Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Do you know if it was just some random person possibly hoping to get money from you, or if it was someone you know / a person who knows someone you know? (No need to answer this if you don't want to, just saying it now)

Your life is quite interesting, if nothing else... Still rooting for a book "Life of Brownninja97" to be written... (How many hundred pages ago was this discussion? I still remember it somehow...)

i should become famous, my biography would be one hell of an acid trip. tbh its been quite a while since something crazy has happened. Not sure who it was, didnt know if it was a prank, didnt care, self preservation was all i thought about. I saw a blade and had half a second to either attack or retreat, what decision you make do it quickly. I got the hell out of there. 

i will say that the cunt is lucky i didnt have my heatsink on me. i was take off my glasses and tell him to cool off before lobbing the lump of metal at him and putting my glasses back on and walking in slow motion while something explodes. 

In case you guys are wondering why im not scarred or psychologically effected, well i am but ive gone through so much that ive developed my treat it like a joke defence mechanism

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Plan C:  Kick him in the stones, and tell him that's your purse.

if this was america id scream its coming right for us and a lot of 20 gauge pellets would be in them. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

- video -

I found this actually pretty interesting but I somehow find some reviews irritating :D

I mean that they are made so people would react with stronger feelings :ph34r:

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many" - Hachiman Hikigaya

And this is why we can't have nice things.

I recall that someone sued them like year or two ago? Or longer :D

Don't really remember ;)

Someone pulled a knife on me this morning. Turns out i can still run 100m in 11ish(probably like 13or14) seconds. I know how to disarm a knife user especially if the blade is pointing upwards but that shit is risky, got the fuck out of there. On the downside im at home instead of being at college, ive never used the "someone tried to stab/rob me" reason before. 

O.o wtf

My sister does this Defendo thing but in my opinion even if they show how to disarm a gun or a knife, not sure how many would do that.

Practice and reality are pretty different :unsure:

Where did you learn to disarm knife? Some kind of self-defense training or did you learn yourself?

EDIT: I had this plan to start doing some kind of self-defense things but they are pretty far <_<

Well I hope my physical condition gets better when I go to army xD.

Did one of the VA's in Zetsubou Sensei change later in series? Definitely sounds that way for the stalker in the last series.

Last episode of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei is epic in more ways than one. It's a goof finisher.

O.o wtf

My sister does this Defendo thing but in my opinion even if they show how to disarm a gun or a knife, not sure how many would do that.

Practice and reality are pretty different :unsure:

Where did you learn to disarm knife? Some kind of self-defense training or did you learn yourself?

EDIT: I had this plan to start doing some kind of self-defense things but they are pretty far <_<

Well I hope my physical condition gets better when I go to army xD.

ive been attacked before which i also ran away from and when i reported it to the police they recommended i take some disarming classes which generally revolved around using anything you might randomly have to on you to either divert attention or force a disuse, for example catching a scarf on a serrated blade then pulling down will pretty much always cause someone to lose their blade once you have a bad scarf. The easiest way to fuck with someone is to go for the legs, most people lock out the joint when they are standing normally, there is a ton of pressure there so upsetting that balance is rather easy as a result injurying someone via a kick from the front or side will end their chances of moving. Everything is reasonably simple in theory, in practise all that training(around 300-400 hours) are voided mostly because you have never tried it before, its a massive risk, if i fail a strike im getting stabbed, im not willing to take such a risk

Listen if you care.

ive been attacked before which i also ran away from and when i reported it to the police they recommended i take some disarming classes which generally revolved around using anything you might randomly have to on you to either divert attention or force a disuse, for example catching a scarf on a serrated blade then pulling down will pretty much always cause someone to lose their blade once you have a bad scarf. The easiest way to fuck with someone is to go for the legs, most people lock out the joint when they are standing normally, there is a ton of pressure there so upsetting that balance is rather easy as a result injurying someone via a kick from the front or side will end their chances of moving. Everything is reasonably simple in theory, in practise all that training(around 300-400 hours) are voided mostly because you have never tried it before, its a massive risk, if i fail a strike im getting stabbed, im not willing to take such a risk

like most thinks it is more of a no other option kind of thing.

Sounds like an exciting show. Reminds me of Tenjou Tenge.

Not sure if exciting is the right word, but for a show just going through the motions it's at least going through them pretty quickly.

Is Toaru Majutsu no Index actually worth watching?

If you can stomach shounen anime tropes, then it can be a half-decent watch. Well, season one at least, and even that kind of falls apart by the end. Season two is cancer. Railgun is essentially a "cute girls" reboot of it (YMMV on whether the girls are actually cute to you though), and it's equally cancerous until season two, whereupon it basically becomes about on par with Index S1 (though since most people prefer cute girls to guys, it gets higher ratings). Don't go into it with your brain on, is what I'm saying, and only bother with season two of Index (and most of S1 of Railgun) unless you really have nothing better to do with your time.

Sounds like an exciting show. Reminds me of Tenjou Tenge.

Not sure if exciting is the right word, but for a show just going through the motions it's at least going through them pretty quickly.

Yeah, I don't find it exciting. It feels surreal.

I'm in absolute awe. Not exaggerating, its as if I've seen the exact episodes somewhere before. It's a stream of deja vu.

I'm more or less 99% confident that whoever came up with this idea sat down and Frankenstein'd this thing together from like 10 other anime. You'd have to have seen a lot of titles and sit down to watch this to see what I mean. It's absurd-- this thing would probably have copyrights before it left the studio if this was in America.

Some anime might cheat off of each other, but this one is next level. They brought a photo-copier to the test and everyone is a victim.

Is Toaru Majutsu no Index actually worth watching?

Also, gotta love it when people can't hold an argument, so they result in calling you a troll to appeal to their elitist ideology.

Yes and no. Watch a few eps to to introduce yourself to the characters, then go straight to Railgun instead.

Error: 410

I'm more or less 99% confident that whoever came up with this idea sat down and Frankenstein'd this thing together from like 10 other anime.

That's all that light novels have been for several years now... it's rare to find one that isn't just some derangement of the standard tropes. Heck, last season there were two almost-identical-feeling anime based on this kind of material. If that's not a sign of over-saturation I don't know what is.

Well, we all know my obsession with OPed characters for the sake of a laugh at how ridiculous they are.  I mainly wanted to watch for the sake of Touma, but I probably won't watch pass season 1.  Also, if Railgun is anything like Magical Girl Pretty Sammy, then I'd rather Kurt Cobain myself.

no, he's not OP, but he's as annoying as Shirou

idk what magical girl sammy or whatever is, but Railgun S was enjoyable because of the sisters arc. Regular railgun is pretty okayish to boring sometimes.

@BashZeStampeedo which makes me wonder why they made this if the target audience already owns it on BD before it aired.

Well, he's not a high tier buster.  But, he's an OP negater from what I heard, on Divine Spawn's level from what I heard.  I wanted to see if it was true.  Divine Spawn negated God and the Devil then made them fight to the death.

The Wiki never mentions that, and states:

God is virtually a powerful being in heaven, rivalled only by Satan in power and surpassed only by the Man Of Miracles (who is also known as Mother Of Creation / Existence) - this puts him more on a power-scale of a powerful deity than the traditional monothestic view of God since he is not fully omnipotent nor was he shown as omniscient (since he could not foretell his defeat by Spawn). Like Satan he seemed to have a near-endless rage that was sufficient to turn planets into ash at their peak and kill the godlike Spawn after he had eaten from the forbidden fruit.

On a scale, that's not top tier. It's like Zeus making Athena and Ares fight to the death. shrugs Dude would do it, but they are both his kids, so eh.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Car's going in for MOT tomorrow, so I'm clearing out things that have been sitting in there for a while. Most people would be clearing out wrappers and empty cans, but me... I found that I had 2TB worth of Seagate Barracuda drives in my glove box. 

post-21359-0-81908400-1453914310_thumb.j

I wouldn't use wiki as the source.  xD

I'm reading a long thread about gauging Spawn's power level. They list his feats as examples.

They explicitly state how Spawn didn't fight God or Satan and left them to fight each other as they had been. He didn't make them fight. They just hate each other as per the norm. Spawn wasn't interested in fighting because they were all immortal/indestructible, so "what's the point, again?"

And as stated, that version of "God" has limitations. Kinda the whole thing about it is that God is top tier. Whereas, in Spawn's universe, Mother of Creation/Man of Miracles is top tier. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

-snip-

... a death match.... between two immortal indestructible beings.

Sure...

Darth Vader in Poland

† Christian Member †

Fiction+logic don't mix. If logic and fiction mixed we wouldn't have fiction.

Let me explain.

Superman flies out of black holes at the speed of light. Kirby causes impact damage on plasma. Goku flies places that he can IT to. Spawn wants 2 immortals to fight to the death for his own ideals. Z's reborn form killed an immortal. In Saint Seiya, the specters know how strong their old friends are...yet, they think they can beat them when they never could. Logic+fiction do not mix.

fiction and logic mix all the time.

Fiction+logic don't mix.  If logic and fiction mixed we wouldn't have fiction.

Let me explain.

Superman flies out of black holes at the speed of light.  Kirby causes impact damage on plasma.  Goku flies places that he can IT to.  Spawn wants 2 immortals to fight to the death for his own ideals.  Z's reborn form killed an immortal.  In Saint Seiya, the specters know how strong their old friends are...yet, they think they can beat them when they never could.  Logic+fiction do not mix.

plenty of times logic and fiction work, in fact the majority of all fiction obeys the rules and thus logic of this world. and almost always obeys the logic and rules of the world it is set in.

plenty of times logic and fiction work, in fact the majority of all fiction obeys the rules and thus logic of this world. and almost always obeys the logic and rules of the world it is set in.

do they really though?

we've got plenty of thug anime like SAO that break their own rules

Superhero, most video games, and superhero like mangas/anime stuff doesn't usually, better?  When does Goku, Superman, Kirby, Spawn, and others follow the rules though?  Kirby is a no fuck giving baby, Goku has the mind of a child, Superman rapes physics, Spawn is all about fucking the rules of his world that he is suppose to obey, and so on.  I don't see much rule following/logic obeying from characters like these.

much better.

Anybody here know of any good manga sites other than MangaFox and MangaHere?

Those sites are having some issues where it could take over five minutes to load a page.. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"