Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
On 5.2.2016 at 5:09 PM, valdyrgramr said:

Yet a suggested video called him out for bsing.

I am not sure what you meant but I hope I haven't insulted you with my opinion about that guy who reviewed medieval stuff.

I am fine with hard criticize towards companies.

By no means I intended to insult Nexus 6P. Phones should not be bend, the main point of the video was that I wanted to introduce the way to test  the screens.

Which I found interesting.:D

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many" - Hachiman Hikigaya

47 minutes ago, zappian said:

Looking for new animes to watch .

Last one I watched was one punch man .

Any recomendations ?

Nononbiyori

even that norway man and bash gave it a raving endorsement

Error: 410

52 minutes ago, zappian said:

Looking for new animes to watch .

Last one I watched was one punch man .

Any recomendations ?

da151c45b903af79f94dacdce251dd1112610203

I'm just throwing some ideas:D

Haikyuu? s2 is currently on-going.

Basically sport anime about volleyball. Have you seen it?

11 minutes ago, helping said:

Nononbiyori

even that norway man and bash gave it a raving endorsement

I can't help it... the only thing that I remember /have seen of nononbiyori are memes and this video which has been posted here earlier ;)

@Vitalius @Charger

I know what I'm making next time I have to replace someones hard drive.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

Just found out that if you do side by side window snapping with this forum, then it turns into the mobile version of the website...

Wish it didn't do that.

Spoiler

b59900ebf81e7ad24a81e6d2e5d6d21c.png

29 minutes ago, Charger said:

i have a few different sharpening stones

Its more for the novelty. I've got a pedestal grinder that I can use so its mostly just for fun. Also hdds probably don't have much in terms torque so it really won't be very effective.

20 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

>four fifteen minute halves

hehe.

I've heard its pretty generic though. They have a really crappy soundtrack that they proceed to force onto you during a live show right in the middle of the main battle. Also the live show is often filled with pointless fan service so if you are not into that then its probably not for you.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

sigh... adult life sucks.... go in to work thinking you have  superbowl sunday off only to find out an hour later that your going to be working from 3pm to 11... then an hour after that, i was volen-told to come in at 9:30am to help set up and clean because some dick decided to quit.. so now im working a double... on superbowl sunday. great, just fucking great. would love to spend a day that i was suppose to have off, working for 14 hours.... 

Least ill make enough to buy my monitors... so theres a plus, i guess

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

46 minutes ago, That_Random_Guy said:

sigh... adult life sucks....

Tell me about it.

@helping

"Between student loans and tree house homes, we'd all take the latter."

Me gusta. I like Car Radio more but this is good imo.

I've got this ghetto Real VNC setup going to monitor a laptop at work while it does it's various things like chkdsk & wtv.

I Real VNC into my work computer, then use the Logitech Camera I have connected to it to monitor the screen of the laptop.

Could I install Real VNC on the laptop? Sure. But why would I? Not worth imo. Uses one of the usages the product key thingie has.  

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Anyone know where I can make a quick and dirty Free-Body-Diagram without any hassle?

I could use MS paint but I tend to get all fussy with making straight arrows. 

10 minutes ago, Jacona said:

Anyone know where I can make a quick and dirty Free-Body-Diagram without any hassle?

Word, actually

it already has the arrows, required symbols, all greek and operators

image manipulation on word is sometimes good enough if you have a source image too.

13 minutes ago, Jacona said:

just use the word building blocks.

1 minute ago, helping said:

Word, actually

it already has the arrows, required symbols, all greek and operators

image manipulation on word is sometimes good enough if you have a source image too.

Someone recommended Inkscape, gunna try that.

If it's too ehhhhhh, then I'll probably just use Words. 

I just got done watching Lazer Team. It was trite shit.

It was not funny. It did not have enjoyable action. The special effects were meh. The cast was spot-on, but spot-on for being bad. The writing was terrible. The only thing slightly enjoyable was the meh-ok ending song during the credits.

I award it no points. May God have mercy on the soul it does not have.

Up next: Shangri-La.

@helping

What's the difference between the Evangelion movies (1.00, 2.00, 3.00 etc) and the extra decimals (1.11, 2.22, 3.33 etc)?

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

4 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

I just got done watching Lazer Team. It was trite shit.

It was not funny. It did not have enjoyable action. The special effects were meh. The cast was spot-on, but spot-on for being bad. The writing was terrible. The only thing slightly enjoyable was the meh-ok ending song during the credits.

I award it no points. May God have mercy on the soul it does not have.

Up next: Shangri-La.

@helping

What's the difference between the Evangelion movies (1.00, 2.00, 3.00 etc) and the extra decimals (1.11, 2.22, 3.33 etc)?

they're re-releases, get the highest fraction.

Anno is one of the best trolls in the anime industry, he rustles jimmies by doing exactly nothing.

33 minutes ago, helping said:

they're re-releases, get the highest fraction.

Anno is one of the best trolls in the anime industry, he rustles jimmies by doing exactly nothing.

Gratzi senpai

@MyInnerFred

So... It's the first episode. And Shangri-La is already talking about an economy built around the concept of managing carbon absorption & emissions. An example might be that a country's ratio of emissions to absorption is 2.48, meaning they produce 2.48 times as many emissions as the amount they absorb.

This is factored into a "Carbon Tax" that means, when importing, they must pay 2.48 times the actual cost of something to get it as a tariff, and the extra is 1.48 times the amount which is spent on accounting for their extra emissions. i.e. paying for machines that will convert the carbon into something that doesn't cause global warming and what-not (put it in the ground, feed it into trees, wtv). 

Then apparently they've got a whole market built around managing this crap with derivatives and everything.

It's episode 1. I'm at 13 minutes and 10 seconds. I was not prepared for this. Why did they have to finance me this early. My head hurts. I don't wanna.

Edit:

Finished episode 1. So much "wooo magic anime world" mixed with "legit possible future for earth" stuff. 

This anime is so dumb. Just so dumb. I can't tell if one of the women is a tranny or naw. She definitely has a deep voice, but no one is acting like she is. 

#ThrownForALoop

† Christian Member †

20 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

Gratzi senpai

@MyInnerFred

So... It's the first episode. And Shangri-La is already talking about an economy built around the concept of managing carbon absorption & emissions.

You mean modern day America?

We already do that and more under "cap and trade"

Companies are established solely for the sake of the system you described. They sell damage offset credits, being emissions or any other pollution/destruction. Essentially it lets you pay to be entitled to cause environmental displacement.

-----------

I might be enjoying sock shopping slightly too much.

UeZ8OT8.png

snBc5T5.png?1

14 minutes ago, helping said:

You mean modern day America?

We already do that and more under "cap and trade"

Companies are established solely for the sake of the system you described. They sell damage offset credits, being emissions or any other pollution/destruction. Essentially it lets you pay to be entitled to cause environmental displacement.

Yea, but... on a country-level basis. As opposed to company-basis.

This anime is weird. I like it tho. Animation is ok. Music is ok-good. Trying to get a grip on the story. There was a "The Island" event (the movie where people are picked to go to paradise or wtv). 

So it's kinda like Hunger Games meets The Island meets something else I'm thinking of but it's not coming to mind at the same time.

And it was confirmed. Dude looks like a lady (but isn't).

† Christian Member †

Hello everyone.

Anyone paying attention to WonFes?

6 hours ago, Jacona said:

Someone recommended Inkscape, gunna try that.

If it's too ehhhhhh, then I'll probably just use Words. 

Btw one weird thing is that Inkscape is supposed to do vector graphic, but in steam it gets screwed up...:|

That moment when you have done shadows and fading but they look like a pile of pixels:dry:

tumblr_o1yjxzNBSM1tkyvlbo1_1280.png

ahahah xD

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|