Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

But lived up to *what* expectations? What's "good" about them?

Note that I'm not trying to push you into saying something you don't wanna say, but just doin' my usual "what do you really mean?" exercise :)

For instance, here's a list of the 2015 anime I would currently put on a top ten, if I had seen enough anime this year to make a full top ten:

1. Blood Blockade Battlefront - actually made the most of the fact that it's a cartoon; routinely reminded me why I even watch anime to begin with.

2. Ghost in the Shell: Arise/Alternative Architecture - a prequel that feels like it's just another solid part of a great semi-hard sci-fi franchise that has stood the test of time so far.

3. Concrete Revolutio - a "web of intrigue" story that felt like it wanted me to piece things together over time, rather than just being taken on a glorified tour of its set-pieces.

4. Actually, I'm... - a romcom that is an actual comedy at heart, with real character-based humor and subversion of expectations for its genre bordering on parody... not just the lazy excuses for comedy that anime usually dole out.

I wanted action, I got it. So on so forth.

oh man

at least kantai was an inspiring tale about the little train boat that could

meanwhile Cross Ange, someone at Sunrise spilled coffee on the script and tasked interpolation to an Ouija board and the office Shibe, featuring "My Dartboard Can't Really Be This Sugoi"

Cross Ange had terrible writing, and then some.

KC writing was all over the place, one episode would be good, the next bad. They should keep consistency.

Lol thanks for all the suggestions. If it's still no Bueno by the end of the day I'll go take a trip to the shrug store.

And yeah my liver is kill so drinking more than a couple of cans = real bad time for me.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

well anyone here watched the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya? i actually really sit through the part with those repetition and did not fast forward. that urge of fast forwarding is so strong...

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

well anyone here watched the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya? i actually really sit through the part with those repetition and did not fast forward. that urge of fast forwarding is so strong...

Endless 8 was an interesting idea with no animation reuse laziness. It did require a little patience on my part though...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

>am sick; any home remedies?

>take drugs; lots and lots of drugs

Topkek

Lol thanks for all the suggestions. If it's still no Bueno by the end of the day I'll go take a trip to the shrug store.

And yeah my liver us kill so drinking more than a couple of cans = real bad time for me.

Coo

Do you know how you are to handle regular drugs?

Like... Your liver filters your blood. So is it OK for you to take the same dosage as everyone else, so long as you wait longer for it to filter out? Or do you have to take lower dosage to not overwhelm your liver too much?

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Endless 8 was an interesting idea with no animation reuse laziness. It did require a little patience on my part though...

that is the only reason i sit through it because they did not reuse every part and they did add some new reaction from time to time. but the patient needed was real. Next anime gonna be something action packed any suggestion tho? all my list now is comedy and rom-com lol.

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

Serious question: when in subs (or dubs where appropriate) what are they translating when characters speak in stereotypical old English?

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

most people suggest watching one episode, reading a tl;dr of the differences, then skipping the rest

their are very minor differences between each episode, but I'm not going to give this a creative "art" pass.

voynich murdering me

BQOzbUx.png

ci8Vu2V.jpg

iI5c1Hl.jpg

yCRyeGU.jpg

dv49v8Y.jpg

AWi6FV2.jpg

Error: 410

>am sick; any home remedies?

>take drugs; lots and lots of drugs

Topkek

Coo

Do you know how you are to handle regular drugs?

Like... Your liver filters your blood. So is it OK for you to take the same dosage as everyone else, so long as you wait longer for it to filter out? Or do you have to take lower dosage to not overwhelm your liver too much?

Uhh not sure actually I rarely take medicine so I never put two and two together. I do know my liver is sub par though.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

jiIFtVY.gif

stare at the center dot. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Welcome to the salt club!

~salt snip~

May the salt flow through you.

... you know your spending to much time somewhere when you can guess whos going to like a pic xD. Vitalius likes everything lol, and fred likes anything hyouka/touhou related lol

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

Well this sure makes me glad that I'm not using Windows 10 yet: http://tech.slashdot.org/story/15/12/29/0212222/microsoft-has-your-encryption-key-if-you-use-windows-10

Also, it now makes sense why Concrete Revolutio is both so good and so convoluted at times, plus this has me getting a bit pumped for season 2: http://www.animeherald.com/2015/12/28/kill-la-kills-kazuki-nakashima-joins-concrete-revolutio-season-2-writing-team/

I wanted action, I got it. So on so forth.

Well, I tried :D

... you know your spending to much time somewhere when you can guess whos going to like a pic xD. Vitalius likes everything lol, and fred likes anything hyouka/touhou related lol

Patterns of liking that I have discovered are:

Vitalius: likes everything. Probably half of my likes are from him.

Fred: likes everything related to Touhou and most posts in which he is quoted or otherwise mentioned.

Ruostunut Kokis: often likes quality posts or good pics.

Pandalf: likes everything related to music and quite a bit of other stuff as well.

Also it's very likely that this post will get liked by most of the people I mentioned.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

Well this sure makes me glad that I'm not using Windows 10 yet: http://tech.slashdot.org/story/15/12/29/0212222/microsoft-has-your-encryption-key-if-you-use-windows-10

Well, I tried :D

excuse me for not being paranoid and ok with this.

The only people who should consider this an issue is anyone does privacy critical work say the us president and journalists. and there is easy and sensible ways around it for journalists...*cough*encrypted containers*cough*

i'd rather have the benefit of having a way of getting in an emergency...i already have a huge amount of data on one drive

excuse me for not being paranoid and ok with this.

The only people who should consider this an issue is anyone does privacy critical work say the us president and journalists. and there is easy and sensible ways around it for journalists...*cough*encrypted containers*cough*

i'd rather have the benefit of having a way of getting in an emergency...i already have a huge amount of data on one drive

Privacy is a "defend it or lose it" affair in the modern world, and we're already losing it at an alarming rate (often willingly because people who don't have any real clue just assume it's paranoid nonsense). If you're really worried about emergencies, back your shit up, or if you don't even care about privacy then don't encrypt your shit in the first place.

This is not about journalists and presidents. It's about when I accidentally click the wrong link, and then my significant other sees a pop-ad related to it while they walk past me in the room. Or me not being able to get a job because my potential employers have ready access to all of the stupid things I wrote when I was young. And so forth. Giving your privacy away like that is ridiculous... at least make the richest corporations in the world WORK for these privileges.

Privacy is a "defend it or lose it" affair in the modern world, and we're already losing it at an alarming rate (often willingly because people who don't have any real clue just assume it's paranoid nonsense). If you're really worried about emergencies, back your shit up, or if you don't even care about privacy then don't encrypt your shit in the first place.

This is not about journalists and presidents. It's about when I accidentally click the wrong link, and then my significant other sees a pop-ad related to it while they walk past me in the room. Or me not being able to get a job because my potential employers have ready access to all of the stupid things I wrote when I was young. And so forth. Giving your privacy away like that is ridiculous... at least make the richest corporations in the world WORK for these privileges.

i take it on a case by case basis. Your boss can't and shouldn't require access/use to your Facebook/blog/whatever when making decisions if they are in no way relevant to your work(what i did while drunk one weekend, wet t-shirt competition photos, etc).

Similarly online advertising should be banned tracking to due to lack of disclosure and being everywhere.

ms backing up your encryption key in case something goes wrong in login system you voluntarily started using I'm ok with.

Isles running hidden censor that dont clearly disclose what they do also bothers me.

To put it humorously: if a lady is chasing me around with a leather whip, i better have agreed to it knowingly....

i take it on a case by case basis. Your boss can't and shouldn't require access/use to your Facebook/blog/whatever when making decisions if they are in no way relevant to your work(what i did while drunk one weekend, wet t-shirt competition photos, etc).

Similarly online advertising should be banned tracking to due to lack of disclosure and being everywhere.

ms backing up your encryption key in case something goes wrong in login system you voluntarily started using I'm ok with.

Isles running hidden censor that dont clearly disclose what they do also bothers me.

To put it humorously: if a lady is chasing me around with a leather whip, i better have agreed to it knowingly....

There is no "case by case" basis possible once you've given your privacy away wholesale, dude. If MS has your keys, you have to trust them to not use them for anything that might end up doing something you dislike (whether with noble intentions or not). Even if you want to believe that they aren't in bed with the NSA or whatever, and are purely noble, the problem is that slip-ups can and do happen.

most people suggest watching one episode, reading a tl;dr of the differences, then skipping the rest

their are very minor differences between each episode, but I'm not going to give this a creative "art" pass.

nahhh not art pass, just make you go throught what nagato went through. Just that it is i don't know how many times lesser thats all. haha

There is no "case by case" basis possible once you've given your privacy away wholesale, dude. If MS has your keys, you have to trust them to not use them for anything that might end up doing something you dislike (whether with noble intentions or not). Even if you want to believe that they aren't in bed with the NSA or whatever, and are purely noble, the problem is that slip-ups can and do happen.

to use the key they have to get physical access first. Also i dont about the nsa, i neither live in america nor do i have a reason to come up. i do think the nsa needs some curtailing. but I'm not interested in blocking legitimate law enforce if the reasonable facilities are there.

I have no issue with apple saying its not our problem by not holding keys if they so wish as well. i'd rather they ask in person for access if possible if thats required...

to use the key they have to get physical access first. Also i dont about the nsa, i neither live in america nor do i have a reason to come up. i do think the nsa needs some curtailing. but I'm not interested in blocking legitimate law enforce if the reasonable facilities are there.

If we're talking security, not privacy, then this is even worse. You don't want other people to have easier access to your key. If it goes on the cloud, you've just made it far less secure. At this point the benefits of Bitlocker also come into question: why are you using it at all in the first place if not to protect your data from prying eyes? Because it's there?

The privacy argument is about the principle of the thing: they are willing to take your information and make it more readily accessible and processable by themselves and others. If they're willing to take your encryption keys, then what happens when they start helpfully doing cloud backups of your entire drive for you as well?

I dont see the problem here. Afternoon in the middle of the week. Before 10am just means pirate.

it was deffinetly not 2pm , it was 2am @KRImSIN xD

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky