Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

hi all,

I'm pretty new to anime I started watching anime on some recommendations from friends I watched all of Attack on Titan and loved it so I'm always looking for any new shows  to check out as long as they are on Crunchyroll which is the main way I watch anime  

6 minutes ago, Patton said:

I'm always looking for any new shows  to check out as long as they are on Crunchyroll which is the main way I watch anime  

Here the most worthwhile stuff, in my opinion anyway, from what you can find on Crunchyroll. There is probably some more you could find. But these are my recommendations. There is a lot of good stuff not included because they don't have it. So it'd probably be a good idea to branch out to other methods eventually. At which point, I'd be happy to recommend some more.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/hunter-x-hunter

http://www.crunchyroll.com/barakamon

http://www.crunchyroll.com/jojos-bizarre-adventure

http://www.crunchyroll.com/gintama

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

appreciate the recommendations I will check them out. When you say branch out t other methods do you mean like buying dvds or is there some other way to watch anime? just want to make sure I know what you mean by that. thanks

25 minutes ago, Patton said:

When you say branch out t other methods do you mean like buying dvds or is there some other way to watch anime? just want to make sure I know what you mean by that. thanks

Yeah, you can buy DVD's and Blurays. There are also a couple of other anime streaming services. Like, I think Funimation has one. Also, there are less legitimate options. Though the forum rules prohibit discussing or endorsing such things. So I will not go more into it than that.

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

I know that LTT is sponsored by Crunchyroll sometimes but there are shows that they don't have that I want to watch.

I've been using Kissanime but stopped because they the steal content from other sites... then have the nerve to tell me not to block ads on their site... Fuck that!

I'm happy now that I installed uBlock origin to fix this little issue. :) I still turn everything off while using Crunchyroll though.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Just now, DragonTamer1 said:

I know that LTT is sponsored by Crunchyroll sometimes but there are shows that they don't have that I want to watch.

I've been using Kissanime but stopped because they the steal content from other sites... then have the nerve to tell me not to block ads on their site... Fuck that!

I'm happy now that I installed uBlock origin to fix this little issue. :) I still turn everything off while using Crunchyroll though.

i don't use kissanime all that often anymore because for some reason the video stutters often (HTML5 too). 

and it's not like kissanime is the only site that tells you that you're blocking ads... plenty of sites do that

16 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

i don't use kissanime all that often anymore because for some reason the video stutters often (HTML5 too). 

and it's not like kissanime is the only site that tells you that you're blocking ads... plenty of sites do that

It doesn't bother me that they were running an adblock detector, what bothers me is that they were being hypocrites by giving me stolen content but telling me that stealing was wrong and I shouldn't do it to them.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Just now, DragonTamer1 said:

It doesn't bother me that they were running an adblock detector, what bothers me is that they were being hypocrites by giving me stolen content but telling me that stealing was wrong and I shouldn't do it to them.

did the mods actually say that? that's pretty gnarly. sadly people still use the service because it's really the only decent place to watch anime conveniently 

I don't really care that much with the kissanime adblocker detection, since you can just hide the ads yourself anyway.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

My new toy.

20160823_020827.jpg

20160823_020707.jpg

i painted the letters on the case... kinda had a bit of bleed around the stencil i made but oh well

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

1 hour ago, BirdyTheMighty said:

kissanime is getting really annyoing with its pop up ads but

Agreed. They were far less annoying before but even then I always viewed them as a last resort to watch anime that wasn't on other more legal sites.

I can't stand kissanime without using this addon + a tampermonkey script that let's you download multiple episodes at a time

"Never quote yourself"

-I need a better name

17 hours ago, Technicolors said:

did the mods actually say that? that's pretty gnarly. sadly people still use the service because it's really the only decent place to watch anime conveniently 

It's built into the videos. If you try to watch something with ABP enabled it gets about 1:30 in then pops up with a message that says "Don't block ads on Kissanime" or something to that effect. After a quick Google search I found some additional plugins that will block the ads. I could just hide them but for me personally it's more of a principal thing (and also slightly for convenience since some of the ads have annoying audio). As far as I'm concerned someone stealing content doesn't get the right to say don't steal content.

7 hours ago, DragonTamer1 said:

It's built into the videos. If you try to watch something with ABP enabled it gets about 1:30 in then pops up with a message that says "Don't block ads on Kissanime" or something to that effect. After a quick Google search I found some additional plugins that will block the ads. I could just hide them but for me personally it's more of a principal thing (and also slightly for convenience since some of the ads have annoying audio). As far as I'm concerned someone stealing content doesn't get the right to say don't steal content.

using adblock isn't stealing though. If you do see it like that though, its more like they're making you pay for the DVD-R that they're using to burn you a copy rather than making you pay for the content itself, which pretty inconsequential. 

Old shit no one cares about but me.

@BirdyTheMighty@Charger@DragonTamer1

Can't help but notice your plights about Kissanime

Use these userscripts to anti-anti-adblock and remove all the bloat on the site: https://gist.github.com/crapier/91926a6353207f4524cc

(Works with Firefox, Chrome or Maxthon - requires Violentmonkey / Greasemonkey or similar)

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Just now, That Norwegian Guy said:

@BirdyTheMighty@Charger@DragonTamer1

Can't help but notice your plights about Kissanime

Use these userscripts to anti-anti-adblock and remove all the bloat on the site: https://gist.github.com/crapier/91926a6353207f4524cc

(Works with Firefox, Chrome or Maxthon - requires Violentmonkey / Greasemonkey or similar)

see the problem is I will not use adblock. I have this odd idea that if a site needs ads to stay alive I do not want to cheat them out of an impression however if a site has ads that are bad enough that I feel the need to block them it becomes time to stop using that site.

2 minutes ago, Charger said:

see the problem is I will not use adblock. I have this odd idea that if a site needs ads to stay alive I do not want to cheat them out of an impression however if a site has ads that are bad enough that I feel the need to block them it becomes time to stop using that site.

Well yeah. I don't know if you read manga or not, but Kissmanga is a hell hole of shitty popunder infested pages, that's why I have no qualms with treating Kissanime the same as I do Kissmanga. And at points in time, Kissanime has been temporarily just as bad as Kissmanga, so I'd rather not risk any new surprises.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

1 minute ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

Well yeah. I don't know if you read manga or not, but Kissmanga is a hell hole of shitty popunder infested pages, that's why I have no qualms with treating Kissanime the same as I do Kissmanga. And at points in time, Kissanime has been temporarily just as bad as Kissmanga, so I'd rather not risk any new surprises.

I do not use kissmanga and kissanime has mostly been fine other then the most recent ad problems I have ran into but I only go on the site every few months at best.

Just decided to check out psycho pass.

Haven't been able to stop watching it. So good so far (ep 14) 

Really want one of these now

nz1FMPJ.gif

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

On 8/25/2016 at 2:21 PM, techswede said:

Just decided to check out psycho pass.

Haven't been able to stop watching it. So good so far (ep 14) 

Really want one of these now

nz1FMPJ.gif

One of those will definitely take a nice chunk outta the wallet.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

On 8/24/2016 at 2:58 AM, Technicolors said:

i'm thinking of getting a new power supply, but all that rewiring and cable managing... 

aaaand i just bought one 

9GWiuZ.png

i hafta say, this is probably the most useless buy in some time 

On 8/24/2016 at 2:58 AM, Technicolors said:

i'm thinking of getting a new power supply, but all that rewiring and cable managing... 

aaaand i just bought one 

9GWiuZ.png

i hafta say, this is probably the most useless buy in some time