Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Maxthon master race. Compatible with both FF and Chrome plug-ins, comes prepackaged with Adblock plus, downloads videos from Flash and HTML5 containers natively, and has no connection to filthy Google. Then I use Firefox secure browsing exclusively for Google services.

How many engines does maxthon run now? I remember when it was an ie shell...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

And this is why windows is not allowed to install or download updates on my computer.

It sounds like it'll just be a matter of time before they bypass whatever you've "allowed" and just go ahead and do it anyway.

Meanwhile, still waiting for the adapter to mount my new HDD to arrive (postal is being slow, as usual), after of which dropping Windows for Linux. And because of this, I have not bothered to update the temporary Windows 8 (not 8.1) install... ever.

post-23506-0-44001900-1452576513.jpg

Yes, that's about 1,4GB of updates pending, and never updated. Also not running any anti-virus software...

Don't do this at home, kids.

So I'm probably going to install RedStar OS on my school laptop for fun science\

What's the discord again?

I wonder if that OS would run on early 2000's laptop that struggled to run even Windows XP... Damn Small Linux and Lubuntu refuse to install on it. lol

Just scroll a few pages back, and you should find @DigitalHermit's post of it.

(and when I say few, I mean less than 10 pages, not hundreds like it usually means on this thread)

Announcement: Strike Vector @ 6PM CST tomorrow (Tuesday)!

Found a new enjoyable web comic:

[The adventure of business cat -snips]

Moar here: http://imgur.com/gallery/hlUSB

Quite appropriately I saw these posts of yours about these comics, just a few minutes after I was searching for jobs in the local area... A coincidence?

The situation remains the same, though: if I don't move, the number of positions I could apply to is 0 (and a whopping 3 if I had all the corresponding degrees they require). Good thing I can finally get out of here after 6 months.

koishi_by_u_joe-d61x6fc.png

that is just because you have not accepted your new google overlord.

Thy shall bow down to the Skyn-... I mean, Google!

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I wish i knew what bred this ridiculous and highly problematic behaviour in america where its not as much of an issue elsewhere...

also vixens? really?

One argument I would love to see. It also says 'feminists' up there. And if we're not talking about new-age feminazis, but just people that think men and women should be treated equally, that's pretty sexist. :P

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Welcome @FinestRyeBread to the club~!

@Xaring and I are in playing squad, any of you guys want to join? @Vitaliius(Your PC is still down huh?) @TheGingerKid, Nigga @helping

J2UobeL.png

I wish I had enough money to buy it Q_Q

Sell knaifu yay or nay? But all the other kool kids on ESEA have a knife as well...

"A white guy learning japanese to read anime and manga is like an Indian learning english to watch child beauty pageants." -Anon

MAL

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/cheesyhoney

I wish I had enough money to buy it Q_Q

Sell knaifu yay or nay? But all the other kool kids on ESEA have a knife as well...

what is the knife?

flip knife safari mesh

Not much but it's mine

meh it isn't one of the better knives so not a bad option to just sell it. However any knife is at least something that can be used as a status symbol since most people do not have skins in that value range. My most expensive skin right now is only $21

Maxthon master race. Compatible with both FF and Chrome plug-ins, comes prepackaged with Adblock plus, downloads videos from Flash and HTML5 containers natively, and has no connection to filthy Google. Then I use Firefox secure browsing exclusively for Google services.

Wait a moment. I just looked this up and its a closed source(as far as I can tell)* browser developed by a company based in Beijing. If that isn't screaming red flags for you it really should be.

*Definitely is.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

Wait a moment. I just looked this up and its a closed source(as far as I can tell)* browser developed by a company based in Beijing. If that isn't screaming red flags for you it really should be.

*Definitely is.

what? Are you trying to say you don't trust a Chinese company with your security? Lol

... what kind of tech person doesnt install both chrome and firefox when setting up a pc? You never know when a site is going to be a bitch and require chrome, firefox, or even that cesspool previously known as ie

meh

I keep Firefox as main, Chrome as sidebae, Maxthon as proxy, and Edge for small things.

Edit:

BTW @helping is that still season 6. I've watched up to episode 6-11b (so technically 22). I should probably get around to 'acquiring' the rest of the episodes.

Edit Edit: Looked it up. I'm quite a ways behind.

S07E02

Adventure Time is one of those shows I really should watch. Is it really as good as I hear it is?

It's generally pretty entertaining; acceptably good. It's episodic but there is still continuity.

but then there are episodes that are mind blowing levels of "how the fuck u think of that"

in terms of creativity it's turned up to 11 off the charts, they do a lot of experimental things especially in later seasons.

an episode or two are borderline alien and they draw in a lot of people to work on it. 

They pulled in Yuasa Masaaki (creator of Kaiba) in to do one of the episodes and they have an absurd cast list.

Off the top of my head, I know some of the VA's they used were Weird Al, George Takei, and Neil Pat H,

In terms of voice acting variety and width, it smashes practically every anime. Content-wise it might not be as funny as Rick and Morty, but the production value is significantly above other Western and a significant amount of Eastern content.

Error: 410

*Definitely is.

No red flags (other than communist ones) as I trust the Chinese more than I trust the US.

I also use Mail.ru as my main personal email (Russian)

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

all that matters is that you know that.

goes without saying

that should be the subtitle and the club mantra: everyone has shit taste

it's like one big inside joke, except you're always on the outside.

you know, this got me thinking.

this line specifically reads somewhat strange, using dissonance for that

root translations would tend to prefer to not use that word because that use of it can only be metaphorically correct, and not correct based on derivation.

there may be notable translation bias in Instant Bullet; maybe the author didn't really intend the way some things were read. Makes me wonder if other parts of the script were spiced up in translations.

@BashZeStampeedo since you did some stuff with translation groups, would you guys ever intentionally use a poetic and literally incorrect construction, or bother to be as intricate/specific enough to substitute something like "discrepancy" with "dissonance"

@MyInnerFred opinions? though I don't think you would nitpick over it

With high volume output it seems inefficient to fuss over something so minute, and you don't "accidentally" make a writing choice like this. Of course, unless the original writer meant something like that intentionally (and poetically), but for translations between JP to EN I seriously doubt there being analogous syntax.

sounds a bit romantically pushy

Juab3lo.png

Adventure Time is one of those shows I really should watch. Is it really as good as I hear it is?

I like it watched the first 4 season, should continue one of these days but but I don't have time :(

Deleted code is debugged code.

@TopWargamer

Adventure Time is one of my favorite cartoons. And I like a lot of cartoons.

I just had the most vivid dream. It was weird af. I willed myself awake though. That's the cool part for me. It's weird though, because in lucid dreams, you know it's a dream. I didn't. 

I kept closing my eyes in the dream and knowing that when I open them, I should be looking at my bedroom. Eventually, I did. At 7AM on the dot. With no alarm or anything.

such a badass; controllin dreams n shit /kek

Also broke my major tooth while dream. Wasn't painful, just slightly bloody. The thing needs to move a bit to the right to close the gap in my teeth and get out of the way of it's neighbor. 

I had a tooth when I was a kid that had a yellow line down the middle. It was really two of my teeth that were fused together. They had to take it out during dental surgery because it wouldn't naturally just fall out. 

The tooth that took it's place is larger compared to the others and crooked, but since it's root is so large too (I imagine), it won't move for anything

Very annoying.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Yeah, no notification

Soo, what kind of multiplayer games you guys play? I mainky play CS:GO, starcraft, and hearthstone

Stopped playing CS:GO because got rekt in Brutalcs retake after got from vacation (not vac ;) ).

Currently playing gw2 when I have time to do so and sometimes killing time with AQW (basically game for little kids but lost 50% player base in couple years. In a nutshell p2 get cool stuff or grind like a maniac.)

I have around 30 games on steam and I feel that I don't really play any of them <_<  

But then again I don't have problems picking one to play B)

(maybe going to LoL or just chilling and watching anime + playing some random mmo) :ph34r:

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many" - Hachiman Hikigaya

@Charger

Regarding the "Google Overlord" comment...

I just realized that in that developer comment thread I linked for Chromium (the base Chrome source code), they specifically stated "0.01% of users actually use those context menu options". 

So they are without a doubt collecting info on usage statistics. Of course. 

:|

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

DDR3-800, DDR3-978, um what the hell is DDR3-978?   Also, isn't 800 DDR2?  Or, is it halved 1600?  Server Ram is confusing, but that's all that the Xeons I bought support.

Its most likely ecc memory of that practical speed.

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

DDR3-800, DDR3-978, um what the hell is DDR3-978? Also, isn't 800 DDR2? Or, is it halved 1600? Server Ram is confusing, but that's all that the Xeons I bought support.

DDR3 800 and DDR3 978 are DDR3 1600 and DDR3 1866. The reason why they are only listed with half of what you would normally find is the nature of DDR memory. It stands for double data rate, so it effectively works at twice it's actual speed. Most manufacturers advertise it with the doubled speed, which isn't technically wrong, but can be a bit confusing when you see memory which is listed with it's actual speed.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

since you did some stuff with translation groups, would you guys ever intentionally use a poetic and literally incorrect construction, or bother to be as intricate/specific enough to substitute something like "discrepancy" with "dissonance"

Not all groups are of course, but we tend to be careful with most of our series (some of the "fapping material", less so). Normally we would only consciously use "dissonance" like that in the rare case that the author seemed to be intending an effect like that. That doesn't mean dumb mistakes don't slip through from time to time, but we deliberately try to match the author's Japanese word choices and nuance as much as possible, and only treat liberally the bits which aren't easily translatable and can be turned into a Western equivalent (for puns/jokes/one-liners/slang/nicknames/accents/etc). The degree to which we do that sort of thing is again series-dependent, though. Bear in mind that translations are typically edited (proofread and adjusted to feel as natural as possible) and then might even be changed in the final quality-checking stage, so in some rare cases a mild telephone game effect can happen with translations (we're also careful to avoid that).

Thanks to both of you! But, after going to Dell the board I want supports either 1333 or 1066, but CPU-World claim 800/1600 and 978/1866, but oddly 978*2=1956.  O.o  So, would it be wiser to get 1333 instead of those two?  Or?  I'm going to get Registered ECC kits.  The board itself supports up to 1TB of RAM.

I'm Doing a build log, but right now I'm using PCPartpicker to plan out Wolfwood.  This is what I've got so far!  Though only the Xeons are purchased.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Memory: Mushkin PROLINE 8GB (1 x 8GB) Registered DDR3-1066 Memory  ($39.98 @ Newegg)

Memory: Mushkin PROLINE 8GB (1 x 8GB) Registered DDR3-1066 Memory  ($39.98 @ Newegg)

Other: Dell PowerEdge R810 Server Motherboard FDG2M Quad CPU LGA1567 ($200.00)

Other: Intel® Xeon® Processor E7530  x2(105TDP each/210Watts together) (Purchased For $10.00)

Total: $369.92

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-12 11:11 EST-0500

Actually ignore what I said, DDR3-800 seems to be an actual thing. Idk about 978 tho. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DDR3_SDRAM#JEDEC_standard_modules

Also I found this document from dell which says that it supports up to 1066MHz. http://www.dell.com/downloads/global/products/pedge/en/R810_spec_sheet_rev.pdf

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

That's weird since the page is selling 1333mhz for them linked in the pcpp link.  xD  I'm just gunna go with those 1066s since Intel and CPU-World is usually wrong with frequencies.

Nooooooooooo. EBay. It's so damn cheap.

This cheap.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Micron-16GB-2x-8gb-PC3-8500-1066MHz-ECC-Reg-Server-DDR3-Memory-Modules-/141856205602?nav=SEARCH

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."