Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

I can say that I did not particularly enjoy the ending to Jormungand.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Also #yozorabestgirl

Clearly Sena is the best

Why not both?  :D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

Just an update on my Dying Light journey. The game is still hella fun, but I am really glad I "borrowed" it before committing to buying it. So many bugs.

• I can't play in Fullscreen because it defaults to something absurd like 144 FPS lock and that causes flickering on my monitor (and many other people's monitors apparently since the bug has been reported a lot). It sounds dumb because it is dumb.
  • I've had the grappling hook glitch out on me twice in a 12 hour time period. I've had climbing walls glitch on me 3 times in that same time period. Every single time, I've had to quit then re-enter the game to fix it. 

The issue with that is that it only auto-saves. You can't manually save, unless you abuse the fact that it auto-saves when you switch session modes (from strictly single player, to lan, to private online, to public, etc.) It's a round-a-bout way to make these bugs bearable because it only auto-saves when you interact with someone important (a quest giver), or a loading sequence happens.

You usually don't talk to a quest giver very often, and the game is free-roaming meaning there are very few places it requires a loading screen. So it doesn't save often.

• There's an item duplication glitch that is fairly easy but quite dumb to exist. 
But regardless, it's like Chivalry, Fallout: New Vegas, and Dead Island had a baby with Chivalry's combat, New Vegas' bugs & fun, and Dead Island's zombies. It's awesome. It's also the first game that I've actually looked at and noticed graphical progress. The clothes are 3D. The collars & ties aren't just textures. It's glorious.

The fact that I'm enjoying it through the crap that is it's lack of optimization or bug checking says something to me though. Once they fix these things, I will buy it for sure.

Trigun maximum, enjoy.

Where does the anime end? Does it cover Maximum? I assume not. Or did it follow the manga?

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Thank you for the post, I've been meaning to have a look at redline. 

Redline is amazing.

I just finished Trigun today.. Y-Y I wish that they had more, I didn't want the show to end (I watched the movie a while back, might have to rewatch it though)

Now I have to find another one to watch...

I liked the movie.

I can say that I did not particularly enjoy the ending to Jormungand.

Same here. Mixed thoughts.

In general: hat is your favorite anime opening?

I like this.

BTW spoilers lol for Bleach.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

i got bored and setup a quick little standing desk type setup for my old laptop good enough for now but could really use some wire management lol

I should get a height adjustable desk so that I can stand some times. But I think I would just get tired of standing after 10 minutes. lol

That's still pretty cool though.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

i got bored and setup a quick little standing desk type setup for my old laptop good enough for now but could really use some wire management lol

Needs more wires.

I should get a height adjustable desk so that I can stand some times. But I think I would just get tired of standing after 10 minutes. lol

That's still pretty cool though.

I think I will just go with a normal desk and vesa mount everything so i can just raise it higher and stand if I want.

Blarg

Needs more wires.

I think I will just go with a normal desk and vesa mount everything so i can just raise it higher and stand if I want.

Really needs the laptop not on the shelf damn VGA cable is kind of where I want to have the mouse lol.

Really needs the laptop not on the shelf damn VGA cable is kind of where I want to have the mouse lol.

keyboard tray under it and put the laptop there?

Blarg

keyboard tray under it and put the laptop there?

if there was a plug in the closet I would probably drill a hole and run the wires through the wall but sadly no plug in there :(

Also 4:3 monitor as main monitor seems odd now lol

Alright anime club I have a audio question! 

Should I get a Magni 2 and a Modi 2 or a Vali and a Modi 2? 

Or should I get some other dac/amp? If so what are your recommendations and why?

EDIT: on another note I just finished Redline. That animation quality was really darn good, 7 years to hand draw all of that.. dam. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Or should I get some other dac/amp? If so what are your recommendations and why?

EDIT: on another note I just finished Redline. That animation quality was really darn good, 7 years to hand draw all of that.. dam. 

Redline is one of my favorites.

Magni 2 and a Modi 2

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

But... Capitalism and competition!...

Before you say capitalism...China beat the U.S PERIOD

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

if there was a plug in the closet I would probably drill a hole and run the wires through the wall but sadly no plug in there :(

Also 4:3 monitor as main monitor seems odd now lol

why not just hang the laptop under the desk? No need to drill anything. 

I imagine 4:3 would be odd now.

Cae just got the magni modi and seems to like it. check his status update.

Blarg

why not just hang the laptop under the desk? No need to drill anything. 

I imagine 4:3 would be odd now.

More then likey what I'm going to do. I just realized how much better the viewing angle is on this 17" 10+ year old 4:3 dell monitor is then on my 24" monitor lol

More then likey what I'm going to do. I just realized how much better the viewing angle is on this 17" 10+ year old 4:3 dell monitor is then on my 24" monitor lol

Fail? Is you 24" a tn panel? whats going on here?

Blarg

Fail? Is you 24" a tn panel? whats going on here?

I assume both are tn but I know the 24" is ( I could just be imagining it but it seems better lol)

Where does the anime end? Does it cover Maximum? I assume not. Or did it follow the manga?

The anime is ..hmm pretty much a compressed story, its like Full Metal Alchemist in a way, the anime ended before the Manga because the Manga was split in two, Maximum continues it and the ending is different.

O2+Odac combo :D well that's what im rocking....its an option :)

But i want a Tube amp....Valhalla 2 looks yummy :3 throw in some Senn HD800´s and magic happens 

The anime is ..hmm pretty much a compressed story, its like Full Metal Alchemist in a way, the anime ended before the Manga because the Manga was split in two, Maximum continues it and the ending is different.

O2+Odac combo :D well that's what im rocking....its an option :)

But i want a Tube amp....Valhalla 2 looks yummy :3 throw in some Senn HD800´s and magic happens 

Could you elaborate to me what the big difference between tube amps and normal amps? 

Hows your experience with the O2+Odac?

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Could you elaborate to me what the big difference between tube amps and normal amps? 

I could be wrong but iirc a normal amp is more precise and a tube add more character to the sound. changes how it sounds.

Blarg

Wait what ... Better veiwing angle then LCD screen ? We are de-evolving technology it seems ... We should go back to curved TVs ( Oh wait ... We did )

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Wait what ... Better veiwing angle then LCD screen ? We are de-evolving technology it seems ... We should go back to curved TVs ( Oh wait ... We did )

But now the tv curves the other direction so fewer people can watch at once.

Blarg

To my knowledge it give a "warmer" sound, its also costly because the amps have to be replaced from time to time. (not sure how often)

As for my O2+Odac, well i´ve had it for almost a year, its a simple little thing. 

Just plug it in and your done.

I have my Senn HD650´s and my DT990´s conencted to them and i have never even turned the dial half way, nor had a need to used the Gain switch, although i occasionally press it when i switch between Headphones because the DT0990´s require more juice. they are 600ohm´s while the Senns are...250-300?

I also have a 3.5mm Hub so i can have multiple headphones plugged in, too much of a hassle to keep swaping <_<