Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
2 minutes ago, Laputacake said:

[bizarre quote]

Yeah... I have no idea how you ended up quoting me instead of zappian there....

Just now, BashZeStampeedo said:

Yeah... I have no idea how you ended up quoting me instead of zappian there....

I don't even know

Steve

i love durarara, but id be lying if i said i remember all the plot lines and character stories at this point. Probably the one show i wouldnt mind them releasing 5-10miniute recap episodes every so often

24 minutes ago, Toddwjp said:

i love durarara, but id be lying if i said i remember all the plot lines and character stories at this point. Probably the one show i wouldnt mind them releasing 5-10miniute recap episodes every so often

I somewhat agree.

I'm watching Legend atm. It's a good movie. Lower tier good though. The kind of good where you go "I do not regret that time investment." but also "I would not make it again." This may change before it's over ofc.

I love what they do to older movies more recently. Like The Great Gatsby (the latest one). They apparently remaster the movie even though they don't need to and it gives the colors a very rich "pop" to them which helps stylize the 20's or 60's or wtv (and Legend has that appearance at times).

It just looks so nice imo.

gg-14241r.jpg

movies-legend-tom-hardy.jpg

Though Gatsby looks like they did it to every single scene, Legend only does it in certain large scale moments (i.e. overviewing 1960's london and such).

I like it.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Yup. 

Now... how do I combine 3 .mkv files into 1 .mkv file without using some bs "free trial (but with watermark and 15 min limit)" program? VLC aint working. 

I don't know how to do dis. :

>webm is just a subset of mkv that has less features and only supports 1 audio & video codec

orly, how interesting. .... so WebM 4 Retards could totes combine these things then? Converting from .MKV to .WEBM? Shwifty if it works.

Use MKVmerge part of MKVtoolsNIX

I like the third one the most. 

A .tta file is another form of lossless audio. Here's more info on it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TTA_(codec)

I takes all the songs and compresses them into one file. So a whole album would be "album_name.tta", in order to listen/view the individual songs you'll need a .cue sheet file that links to that .tta file to separate the songs.

You can do the same with FLAC and it's super annoying I usually split it up.

So... why do uploaders do this?

I get one .tar which is .tar of folders for each season -> folders for each episode -> each episode split into 20 different .tar files.

So I have to manually extract each one. .... Why? Does it really safe on bandwidth via compression that much? This is ridiculous.

If it's that way your not getting it from a good place then. Whatever it is. That sort of this is also done to cover up viruses.

I have enough space, I wouldn't convert all of them to FLAC anyway. Some of it would be AAC or MP3. Maybe VBR depending on situation.

My phone doesn't like .tta files all that much.

For my phone and other portable stuff I usually go with aac at 0.5 quality VBR reduced to 44.1 (if needed) this lends to decent quality compression and best compatibility generally.

Does anyone have any manga recommendations for me? It can be pretty much anything, I just need something to read when work gets slow.

Gunsmith cats is one that comes to mind right away? Idk I usually don't read manga cause it's expensive. Only for series I'm super into.

You should just use ogg for you phone. Its has noticeably better quality at the same bitrate as mp3. I'm using 256kbps VBR on my phone but I'm usually using earbuds so using a higher bitrate wouldn't be useful as they sound quite bad regardless. I usually keep the flac on my desktop though.

I dont have a windows phone I was using it in windows 10. Remember all as are cross platform. And yes i have my beloved LG G4 this is the first phone I've been impressed with in a while.

Any modern codes is better than mp3 when it comes to compression algorithms.

People used to do that to break up the file with the idea that you can download more then one part at a time from different seeds. I think it was more for ftp / p2p rather then torrents though.

Yeah also for XDCC effort you could have multiple connections to a single file. Either way it shouldn't be used now.

neat Despera scans

1lsW5lK.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/kcfl3

Wait is there any more announcements I ask since I know production was resumed. Like late 2014 I think maybe early 2015. When ABe was at ACEN he talked about it a bit and showed some stuff off. Also explained the halt in the project in more detail.

I'm using, don't laugh at me. I'm using Foobar to convert them over to the desired format after I finish listening to them. A command line to do em would be pretty convenient, I'd love a script to do the heavy lifting for me. 

I'll look into using ogg for phone usage, I actually don't know too much about that particular format.

dBpowerAMP batch converter.

7 hours ago, Daegun said:

Does anyone have any manga recommendations for me? It can be pretty much anything, I just need something to read when work gets slow.

Sorry, I missed your comment somehow. Here are a few that might fit the bill:  Nausicaa, Akira, Pandora Hearst, Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer

Hmm I remember all that stuff. Still can't remember character names for the life of me though. I quite enjoy Durarara many people are not with me on that though.

13 minutes ago, TheProfosist said:

-snip-

Gunsmith cats is one that comes to mind right away? Idk I usually don't read manga cause it's expensive. Only for series I'm super into.

-snip-

I don't buy all of them, I read them online lol

7 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Sorry, I missed your comment somehow. Here are a few that might fit the bill:  Nausicaa, Akira, Pandora Hearst, Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer

Nausicaa has a manga? Gotta read that. Just reread Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer. :P

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Just now, Daegun said:

I don't buy all of them, I read them online lol

Nausicaa has a manga? Gotta read that. Just reread Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer. :P

Well then. Here's a couple more, since you've read at least one of those :): Pluto, Vinland Saga

3 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Well then. Here's a couple more, since you've read at least one of those :): Pluto, Vinland Saga

Thank you :D

Now if only I knew which rating button to use...

If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Finished Legend. Stayed where it was in terms of what I thought of it. Good acting though. Tom Hardy is a boss. I want to watch The Revenant just because he's in it (and the trailer was nice).

I have my Plex server playing 2 trailers before each movie now. Good choice imo. I love trailers.

Next on my agenda:

• Play some Tactics Ogre on PSP via emulation. I don't know why I don't play that game much. It's like Final Fantasy Tactics continued. And I truly love that game, so why not? So weird...
  • Watch two more episodes of Shangri-La.
  • Sleep for work tomorrow.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Just now, Vitalius said:

Finished Legend. Stayed where it was in terms of what I thought of it. Good acting though. Tom Hardy is a boss. I want to watch The Revenant just because he's in it (and the trailer was nice).

I have my Plex server playing 2 trailers before each movie now. Good choice imo. I love trailers.

Next on my agenda:

• Play some Tactics Ogre on PSP via emulation. I don't know why I don't play that game much. It's like Final Fantasy Tactics continued. And I truly love that game, so why not? So weird...
  • Watch two more episodes of Shangri-La.
  • Sleep for work tomorrow.

Legend was good. I miss my PSP

Steve

8 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

I guess "informative"? (Or are you slyly implying that I wasn't being informative ;) )

No, just overwhelmed by options with no real generic/helpful option in there. Informative works. :P

7 minutes ago, Jacona said:

So mesmerizing.

really?

this was the one that got me

I have too many plays on it

first time I heard that drop, shit was electric

Interesting (lain) website..

Epileptic shock warning

http://fauux.neocities.org/

edit: holy shit I sat there long enough and I think it started playing on it's own and refreshing won't stop it

edit again: oh cool it's the (an?) OST with visuals in browser 10/10 dank

this site is trippy as fuck

Error: 410

https://voat.co/v/gifs/comments/520591

So many nice military webm/gifs.

MadBlackIslandwhistler.gif

† Christian Member †

2 minutes ago, helping said:

really?

this was the one that got me

I have too many plays on it

I like it just slightly more because it seemingly flows a bit better than the other songs. 

The whole album is orgasmic to be honest and I'm really looking forward to see more of her work. 

Got muh debit card ready whenever she drops another. 

4 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

So many nice military webm/gifs.

Heh... that one reminds me of the scene in the Star Wars prequels where Jango Fett is chasing Obi Wan through an asteroid field, firing hell of lasers at him and yet missing with every shot.

1 minute ago, Jacona said:

Shazam showing nothing?

are you making a joke?

fyuDJUq.gif

Error: 410