Water Cooling… Using only Wish.com

AlexTheGreatish

Just how bad is Wish.com for getting water cooling components? Worse than we expected... and we expected it to be terrible.

Don't get water cooling stuff from wish, just go to EK or Alphacool instead:

Alphacool GPU Eisblock: https://lmg.gg/TwWoe

EKWB CPU Water blocks: https://lmg.gg/DEksN

Buy an ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3090: https://geni.us/37y99

Buy an Intel i9-10900K: https://geni.us/gkCPgX

Buy an ASUS Prime Z590-A: https://geni.us/OhDO

Buy a Seasonic Prime 1300 Platinum: https://geni.us/9mBR

urchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

Just as I expected, wish is overpriced, More shitty to search on, and has a worse service than Aliexpress.

The only thing that is similar is the shipping time

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

It isn't that weird that it doesn't spit out water cooling parts with a loose search like "g1/4 fitting"

Depending on how the search algorithm is built, it isn't unexpected to break out the "1/4" away from "g", and then search for items that matches as many of the terms as possible. Then also likely search for "related" terms for each search term, so for "fitting" it likely also searches for "fit". And then from here we want each item found to match as many of the search terms as possible.

Ie, we suddenly end up searching for an item that should match as many of "g", "1/4", "1", "/", "4", "0.25", "fit", "fitting", etc.

So the high pressure fuel pump for Sonata isn't that weird of a find. It contains 3 "1"s, 2 "4"s, "fit", and 3 "g"s, so it obviously could be something you are looking for.

So that exercise gear, clothing, and a whole bunch of other random crap appears isn't weird. Ebay more or less does the same at a lot of times. However, Ebay has been in the game for longer and has a literal library of search terms is can categorize, so it often understands what the person is searching for and can even make recommendation for similar things, instead of just having to wing it. But search for something more random and even Ebay is a mess to find stuff on...

Search engine optimization is after all an art that most larger companies holds as a very closely guarded secret.

Understanding what a random user uses as a search term is honestly an art. Having seen how others search, it sure is a random mess... Everything from typing questions ("I need a water cooling fitting with a g one quarter fitting on it for a reasonably cheap price and good quality.") to just blaring out the shortest possible description (like "g1/4" and hoping for the best), or going wild with descriptive terms and advanced search functions to filter the results when available.

This entire video was a cringe fest. At least if you are going to burn $1300 put that money to better use at a US company like FrozenCPU - they are the ones to go to and my first choice for water cooling stuff. I'm sure they would appreciate the support too.

If you want to support an Asian store go to modDIY.com. If it's PC customization and hard-to-find these guys have it - it's where I got the sound deadening insulation for my CaseLabs case. They ship out of HK and are pretty good with getting back to you if you have issues. Easily a better recommendation over both wish.com and aliexpress 😎

9 minutes ago, Luscious said:

This entire video was a cringe fest. At least if you are going to burn $1300 put that money to better use at a US company like FrozenCPU - they are the ones to go to and my first choice for water cooling stuff. I'm sure they would appreciate the support too.

If you want to support an Asian store go to modDIY.com. If it's PC customization and hard-to-find these guys have it - it's where I got the sound deadening insulation for my CaseLabs case. They ship out of HK and are pretty good with getting back to you if you have issues. Easily a better recommendation over both wish.com and aliexpress 😎

They did it to show why you SHOULD NOT buy from wish.

Just like the many video's warning not to buy scam GPU's from sites like Amazon, Ebay, Aliexpress AND WISH

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

This is bound for disaster, but im glad your testing it before i venture into deep waters.

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

3 hours ago, Luscious said:

"We bought some water cooling stuff from a PC retailer" isn't an interesting video. This was far from my favorite LTT video too, but the point pretty clearly wasn't to encourage buying the featured products.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97-HD3 | RAM: 1x8GB 1866MHz G.Skill Ripjaws X | GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 XC | PSU: Corsair CX500M | Case: NZXT Source 220 | SSD: PNY CS2111 240GB + PNY CS900 1TB | Monitors: 2x Acer Predator XB273K
Yes, I need to buy a new computer and yes, I upgraded the GPU last year when I came to the front of EVGA's queue and didn't know when I'd next be able to get one.

I kind of absofreakinglutely love this build.......... In a.... I hate it with the passion of 950 burning sun's....... but I love it with the passion of 1000 burning suns.  So it's a net love.

*edit: side note, never order waterblocks directly from EK if you aren't in the EU area, because of shipping.  If you ever have to return it..... it'll cost almost as much as the entire block did to order. I ordered 2x R9 380 blocks on the advice of a noob employee at micro center for my 2x r9 380 nittro's only to learn that they aren't reference boards.  I learned several thing's but the end result is two very expensive copper paper weights sitting on a shelf in my basement.

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

A few things about those UV tubes:

I have very similar LED tubes that I bought at a regular shop here in Austria. It's very likely that they are sourced from the same company in China. My version even runs on 220 V, so I guess it's more "fun".
Those power cords that you got (connector on one end, stripped wires on the other) also came with the tubes I bought. Those are needed if you want to hard-wire those tubes somehow. If you want to daisy chain several tubes together, there are specific connector cables with plugs on both ends. There are also end caps that should have come with the tubes you bought to cover the otherwise exposed mains voltage pins at the other side of the tube.
What's also interesting is that the tubes in the video don't have any earth connection even though the connector could support it. My version does have a working earth connection.

Loved the video.

Always fun to watch a train wreck of wish.   Even more fun to see it come together into something that you could actually make work and not a total pile of trash.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Wish just a front-end wrapper of AliExpress? Wish makes the spread on the price difference they list compared to the actual price from the product on AliExpress - it's digital drop shipping of physically drop shipped items from AliExpress, marketed towards the west. Just buy the products from AliExpress to begin with!

We noticed that in this video Linus had a hard time trying to remove K5-PRO with alcohol. To be honest we never considered it important to completelly clean the board from K5-PRO since we don't see reason to do so. Anyway we understand that many users wish to have their boards completelly cleaned so the way to remove it is with odorless white spirit and toothbrush. It is important to notice that more than 80% of K5 PRO can be collected (as Linus does in the begining) and reused. 

We have created a video here 

Ive got tons of loop parts, and completed loops running for years (not to mention cutting open aluminum radiators after mixing metals (with proper inhibitors, I.E. antifreeze) and letting run for 6 months straight to prove some #science)

Go to AliExpress and Ebay for the cheapest loop parts.  I havent bought a single pump, res, radiator, fitting, hoses, or blocks that did not work as advertised.  

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

AliExpress and eBay are where you want to go for good cheap watercooling stuff.  Bykski, Barrow, FreezeMod...

Just don't fucking buy EK.  They're less quality than the chinese stuff at max pricing.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)