Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Now now, settle down. I'm not going to force anyone to watch Hyouka, I mean I could but I don't see the fun in that.

Hyouka is a personal favorite of mine but it's not something everyone will enjoy, heck most people who watch anime would probably label it trash. But hey everyone who watches anime has a shit taste right? So what does it matter?

http://i.imgur.com/hkMJmrC.gifv

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

its a beautiful looking anime but fuck the ending... have fun.

I liked the ending hahaha. 

Maybe we'll see a movie in the far far future.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

welcome to pcmr

ofc

>posting on AMD website's support forums

>hoping for a resolution

I'll try Askew's recommended "remove GPU drivers with a vengeance" software and we'll see how 15.7 goes over Crimson. I do not remember having this issue with 15.7.

>downloading Two Worlds II & Valkyria Chronicles to test them and see if the same issue occurs

>gets over 3.0 MB/s download from Steam

:OOO

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I liked the ending hahaha. 

I feel like its the only time they even did that in the anime and that pisses me off more then anything. Anyways I like the anime but fuck the ending.

this is anime, right?

tumblr_m90wagXLyv1rptc45.png

I DONE TOLD YEH, THE ANIME MAKES YEH GAY.

REPENT.

antivirus hates me.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

its a beautiful looking anime but fuck the ending... have fun.

It's a KyoAni anime, and it's only partly adapting a novel. I don't expect much from the ending.

Nah. KyoAni make films almost right away normally. I think there's just too much material left, and their writing staff thankfully didn't have the hubris to try to make a film or two to wrap things up. A second series might have worked, if Hyouka had the mainstream appeal for that, but KyoAni had easier series to adapt with more mainstream appeal, like Chuunibyou and Kyoukai no Kanata.

this is anime, right?

snip

I DONE TOLD YEH, THE ANIME MAKES YEH GAY.

REPENT.

Something about your image is spaming avast that is a virus xD

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

I changed the image.

If you're getting avast warnings, its not from me anymore.

TOw4cYq.png?1

wats with dat face

u havin a giggle m8?

I changed the image.

You know what I like?

I -snip-'d the image from the quote.

Others who reported the same issue did not remove the linked image when quoting you.

why. why would you do that? imeanreally

Spoilers don't do it either because the image is still loaded by Chrome.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

It's a KyoAni anime, and it's only partly adapting a novel. I don't expect much from the ending.

Nah. KyoAni make films almost right away normally. I think there's just too much material left, and their writing staff thankfully didn't have the hubris to try to make a film or two to wrap things up. A second series might have worked, if Hyouka had the mainstream appeal for that, but KyoAni had easier series to adapt with more mainstream appeal, like Chuunibyou and Kyoukai no Kanata.

Eh? They were out of content by the time Hyouka finished. They had one novel left, and the story didn't seem to be anywhere close to finishing up.

TOw4cYq.png?1

You and your dam reaction faces. Fucking perfect.
CmGBGcp.png?1

Avast is flagging that image as containing malware.

Yup getting the same warning here.

Cool so its not just me that its spamming lol

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

Cool so its not just me that its spamming lol

i use just Microsoft built in shit , cuz i like to be hacked ya know 

i live on the wild side ;P

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

I changed the image.

Same threat detected message now. 

u havin a giggle m8?

aye, spilt tea all on ma willy

also pushed the picture through online scanner (because pictures CAN have viruses)

it's clean... apparently according to Avast too, so, uh.

Error: 410

I have super bad news, and if you use my Plex server this is terrible news. The Plex server is dead, long live the Plex server.

The hard drive that I had all of my anime, movies, TV shows, EVERYTHING on has died. The last month or two it's been randomly inaccessible and sometimes it wouldn't show in Windows at all. Earlier today it wasn't showing in Windows, so I ran up to Best Buy to grab another 3TB drive so I could do a raid 1 array, but of course BB didn't have the drive, but by that time it was already too late.

I did some simple troubleshooting such as restarting Windows multiple times, completely powering off my PC and starting it back up, and switching SATA ports. All of these are things that have worked in the past when the drive failed to be recognized before. 

Sometime (hopefully) soon I'm going to get another high volume drive (NAS drive this time, and 2 of them) and begin rebuilding the Plex server. The server was a lot more than just downloading shows and throwing them into a folder to be viewed by whoever. I had to rename everything, compress almost everything, and of course download everything, not once, not twice, but three times! Yes, the entire Plex server (aka its content) had to be redownloaded three times because of compression and naming errors I originally made. The downloading process for the anime alone took a good month and a half of straight downloading everyday, and the compression... Don't even get me started on the compression process... What's even worse is that some of the torrents aren't even active anymore, so I'm gonna have a difficult time getting some shows back...

The entire process of getting the money for the drives, downloading, renaming, and compressing everything will easily take 2 or 3 months, possibly even longer. Plex will return eventually, but for now all I can say is this...

46d641ce18.png

COMIC SANS

Same threat detected message now. 

From my post specifically or other people's quoting my old post.

eh whatever. too much effort for me.

i use just Microsoft built in shit , cuz i like to be hacked ya know 

i live on the wild side ;P

M$ can hack this PC all they want. lol i dont keep anything personal on my main rig. All they will get is terabytes of anime and my steam account which hasnt had any credit cards attached. 

I have super bad news, and if you use my Plex server this is terrible news. The Plex server is dead, long live the Plex server.

The hard drive that I had all of my anime, movies, TV shows, EVERYTHING on has died. The last month or two it's been randomly inaccessible and sometimes it wouldn't show in Windows at all. Earlier today it wasn't showing in Windows, so I ran up to Best Buy to grab another 3TB drive so I could do a raid 1 array, but of course BB didn't have the drive, but by that time it was already too late.

I did some simple troubleshooting such as restarting Windows multiple times, completely powering off my PC and starting it back up, and switching SATA ports. All of these are things that have worked in the past when the drive failed to be recognized before. 

Sometime (hopefully) soon I'm going to get another high volume drive (NAS drive this time, and 2 of them) and begin rebuilding the Plex server. The server was a lot more than just downloading shows and throwing them into a folder to be viewed by whoever. I had to rename everything, compress almost everything, and of course download everything, not once, not twice, but three times! Yes, the entire Plex server (aka its content) had to be redownloaded three times because of compression and naming errors I originally made. The downloading process for the anime alone took a good month and a half of straight downloading everyday, and the compression... Don't even get me started on the compression process... What's even worse is that some of the torrents aren't even active anymore, so I'm gonna have a difficult time getting some shows back...

The entire process of getting the money for the drives, downloading, renaming, and compressing everything will easily take 2 or 3 months, possibly even longer. Plex will return eventually, but for now all I can say is this...

It was great while it was alive. I need to reinstall plex on my phone anyway. 

I look forward to it going back online, thanks based wargamer. 

QKKmjlS.jpg

Mechanix gloves are so popular. Good stuff.

aye, spilt tea all on ma willy

also pushed the picture through online scanner (because pictures CAN have viruses)

it's clean... apparently according to Avast too, so, uh.

topkek response there

you can add malware to an image if it's hotlinked. And only if it's hotlinked. i.e. you downloading the image and passing it through scanners aint gonna show jack. It's only if it's on a webpage that hotlinks it that it will be served up with a virus/what-have-you.

next-level-shit i tell u hwhat 

orly

so. your sayin. backups are important. because that's all im hearin.

Freeze the drive in a freezer. Then run it. I'm serious. That shit can magically work. I've seen it happen. The drive will last an hour or so. Long enough to warm up, then it will start dying again. Some issues (like head crashes) just won't work even with that though. Bad/unrecoverable sectors & UREs? Cold air fixes it. Somehow.

Do not run the drive unless you are doing the cold air thing. Running it now that it's at the "failed" status will only cause more damage unless doing it cold.

It might work one more time after the first attempt and warming up, but that's very unlikely due to condensation (your enemy at this point). Then you are done. 

To do it right, you'd want to get it into a sealed plastic bag (air tight preferred, but not vacuum packed) with 0% humidity air. Hard to do, but doable.

Or just leave it in the fridge while it's running. The secret of that is a very long SATA cable and a very thin power SATA cable. Cover the connections with electrical tape to prevent random ice falling onto the connectors. Have it propped up on styrofoam, cardboard, or plastic of some kind.

... I have experience with drive failure, as you can imagine. $15,000 worth of it.

And at this point, what more can you lose? Aside from time.

I recommend getting a file hierarchy output to a text document from the drive first. Just so you have a record of everything you had, and how it was named. 

Then start getting the "hard to get" shows with torrents that are now inactive. 

Don't RAID 1. It'd be pointless at this point because you aren't going to get everything back with the cold air trick unless you can get it consistently and reliably running in the freezer itself.

† Christian Member †

Isn't there a way to recover the data? Since it's a HDD?

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

-snip-

Oh right, I remember reading about that method of recovering data on dead drives. Shit I shoulda tried that before tossing one that died recently. 

Maybe he should get new drives on hand before trying this trick so he can copy files asap?