Ryzen 3700x is garbage for gaming

remo233

I have this paired with an RTX 3070, my other system has an i9 9900 and RTX 3060 ti that performs so much better in games. In warzone at 1080p, the intel system gives an average of 170 fps in Warzone Rebirth, the Ryzen system gives me an average of 110 fps. Other games I have tried also have a lower performance. I have looked online and many other people have also had the exact same issue with the Ryzen 3000 series. I ran cinebench on the Ryzen system and the scores on single and multi-core were higher than my I9 9900( non k) system. I asked forum members if this was a good combination and I was told yes, that the other combination I was going to go for, the Ryzen 5800X and RTX 3060 ti  was not a good option. Such bad advice.

At no point in your previous post asking for recommendations did you say you already had a system with a 9900 and a 3060 ti. If you had, anyone could have told you that the performance uplift of either the 3700x/3070 or 5800x/3060 ti systems over your existing parts would have been marginal at best. Anyone would have also told you that the 3700x is a weaker gaming CPU than the 9900, and when gaming at only 1080p (a waste of this hardware) the CPU is going to be the limiting factor in many cases.

Of course, all of this information is easy to find in lots of other places besides this forum, but making the effort of doing your own research doesn't let you come back and reproach strangers on the internet for supposedly leading you astray when they took the time to give you free advice. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

I'm very sure there's a bunch of benchmark video's on youtube for your combination and warzone. Always a good idea to check those before deciding.

Also Warzone is notoriously difficult to get it to perform well.

*** Thread locked ***

If this is in relation of one of your previous threads, you can continue discussion there. But I would highly emphasize that you keep things respectful towards those who give advice based on their own experience and what they have read/heard for free and voluntarily. If you buy something based on recommendations given and make mistake, some of that is still on you. Advice is still only advice, you make final decisions on your own. If you ask help, then talk sh to those who help you, you won't be getting help again.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv