Can't LMG just get a loan to finance their new real estate purchase?

starcar

If you never operated your own business or even attempted to start one, everything sounds so easy. "i'll just take a loan for it and ta-da - problem solved". There are so many "what ifs" that you have to carefully considered before diving head-first into a potential lifelong debt and screwing up your established business. A lot of people did exactly that just before the pandemic and are now worse than they started. It's not as simple as "give me money, to expend my business, so i can make more money and give you some of that"

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/19/2022 at 7:55 AM, Edmond Dantes said:

they need to expand their business not only creating content but maybe start getting in the component business. at this point they, i believe, have enough clout/reputation to create a product like a computer case or keyboard/mouse with they name on it and sell it. also they can probably create like a tech related game show or other type of show/segment, and try to get on TV and sell adds themselves. become a legit production company and produce legit content and get on streaming platforms.

They are a legit production company.. they have writers, editors, researchers, fabricators, etc. Just because they are not traditional TV (which has proven that Tech based content is not that successful; ZDtv, TechTV, G4tv..) staying youtube and floatplane is a more viable option. They did do a one off tech game show thing, and honestly it was kind of entertaining but only because I am into tech. the average person, like my sister who has not had a computer in 10 years, because she can use her phone for whatever she needs. Would not be interested in a tech game show. They also already do sell adds them selves, that what the sponsor spots are in every video. I will give you the merch idea for things like a mouse and keyboard set would be neat to go with their desk pads and mouse pads. Only down side to that would be they would need a partner that could produce them and not have them be cheap parts.. I don't think any one would really buy an LTT case though, case stickers, maybe.

They should just make a reality dating show and put it on a new channel lol

• CPU 12900k   Motherboard Asus z690 prime RAM 32gb gskill 3200 trident z GPU Msi suprim RTX3080 wekwb block Case 011 dynamic PSU Evga gq  850w 1tb NVME m.2 boot drive

Its a decent production company, but they will have to expand beyond their current audience significantly to start talking about IPOs.

You have no idea how competitive that space is.

"Dude, you're getting a Dell!".

...and 15minutes later.

• 1 month later...
On 3/4/2022 at 7:59 PM, Srius1 said:

They should just make a reality dating show and put it on a new channel lol

Oh God... worst part is, I know people would watch that garbage... Why, I don't know.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I guess I'm late to the party but why would LTT invest numbers that are mentioned in this thread into making stuff like screwdrivers and backpacks? Or is it some kind of runnnig joke around here?

If it's not a joke, someone is heavily overestimating LTT brand value on such trivial items (on a global scale).

7950x3d | Corsair H170i Elite LCD XT | ASUS ROG Crosshair X670E Hero | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB 2x16GB DDR5 6000MHz | ASUS GeForce RTX 4090 ROG Strix O24G | Samsung 990 PRO 2TB  | Corsair AX1500i | Corsair 7000D Airflow | Simucube 2 Pro + Sparco P310 + Sparco R345 + SMC SMV1 + Ascher Racing F64 V2 | Fanatec CSS V 1.5 | HE Ultimate+ | HE Sim Handbrake | Sim-Lab P1 | DSD Race King II | Valve Index

19 minutes ago, optimuss said:

I guess I'm late to the party but why would LTT invest numbers that are mentioned in this thread into making stuff like screwdrivers and backpacks? Or is it some kind of runnnig joke around here?

More about investing in the new buildings that are their labs.  The merch stuff is their method of trying to raise the money.

Know that this topic is pretty over, but talking about corporate loans it can get quite pricey.  Assuming $10 million, interest at 4% (which it could very well be a lot higher), would be $400,000 a year.  Sometimes if there are other solutions for the funding it's the better option.

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

4 hours ago, optimuss said:

If it's not a joke, someone is heavily overestimating LTT brand value on such trivial items (on a global scale).

Their merchandise is apparently very lucrative as well. $10Million to invest in merch at their scale probably is probably reasonable. 

It's always better to cash flow when possible. Borrowing money is such a bad risk.

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

On 4/18/2022 at 4:10 PM, optimuss said:

For screwdrivers and backpacks it seems they made multiple test runs of them before finding the version they are happy with, I think it was 10k or 30k that they are going to have in their first shipments of them, the screwdriver was worked on by Alex as a project prior to hiring an engineer who spent 2 years or so on it. So all of the testing and ordering practice samples as well as paying the at least high 5-figure salary 2 years means I can totally see how they would have spent over 1 million on the project.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/13/2022 at 12:31 PM, Needfuldoer said:

Ames, a now-defunct department store from the northeast USA. They bought out one competitor, went through bankruptcy restructuring, bought more competitors, became the #4 discount department store in the US for a brief moment, then spectacularly crashed and burned.

Holy cow, that's a blast from the past. I haven't heard that name in a long time, but I remember going to an Ames as a kid. Now it's a Home Depot in my town. (Sorry, off topic)

Primary Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 5 5600 CPU, Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI mITX motherboard, PNY XLR8 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 500GB SSD (boot), Corsair Force 3 480GB SSD (games), XFX RX 5700 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case, Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Gold SFX PSU, Windows 11 Pro, Dell S2719DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 155 Hz Monitor, Corsair K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard (MX Brown), Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Mouse, Logitech G533 Headset

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, ASRock B450M Pro4 mATX Motherboard, ADATA XPG GAMMIX D20 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 1TB SSD (boot), 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" HDD (data), Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" HDD (DVR), PowerColor RX VEGA 56 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 804 mATX Case, Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Semi-modular ATX PSU, Silverstone SST-SOB02 Blu-Ray Writer, Windows 11 Pro, Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard, Corsair K63 Lapboard Combo (MX Red w/Blue LED), Logitech G603 Wireless Mouse, Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset, HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner, Samsung 65RU9000 TV