Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

hype itself just tells me that the show is popular. it doesn't mean it's any good. yeah it can imply that it's good to a number of people but it might not be good to you. 

however in a time where you literally have thousands of anime and any other TV show that you can watch, you can fairly say that opinions can help in finding something that you may enjoy. 

7 minutes ago, That_Random_Guy said:

Hype has never been a good thing... least not for anime that ive seen. AoT... hyped into the ground, fate, sao... was disapointed in every one of them, yet all were extremely hyped. Look at rezero... going nowere. Least as of now anyway

buying into the hype is never a good thing but that doesn't mean you cant use hype as a guild of shows to check out. Also not many shows keep hype going for them 17 years after they aired 

So now that I've started reading nisekoi, I realized that chitoge is a futa.

Discord shenanigans enclosed

Spoiler

6nEqWGA.png

Old shit no one cares about but me.

2 hours ago, That_Random_Guy said:

Personally i dont like when others talk down on any anime/company or show because your only turning people off from ever watching it.

And personally I don't like seeing recommendations that only tell people a few vague positives about a show, because that's basically hype, and if there wasn't hype in the world to distract people from all the stuff that's out there, we wouldn't have this problem to begin with (where you have to sing the praises of a lesser-known show like all it has are positives).

Besides, I'm not really as negative as you're implying, aside from some moments where I simply feel like countering hype I feel may be unwarranted. For those kinds of conversations I tend to just be contrarian, to counter hype (sometimes dipping into Devil's advocate territory). If people are being overly negative, I'll often come to a show's defense, though that may not come across here all that much anymore since the forum's slowed way down.

And in my "reviews" I'm not really positive or negative so much as just critical. I'm not out to give people a reason to watch it or not, so much as just share my overall impression on what made it worthwhile compared to its contemporaries (if anything). It's not an opinion for the general populace per se, but rather for people who have a like mind and want to know if there was anything that I felt justified my time investment. If all a person wants is to get the hype reasons to watch/not watch a show, they're not likely to be reading that kind of post.

2 hours ago, Tr3vor said:

So now that I've started reading nisekoi, I realized that chitoge is a futa.

Discord shenanigans enclosed

Hide contents

6nEqWGA.png

well shit. thats not fucked up in the slightest at all /s

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

2 hours ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

I simply feel like countering hype I feel may be unwarranted. For those kinds of conversations I tend to just be contrarian, to counter hype (sometimes dipping into Devil's advocate territory). If people are being overly negative, I'll often come to a show's defense, though that may not come across here all that much anymore since the forum's slowed way down.

coincidentally I do this from time to time, and some people don't really understand that or get bothered by me badmouthing their first born an anime they liked.

ended up just doing that, because I think Asterisk gets dumpstered universally, lol.

Error: 410

1 hour ago, helping said:

coincidentally I do this from time to time, and some people don't really understand that or get bothered by me badmouthing their first born an anime they liked.

ended up just doing that, because I think Asterisk gets dumpstered universally, lol.

Well to be fair, being too much of a pretentious dick in turn isn't very sporting :)

That said, it's probably been established at least twice by now that I like to get people to share more than their hyperiffic sound bites about a show, even if that means riling them up a bit first... so who am I to say what's sporting and not?

20 hours ago, Charger said:

I have to get used to reading an analog watch / clock fast again since it has been years since I have used on and I just bought a new watch.

I got a watch as a present by my parents since I wanted one, still have the reaction to take out my phone when I want to know the time.

Struggles

Deleted code is debugged code.

My home made heat sinks for the VRMs are finally installed. Cut them out of a 2 cm block of aluminum and dabbed some thermal paste on the back.

20160529_170057.jpg

20160529_170112.jpg

20160529_180914.jpg

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

3 hours ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Well to be fair, being too much of a pretentious dick in turn isn't very sporting :)

That said, it's probably been established at least twice by now that I like to get people to share more than their hyperiffic sound bites about a show, even if that means riling them up a bit first... so who am I to say what's sporting and not?

oh, whoops

I meant to post an image of me highlighting the improvements of Asterisk S2

could have sworn I pasted it in here... good ole' forum updates.

4 minutes ago, helping said:

oh, whoops

I meant to post an image of me highlighting the improvements of Asterisk S2

could have sworn I pasted it in here... good ole' forum updates.

improvements, you're joking right? i barely made it to episode 5 and then gave up trying, i made it all the way to the end of the first season, but couldn't even make it halfway through the second season

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

6 minutes ago, themaniac said:

improvements, you're joking right? i barely made it to episode 5 and then gave up trying, i made it all the way to the end of the first season, but couldn't even make it halfway through the second season

im not saying go out and watch it, i'm saying S2 is not as bad as S1

8Tl4hk3.png

admittedly, shows like these are my go to for when I'm doing something else, so it often won't get my full attention.

edit: yeah, I did paste this image earlier. Direct paste shows the image in here, but removes it from the post.

Nice.

2 hours ago, zymax_be said:

I got a watch as a present by my parents since I wanted one, still have the reaction to take out my phone when I want to know the time.

Struggles

i kicked that fast because of work but also I used to wear a watch years ago as well, I even use a pocket watch for a few years lol

5 minutes ago, helping said:

im not saying go out and watch it, i'm saying S2 is not as bad as S1

8Tl4hk3.png

admittedly, shows like these are my go to for when I'm doing something else, so it often won't get my full attention.

you do you i guess, but from my experience its worse(especially that maid, my ears were practically bleeding from here voice)

on a side note your snaggle, i thought you were cae, i guess my detective skills failed me again...

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

I seriously need to find a way to keep myself from getting distracted. 10 minutes into some work and I'm now watching this. What is wrong with me?

Spoiler

wTDx9U9.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

These scores... Smh... Especially the Eva one. 

Screenshot_2016-05-30-23-10-01.png

COMIC SANS

43 minutes ago, TopWargamer said:

These scores... Smh... Especially the Eva one. 

Screenshot_2016-05-30-23-10-01.png

"knew the show" and "heard of the show" sound exactly the same... unless "knew the show" implies that they watched said show 

Giant monoliths of pop culture were most easily recognized. More shocking news at eleven.

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

oh neat. seems that another one of the manga ive been reading for a few years is gettin an anime. Idk but i enjoyed relife the manga/manwha whatever.... glad to see its finally getting adapted.

Edit: this summer isnt looking to bad actually. accell world movie, kizumonogatari, shoukugeki,, looks like berserk is gettin another season, and the adjin movie looks decent

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

3 hours ago, Charger said:

some progress on my ed keyboard build

o7Ap2lq.jpg

6AmBp7w.jpg

vlIeKlO.jpg

You should really do build log threads for these keyboards, you would garner some attention for sure.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Do any of you know a good hard drive, I assumed the one I had lying on the side would be fine for my build; but it was IDE and now I only have an SSD. lol. On that same topic I built my first pc, and nearly shorted it out from having standoffs in the wrong place...

I wonder how long I'll be back on this forum for ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/VLRose I like anime, I'm missing at least 50 off this list.

R9 390, i5 6400, 8GB Ram

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) And no hard drives  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

•  

finished watching ga-rei zero. very tragic ending but IMO it couldn't have ended any other way. funny enough it's a prequel to the manga, and i feel invested enough in the story to actually go try reading it. 

also started on Canaan. yep i definitely see Nasu's influence in this lol. even got the type-moon eyes. in addition the animation work is fantastic.