Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
Just now, ManOfDisguise said:

Well ok it wasn't as crazy as I said it was but the anime finally picks up near the end of the 4th episode and it's a nice turning point.

Ok. Well, as long as it doesn't pull a Madoka in episode four then I guess that's promising.

Just now, BashZeStampeedo said:

Ok. Well, as long as it doesn't pull a Madoka in episode four then I guess that's promising.

tbh don't really don't know what a Madoka is haven't watched that anime but if you want a nice description and break down of all(or most of the eps) there is a guy in the comment section below every(or almost every episode) of the anime(usually top comment) and he gives a nice breakdown of the eps.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Just now, ManOfDisguise said:

tbh don't really don't know what a Madoka is haven't watched that anime but if you want a nice description and break down of all(or most of the eps) there is a guy in the comment section below every(or almost every episode) of the anime(usually top comment) and he gives a nice breakdown of the eps.

Eh? On what site?

2 hours ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Eh? On what site?

Oh lol how did I forget to put that in there sorry ;P. Kissanime

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

33 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Why do people get so salty when you say their title is click bait due to given context?

because they dont want attention drawn to their click bait title. I get annoyed when I see people make a thread where only the title is the context, as in asking a question in the title and having basically a blank first post in the thread.

*Points at every vine compilation video on youtube*

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

What really bugs me is that it says "Recommended for you" even though I haven't touched one of the damn things for months.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

2 minutes ago, DragonTamer1 said:

What really bugs me is that it says "Recommended for you" even though I haven't touched one of the damn things for months.

I have had some of the most random shit keep getting recommended to me so I even blocked the youtube account and yet still get them fucking recommended lol

44 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

Is this real? For real @GlassBomb xD

oh nvm just realized that it's a remix or something fanmade :P

At first I was like ahhh this is good... then the rapping part ;)

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many" - Hachiman Hikigaya

lol, this is pretty good for fanmade. A LOT better than one Finnish studio xD

You can't probably understand the words but those emotions you can...

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many" - Hachiman Hikigaya

Stop what you are doing. 

STOP

Disgaea is out for pc, like now RIGHT NOW. get it, get it. please.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

CANCEL DISGAEA HYPE

They fucked the port. How the fuck, HOW THE FUCK. WHY THE FUCK

WHY. 

NIS AMERICA, THIS IS A DECLARATION OF FUCKING WAR

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

1 hour ago, Typho said:

Is this real? For real @GlassBomb xD

oh nvm just realized that it's a remix or something fanmade :P

At first I was like ahhh this is good... then the rapping part ;)

This is the actual opening for Neon Genesis Evangelion, if you haven't seen the show before. Then I can highly recommend it (The original show) if you want a very psychological show with kids piloting mechs.

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

Shinji is a lil bitch, and fire head needs a sock in her mouth.  Could never stand that show, and I cringed my way through To Love-Ru

Impossible. Cringe your way past a good anime, then, and finish Evangelion.

I didn't watch it simply because I don't like mechs.

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

Try Go Nagai's robot animes.  Those at least have demons and gore. xD

But meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeechss...........

2 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

I gave it like 5 attempts, and can't get past ep 5.  It's a mix of Shinji's whining, and Asuka's mouth.

Then it might just not be for you. :c

Just now, DragonTamer1 said:

The main draw for me wasn't the mechs, but the psychological part of the series. But just looking at it, then I can understand how many think that they are the main draw of Evangelion.

8 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

I gave it like 5 attempts, and can't get past ep 5.  It's a mix of Shinji's whining, and Asuka's mouth.

Shame, because IIRC that's about the point where that stuff starts to recede in favor of REALLY messing with the kids.

5 minutes ago, DragonTamer1 said:

It's practically made for people who think the concept of kids piloting mechs is stupid.

13 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

If Asuka didn't get so mouthy, and Shinji was less of a bitch then it would be more appealing.  However, when I watch that show this comes to mind.

That's kind of the point. Shinji is probably how most of us would act in his position, and Asuka is there to underscore just how ridiculous a scenario it is that someone like her would have to be a pilot. There's a reason Evangelion's considered a brutal deconstruction of mecha shows (especially the ones at the time). It's really not trying to be pleasant.

2 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Not me.  I'd be like Jason Todd about it.

The show also shows you how those of us who fancy ourselves the Jason Todd would probably end up, too. Really it's just not trying to be pleasant about its bizarre and twisted scenario.

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

Nah, Jason be like, "This so cool ya!  Let's kick his ass and his ass, shut up old man I'm working here!"  Jason was the 80's Robin that Joker killed then became the Red Hood.

I know who Jason Todd is :)

Oh, well the difference is that his type would be stoked about messing stuff up with a mech.  Shinji is just a whiny lil bitch.  I'm more like Jason Todd, always was.  Then again I have Aspergers, so I'm emotionally different due to how different my brain is.

If you haven't watched that far into the anime then you only know of Shinji's early character. I didn't like him much either, but he's not a one-note character, and he goes through stuff that would make Jason Todd shit himself ten times over by the end of the anime.

Ah, all got was a pansy with abandonment issues.  I mean my mom is dead, and my dad is hard to deal with.  That's for me why I viewed him as a pansy that whines too much.  I'm not the emotional type about things, so rather I'd just not give a fuck the whole time while drooling over the tech.  Oddly, I like this man more.  Even if he bitches.

Yup, I don't blame you. Shinji is supposed to be difficult to like, and a product of the crapsack world and family he's a part of. He changes substantially over the course of the series as he has reality beaten into him, and that's before things even get truly weird.

Thing is, I'm defending the show not because I think it's all THAT amazing, but because I think people need to man/pussy up and just watch the damn thing, rather than bitching about Shinji and Asuka. If you can tolerate complete trash like To Love, then you owe it to yourself to finish Evangelion just so you can earn that anime merit badge and have a proper say when people try to tell you it's better/worse than it really is.