Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

I'm about to try something terrifying...actually watch heaven's lost property...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Not all groups are of course, but we tend to be careful with most of our series (some of the "fapping material", less so). Normally we would only consciously use "dissonance" like that in the rare case that the author seemed to be intending an effect like that. That doesn't mean dumb mistakes don't slip through from time to time, but we deliberately try to match the author's Japanese word choices and nuance as much as possible, and only treat liberally the bits which aren't easily translatable and can be turned into a Western equivalent (for puns/jokes/one-liners/slang/nicknames/accents/etc). The degree to which we do that sort of thing is again series-dependent, though. Bear in mind that translations are typically edited (proofread and adjusted to feel as natural as possible) and then might even be changed in the final quality-checking stage, so in some rare cases a mild telephone game effect can happen with translations (we're also careful to avoid that).

just seemed like a strange way to needlessly complicate things, and it's obvious you don't mistakenly choose a word like that over a different one.

maybe they were trying to retain some sort of phrase that was originally there, but I think "localization" would work better there.

Figuratively it works, but it bothered me how jankey that came out. Like do you actually mean abstract usage of that word that you use? If so why here and now?

---

unrelated, think i'm growing a soft spot for mixed ye olde jpop

@BashZeStampeedo ib vo2 p12 if you get bored and curious

Error: 410

Wipe out humanity as an unintentional order first episode...along with being a time stopping creep. Ikaros' voice actor sounds bored too

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

just seemed like a strange way to needlessly complicate things, and it's obvious you don't mistakenly choose a word like that over a different one.

maybe they were trying to retain some sort of phrase that was originally there, but I think "localization" would work better there.

Figuratively it works, but it bothered me how jankey that came out. Like do you actually mean abstract usage of that word that you use? If so why here and now?

I wouldn't know for sure without more context - this could be a great translation for all I know. But at first glance it looks like it was just a poor word choice by younger people who don't have a very large English vocabulary, and watch anime where words like "dissonance" are more commonly used than words like "discrepancy". Then again, it could also be try-hard writing on the mangaka's part, which can be hard to translate.

Unless it seemed intentionally weird, my team would probably try to words things in a way which made it sound more like a natural conversation, and less like a quote from a psychology textbook (unless the author seemed to be intending that sort of thing). If the author was indeed using a weird word, we would try to use a weird word that fit just as well in English.

@helping: ib vo2 p12 if you get bored and curious

Still tough to tell, I'd have to get the raws and see what another translator thinks. But if dissonance isn't a clear theme in the series/for the characters, then it's pretty safe to say it was just an incorrect word choice.

Okay episode 2 even dumber...

Im going to buy all my pC parts from ebay from now on

Starting to buy PC parts as used and/or refurbished from now on? Welcome to my life; nowadays I buy everything I can as used. When it comes to PC hardware and other tech, about 1 out of 10 items are bought new. The rest are used.

My intentions are not to be more ecologically friendly (though that's an unintended bonus), It's all just due to... lack of funds, for a lack of better word. Though, even if money wasn't an issue, I'd continue buying most stuff as used. I'm used to it, to a point where buying most things as new feels weird. Even non-tech stuff.

It's not like actions of a single person affect the environment in the slightest... Keeps the eco-hippies away, though.

post-23506-0-56393100-1452624637_thumb.j

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Is talking about ecchi alright here or no? Just curious for future reference. :P

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

Is talking about ecchi alright here or no? Just curious for future reference. :P

I think talking about it is fine, but don`t post any NSFW images.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

I think talking about it is fine, but don`t post any NSFW images.

To add to this: just because it's labeled "safe for work" somewhere (like Safebooru), doesn't mean it is on this forum. Google AdSense is really tight-ass about it.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

To add to this: just because it's labeled "safe for work" somewhere (like Safebooru), doesn't mean it is on this forum. Google AdSense is really tight-ass about it.

I would imagine some things witch could be labeled as NSFW should be totally fine as well. Like bikini and... that's as I was able to came up with...

Or Am I wrong?

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

I would imagine some things witch could be labeled as NSFW should be totally fine as well. Like bikini and... that's as I was able to came up with...

Or Am I wrong?

All I'd say is: don't try your luck. It's better to leave even the slightest things out of here. We don't need mods to come here again because of that.

All I'd say is: don't try your luck. It's better to leave even the slightest things out of here. We don't need mods to come here again because of that.

I seem to recall a mod the other week saying that someone has to be warned in this thread alot...

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

Starting to buy PC parts as used and/or refurbished from now on? Welcome to my life; nowadays I buy everything I can as used. When it comes to PC hardware and other tech, about 1 out of 10 items are bought new. The rest are used.

My intentions are not to be more ecologically friendly (though that's an unintended bonus), It's all just due to... lack of funds, for a lack of better word. Though, even if money wasn't an issue, I'd continue buying most stuff as used. I'm used to it, to a point where buying most things as new feels weird. Even non-tech stuff.

It's not like actions of a single person affect the environment in the slightest... Keeps the eco-hippies away, though.

attachicon.gifad22ebeb3f30898ea00bb92f23b74531.jpg

I would want to buy computer parts and used 3DS or just DS but everything are too damn far <_<

I mean the best ones. 

Also little bit of suspicious when they say that buyer pays transport. (Don't know how much transport costs in Finland for private use. Probably crazy amount of money :D )

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many" - Hachiman Hikigaya

DDR3-800, DDR3-978, um what the hell is DDR3-978?   Also, isn't 800 DDR2?  Or, is it halved 1600?  Server Ram is confusing, but that's all that the Xeons I bought support.  

Special RAM bb.

Its most likely ecc memory of that practical speed.

Indeed.

That's the RAM true speed. i.e. on consumer RAM, it says DDR3-1600, but it's really DDR3-800. As has already been said, they advertise the effective rate, as opposed to the true rate per DIMM.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

In a nutshell: Google is always an a$s B)

(just wanted to say, someone needed to.Though don't get me wrong I don't mean the nsfw pictures things only :D )

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many" - Hachiman Hikigaya

40% off ($8.99).

Jotun is a hand-drawn action-exploration game set in Norse mythology. In Jotun, you play Thora, a Viking warrior who died an inglorious death and must prove herself to the Gods to enter Valhalla. Impress the Gods!

56664094.jpg

1*SPilL5TA0I1tmONdA9YBvg.jpeg

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I was annoyed far to much with Jotun already just watching dodger play it lol

i dunno. never seen gameplay. just looks pretty for what it is. sounds like a cool concept.

"where'd u go? i miss u so. seems like it's been 4evr since u been gone."

http://linustechtips.com/main/user/5230-samdb/

† Christian Member †

http://i.imgur.com/ggwYBHy.webm

@CatCloud

http://i.imgur.com/s5PIHsf.webm

^"A phenomenon known as Undulatus Asperatus"

† Christian Member †

Vitalius Do you, or anyone else know the answer to my op in that thread?  xD  I don't know what  else would work with  that server other than the board, the ECC Registered RAM, and the mobo.

honestly cant help you, never had to go with server boards and ecc ram and such, sorry

On the other hand though, i find it completely funny that you get a guy that says dont do that and go with an i5 blah blah. people don't understand that some people just want to build something for the hell of it. thats why i dont go into the "building pc" threads because nomatter what anyone says you are wrong and they are right. if someone wants an 8350 processor let them not say its trash get an i5/7, sorry for the rant but its true and both sides have their + and -.

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

Vitalius Do you, or anyone else know the answer to my op in that thread?  xD  I don't know what  else would work with  that server other than the board, the ECC Registered RAM, and the mobo.

Link the thread please.

http://i.imgur.com/Bf2o9jf.webm

† Christian Member †

I started watching Non Non Biyori and Nisekoi recently.

Nisekoi is... OK I guess. Not sure if I'll watch season 2 and 3 or not, though.

But holy fucking shit, Non Non Biyori is so fucking good. I love it so much. Ren-Chon is possibly the cutest and most lovable anime character I've seen yet (don't point out that I haven't seen many animes :P ).