said:

I really don't mean to be annoying, but that doesn't seem to solve it.

Goodness gracious, sorry about that. We'll reach out to ifixit again.

4 hours ago, LMGcommunity said:

I have exactly the same problem; actually came here to ask if anyone had it too. Profile still says bronze and awaiting code. 

52 minutes ago, Shagbert said:

I have exactly the same problem; actually came here to ask if anyone had it too. Profile still says bronze and awaiting code. 

Mine shows gold from this offer.  I still don't know what it is even for.

On 12/4/2023 at 10:24 PM, Darth Riker said:

The code for GL.iNet in the latest Techquickie doesn't work. Keeps saying the code is invalid.

Based on the comments in the video a few people are having the same problem.

Well - now the code said it's only valid for the GL-AXT1800 and even then is a 20% discount. It can't be applied to the GL-MT3000. It's also not the "69%" that's mentioned in the video.

So... not sure what's going on with this one.

On 11/29/2023 at 4:42 AM, AbsoluteWoo said:

Two lessons to be learnt here.

1) Corsair make god-awful mice. I had a Corsair Glaive which developed an issue with the scroll wheel. They sent me a replacement for free but again after a few months the scroll wheel broke again and I started having issues with the left click. I switched to a Razer Viper Ultimate and I've never looked back. It's better in every single way.

2) iCue is a buggy mess. Always has been, probably always will be.

Strong agree. Every corsair mouse I've had has failed in less than a year. I normally buy some variant of the m65 as it fits my hand. 

Corsair is now refusing to warranty any mice I have issues with. 

Delidded, custom IHS i7-8700k @ 5.2ghz

Founders Edition GTX970

It's been a while since there has been a Pulseway sponsor, but my experience with them over the last year has just been so annoying, I had to cancel. 

I'M REALLY sorry for the wall of text. But I wanted to get my story out.

These two WAN show clips have been my primary experience if you don't want to read it:
(PS, I wish there was a way to collapse parts of messages in this forum so I could format it nicer)

I have used them since 2019 and it's been fine.

Over the last year, late 2022, something changed in their support team.

I started getting a lot of calls and emails.

With every monthly set of emails comes a week of them trying to contact me on the phone.

(I have blurred out the Reps names because I don't want anyone to harass them)

Sept 2022, polite no thank you:

Spoiler

image.png.56abed83fbdb4d602038d1f9a7a2b889.png

More emails Nov 2022:

Spoiler

image.png.def32c92015338d66dc1d2c1a5d60e32.png

She eventually got me on the phone and I told them that I no longer wanted to be contacted that I didn't appreciate it.

Feb 2023, she completely ignores that request:

Spoiler

image.png.6c0114bd56ff0f244644a32436b3804f.png

March 2023, she ignores it. I'm hoping with these emails and calls that they'll just stop:

Spoiler

image.png.380021e1f67df15d0511b7a7472141b4.png

May 2023:

Spoiler

image.png.b2690688337237cb6afcfbb89d873a81.png

A new rep comes in May 2023. By this point I was FED UP WITH THEM. I was so sick of the calls and the emails, I started being very direct:

Spoiler

image.png.92115e6de6011310104f4f5b442c211d.png

A month later, in June & July 2023, this same rep ignores:
(I should have been nicer, but I was really annoyed with the calls that were coming every month too)

Spoiler

image.png.5d08e512a471ee7bc0bc0b762a96907b.png

August 2023, new rep and also ignores these requests:

Spoiler

image.png.deb065154ff4167f084e8c28d3cde434.png
image.png.07c930f5a64b362c9d95fa58939154b5.png

I was really hoping J would get it with this because I got nothing in September, but like the rest of them, two months later the emails and phone calls came again.
Oct 2023:

Spoiler

image.png.09a051a0625864385549f34e9b2c350f.png

Nov got bad with the calls, but probably because I was up for renewal soon:

Spoiler

image.png.ebcb3a15fc6b2b6f3927af931ff7aa85.png

image.png.993729d6f182273311782e10989760b6.png

November 9th of this year was the straw that broke the camels back. I had been getting multiple calls a day for 3 day straight.

Here's the full email chain from the 9th.

Spoiler

image.png.ea69d0f99607defa32339a01931965b8.png

image.png.f6f7d464ddcfed2ed72b25aebcac46c1.png

-----------------------
That was it. I cancelled their service a few weeks later. It was just too much for me. You can see the system let me cancel and I was done. Phew.

Spoiler

image.png.ca802ff5b7fe2bb1237059dd59cefb4d.png

I don't understand how companies can't understand that some people just want to buy a product but be left alone after the purchase. The fact that I had to do it for so long was insane.

The icing on the cake that made me decide to share this with everyone was the email I got earlier today:

Spoiler

image.png.8e0760b797bf5070b7011124b456024c.png

Yeah. That's right. When I canceled, I wrote in the closure notes that I just couldn't stand the incessant calls and emails from them. It was insane. 3 days after the cancellation was done, I get call (that I ignored), and this email. "I understand you did not want to be emailed"...  but I want to talk to you anyways. LOL. Their reps LIE and pretend that I _have_ to talk to them to process a cancellation that is already done. 

I'm done with this company forever. They will never get a single penny from me ever again.

Edited by bashNinja
Updated for better formatting with spoiler tags. Thanks @LightwreatherJfromN

1 hour ago, bashNinja said:

(PS, I wish there was a way to collapse parts of messages in this forum so I could format it nicer)

fwiw, you could use spoilers

Spoiler

this one up here image.png.7bc3fb83c2f7f15f4b66f0e50780220b.png

"The most important step a man can take. It’s not the first one, is it?
It’s the next one. Always the next step, Dalinar."
–Chapter 118, Oathbringer, Stormlight Archive #3 by Brandon Sanderson

Older stuff:

Spoiler

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

Hi, not sure if Minisforum is a sponsor but you guys have covered them a few times and I bought their product based on Jake's videos on them. Not really a complaint but a compliment (there's no thread for those lol) on their service. I recently won a Twitter contest and they were incredibly nice in ensuring the prize was delivered to me safely and I was reimbursed for any import taxes that was imposed.

On the product itself, I bought the Minisforum UM790 Pro that Jake tried at Computex 2023. It works pretty well (I actually play Genshin Impact at 4k on it). Only issue is related to the Radeon 780M driver causing the browser to occasionally go black. I did some googling and this is more an AMD issue regardless of the hardware so can't really ding Minisforum for it.

Hi LMG, I purchased a Ugreen PowerRoam 1200. After it was featured in your Compensator 4 video.

What I didn't realize, and I don't think it was mentioned in the video, is that the PowerRoam requires an Android app in order to use most of its features. Rather concerning though, is that the app isn't offered on the Google Play Store. In fact, it's just a link to an APK on MediaFire. Even more concerning is that when I scanned this file with ClamAV, it was flagged as a trojan. Here are the results of an online virus scan of their APK (I think that link should be cached and stay alive, though I'm not super familiar with that service).

Did LMG validate the "smart" features of this product? I can definitely say that my confidence in using any Ugreen product is definitely shaken, and I won't be using one that connects to my network or plugs into any of my devices.

On 11/10/2023 at 3:09 PM, Asus_NAsupport said:

Allow us to apologize for any inconvenience received at this time and we'll be happy to assist as best as possible. We'll reach out to you via private message to gather additional information and look into this matter further.

Well we are already off to a very bad start. So i got my message from 10th of November, asking for some information on my case. All of this info was provided on the 12th November, and i was informed that i would get some kind of reply within 24-48 hours. after a few days of waiting, past the 48 hour mark i reached out to them asking for an update. They informed me that they would contact me when they had some more information. I got an email back on the 17thbof November stating that they said, "Thank you for your patience Myles. At this time our team is still reviewing your case files and posts made. Once completed our team will advise on the next course of action which can be taken." Well now its the 11th of December and I still have not revived any sort of response from Asus. I have a feeling that the only reason i got a message from them on the 17th was because i emailed them first. And if it was not for this then i never would have received an email I have also not received any private emails from Asus and the Karl fellow since he emailed me with the Used 3080 Tuf GPU that he was calming was new what it was blatantly used. Well we are nearing 5 months now since the start of this RMA issue. not including the time before now that i had to send in my GPU and was sent a Broken GPU that i was told was brand new.... 

Needless to say I am not happy. And Asus has so far done nothing to regain any aspect of my trust. They cant follow threw on there time lines or there ability to give any kind of updates. I have reached out to Asus via the email on this site along with threw my private email. 

quick update to secretlab. They havent reached out again, but they are deleting messages and emoji's (that dont break their rules) on their discord. They're also looking to hire a new community manager 

Ubiquity is facing a serious security issue where people are accidentally getting notifications from camera feeds or accessing cloud portals that belong to other people: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/ubiquiti-users-report-having-access-to-others-unifi-routers-cameras/

So far, they haven't been transparent about how this is even possible to happen.

28 minutes ago, Garcia98 said:

So far, they haven't been transparent about how this is even possible to happen.

They've made a statement now

https://community.ui.com/questions/Bug-Fix-Cloud-Access-Misconfiguration/fe8d4479-e187-4471-bf95-b2799183ceb7

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Regarding Pulseway - for what it's worth, I've been using Pulseway for a few years now and have generally had a good time with them.
I've heard that, since their Avaya acquisition, they've become like this - pushy, covered in sales, hard to unsubscribe from and bad at stopping cancelled payments - but I've had no experiences like this. While, yes, we do get your standard marketing emails (new updates, here's what's coming, try out this, look at that) it's obviously just mass marketing, not directed at us from our account manager, and when I've unsubscribed, that's been respected.

We did, at one point, keep getting emails from someone who apparently works in the sales team, whose emails were either very plain but decently worded (he'd never reply to my messages back to those) or outright draft-worthy - we had one such email that was essentially words to the effect of "I bet you'd hate yourself if you didn't have X and Y and then the shit hit the fan, you should probably buy a tool before it's too late lol" - our AM apologised and handled it, and we haven't had one since.

While I think that content was particularly unprofessional, and can see that Pulseway do lag behind on their responses to things like posts on their suggestions forum and tend to deploy new developments later than promised, I think I can sum Pulseway up to this: they still feel like a somewhat small team with good ideas. They're doing marketing, making good products, handling billing here and emailing there and so on - but they lack the structured, professional guidance, roadmapping, and sheer-number-of-staff that you get with a more sizeable and regimented business.

Anyway all that said, my point was mostly to provide my experience as a counterpoint to the horrible spam above; my experience has been good but I've heard things like this that make me wonder if I got a few good AMs or am in a branch (AU/Oceania) that's specifically been told or trained not to follow some of these practises.

After months of dealing with ASUS redirecting me to Best Buy and Best Buy trying to charge me to fix a laptop under warranty I came here and complained in this forum post.       A month or so later ASUS reached out on the forums to me.

I spent time going back and forth giving them all the information they asked for.   About the Laptop, about my interactions with ASUS and with Best Buy.

And at the time I expressed my frustration with the fact that once ASUS was going to allow me to use their support directly they tried to tell me it was now out of warranty and i would have to pay for the repair (as if they delayed until they could say its out of warranty).

Low and behold after I submitted the form they asked me to for starting the support case I got this reply on the forums here.

https://linustechtips.com/messenger/315477/?do=findComment&comment=970819

"

Asus_NAsupport  7 

· Industry Affiliate

Replied: 13 hours ago

•  

Thank you for your patience. Just to confirm, have you tried a shorter cable that is less than 2 meters to see if it can be detected? The last resort option would be sending the product in for repairs to check for software or hardware relate issues. However, the product has been Out of Warranty since 05/10/2023 and there would be a repair cost."

How did this change anything?   They are doing exactly the same thing again.   Telling me its now out of warranty (to be clear when I first called ASUS it was still well within its warranty) and now i would have to pay to have it repaired.

I was so ready to come back to this forum post to say "Hey, ASUS reached out and finally agreed to do the right thing." and say maybe LMG should keep them as a sponsor.    NO WAY!   This convinces me more than ever that the company is not concerned about customers anymore.  LMG should drop them.

On 5/4/2022 at 1:31 AM, CPotter said:

Hey everybody!

Let us know if you have any issues with sponsors we're currently running across any of LMG's channels. The business team is active here and will chime in and respond as necessary. Please keep discussion related to sponsor complaints and on topic in this thread. We'll do our best to field any complaints, and address them as necessary, but also make sure reach out to the companies in question as well first, if you're having any problems.

Thanks for watching our content, and for the support and feedback, we really do appreciate it. 🙂 

Hey, more of a concern than a complaint as I'm not a customer; but about Wicked Cushions who have sponsored a few videos including the lastest GameLinked, I was going to complain to them about not shipping to my country on twitter (unrelated lol) and noticed their twitter is how do I say... not what I typically expect for a brand account.

https://twitter.com/wickedcushions/with_replies

(same account that is in the footer of their website)

I guess it's the CEO's personal account as well? Just struck me as odd

I'm not pushing for you to drop them just wanted to make you aware.

image.png.938ad0567bc49d4d93768322460fe16d.png

image.png.1a29e33b87c46b03d6cb1f4680e567ec.png

Anybody know what happened to Ridge's suitcase (their "Carry-On Luggage" product)? It was the sponsor spot in the LTT "Fixing my phone" video but it's nowhere to be found on their site.

Edit: their site automatically redirects to their UK site without any notification and their Luggage category isn't available outside of the US and Canada. I'd recommend they update their site so it gives notification to the user of the redirect (most stores do so I'm not sure why Ridge doesn't). Leaving this here just in case they see this.

20 hours ago, Rumble said:

"Thank you for your patience. Just to confirm, have you tried a shorter cable that is less than 2 meters to see if it can be detected? The last resort option would be sending the product in for repairs to check for software or hardware relate issues. However, the product has been Out of Warranty since 05/10/2023 and there would be a repair cost."

Okay that's so bad that it is now comical. Asus have actually descended to Patrick Star levels of competence.

spacer.png

I know this is stretching the limits of what is appropriate in this thread but I seriously think the Asus rep and support contact should see this meme so that they can understand how bad of a response that actually is. If you're just going to deny the claim anyway don't make people jump through hoops. Either grow a spine and deny it outright or actually help. I know 12 year olds that could give more coherent support than that.