Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
4 minutes ago, zappian said:

So much spaaaaam.

Wait did it not even post correctly either? *shakes head*

11 hours ago, Vitalius said:

Gratzi senpai

@MyInnerFred

So... It's the first episode. And Shangri-La is already talking about an economy built around the concept of managing carbon absorption & emissions. An example might be that a country's ratio of emissions to absorption is 2.48, meaning they produce 2.48 times as many emissions as the amount they absorb.

This is factored into a "Carbon Tax" that means, when importing, they must pay 2.48 times the actual cost of something to get it as a tariff, and the extra is 1.48 times the amount which is spent on accounting for their extra emissions. i.e. paying for machines that will convert the carbon into something that doesn't cause global warming and what-not (put it in the ground, feed it into trees, wtv). 

Then apparently they've got a whole market built around managing this crap with derivatives and everything.

It's episode 1. I'm at 13 minutes and 10 seconds. I was not prepared for this. Why did they have to finance me this early. My head hurts. I don't wanna.

Edit:

Finished episode 1. So much "wooo magic anime world" mixed with "legit possible future for earth" stuff. 

This anime is so dumb. Just so dumb. I can't tell if one of the women is a tranny or naw. She definitely has a deep voice, but no one is acting like she is. 

#ThrownForALoop

Oh? I didn't think that anime would have a lick of finance economical stuff in it.... 

So I take it, it's not worth spending time on? Or is it actually interesting to watch?

On 2/6/2016 at 9:06 AM, Belgarionbg said:

Find the Kuma Kuma in the video xD

Kuma Kuma? I do know that's Saitama and the infamous Tornado as his wallpaper though.

One of my favorite audio reviewers on youtube.

3 hours ago, alpenwasser said:

@MyInnerFred We've found your post (well, @colonel_mortis did :D). Looks like it got broken and dropped by the upgrader. Since it never got properly parsed for the new forum, it might require some editing and fixing though. If you want to, make a thread in the test subforum and I can post it there, then you can see how it works/if it works, play around with trying to fix it.

test forum can be found here btw.:

https://linustechtips.com/main/forum/90-test-posts

That's very pleasant news to wake up to! I appreciate the help, this will most definitely speed up the process of rebuilding the 2nd post! 

I'll be sure to make a thread there right away. You gentlemen continue to do good work!

1 hour ago, alpenwasser said:

No worries, I'm in no rush.

As for the second thing: It would require some hackery in the database, probably not that great of an idea to mess with that.

Quite a few people have talked about replacing the first post on the thread. If it needs to be done could it be done? Maybe some testing in some sort of isolated test thread before trying it out in the actual thread? Of course there is no rush to do this anytime soon with all the other changes you guys are working on right now.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

17 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

Oh? I didn't think that anime would have a lick of finance economical stuff in it.... 

So I take it, it's not worth spending time on? Or is it actually interesting to watch?

Not sure to be honest. The girl doing it basically uses some semi-sentient program to find places in the market where things are overvalued, then heavily invests, waits for it to rise, then sells at it's peak. She had an explanation for how she can manipulate a country's carbon ratio to get it to 1.00 involving derivatives and lending, but my knowledge means that either went over my head or was bull crap for an explanation.

She apparently has a doctorate in carbon economics.

I'm liking it so far. The focus of the anime is on 4 different characters that I assume will come together and interact at some point. Between two fated opposites (tomboy girl in the forest vs high-and-mighty princess), two other fated opposites (rowdy tomboy girl and strict disciplined and honorable soldier guy), and the tomboy girl and this carbon market manipulating chick.

I've watched episode 1 & 2; now I'm watching episodes 3 & 4 (it's a 24 episode anime).

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

Why'd you ask 3 times?

He didn't mean to, Tapatalk was bugging out with the forum.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

2 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

He didn't mean to, Tapatalk was bugging out with the forum.

Or he did it on purpose to be satire.

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

2 minutes ago, KRImSIN said:

Or he did it on purpose to be satire.

If he did, then I don't know if one can say he succeeded there. 

13 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Why'd you ask 3 times?

i didnt. That was Tapatalk for windows being broken as F.

1 hour ago, Charger said:

I think fred is at work at the moment but I'm not sure.

I wonder if we can take over the first post in this thread as well seeing as @Luclocke has kind of abandoned our club.

1 hour ago, Charger said:

school and a girlfriend seems to have made him give up on the club. He still posts on the forum form time to time but rarely in the club unless tagged in a post.

I'm no longer in a relationship or in school this semester. I do have the time to post, however not much the interest at the moment. My desire for anime comes and goes as I'm more of a casual watcher. I frequently lurk and read peoples opinions and enjoy what you all have to say and share. If you ever do need someone to take care of a post for a week I'll always gladly oblige however it's not something I see myself doing regularly again. With regards to the issues with the thread at the moment I'd be glad to assist in any way I can. @alpenwasser @MyInnerFred

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 hour ago, MyInnerFred said:

Quite a few people have talked about replacing the first post on the thread. If it needs to be done could it be done? Maybe some testing in some sort of isolated test thread before trying it out in the actual thread? Of course there is no rush to do this anytime soon with all the other changes you guys are working on right now.

1 hour ago, Luclocke said:

I'm no longer in a relationship or in school this semester. I do have the time to post, however not much the interest at the moment. My desire for anime comes and goes as I'm more of a casual watcher. I frequently lurk and read peoples opinions and enjoy what you all have to say and share. If you ever do need someone to take care of a post for a week I'll always gladly oblige however it's not something I see myself doing regularly again. With regards to the issues with the thread at the moment I'd be glad to assist in any way I can. @alpenwasser @MyInnerFred

IPS doesn't really have a nice built-in way to transfer thread ownership, but maybe I can find a workaround. I'd need to have the OK from Luclocke though (assuming it can actually be done).

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

54 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

There's a video in the suggestions calling that video uploader out.  And, I'm not insulted.  I was just saying.

Oh good xD I was kinda worried for a moment.

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many" - Hachiman Hikigaya

2 minutes ago, alpenwasser said:

IPS doesn't really have a nice built-in way to transfer thread ownership, but maybe I can find a workaround. I'd need to have the OK from Luclocke though (assuming it can actually be done).

Don't worry about it at the minute, discussing it with Fred, and we agreed it wasn't necessary or worth your time. We're discussing some formatting changes and edits to the first couple posts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So... why do uploaders do this?

I get one .tar which is .tar of folders for each season -> folders for each episode -> each episode split into 20 different .tar files.

So I have to manually extract each one. .... Why? Does it really safe on bandwidth via compression that much? This is ridiculous.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

4 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

So... why do uploaders do this?

I get one .tar which is .tar of folders for each season -> folders for each episode -> each episode split into 20 different .tar files.

So I have to manually extract each one. .... Why? Does it really safe on bandwidth via compression that much? This is ridiculous.

Never experienced that, can you not highlight and click extract all? Or just a rant on the needlessness ?

8 minutes ago, Luclocke said:

Never experienced that, can you not highlight and click extract all? Or just a rant on the needlessness ?

o shit you changed your avatar. whoaaa

I can, but they are in different folders that are split up by season and by episode. So I have to move them all into a single folder which means doing it one at a time through 100+ different folders.

It's just a really dumb way to do it for a large series. imeanreally #INeverAskedForThis.

idnBLKh.gif

† Christian Member †

Just now, Vitalius said:

I can, but they are in different folders that are split up by season and by episode. So I have to move them all into a single folder which means doing it one at a time through 100+ different folders.

It's just a really dumb way to do it for a large series. imeanreally #INeverAskedForThis.

http://i.imgur.com/idnBLKh.gif

Hopefully it's worth the effort. If that were Naruto Shippuden 43% of your folders would be filler.

1 minute ago, Vitalius said:

http://i.imgur.com/idnBLKh.gif

Unacceptable! Change that shit back to something anime related! @Luclocke

Your inadvertently reminding me I still have to go through the hundreds of if not thousands of .tta files to convert them to different formats...  

Just now, Luclocke said:

Hopefully it's worth the effort. If that were Naruto Shippuden 43% of your folders would be filler.

Parks and Recreation

idnBLKh.gif

† Christian Member †

Parks and Recreation

I don't find that show even remotely amusing much the same as most western dribble that's considered comedy.

@MyInnerFred trying to imply that the universe of batman is not fake or animated by someone?

2 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

Your inadvertently reminding me I still have to go through the hundreds of if not thousands of .tta files to convert them to different formats...  

What is a .tta file?

Just now, Luclocke said:

I don't find that show even remotely amusing much the same as most western dribble that's considered comedy.

I hope I will find it funny. 

A GIF of an old school phonograph reading a record at an extreme magnification:

qfpoyo58r3mnhdwch4q8.gif

† Christian Member †

2 minutes ago, Luclocke said:

@MyInnerFred trying to imply that the universe of batman is not fake or animated by someone?

Here. Much more fitting.

sLCdm9h.jpg

tumblr_ntjku639Cp1stgo04o1_500.jpg

CMgRzVtUYAAI2mb.jpg

What is a .tta file?

I hope I will find it funny. 

A GIF of an old school phonograph reading a record at an extreme magnification:

qfpoyo58r3mnhdwch4q8.gif

The way sound works is similar to electricity and circuitry, a beautiful mystery I'm completely ignorant of yet somehow profoundly changes my world on a daily basis.

Finished "Tasogare Otome x Amnesia" 7/10

Too dramatic. (i need to learn to make better reviews)

tumblr_m6eml03F3D1rumrhpo1_500.gif

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

5 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

I hope I will find [Parks and Rec] funny.

it's quite funny

Knope 2012

Error: 410

4 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

Here. Much more fitting.

I particularly like the first one.

4 minutes ago, Luclocke said:

The way sound works is similar to electricity and circuitry, a beautiful mystery I'm completely ignorant of yet somehow profoundly changes my world on a daily basis.

Yup. 

Now... how do I combine 3 .mkv files into 1 .mkv file without using some bs "free trial (but with watermark and 15 min limit)" program? VLC aint working. 

I don't know how to do dis. :<

>webm is just a subset of mkv that has less features and only supports 1 audio & video codec

orly, how interesting. .... so WebM 4 Retards could totes combine these things then? Converting from .MKV to .WEBM? Shwifty if it works.

† Christian Member †