Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
3 minutes ago, Charger said:

maybe put it on a prepaid gift card and register it to your shipping address?

Loadable cards are bae. 

You can set up direct deposit with your employer with those. So they put it on the card by default. 

Something people don't realize is that when you give your employer Direct Deposit info, they can take funds too. But you can't take funds off a loaded card. wrings hands evil-y

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

1 minute ago, Vitalius said:

Loadable cards are bae. 

You can set up direct deposit with your employer with those. So they put it on the card by default. 

Something people don't realize is that when you give your employer Direct Deposit info, they can take funds too. But you can't take funds off a loaded card. wrings hands evil-y

that was one of the payment options when I started working at homedepot.

Steam is having a Lunar/Chinese New Years sale...

Steam slowly becoming a greeting card company but for video games. 

12 minutes ago, Charger said:

lol so far I have tossed a few things into my cart but have not bought them yet.

Love at First Sight

The Reject Demon: Toko Chapter 0 — Prelude

Legend of Korra

maybe put it on a prepaid gift card and register it to your shipping address?

I could but thats even more work that I dont want to deal with. At this point all I have to do is get ahold of the company and tell them that the address is connected to the card now.

Blarg

1 minute ago, Jacona said:

Steam is having a Lunar/Chinese New Years sale...

Steam slowly becoming a greeting card company but for video games. 

cool, the vietnamese new years is coming as well

on another note, there's a game based on that Arslan anime coming soon on Steam (aka the FMA look-a-like) http://store.steampowered.com/app/401890/

Professor talks about test

[In thick Russian accent]

"Remember to brush up on your triangles"

she said triangles like "treeangles"

the same day this motherfucker

cbsRxgX.png

I tip my hat

local memes are best memes

Error: 410

2 minutes ago, helping said:

I tip my hat

Agreed.

dexters_lab_by_garyo8-d4iyjm2.jpg

Never thought I'd consider if I'd consider watching an anime dexter's lab.

I feel like I would.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

48 minutes ago, Charger said:

wasnt there a power puff girls anime?

yes, there was and doesn't look that bad either....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powerpuff_Girls_Z

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Highschool of the Battletanks is going... eh, well it's going I guess.

I've made it 11 episodes in, at least the pew pew scenes are kinda fun, though I often find myself skipping through the dialogue a lot.

Characters are as delicious as a mouth-full of soggy cardboard. 11 episodes in and I don't actually remember anyone's name yet, lol.

-----

I think I'm just going to start buying fancy socks instead and wear plain shoes, finding something nice to shove your foot into is tough.

also some top quality noises

definitely going to look into this artist, despite being kinda trap

only Flying Lotus can make screeching sound good lol

Error: 410

2 hours ago, helping said:

cbsRxgX.png

I tip my hat

Ayy.

They always use trees or a lightouse for those exercises.

triangle3.gif

Waifu Simulator 2.0 launches in just two weeks!

Given up on getting the Special Edition already. Just gonna order a regular copy from Amazon. If the SE goes back in stock, cool, I'll get it instead, but I don't want to watch for it anymore. Way too much work for so little. I would enjoy the artbook though, I am sad about that.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Vitalius Life Updates:
 - Updated to Oxygen 2.1.wtv.
      Pros: Longer battery life (was like 80% usage from 8AM to 8PM, now it's like 35% usage, wow).

Everything other app generally works better tho.

Cons: Google stuff screws up regularly. Particularly "OK, Google" searches. Screen freezes up when I switch apps to do one (particularly with Waze).

- Made a dishwasher motor into a wood lathe (somewhat).

>this is my wooden lathe.

godamit, I meant my wood lathe. wtv.

It heats up noticeably after it's off and disconnected from power. It's a dishwasher motor though, and it says on the label it can handle up to 40C external temperature (wtv that does to the internals, IDK).

If you are wondering, yes, it's literally just a dishwasher motor clamped with a vice grip onto a crappy wooden table (sans tabletop) wired to a surge protector so I can have a way to turn it off without it needing to be unplugged.

I don't expect it to work very well. I was just playing.

My best achievement was getting the wiring right on the first try.

Literally, I just went "Yellow is the only solid colorful color, so it is probably hot, Grey is the only solid neutral or wtv color, so it should be ground. And pick a random striped cable and hope it's the right direction." Bam. Worked first try. 

- I am now able to edit routes on Waze (GPS app that is crowd-sourced for a lot of stuff such as where police officers are, where cameras on stop lights are, how fast traffic is typically going, etc). Yay.

- Found a super useful Linux Shell (BASH) cheat sheet: http://cli.learncodethehardway.org/bash_cheat_sheet.pdf

- Plan on watching Batman: Bad Blood tonight. WOOOOO!

- Gonna install Debian 8.2 on my home PC again tonight. I somehow broke it so that every time I log in, it kicks me back to the login screen.

- I'm also going to be making my IRC XDCC guide tonight. Wish me luck with the new editor! I FEEL MOTIVATED :D.

† Christian Member †

4 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

- Plan on watching Batman: Bad Blood tonight. WOOOOO!

Tell me if it's any good.

DC animated movies have been a bit hit or miss recently. 

@Vitalius

@BashZeStampeedo

This happened...the heck

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

13 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

Vitalius Life Updates:
 - Updated to Oxygen 2.1.wtv.
      Pros: Longer battery life (was like 80% usage from 8AM to 8PM, now it's like 35% usage, wow).

Everything other app generally works better tho.

Cons: Google stuff screws up regularly. Particularly "OK, Google" searches. Screen freezes up when I switch apps to do one (particularly with Waze).

- Made a dishwasher motor into a wood lathe (somewhat).

>this is my wooden lathe.

godamit, I meant my wood lathe. wtv.

nope you call that a dishwasher motor in a drill press vise lol

16 minutes ago, Jacona said:

Tell me if it's any good.

DC animated movies have been a bit hit or miss recently. 

Not sure what you mean. I've enjoyed every DC Original Animated Movie in some way.

12 minutes ago, linuxfan66 said:

This happened...the heck

That is pretty ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, Charger said:

nope you call that a dishwasher motor in a drill press vise lol

That's what it is, but my question is: What's the functional difference between that and a wood lathe.

From what I've seen, a wood lathe is just a fancy version of that. A high torque/RPM motor mounted in such a way as to not move that you stick wood on (preferably on it's center, and preferably with strong glue or something) and chisel away at it as it spins.

I fail to see the difference besides obvious DIY vs store bought things.

i.e. mine doesn't work and a store bought one would. /topkek

† Christian Member †

2 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

Not sure what you mean. I've enjoyed every DC Original Animated Movie in some way.

That is pretty ridiculous.

That's what it is, but my question is: What's the functional difference between that and a wood lathe.

From what I've seen, a wood lathe is just a fancy version of that. A high torque/RPM motor mounted in such a way as to not move that you stick wood on (preferably on it's center, and preferably with strong glue or something) and chisel away at it as it spins.

I fail to see the difference besides obvious DIY vs store bought things.

i.e. mine doesn't work and a store bought one would. /topkek

the difference is the lack of any function or parts of a wood lathe lol

no way to hold work(scroll chuck, screw chuck, faceplate) , no tool rest, no tail stock, the motor isn't even mounted remotely securely 

5 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

Ehh I'm just not too big on the Bat-Family thing personally, and there's like 3-4 movies focusing on them.