LMG Sponsor Complaints

CPotter
On 6/17/2022 at 8:58 AM, TechyAlex said:

Thank you Sean! I will update when I hear from them.

Heard back from ZeroLatency today. They explained that the employee at the location was fairly new and had not heard about the promotion. They said they have remedied the issue and offered me a few free visits, which I declined as I don't live close to any of their locations. 

I'd say that solves the problem 🙂 all good from my end. Thanks @SeanLMGfor helping with this! 

On 6/20/2022 at 5:26 AM, DanFraser said:

*Snip

Another thing I notice that their build, setup and testing is $99, whereas in many ads I heard from LTT is $75 flat, but I guess they change it fairly recently.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

I have an anti-complaint about Honey. Yes, they may or may not by hoovering up my data when I make a purchase but they did just save me ~$100 on glasses so that's a worthy trade off. Honey does "what it says on the box" and you can't ask much more these days. 🙂

11 hours ago, Kev said:

I have an anti-complaint about Honey. Yes, they may or may not by hoovering up my data when I make a purchase but they did just save me ~$100 on glasses so that's a worthy trade off. Honey does "what it says on the box" and you can't ask much more these days. 🙂

Agreed. Honey has saved me a good chunk of money at this point and even let me keep a $50 refund after their own mistake.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Hello I am writing in regards to the most recent LLT video about OnePlus. In that video you guys discuss how OnePlus can no longer be recommended by you due to their several problems. However in the June 17th TechLinked video you have a sponsorship by OnePlus. Why is it that you don't recommend them, but then recommend them in a paid TechLinked episode?

@CPotter I think you should not let oneplus sponsor videos, promoting their oneplus 10 on the channel when you are clearly not happy about them as shown on the most recent ltt video. The video sais you would not recommend them, so why promote them? 

12 hours ago, driver160 said:

@CPotter I think you should not let oneplus sponsor videos, promoting their oneplus 10 on the channel when you are clearly not happy about them as shown on the most recent ltt video. The video sais you would not recommend them, so why promote them? 

17 hours ago, BenNotTen said:

Hello I am writing in regards to the most recent LLT video about OnePlus. In that video you guys discuss how OnePlus can no longer be recommended by you due to their several problems. However in the June 17th TechLinked video you have a sponsorship by OnePlus. Why is it that you don't recommend them, but then recommend them in a paid TechLinked episode?

I would think GPL Violations would also be an issue:

GitHub Complaint Thread (One of several)

Reddit Thread Example (Again One of Many)

As someone with a stack of OnePlus devices, it's rather frustrating. I will say I don't have any of these issues, but I don't run OOS.

On 6/21/2022 at 7:35 PM, TechyAlex said:

Heard back from ZeroLatency today. They explained that the employee at the location was fairly new and had not heard about the promotion. They said they have remedied the issue and offered me a few free visits, which I declined as I don't live close to any of their locations. 

I'd say that solves the problem 🙂 all good from my end. Thanks @SeanLMGfor helping with this! 

Happy this got taken care of, thanks @TechyAlex!

On 5/20/2022 at 4:38 AM, PeachGr said:

Manscapped lawnmower 3.0 

I bought that, and it stopped working after 1 use. I contacted support and they be sent me a replacement that died after 2 weeks. Now the third died on my hands after about 6 months. I have used it normally, charged it at low wattage and I m really really careful on cleaning it with water. Arm I have 3 e waste products at home.

Also when you but it, there is a hidden subscription for about 10€ per month for a useless part (blades)

Photo of their waterproof. I ve washed it a few times in low pressure water from a sink. They did a good job keeping the water inside I guess

IMG_20220521_085333.jpg

Idk about 'hidden subscription', it's pretty well known as a subscription service, but yeah that's some shotty waterproofing

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

1 hour ago, Jtalk4456 said:

hidden subscription

It is checked on and you have to check it off manually, and that's shady. 

16 minutes ago, PeachGr said:

It is checked on and you have to check it off manually, and that's shady. 

Oh there's a talk to be had about opt in vs opt out, but saying hidden is a different issue. 

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

On 6/20/2022 at 9:43 AM, RedRound2 said:

An update regarding Volta

I bought a giga 130W charger from them based on Short-circuit/LTT ad last September. It finally delivered after 7 months of delay (was supposed to ship in November, I got it this June). They did seem to have genuine issues with manufacturing, shipping, etc. so I wont take too many points from them.

But 3 weeks back ordered a carrying case from them. Made the payment but no ETA or communication on when its shipping or arriving, even after 2 follow up mails and posting on their forum

I know they're a small company struggling to keep their boat afloat, but I feel they should be a little more responsible and not go overboard in taking pre-orders and taking forever to deliver them

I don't really have any suggestions, nor have I associated with them long enough to determine if LMG should work with them or not, but I'm just sharing my experience here

As far as I know LTT has paused their partnership with Volta [See last posts of a older sponsorship complaint thread]

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1416749-weekly-sponsorship-suggestioncomplaint-thread-march-2022/page/2/

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

I just saw the ad for saymine and thought it sounded good so decided to look up how it works and what their promises are about not abusing the data you're giving them. So it works by giving them read access to all your emails as far as I can tell (can't believe you guys just went ahead and did that) and optionally giving them access to send emails on your behalf. I get that they need some way to identify the accounts so sure, however I could not find any marketing materials about how they use the data they can gather from this, how they promise not to be the bad guys and how they promise to keep your data safe. It might be somewhere in their privacy policy but the fact that they don't talk about their own data privacy in the marketing material makes me not trust them personally. On top of that they are based in tel-aviv which privacy wise does not exactly have the best track record. And I don't know if they have privacy protections similar to GDPR but I would think they would very explicitly put something like that front and center on their site. 

All in all I would not personally feel good recommending this service and I would not give them access to my emails. Seems counter productive when you're trying to improve your privacy. 

Hi,
I don't know if that is also something LMG might want to look into.
Mista GG just published a video how he was treated by manscaped.
It sounds like Manscaped is treating smaller Creators really really bad. From underselling to not paying at all.

I'm guessing Manscaped isn't really able to do this with LMG but LMG probably also has the power to put Manscaped into its place.

Regards, Turtle

On 7/14/2022 at 11:27 AM, Mobrockers said:

Hi, 

I just saw the ad for saymine and thought it sounded good so decided to look up how it works and what their promises are about not abusing the data you're giving them. So it works by giving them read access to all your emails as far as I can tell (can't believe you guys just went ahead and did that) and optionally giving them access to send emails on your behalf. I get that they need some way to identify the accounts so sure, however I could not find any marketing materials about how they use the data they can gather from this, how they promise not to be the bad guys and how they promise to keep your data safe. It might be somewhere in their privacy policy but the fact that they don't talk about their own data privacy in the marketing material makes me not trust them personally. On top of that they are based in tel-aviv which privacy wise does not exactly have the best track record. And I don't know if they have privacy protections similar to GDPR but I would think they would very explicitly put something like that front and center on their site. 

All in all I would not personally feel good recommending this service and I would not give them access to my emails. Seems counter productive when you're trying to improve your privacy. 

Wanted to piggyback off this a bit, I remember they or someone else had a sponsorship from them a few months ago and I checked it out. The system, at least then, was pretty rudimentary where it just sends an email to the company asking for them to delete your data and that's it, I would have at least expected something a bit better based on how they try to sell it to you. They make it sound like they'll keep pushing to get the company to delete your data or something but it was just a single email and then the company would respond directly to you and probably half the time they'd just say "no" to the request since I'm not in a specific state like California or in Europe so it was pretty pointless.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

22 hours ago, Robyn H said:

lots of people seem to be having issues with the UNVR v1 from ubiquiti lots of comments about it but nobody from the company is responding

UNVR stopped responding - just white flashing light | Ubiquiti Community

We can ping our contacts. 

23 hours ago, turtles_vrywhr said:

Hi,
I don't know if that is also something LMG might want to look into.
Mista GG just published a video how he was treated by manscaped.
It sounds like Manscaped is treating smaller Creators really really bad. From underselling to not paying at all.

I'm guessing Manscaped isn't really able to do this with LMG but LMG probably also has the power to put Manscaped into its place.

Regards, Turtle

I haven't watched the video yet but we will. @GeoffLMG - Our experience with them has been great from the start, but you're right and that might just be because even a few years ago our following was still much larger compared to smaller creators.

I noticed that another person had posted about FlexiSpot advertising the LTT review of their product on their pages, and I wanted to share about my incredibly awful experience I had with them. I had a literal bait and switch pulled on me during the Amazon Prime Day deal on their E7 Pro Plus Frame (the same one reviewed by LTT and they have Linus laying on the desk on the Amazon product page). The desk was advertised to be the E7 Pro Plus legs with the Premium Keypad. The 3 Stage legs on the page. The Legs had 3 color options Black, White, and Silver. Black was not on sale so I chose Silver over White for my space. What I received was not the E7 Pro Legs. It did not have double crossbars, cable management tray, or the premium keypad. The legs were 3 stage but onle a single crossbar and max weight rating of 275lbs I promptly checked Amazon to see if I accidentally ordere the wrong thing. Low and Behold the product option had been removed and clicking on the item I ordered takes me to the E7 Pro Plus legs but in Black. Clearly there had been a mistake, and this was a sold by FlexiSpot item. Ok no big deal I will just contact them to get it sorted out. I tried through chat on Amazon and they simply ignored the fact that I had received the wrong item and simply told me that the legs could hold 355lbs after checking with relevant staff. Ok whatever I'll just call in, it is kind of a weird situation after all. I try 2 different times to call and both times I get timed out (which is only after 5 min for their call line) saying no one is available, call back later. At this point I have a half assembled desk in my living room that I am putting off repackaging and sending back to Amazon, but I am trying to wait to send it back until I can find out how FlexiSpot can remedy this. I have now just got finished with probably the most frustrating email chain of my life with their support and can confidently say this company does not care about its customers. I don't want this post to be too long or whiny, but I can share my correspondence if necessary. I just wanted people to know and since they are using LTT as a form of advertisement I figured it was important. I will be filing a report against them as a seller on Amazon for bait and switch but I doubt anything comes of it. Just going to have to wait til Black Friday now. Probably just gonna cough up my dough to UpLift cause at least they will treat me like a human being.

Hi LMG team

Thought I'd share the horror show I'm experiencing with LG. After watching the below video I was sold on giving OLED a try for gaming. So shopped around and actually ended up against my better judgement ordering directly from LG's webpage instead of Amazon to save a 100 bucks. Well it has been about a month and here's the LG shit show

1. TV ordered 7.4.2022 

2. TV Shipped 7.6.2022

3. TV Damaged 7.10.2022 @Fedex

4. Per LG TV sent back to them and deliver to the Englewood Cliffs, NJ location

5. I contacted LG on 7.11.2022 and inquired on the damaged shipment and asked when they would be dispatching a replacement. They instructed me that I would need to file a damage claim with Fedex and process a return. I explained that I cannot process a return/damage claim on a item I did not receive and provided them the detailed tracking info showing them they had got the TV back. I've called 6 times and up to I could not even begin to guess on the emails as of 7.25.2022. I've got the order info and fedex tracking if you want it. 

Update 7.29.2022 Another 2 hours on the phone today to be instructed to call fedex again. Followed up email and the fedex documentation

@CPotter

Update 7.30.2022 - LG chat just straight up dropped me on my ass after refusing to call their online support center lol

Update 8.3.2022 - Was on the phone with LG again this morning given the usual run around - had to drop the call to catch a flight asked them for a follow email - no response

Update 8.5.2022 email response today letting me know LG does not offer a replacement or exchange program. Absolutely incredible. Their customer service department makes the US government look outright efficient. 

Update 8.9.2022 - Finally got a return confirmation number but they will not issue my refund until (they get the item back from Fedex) so I again provided the fedex confirmation number should they got the item back early july. Also totaled it up 76 emails, 19 calls at an average of 45 min a piece. 

Update 8.10.2022 2 hours on the phone with them and 8 different people but I finally got a return authorization. Which they promptly emailed me a return lable for an item I don't have lol they are telling me to ignore it. 

Update 8.19.2022 Another 2 hour phone session but I finally got my return. I do hereby solemnly swear I will never purchase a LG product again. This has been the worst customer service experience of my life. Hope you drop them on their ass LMG team.

So long story short there is no circumstance to which I will ever again purchase a LG anything 😄 would you all recommend Sony or Samsung for a replacement?

LGE CHAT.pdf

vi 

LGE CHAT.pdf

I don’t have permission to post in the sponsor discussion board so apologies if this is the wrong place to post this info, but the link shown on WAN show tonight was broken and people were too distracted with Linus’ echo to notice the broken link? http://lmg.gg/UBIQUITIWAN http://lmg.gg/ubiquitiwan

Sorry to hear you had issues sometimes AMAZON will throw packages nowhere near my front porch but UPS is by far the worst they won’t even show up but say they did or damage my packages. 

I just ordered my 2nd LG Unltra gear to go with my 34GN830A-B because I love the sleak , crisp, perfectly curved HDR Display @ 160HZ. The desk that I use for computing isn’t large enough for another monitor 27 inches or more so I went with the ultragear 24GN650-B and got a 2nd VESA/ViVo(lol) adjustable mount. The problem was the horrendous customer service on the LG site itself because I was hoping to get some sort of discount or a coupon because I just spent nearly $800 on my first monitor. I spoke to seven different people and only the last person even tried to understand anything about their products. So I did but I unfortunately usually do and ordered it from Amazon for $156 I get it tomorrow. I hope it’s as awesome as my 34”(0 issues with my new dreamachine) i’m sure it will be as ultra gear by LG seems to be very quality.    

Just focus on the monitor not the mess that is the nearly completed set up including the 3080 TI I just acquired today.

image.jpg

On 7/30/2022 at 4:00 AM, xxaj said:

I don’t have permission to post in the sponsor discussion board so apologies if this is the wrong place to post this info, but the link shown on WAN show tonight was broken and people were too distracted with Linus’ echo to notice the broken link? http://lmg.gg/UBIQUITIWAN http://lmg.gg/ubiquitiwan

Merged to complain thread.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 8/1/2022 at 6:49 AM, LogicalDrm said:

Merged to complain thread.

As of August 1st their affiliate program is no longer a thing. 😞 I removed the link from the show on YouTube.

On 7/25/2022 at 6:02 AM, NAEHS said:

Hi LMG team

Thought I'd share the horror show I'm experiencing with LG. After watching the below video I was sold on giving OLED a try for gaming. So shopped around and actually ended up against my better judgement ordering directly from LG's webpage instead of Amazon to save a 100 bucks. Well it has been about a month and here's the LG shit show

1. TV ordered 7.4.2022 

2. TV Shipped 7.6.2022

3. TV Damaged 7.10.2022 @Fedex

4. Per LG TV sent back to them and deliver to the Englewood Cliffs, NJ location

5. I contacted LG on 7.11.2022 and inquired on the damaged shipment and asked when they would be dispatching a replacement. They instructed me that I would need to file a damage claim with Fedex and process a return. I explained that I cannot process a return/damage claim on a item I did not receive and provided them the detailed tracking info showing them they had got the TV back. I've called 6 times and up to I could not even begin to guess on the emails as of 7.25.2022. I've got the order info and fedex tracking if you want it. 

Update 7.29.2022 Another 2 hours on the phone today to be instructed to call fedex again. Followed up email and the fedex documentation

@CPotter

Update 7.30.2022 - LG chat just straight up dropped me on my ass after refusing to call their online support center lol

So long story short there is no circumstance to which I will ever again purchase a LG anything 😄 would you all recommend Sony or Samsung for a replacement?

LGE CHAT.pdfUnavailable

vi 

LGE CHAT.pdf 476.26 kB · 1 download

Sorry for this one taking so long. Have their been any updates on this since this issue? That's a super not cool situation.

On 8/2/2022 at 2:42 PM, CPotter said:

Sorry for this one taking so long. Have their been any updates on this since this issue? That's a super not cool situation.

No worries just wanted to make sure you saw it. I was on the phone with them for another hour and half this morning unfortunately I had to get on a plane so I asked them to email me an update that was at around 10am EST just checked nothing at 9:18EST. I've sent them another follow-up email