Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
1 minute ago, helping said:

it's quite funny

Knope 2012

I own one of those t-shirts.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

I particularly like the first one.

Yup. 

Now... how do I combine 3 .mkv files into 1 .mkv file without using some bs "free trial (but with watermark and 15 min limit)" program? VLC aint working. 

I don't know how to do dis. :<

I like the third one the most. 

A .tta file is another form of lossless audio. Here's more info on it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TTA_(codec)

I takes all the songs and compresses them into one file. So a whole album would be "album_name.tta", in order to listen/view the individual songs you'll need a .cue sheet file that links to that .tta file to separate the songs.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

6 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

A .tta file is another form of lossless audio. Here's more info on it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TTA_(codec)

I takes all the songs and compresses them into one file. So a whole album would be "album_name.tta", in order to listen/view the individual songs you'll need a .cue sheet file that links to that .tta file to separate the songs.

Makes sense why you'd want to convert them then.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Damn, I completely forgot about and missed the release of XCOM 2. Well, I know what I'll be doing until Fire Emblem Fates releases now.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

46 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

Unacceptable! Change that shit back to something anime related! @Luclocke

Your inadvertently reminding me I still have to go through the hundreds of if not thousands of .tta files to convert them to different formats...  

I wqas going to do that with all the .tta files but then flac takes up more space. so why bother? 

42 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

What is a .tta file?

I hope I will find it funny. 

A GIF of an old school phonograph reading a record at an extreme magnification:

qfpoyo58r3mnhdwch4q8.gif

there is no cool rate button. I dont know what to choose.

Blarg

1 minute ago, wolfgang said:

I wqas going to do that with all the .tta files but then flac takes up more space. so why bother? 

there is no cool bate button. I dont know what to choose.

I have enough space, I wouldn't convert all of them to FLAC anyway. Some of it would be AAC or MP3. Maybe VBR depending on situation.

My phone doesn't like .tta files all that much.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Does anyone have any manga recommendations for me? It can be pretty much anything, I just need something to read when work gets slow.

If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

2 hours ago, TheProfosist said:

How is Windows Tapatalk so broken compared to the Android one. I wish is was better. Quotes arnt showing up correctly.

You are the third person I know who has used a windows phone lol. I thought you had a LG G3 or G4, what happened to that?

2 hours ago, MyInnerFred said:

One of my favorite audio reviewers on youtube.

I haven't watched many of his videos but he is one of the only people to review ATH-M50(x)s for what they are. Which I thought was pretty much on point.

42 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

Unacceptable! Change that shit back to something anime related! @Luclocke

Your inadvertently reminding me I still have to go through the hundreds of if not thousands of .tta files to convert them to different formats...  

What are you using to convert them? I've been using a command line thing and doing them one by one as I feel like listening to them.

Because its on the command line I could probably just write/copy a script that just batch converts them. But I would have to make sure it deletes the .tta afterwards otherwise their will be twice as much data.

16 minutes ago, wolfgang said:

there is no cool bate button. I dont know what to choose.

What? It takes up like an extra 4mb total for the whole album. I guess that could end up being a couple extra gb over 1.2tb but still.

14 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

I have enough space, I wouldn't convert all of them to FLAC anyway. Some of it would be AAC or MP3. Maybe VBR depending on situation.

You should just use ogg for you phone. Its has noticeably better quality at the same bitrate as mp3. I'm using 256kbps VBR on my phone but I'm usually using earbuds so using a higher bitrate wouldn't be useful as they sound quite bad regardless. I usually keep the flac on my desktop though.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

21 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

Does any phone like .tta files?

Blarg

adj5mbQ_460s_v1.jpg

OMFG, this could explains a lot! xD

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

1 hour ago, Daegun said:

Does anyone have any manga recommendations for me? It can be pretty much anything, I just need something to read when work gets slow.

Otaku no Musume-san?

2 hours ago, Vitalius said:

So... why do uploaders do this?

I get one .tar which is .tar of folders for each season -> folders for each episode -> each episode split into 20 different .tar files.

So I have to manually extract each one. .... Why? Does it really safe on bandwidth via compression that much? This is ridiculous.

People used to do that to break up the file with the idea that you can download more then one part at a time from different seeds. I think it was more for ftp / p2p rather then torrents though.

eca70053a6156c1b04b6eefcfccf48c2.jpg

yanderes be like, senpai should notice me, not the erogi drawings.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

3 minutes ago, brownninja97 said:

yanderes be like, senpai should notice me, not the erogi drawings.

Wait whut.

What's going on there? Are you taking apart a GPU or something?

18 minutes ago, Jacona said:

Wait whut.

What's going on there? Are you taking apart a GPU or something?

i honestly cant remember what i was going, was changing to a new phone and was looking through the pictures and saw that gem. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

>initiating "watch youtube videos at 2x speed to consume more content in less time" mode

I wonder how well this will work.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

15 minutes ago, helping said:

neat Despera scans

http://imgur.com/a/kcfl3

Neat indeed. +1

Found MKVToolNix GUI. I'm using it to merge my MKV files into 1. Me gusta.

I wonder how long it took to make all those drawings...

>curious about their potential as wallpapers/backgrounds.

† Christian Member †

27 minutes ago, helping said:

neat Despera scans

http://imgur.com/a/kcfl3

If only we could get the anime they promised...

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

So I watched Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury.

It was meh. Animation was weird and kinda shitty in places. CGI was ok. Story was strange. Frame rate was low (yes, it's like they did 6 FPS animation for like 50 percent of the 28 minute OVA). 

I don't know how Vin Diesel considers Riddick to be, but when he did the Voice Acting for it, he apparently thought Riddick talks like he has a mental illness, quietly, and without complete sentences. Which is weird because I don't remember his acting in the live action movies being that way.

The ending implied there will be more. If there is, I hope it's better than this.

I would watch it if I hadn't seen it just because I enjoy Riddick's universe, but I will never watch it again. :| 

Next up: Legend (live action 2015 movie about twin gangsters in 1960's London).

† Christian Member †

4 hours ago, Opask said:

You are the third person I know who has used a windows phone lol. I thought you had a LG G3 or G4, what happened to that?

I haven't watched many of his videos but he is one of the only people to review ATH-M50(x)s for what they are. Which I thought was pretty much on point.

What are you using to convert them? I've been using a command line thing and doing them one by one as I feel like listening to them.

Because its on the command line I could probably just write/copy a script that just batch converts them. But I would have to make sure it deletes the .tta afterwards otherwise their will be twice as much data.

What? It takes up like an extra 4mb total for the whole album. I guess that could end up being a couple extra gb over 1.2tb but still.

You should just use ogg for you phone. Its has noticeably better quality at the same bitrate as mp3. I'm using 256kbps VBR on my phone but I'm usually using earbuds so using a higher bitrate wouldn't be useful as they sound quite bad regardless. I usually keep the flac on my desktop though.

I'm using, don't laugh at me. I'm using Foobar to convert them over to the desired format after I finish listening to them. A command line to do em would be pretty convenient, I'd love a script to do the heavy lifting for me. 

I'll look into using ogg for phone usage, I actually don't know too much about that particular format.

On 06/02/2016 at 4:37 AM, BashZeStampeedo said:
6 hours ago, zappian said:

So much spaaaaam.

People need to stop pretending that cat's sleeping face isn't just another of its charm points.

spam.jpg

Steve

Today I learned about this glorious son of a bitch:

Spoiler

56b7eabb96325_MiyamotoMusashi.thumb.jpg.

Miyamoto Musashi.

A badass samurai that was an expert with swords, dual wielding (a la Kirito), spears, the jutte (basically a police baton), shuriken, and staves. He specialized in trolling his opponents through methods such as arriving to duels hours late, arriving hours early, and fighting them with boat oars.

His accomplishments include creating the only dual wielding style of swords, writing a book of strategy and tactics still studied today, destroying the families of several different sword styles, beating to death the best samurai of the time with a boat oar, and being undefeated in over 60 duels. He also supposedly created the kusarigama.

The kusarigama is this thing.

Spoiler

Kusarigama.jpg.0fc18305f94aafe77bf4afdda

Later, after all the horrible things he's done in his life (beating people, murder, general spreading of chaos), how does he die? Peacefully of a type of cancer in his 60's. Undefeated. Grade A troll right there.

And I'm still learning more.