Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

who is watching charlotte again...Anime is not as mainstream in japan we westerners necessarily like to believe...Otaku bait is everywhere in the industry *cough*Oriemo*cough*

i want to know what japanese fans liked about charlotte....

charlotte really isn't otaku bait and doesn't (at least from what I've seen) do any specific pandering to any audiences.

all it does is make cheap jabs at the feels and squirm around awkwardly with insipid writing and an appalling ending.

I'm not going to debate what an "otaku" is, but there's absolutely nothing niche about it and that subculture might have overlap but is nothing-to-marginal to do with its commercial success.

you can't blame otaku for that

1. Shirobako - because I can relate.

2. One Punch Man - I like the mango.

3. Fate Unlimited Blade Works - played the VN, long hyped thing.

4. Gakkou Gruashi - sad.

5. Cross Ange - memes.

6. Overlord - Momonga, season 2 please.

7. Heavy Object - lovable idiots.

8. Death Parade - I like the concept, execution, and I want more. 

9. Assassination Classroom - I like the mango 

10. GATE - I like the mango, some parts were disappointing, but I still like it.

there wasn't enough good things this year for me to possibly support any list you could make

A top 5 would already be pushing it

Gakkou manga completely smashes the anime

Cross ange.. was that even 2015? Nonetheless it was a tearjerking anime. Tearjerkingly awful with an initial "perhaps" bait

Overlord tops my list as one of the greatest flops of an anime I've seen

Death Parade let me down and AssClass I didn't personally enjoy, but I'd understand.

Error: 410

"I like the mango."

Well, okay, but does that mean the anime is any good, especially compared to the mango? Surely it must be for you to rank it at all, so what's the REAL reason these shows gets on your list? :) (and if they don't, then why the heck are you putting them on your anime list? Just make a list of manga, too).

Well, at least she lives.

https://www.facebook.com/TastyPC/posts/792434787549219

WHY? WHY DO ASMR VIDEOS HAVE THE LOUDEST ADS? #1 REASON FOR AD BLOCK, RIGHT THERE. (even tho I don't use it)

post-2414-0-51965000-1451366879.png

pfff hahahaha

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Well, okay, but does that mean the anime is any good, especially compared to the mango? Surely it must be for you to rank it at all, so what's the REAL reason these shows gets on your list? :) (and if they don't, then why the heck are you putting them on your anime list? Just make a list of manga, too).

OPM lived up to expectations. Same for Assassination Classroom. GATE is tricky, they are following the plot, and getting the parts that are needed right, but it is lacking to what I was expecting. Still good though. Going to watch Season 2 because it is where the politics picks up from all the world building chapters/season 1. Also, would you rather have me put THOSE other things in there.

charlotte really isn't otaku bait and doesn't (at least from what I've seen) do any specific pandering to any audiences.

all it does is make cheap jabs at the feels and squirm around awkwardly with insipid writing and an appalling ending.

I'm not going to debate what an "otaku" is, but there's absolutely nothing niche about it and that subculture might have overlap but is nothing-to-marginal to do with its commercial success.

you can't blame otaku for that

there wasn't enough good things this year for me to possibly support any list you could make

A top 5 would already be pushing it

Gakkou manga completely smashes the anime

Cross ange.. was that even 2015? Nonetheless it was a tearjerking anime. Tearjerkingly awful with an initial "perhaps" bait

Overlord tops my list as one of the greatest flops of an anime I've seen

Gakkou manga smashes the anime, but it doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the anime anyways (even if they are diverging in many things).

Cross Ange is like how UBW is also 2015 (which it isn't, it started from 2014 also). I liked Cross Ange, it got pretty good later on and the animation quality went to hell, which made it entertaining for me to watch. Let us not forget a frying pan can fit in the chest area of a maid uniform.

I don't get the thing about Overlord though. I keep hearing it is a flop, I don't really see it (didn't read the mango or LNs).

Edited by ExESGO

WHY? WHY DO ASMR VIDEOS HAVE THE LOUDEST ADS? #1 REASON FOR AD BLOCK, RIGHT THERE. (even tho I don't use it)

I run into this as well its tempting me to try youtube red crap lol

Gakkou manga smashes the anime, but it doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the anime anyways (even if they are diverging in many things).

Cross Ange is like how UBW is also 2015 (which it isn't, it started from 2014 also). I liked Cross Ange, it got pretty good later on and the animation quality went to hell, which made it entertaining for me to watch.

I don't get the thing about Overlord though. I keep hearing it is a flop, I don't really see it (didn't read the mango or LNs.)

Overlord had a fair bit of problems after a few episodes started rolling, such as the expedition to go out and do whatever

Whatever problems I had with it I've completely forgotten because the last episode was such a travesty of writers going "idk wtf i'm doing lmao" and skeletor spending like half the episode casting buffs and then chugging premium item. Holy heck p2w what a way to go.

And Cross Ange

3G98ZoD.jpg?1

absolutely livid

nevermind tusk falling and dying in an explosion and then his ghost popping up 10 minutes later without anyone batting an eye

yep nothing unusual here

Some doofus is trying to sell a 970 G1 card for $330 USD pluuuus shipping on BST. They're like $320 on sale every month.

Overlord had a fair bit of problems after a few episodes started rolling, such as the expedition to go out and do whatever

Whatever problems I had with it I've completely forgotten because the last episode was such a travesty of writers going "idk wtf i'm doing lmao" and skeletor spending like half the episode casting buffs and then chugging premium item. Holy heck p2w what a way to go.

And Cross Ange

3G98ZoD.jpg?1

absolutely livid

nevermind tusk falling and dying in an explosion and then his ghost popping up 10 minutes later without anyone batting an eye

yep nothing unusual here

Ah. Oh well. Didn't really notice that.

Cross Ange for me is a case of it was so bad, it was good.

It wasn't the Kantai Collection anime bad, so yeah.

Ah. Oh well. Didn't really notice that.

Cross Ange for me is a case of it was so bad, it was good.

It wasn't the Kantai Collection anime bad, so yeah.

oh man

at least kantai was an inspiring tale about the little train boat that could

meanwhile Cross Ange, someone at Sunrise spilled coffee on the script and tasked interpolation to an Ouija board and the office Shibe, featuring "My Dartboard Can't Really Be This Sugoi"

I start watching naruto abridged (bash shared em with me on ts if I recall correctly ) and my dad walks in and starts watching it too .... Not sure if weirded out by the fact he was enjoying it or not

Lol

Image seems fittin in some way Lel

post-121932-0-45083100-1451368224.png

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

OPM lived up to expectations. Same for Assassination Classroom. GATE is tricky, they are following the plot, and getting the parts that are needed right, but it is lacking to what I was expecting. Still good though. Going to watch Season 2 because it is where the politics picks up from all the world building chapters/season 1. Also, would you rather have me put THOSE other things in there.

But lived up to *what* expectations? What's "good" about them?

Note that I'm not trying to push you into saying something you don't wanna say, but just doin' my usual "what do you really mean?" exercise :)

For instance, here's a list of the 2015 anime I would currently put on a top ten, if I had seen enough anime this year to make a full top ten:

1. Blood Blockade Battlefront - actually made the most of the fact that it's a cartoon; routinely reminded me why I even watch anime to begin with.

2. Ghost in the Shell: Arise/Alternative Architecture - a prequel that feels like it's just another solid part of a great semi-hard sci-fi franchise that has stood the test of time so far.

3. Concrete Revolutio - a "web of intrigue" story that felt like it wanted me to piece things together over time, rather than just being taken on a glorified tour of its set-pieces.

4. Actually, I'm... - a romcom that is an actual comedy at heart, with real character-based humor and subversion of expectations for its genre bordering on parody... not just the lazy excuses for comedy that anime usually dole out.

oh man

at least kantai was an inspiring tale about the little train boat that could

meanwhile Cross Ange, someone at Sunrise spilled coffee on the script and tasked interpolation to an Ouija board and the office Shibe, featuring "My Darboard Can't Really Be This Sugoi"

post-121932-0-50742500-1451368400.jpeg

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

Why would they remove the story??

.... wat

Every Armored Core that's been localized for the EU/US has had the story basically removed almost entirely. :| Localization cost $$$, so I imagine it's a cost saving measure.

Talk about Ye Olde Manga:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norakuro

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Let us not forget a frying pan can fit in the chest area of a maid uniform.

And protect you from falling off cliffs. That's why all base jumpers have them in their suits and it's one of the safest extreme sports.

And Cross Ange

3G98ZoD.jpg?1

absolutely livid

yep nothing unusual here

Exactly this lol

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

.... wat

Every Armored Core that's been localized for the EU/US has had the story basically removed almost entirely. :| Localization cost $$$, so I imagine it's a cost saving measure.

...............wat!?

I wasn't aware...... i mean i know JP Ports tend to have cut down content one way or another but i didn't know Armored Core suffered from it as well.

Wtf did i just do.

7e3bc73a4bc39ed73de73be8cf0fb5ae.png

48 items?!?

I guess it includes skins and DLCs for the d1ldo in Saints Row 3.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

...............wat!?

I wasn't aware...... i mean i know JP Ports tend to have cut down content one way or another but i didn't know Armored Core suffered from it as well.

... hmmm

I may be only correct regarding this about Armored Core 4. It seems some of the other games (including 5) actually had the story localized better.

† Christian Member †

Wtf did i just do.

you will have fun with no internet for 10 years

Spoiler
Spoiler

... hmmm

I may be only correct regarding this about Armored Core 4. It seems some of the other games (including 5) actually had the story localized better.

Either way, i want them to work on another one after Dark souls 3 is done.

yeah different dev team i bet but still :P

Wtf did i just do.

You bought a collection of fun games and all there DLC, Enjoy.

I start watching naruto abridged (bash shared em with me on ts if I recall correctly ) and my dad walks in and starts watching it too .... Not sure if weirded out by the fact he was enjoying it or not

Lol

Image seems fittin in some way Lel

attachicon.gifimage.png

I remember my mother asking about Inari KonKon Koi Iroha back when Animax had a marathon of the show... she enjoyed it...

also for some reason she's been getting deeper into contemporary British literature...

Got a fever right now, anyone have good home remedies? =/

soup ? Lol I have this weird habit of getting hammered when I'm sick and eating soup (not sure if best thing to do when sick tho)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Got a fever right now, anyone have good home remedies? =/

yeah, grab a cat, cuddle up in bed/ the couch and watch anime or play games for 2-3 days.

oh and be prepaird to sweat alot.

as for food...drink tea......and eat light stuff, lots of fruit.

Just stay ...warm, but not too warm.

Bath twice a day.

soup ? Lol I have this weird habit of getting hammered when I'm sick and eating soup (not sure if best thing to do when sick tho)

Getting hammered when sick? That sounds detrimental. I'll make some soup tomorrow I guess. Thanks.

yeah, grab a cat, cuddle up bed/ the couch and watch anime or play games for 2-3 days, oh and be prepaird to sweat alot.

as for food...tea......and eat light stuff.

Just stay ...warm, but not too warm.

Bath twice a day.

Don't have a cat. Take days off? Nah I'm sure I'll be fine, this shouldn't warrant taking days off I think.

Thanks.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^