Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
13 minutes ago, helping said:

nope, don't have it

stop bulking and go watch something anyway

That line sounds like the synopsis of a gag or parody comedy.

Aww. I remember it had like 50 and they were overlooked but good titles. 

I am bulking, yes, but I am watching while I bulk. I just watched Dead Fantasy 1-6. This is just magnificent. Like... I've never watched an action oriented thing and been in a constant state of "wow, that's awesome". 

I am adding this to my Plex server one way or another. It's magnificent. 32 solid minutes of pure action-adrenaline enjoyment with 4 minutes of 'wtf... ok'. Totally worth it.

I love that Kairi is in there and she's not just standing there doing nothing (like in the games). HNNNG, HER TRANSFORMATION. I DON'T CARE IF FAN-FIC, TOTES PLAUSIBLE AND AWESOME.

Then I'm watching Shangri-La. 

It sounds like the synopsis of a certain type of shounen. I agree tho. MTV being the network, it being teenager-looking, and it being 2 girls and 1 guy implies it will be filled with drama about stuff I don't care about. 

#NeverAgain

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

1 hour ago, Vitalius said:

The Shannara Chronicles sound kind of awesome...

All of 50% on Metacritic. Thank you, based MTV...

10 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

All of 50% on Metacritic. Thank you, based MTV...

And this is why I never go based purely on synopsis.

Edit: The guy who made Dead Fantasy died a year ago. 

:*(

This ridiculousness was magnificent. Now I'm a sad panda.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

1 hour ago, Vitalius said:

>going through my old "to-watch" bookmark folder...

Monty Oum was really good with the fight sceens. Have you watched haloid?

Two months after the premiere of Haloid, Oum was hired by Midway Games as a Combat Designer. In 2008 he was hired byNamco Bandai Games as a combat designer and animator for Afro Samurai.

Never knew that about him.

Blarg

7 minutes ago, wolfgang said:

Monty Oum was really good with the fight sceens. Have you watched haloid?

Never knew that about him.

Agreed, and yes, I did just now. topkek

Interesting. >adds Afro Samurai to my list.

I am now folding again. Keeps making my monitor go black and lose sound for a second. I wish I could figure out what that's about. I hope it's not just my Fury X. That'd suck.

I know how selfish it sounds, but now I'm depressed I'll never get to see more of Dead Fantasy. Vincent would have been so cool. :< And now I see why the 6th episode has a different light shading to it (which is better imo). I think that one was made by someone else in homage or something. Or by Monty after he was hired by Rooster wtv.

neeeeeed moaaaaaar 

I neeeeeed it.

giphy.gif

† Christian Member †

5 hours ago, BirdyTheMighty said:

lol i did that maths problem like in year 12 which is like 9 years ago so now i completey forgot how to work it out :P

a squared + b squared = c squared , Pythagorean theorem.  

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

6 minutes ago, TheGingerKid said:

a squared + b squared = c squared , Pythagorean theorem.  

not quite, that's an arctan problem

@Vitalius u c, this is why I said torrenting anime is pleb affairs

Error: 410

8 minutes ago, TheGingerKid said:

a2 + b2 = c2

Pythagorean theorem

Fixed that for you.

Man, NIBL's anime archives can be pretty robust. 3.61 MiB download. Hoozah. (Black Blood Brothers btw)

@helping Very true. I agree. IRC is cool anyway.

@BashZeStampeedo Have you seen Le Chevalier D'Eon? Any thoughts on it? To jog your memory, some key words:

• Spirit of vengeance
  • Possession
  • Made by Blood+ & xxxHOLiC's Production I.G.

It has ratings between 7-8 on a 10 scale, so I figured I'd consider it since I did enjoy Blood+ and xxxHOLiC looks nice.

† Christian Member †

18 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

Have you seen Le Chevalier D'Eon? Any thoughts on it?

Yes, and I enjoyed it. It's a pretty interesting spin on the subject material. Don't go in expecting the usual anime cliches. I really like the song in the ED, too.

DagashiKashi episode 5 was actually kinda more fun than usual with the drug addict satire, YouTube channel startup, and the "I always lose" skit.

Hotaru's boobs status: still growing

9 hours ago, wolfgang said:

@Vitalius I have almost passed you on folding.

b189cc7a7f.png

Regarding this: I am now folding again. Good luck.

8 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Yes, and I enjoyed it. It's a pretty interesting spin on the subject material. Don't go in expecting the usual anime cliches. I really like the song in the ED, too.

orly, then I will put it near the top of my list since I desire non-cliche atm. 

1 minute ago, helping said:

DagashiKashi episode 5 was actually kinda more fun than usual with the drug addict satire

Hotaru's boobs status: still growing

Let me know when they hit critical mass (for boobs, this is the point where they exceed head size imo).

† Christian Member †

7 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

Let me know when they hit critical mass (for boobs, this is the point where they exceed head size imo).

i mean i'm sure we're all aware i'm kidding, but idk the character is free-hanging her chesticles like she forgot to strap the things down

it's a weird kind of fan service where a character is conservatively dressed but has a rack that makes her borderline caricature since the sizing is nearly grotesque proportions for the build type.

her chest is distracting bad, but if the rest of the anime continues on the same way episode 5 does I can see it getting a pretty passable rating.

Just now, helping said:

i mean i'm sure we're all aware i'm kidding, but idk the character is free-hanging her chesticles like she forgot to strap the things down

it's a weird kind of fan service where a character is conservatively dressed but has a rack that makes her borderline caricature since the sizing is nearly grotesque proportions for the build type.

Given the lame premise and blaise comedy in the show, I think she provides two of the three reasons that most people watch the show (the third being Saya's eyes).

2 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Given the lame premise and blaise comedy in the show, I think she provides two of the three reasons that most people watch the show (the third being Saya's eyes).

I was curious what you guys meant, so I googled it.

tumblr_o0ms88EDkC1t0jazco1_500.gif

My guess: the frills are a distraction.

tumblr_o0lv8luTGf1ttu8odo1_500.gif

Mkay then. supppparrrr tiny

† Christian Member †

10 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Given the lame premise

is it really lame though? it's a casual SoL sitcom style like NonNon and nothing more.

it does what it's trying to do and doesn't try to do anything else, I'd say that's goal met.

@Vitalius you guys mention the eyes, saya compared to boobs is pretty normal actually. Her eye style is like... Tim Burton equivalent creepy eyes (spiral/halo'd)

I'm not sure if this was them being self-aware or not, but that's what made this line subtle funny. This was the only context where the obvious difference was (maybe) pointed out.

fdlZpFY.jpg?1

29 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

Regarding this: I am now folding again. Good luck.

orly, then I will put it near the top of my list since I desire non-cliche atm. 

Well I will just have more to catch up. I dont tend to run folding on the weekend.

Blarg

25 minutes ago, helping said:

is it really lame though? it's a casual SoL sitcom style like NonNon and nothing more.

it does what it's trying to do and doesn't try to do anything else, I'd say that's goal met.

What, 22 minutes of candy advertising disguised as SoL romcom isn't lame to you?

1 minute ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

What, 22 minutes of candy advertising disguised as SoL romcom isn't lame to you?

can't buy it, doesn't register to me

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

japanese culture not installed, adblock indirectly enabled

Just now, helping said:

can't buy it, doesn't register to me

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lucky you, my ad senses tingle too much to not notice it.

29 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Lucky you, my ad senses tingle too much to not notice it.

How else would you fund a SoL romcom that is kinda terrible other than through direct advertising for other food brands within said romcom?

I went through the list of anime movies that I linked earlier. Will be getting many of them. 

Many new things coming to Vitalius' Plex server:

• Video Preview Thumbnails (I already mentioned this)
  • Higher quality remote playback (had it set to 2 Mbps 720p, now at 8 Mbps 1080p).
  • Dual Audio on series that it's easily available for (not sure how I could label them and I don't think it's searchable tho).

Server Status:

• 1.41 TB of free space left
  • Will be upgrading the Plex Server software at some point this weekend because there's an update and it has to be done manually.
  • 296ish movies; 30ish tv series (60% anime, 40% live action, I think, will correct when I get home).

Any recommendations? (not just for media, but also for management)

Once I have spendable cash that I can't hurt to lose, I'm getting a second 4TB to Mirror with my other 4TB for redundancy. 

Talk about Extreme Overclocking:

† Christian Member †

2 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

How else would you fund a SoL romcom that is kinda terrible other than through direct advertising for other food brands within said romcom?

I don't recall them needing to be this blatant about it. The fascination of "why?" is what drew me to the series to begin with, so I'm not going to pretend it wasn't effective, but it was only effective until I watched the episode and realized what I was in store for (and if I didn't have the time to spare to watch it, then I wouldn't have tried it regardless, so it's efficacy is still in question in my mind).

Pfff, harsh bro

CaioGPjWAAEtivq.jpg

http://elitedaily.com/dating/sex/the-settler-and-the-reacher-relationship/

ofc Makes sense. I'm neither interested in settling or reaching, so I don't experience that.

XLyu9K.jpg

Oh Ricky. (I need to watch this.)

† Christian Member †

6 minutes ago, zappian said:

Looking for new animes to watch .

What are you in the mood for? The good ones from this season are Erased and Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, and then a few ok ones that are up to personal taste.