Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
1 minute ago, WynLore said:

Well, I guess the community may be to blame. But oh well... I mean, honestly, One Punch Man was actually really good (obviously not an A-1 product), I find Death Parade underrated, and Ranpo Kitan was actually pretty good. I don't know how a studio's size can affect quality, as well as the load they (have to) take, but I don't think a decent quality check on their shows, prior to release, would hurt.

It's not just the community, but the fact that people think One Punch Man is "actually really good" shows how far our standards have sunk (and I stick to that assessment no matter how popular the show is. It's merely a half-decent show we're all overblowing).

Death Parade is really popular, so I don't know why you'd consider it underrated. It's a real mess if you take it seriously, but damn that OP sure is fun at least.

I don't think A-1's "size" has anything to do with it, because from what I've heard they tend to just farm out their anime to different sub-studios, but I'm not 100% sure on whether they have an in-house team as well that does some of their anime, or just people they send to other studios to oversee or help out with them. I kind of lost interest in figuring out how they operate over the years as their anime got less and less entertaining to me.

3 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Be grateful.  Look what I just bought from China.

be grateful of what? I have had 6 omron switches die in logitech mice in less then 3 years

1 hour ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

It's not just the community, but the fact that people think One Punch Man is "actually really good" shows how far our standards have sunk (and I stick to that assessment no matter how popular the show is. It's merely a half-decent show we're all overblowing).

I think "half decent" is kinda selling it short a bit. I'd give it a "pretty good", but not a "really good". It did what it set out to do, made people laugh and looked pretty. Although there are shows that have done this sort of thing before like Dragonball, I think this show is like the dragonball for a different generation of people who haven't seen shows like it before, and probably don't want to go back to ugly old animation. That's probably why it gets the praise it does. Comedy is rather hit and miss anyway though, can't expect everyone to like it the same.

but yeah, either way people are blowing this show up a bit too much, although it has cooled off since it stopped airing. 

Old shit no one cares about but me.

3 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

But, you didn't buy 5 buckish worth of crap from China that don't even have a product serial on them.

I have bought far more than $5 worth of china made crap on ebay lol

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

Same, but still!

I have had less problems with china made crap in recent years than I have had with logitech mice. If I replaced the mice I have had to fix from dead switches that would be about $190 usd for mice 

16 minutes ago, Tr3vor said:

I think "half decent" is kinda selling it short a bit. I'd give it a "pretty good", but not a "really good". It did what it set out to do, made people laugh and looked pretty. Although there are shows that have done this sort of thing before like Dragonball, I think this show is like the dragonball for a different generation of people who haven't seen shows like it before, and probably don't want to go back to ugly old animation. That's probably why it gets the praise it does. Comedy is rather hit and miss anyway though, can't expect everyone to like it the same.

but yeah, either way people are blowing this show up a bit too much, although it has cooled off since it stopped airing. 

Sure, you can draw the line a little higher, that's fine. I'm not saying it's bad, just that it's not quite great. I'm pretty sick of people giving a show a pass because it looks pretty and has a chuckle or interesting premise. In the meantime they could have watched something truly amazing for their tastes, but they didn't because it's easier to just follow the hype.

Just the other week a friend of mine asked me if One Punch Man was anywhere near as good as the hype claimed, and I said "no, you've seen Sunred, Tiger and Bunny and the Iron Man movies, so don't expect too much." Sure enough, in his own words it was "a pretty average superhero show with a fun premise that it doesn't do much with, and a couple of cool action scenes that I've already forgotten."

15 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Sure, you can draw the line a little higher, that's fine. I'm not saying it's bad, just that it's not quite great. I'm pretty sick of people giving a show a pass because it looks pretty and has a chuckle or interesting premise. In the meantime they could have watched something truly amazing for their tastes, but they didn't because it's easier to just follow the hype.

Just the other week a friend of mine asked me if One Punch Man was anywhere near as good as the hype claimed, and I said "no, you've seen Sunred, Tiger and Bunny and the Iron Man movies, so don't expect too much." Sure enough, in his own words it was "a pretty average superhero show with a fun premise that it doesn't do much with, and a couple of cool action scenes that I've already forgotten."

Over hype can kill a lot of decent things for people.

9 minutes ago, Charger said:

Over hype can kill a lot of decent things for people.

Hype is almost never a good thing, especially when it comes to modern anime. You're cruising for disappointment if you get hyped for an anime these days.

8 hours ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Death Parade is really popular, so I don't know why you'd consider it underrated. It's a real mess if you take it seriously, but damn that OP sure is fun at least.

I don't think A-1's "size" has anything to do with it, because from what I've heard they tend to just farm out their anime to different sub-studios, but I'm not 100% sure on whether they have an in-house team as well that does some of their anime, or just people they send to other studios to oversee or help out with them. I kind of lost interest in figuring out how they operate over the years as their anime got less and less entertaining to me.

I dunno, I think its the idea of something similar to a deconstruction of a superhero kind of thing is the kind of charm I see with One Punch Man. But hey, I could be part of the blame for it. Sure, I agree that its overblown (both by the fans and the creator), but yeah... I have to admit I enjoyed it for what it is and even for what its not.

Death Parade lags behind, in terms of popularity, compared to something like Noragami... which is why I think its underrated (because some other series just happen to have a larger fanbase and maybe more hype to somewhat make it give way or something). Its actually a pretty good show, despite being somewhat of a clusterfuck and some plotholes here and there. Since Bones did it, I doubt they'll make a sequel.

I don't know what A-1 does... but shit. I'm starting to think DigiBro is right about them being the McDonalds of anime.

22 minutes ago, MoonSpot said:

Yuuup.  4 or 5 years in and I don't miss cable one bit.  Thanks for the reminder.

Live action is just gross :P

I dont miss cable since I still have it I just dont care that I have it lol I myself almost never turn on the tv I would  much rather watch youtube or hulu or just about anything else

8 minutes ago, Charger said:

I dont miss cable since I still have it I just dont care that I have it lol I myself almost never turn on the tv I would  much rather watch youtube or hulu or just about anything else

Just think of all the mice and omron switches you could buy with the money you're (assumedly) throwing at the evil doers.  :P

It's disheartening to hear your experiences with logitech.  Seems I'm going to be stuck with inexpensive MS 4k forever since I absolutely abhore the gamery looking and gamery priced mice.

1 minute ago, MoonSpot said:

Just think of all the mice and omron switches you could buy with the money you're (assumedly) throwing at the evil doers.  :P

It's disheartening to hear your experiences with logitech.  Seems I'm going to be stuck with inexpensive MS 4k forever since I absolutely abhore the gamery looking and gamery priced mice.

I'm not the one with the account but I do pay $10 more a month rent now for faster internet that I cant even use because of being on shit wireless...

1 minute ago, MoonSpot said:

Powerline adapters an option to supplant or complement the network?

http://www.newegg.ca/Powerline-Networking/SubCategory/ID-294

I would rather run a wire but there is just no easy way at the moment. I may look into them since my wireless is such shit that drops to 1/1 when it is normally 25/25 of the 75/75 it should be lol

@ChargerThey're not bad when the electrical panel allows it to work.  It's better than punching new holes into walls and thus allows for the conservation of personal energy by nipping such labourious endevours in the bud.(I'm totally a fan of doing as little as possible when off the clock)

2 minutes ago, MoonSpot said:

@ChargerThey're not bad when the electrical panel allows it to work.  It's better than punching new holes into walls and thus allows for the conservation of personal energy by nipping such labourious endevours in the bud.(I'm totally a fan of doing as little as possible when off the clock)

im just questioning how well that will work in this condo / townhouse setup here lol

11 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Well, I caught my brother's sickness.  It's telling me to finish To Love-Ru.  Imma do it! 

facepalm.gif.54d72db6c60f78837f9153e3851

here we go again......

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

1 minute ago, Charger said:

im just questioning how well that will work in this condo / townhouse setup here lol

Chance of working between different condos....

Zero percent

tumblr_inline_nsiu1mh9x31t9ydoi_500.gif

2 hours ago, WynLore said:

I dunno, I think its the idea of something similar to a deconstruction of a superhero kind of thing is the kind of charm I see with One Punch Man. But hey, I could be part of the blame for it. Sure, I agree that its overblown (both by the fans and the creator), but yeah... I have to admit I enjoyed it for what it is and even for what its not.

Death Parade lags behind, in terms of popularity, compared to something like Noragami... which is why I think its underrated (because some other series just happen to have a larger fanbase and maybe more hype to somewhat make it give way or something). Its actually a pretty good show, despite being somewhat of a clusterfuck and some plotholes here and there. Since Bones did it, I doubt they'll make a sequel.

I don't know what A-1 does... but shit. I'm starting to think DigiBro is right about them being the McDonalds of anime.

I still don't see why people call it a "deconstruction", to be honest. It hasn't done any real theme exploration yet. Maybe if it gets to some actual deconstruction in subsequent seasons I'll agree. In the meantime Concrete Revolutio was actually a deconstruction of superhero anime (and the concept of superheros in general), but nobody watched it because One Punch Man got all the hype :)

Death Parade lags behind anime for younger teens, sure, but it's very popular for its intended target audience (adolescents). It's kind of a given that a show for younger teens will have a larger viewership, and hence higher popularity rankings, so if you consider that natural handicap, Death Parade's doing quite well.

And yeah, DigiBro's quite right about A-1 being the McDonald's of anime (just like I've always said KyoAni is the Wonderbread of anime).

42 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

I still don't see why people call it a "deconstruction", to be honest. It hasn't done any real theme exploration yet.

True enough. It would probably be more accurately described as a superhero parody wouldn't it.

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb